Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 12, 2009 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alicia wins by default I guess. Shocking info on the princess! simply shocking!
Sep 13, 2009 1:19 AM

Apr 2009
The episode was OK
And yes , the princess suprised us LOL
I still <3 Alicia XP

Sep 13, 2009 4:01 AM

Jan 2008
and what was the info?

And what about Welkin?
Sep 14, 2009 2:38 AM

Sep 2007
Bah...
Too rushed...
I don't have played the game but i know that episode was so rushed...
Sep 16, 2009 5:37 AM
Feb 2009
Surprisingly graphic
Sep 16, 2009 6:57 AM

Jul 2009
Too rushed indeed.. And btw if you like the anime you should get the game, it's 10x better..
Sep 16, 2009 7:01 AM

Mar 2009
Pretty good episode although Selvaria's death was so much better executed in the game. More dramatic and it had more emotion.Other point was that this felt rushed indeed. They could have left out some of those meaningless episodes in the middle of the series. This would have allowed slower paced ending.
Sep 16, 2009 8:14 AM

Aug 2008
Lelouch is so evil :/

Does that mean that General Fatbastard is finally dead? Gone with the blastwave i guess
Sep 16, 2009 8:32 AM

Mar 2009
Kvakond said:

Does that mean that General Fatbastard is finally dead? Gone with the blastwave i guess

with that nuke in the ass, hell yes..
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Sep 16, 2009 9:38 AM

Nov 2008
HA I knew it was a wig, after I found out about Cordelia.
The battle scenes were really well done. Actually, all the animation was well done this episode, it's the best since the 17-19 arc.
Poor Selvie, though THANK YOU for taking out Damon. Talk about a nuke...
And what's-his-face was killed by Max ;_; I liked that little guy.
Sep 16, 2009 9:44 AM
Aug 2009
you know the best thing in this serie up to now was this ep when Cordelia showed her true self, best of all it made Maximillian shit his pants. that and that bastard of a general is dead. the only 2 downsides (which cannot compare even though it hurts me) is the death of Karl and Salveria. but i can live with that seeing what Cordelia did, and how Maxi shit his pants, thats just priceless. Absolutely priceless.
Sep 16, 2009 12:16 PM

Mar 2009
lol.

fat old fart is gone for sure now xD that can't be wrong haha.

although i'll miss selvaria... deep inside of her she was a nice person xD

(not to mention the hotness but that's apart)
Sep 16, 2009 12:39 PM
Mar 2008
KillerMan91 said:
Pretty good episode although Selvaria's death was so much better executed in the game. More dramatic and it had more emotion.Other point was that this felt rushed indeed. They could have left out some of those meaningless episodes in the middle of the series. This would have allowed slower paced ending.

True. The game made it more dramatic but more unbelievable at the same time. How could anyone be so stupid to assume that a Valkyrian is powerless without her lance and shield? I did miss the part where fat ass general was gloating over capturing Selvaria. They should have at least included some of that.
Sep 16, 2009 12:56 PM
Mar 2009
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Kame...hame.......HAAA!! xD I just had to do it.
I liked the one on one fight. The game didn't have that so the anime did awesome with that.

The reveal scene was pretty rushed and I thought Borg betrayed Gallia to the Empire so that he could become prime minister when Gallia was assimilated into a territory?
Sep 16, 2009 12:58 PM

Feb 2009
decent epd, the battle scenes were pretty good also.

a little shocked by the wig, but not a whole lot kinda figured it.
Sep 16, 2009 1:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Gotomtom said:
you know the best thing in this serie up to now was this ep when Cordelia showed her true self, best of all it made Maximillian shit his pants. that and that bastard of a general is dead. the only 2 downsides (which cannot compare even though it hurts me) is the death of Karl and Salveria. but i can live with that seeing what Cordelia did, and how Maxi shit his pants, thats just priceless. Absolutely priceless.

that pretty much summed up this episode.

Again, this is slightly rushed....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 16, 2009 1:37 PM

Feb 2008
so i guess he still has a trump card or some other shit.

is alicia gonna have to blow herself up too?
Sep 16, 2009 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
I really hated the reveal in this episode. Maybe it's because of the really tacky things I've watched today, but I really did scream when she took off that wig. The show has suffered a meltdown since making Alicia a Valkyrie, and now it's just one lame plot twist after another.
Sep 16, 2009 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
oh my...!! princess Cordelia is not... !!??

Sep 16, 2009 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
im confused..
if he just wanted the Valkyrie's blood , why cant he just have Selvaira's? O.o
cuz he did say once he got the power/blood something like that u get everything O.o....
Sep 16, 2009 4:06 PM
Feb 2009
ClearSinz said:
im confused..
cuz he did say once he got the power/blood something like that u get everything O.o....

He also wanted the throne of Gallia along with Valkyrie's blood which would be obtained by marying Cordelia. He needed royalty to become an emperor, his ultimate goal.
Sep 16, 2009 4:25 PM
Mar 2009
no frickin way. the princess was a darcsen....
alicia wins? and selvarias dead!!! nooo!!!! made the episode not awesome!!! cuz shes dead!
maximillians goin crazy!!!!

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Sep 16, 2009 4:59 PM

Jul 2008
redDX said:
ClearSinz said:
im confused..

He also wanted the throne of Gallia along with Valkyrie's blood which would be obtained by marying Cordelia. He needed royalty to become an emperor, his ultimate goal.

but cant he just take over the country with the power of the Valkyrie ?
lolz also wont the ppl of Galia just go against this and maybe leave or something
and leave the guy with an empty country to rule?
Sep 16, 2009 6:20 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, a lot of plot-twists in this one. Pretty gory too with the awesome action (minus the cliche finish: falling to ground defeated->"I lost...but still alive...I go suicide now")<- oh yeah that makes real sense...suicide after still a chance to live a happy life from being spared by Alicia. But damn...Selvaria will be missed...!@#$, now that's effing THREE characters dieing that I'd rather see alive...two of which were main characters..a shame, and after the two reunited after so long too. I saw the thing about Cordelia coming since the fancy palace party episode...but still quite a shocker.

I came sweet justice when that fat bastard finally !@#$ing died. And a glorious death that was...although I'd wished he experienced a more painful and excruciating death...oh well, at least there's not spec of his existence anywhere anymore besides faint dust in the air of a blood scented battlefield.

Maximilian had a rather apathetic personality throughout the series, although being an ambitious prick, he finally revealed his true colours when he shat his pants (priceless expression), and killing that innocent guy and loyal comrade without any qualms for his men or Selvaria. So now he's our new douchbag villain awaiting impending story-plot death next to the Empire.
Estoy_GordoSep 16, 2009 6:25 PM
Sep 16, 2009 6:22 PM

Feb 2009
Okay I had ENOUGH of this crap in 99% of animes where a random noob can suddenly power up and win against a war veteran just because he/she got the "power of friendship and love". -_______________-

And what's with that Dragon Ballesque moment at the end? Did Alicia just turn into a Super Saiyen 9001? Or did she get the Smeargol rage syndrome with all that "MY PRECIOUS" crap? Even though I played the game and I knew this was gonna happen, Selvaria's death still pisses me off somehow. Especially since it's for blondy mommy boy's sake, who's much more of an asshole in the anime. >< She could've realized that the fake orphan facility was in fact probably built by blondy...

And of course Alicia can survive a nuke... Must be the power of the one ring... Man, they should have just sticked with the game, at least all this Valkyria crap was more believable and Selvaria fought her last battle as a normal human and honorable soldier.

Oh and that guy in the lab who hit Selvaria, he must die. No wait, make that get raped in the ass by a Gorilla on fire.
AlexstratzSep 16, 2009 6:27 PM
Sep 16, 2009 7:05 PM

Apr 2008
Surprising .. the princess is not a Valkyrie ... no wonder she could not use the weapon ..

Maximillion have gone crazy x_x

Sep 16, 2009 9:04 PM

Jul 2007
Alexstratz said:
Okay I had ENOUGH of this crap in 99% of animes where a random noob can suddenly power up and win against a war veteran just because he/she got the "power of friendship and love". -_______________-

And what's with that Dragon Ballesque moment at the end? Did Alicia just turn into a Super Saiyen 9001? Or did she get the Smeargol rage syndrome with all that "MY PRECIOUS" crap? Even though I played the game and I knew this was gonna happen, Selvaria's death still pisses me off somehow. Especially since it's for blondy mommy boy's sake, who's much more of an asshole in the anime. >< She could've realized that the fake orphan facility was in fact probably built by blondy...

And of course Alicia can survive a nuke... Must be the power of the one ring... Man, they should have just sticked with the game, at least all this Valkyria crap was more believable and Selvaria fought her last battle as a normal human and honorable soldier.

Oh and that guy in the lab who hit Selvaria, he must die. No wait, make that get raped in the ass by a Gorilla on fire.

Oh how I agree with you so much..
Sep 17, 2009 12:23 AM

Jul 2009
Well all the regular are death on that blast, fine by me
Sep 17, 2009 1:18 AM
Dec 2008
When cordelia took off the wig, she totally looked like Isara there for a moment, I was like, "oh shit she's still alive!?" " (in a good way) but after the whole thing was done, she totally looked different. I know its very unlikely but still, it kinda depressed me a lilttle.

Anyways, I've always called valkyria's "walking nukes" not intending it to be literal, but this episode...yeah...

Side note: omg where's Fabo!!?? XD
Sep 17, 2009 2:37 AM

Mar 2009
Ok i don't like this episode.
The following is a game spoiler.
Sep 17, 2009 3:31 AM

Sep 2008
noteDhero said:
The show has suffered a meltdown since making Alicia a Valkyrie, and now it's just one lame plot twist after another.

I have to agree with you here, I liked the show a lot more before Alicia was revealed as a Valkyrie. Series has gone quite downhill since then. :(
Sep 17, 2009 6:22 AM

May 2008
Maximillan is racist omg that pwns

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 17, 2009 7:50 AM

Mar 2009
greenmush said:
Maximillan is racist omg that pwns

Sep 17, 2009 8:26 AM
Feb 2009
ClearSinz said:

but cant he just take over the country with the power of the Valkyrie ?
lolz also wont the ppl of Galia just go against this and maybe leave or something
and leave the guy with an empty country to rule?

Like someone said before, he wants a legitimate ascension to the throne. People are more likely to follow him that way instead of him being a conqueror. He cant really take over the country with the power of the Valkyrie because we've seen how that ended up so far. But now it seems he's trying to conquer Gallia since his plan to marry Cordelia failed.
Sep 17, 2009 8:57 AM

May 2009
Burn in hell Damon
Sep 17, 2009 1:37 PM

Jul 2008
Well I didn't tough that Maximilian was such a bastard, I knew he fought for himself but I didn't tough he would turn out being a possesive freack wanting everything. Even more we get the classic ''I don't care about my subbordinate'', I tough he would at least be a little sad even if he don't show it to others.
Sep 17, 2009 2:56 PM

Dec 2008
Ok I do like the direction the game took more than the anime now....this felt a little rushed...as some already assumed it would be. Not enough justice was done to Selvaria's death. The anime did manage to make Maximilian colder than he was in the game. That general's death wasn't as satisfying as in the game. Even for those that haven't played the game...this episode still would feel a little rushed. Anyways, I hope they make the ending satisfying somehow.
Sep 17, 2009 3:52 PM

May 2009
Mind = blown by the princess. It's a shame that Selvaria died for someone like Maximilian, but the terrible Gallian officers are finally down.
Sep 17, 2009 4:00 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah the episode had a fast pace but i' ve seen even more rushed episodes in anime than this.

I did expect a better ending of the fight between Alicia and Selveria than just powering up and having a final attack. What was that? Kenpachi vs Ichigo?
This is not suppose to be Bleach.

The princess looks better with her real hair. She's more pretty that way. She's like a more sexy version of Isara. But how did she became a princess if she is a darcsen?

Maximilian went all crazy evil in this episode. He revealed the Lelouch inside him. And in the next one his gone a continue with Lelouch crazy faces also. Maybe even something from Maria from Umineko.

Selveria nuke was something i didn't expect. Had no idea she would kill her self like that or that Valkyrias could even do that. Don't know what to think of it. As for her reasons? she obviously believed that if she couldn't win in battles, then she would have been of no use to Maximilian and she is better of dead.
Well at least it had one good resold. The end of that fatass Yeah it was a little anti-climatic, i expected an even worse death but anyway cherish the moment.
Sep 17, 2009 7:03 PM

May 2008
Was it just me..or was Maximilian having a Lelouch freak out? Especially the way his eyes looked in the preview...wow xD and that speech..Lulu centric.

Kvakond said:

And apparently someone agrees.

Sep 17, 2009 11:39 PM

Jul 2008
so selviria self destructs and take the genral with her (yay!); the princess is actually a darcsen, and the prince acts like an asshole (whats new?)
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 18, 2009 12:08 AM
Aug 2008
Generic character after generic character, cliche after cliche, stupid plot twist after stupid plot twist, terribly animated scene after terribly animated scene.

Yes Im an idiot to watch such a shit show. But after 24 episodes I think its even worse to just drop the damn thing.

Valkyria Chronicles had potential but oh man every episode leading to the finale gets worse and worse.

Selveria is a fucking nuke? The whole fighting scene was cliche and predictable as fuck not to mention ugly as hell to watch. *screams* *face zooming back/forth/back/forth.

The backstory of why she even fucking follows that guy was shit. "Im giving you a name come work for me"
*Youre a loli one second overgrown tit man face whore the next and I still look the same as when i gave you the name*
qwertyasdf1234Sep 18, 2009 12:12 AM
Sep 18, 2009 4:11 AM

Jun 2008
Sakii said:

*Youre a loli one second overgrown tit man face whore the next and I still look the same as when i gave you the name*

That isn't that strange. We have seen worse in anime (Cal from Phantom). Just imagine she was 13 and he was 21. Now she is 23 and he is 31. He can still look just fine and she will be a full grown woman.
Sep 18, 2009 5:46 PM
Aug 2009
Noo selveria,, what a shame
Sep 18, 2009 11:45 PM

Jan 2009
The princess is a darcsen was a big surprise, but this episode disappointed me for various reasons, I believed that Maximilian just not showed his feelings and what he wanted was to be a good king, but proved to be only a tyrant, I believe that was my biggest disappointment. The death of Selvaria also was something I did not want. I hope that Alicia has suffered some damage, unlike the Largo in another situation... I hope that at least the incompetent Colonel is dead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2009 12:07 AM

Nov 2007
Omg, the Darcsen thing was a total curveball.

I liked that guy that got killed at the end, damn. D:
Sep 19, 2009 4:41 AM
Jul 2009
Epic nuke, epic win.
Sep 19, 2009 8:06 AM

Jun 2009
Too over rushed and clishe episode, but it was ok. I hope that annoying general is finaly dead :@
Sep 19, 2009 9:09 AM

Jan 2009
So now we get a direct battle between the two Valkyrur, cool stuff : 3
And Damon is still a douchebag and he still sounds like a pig >.>
Too bad they cut in other scenes all the time though.

And Woaaaaah was that a surprise? Cordelia was.. : O
Oh and talking about Cordelia, Maximilian is cool, even though he outright stated that he's a bad guy in this episode xD Also, how does he manage to be so straight-forward about things like that? xD

Welkin, what does the scouter say about Alicia's powerlevel? : O
It's clearly over 9000 xD

Selveria activates her self-destruction mechanism, although it was pretty sad : (

Sweet, Girlandio (or whatever the huge thing's called xD..) makes a nice entrance into Randgriz' capital xD

Oh~ Maximilian is soo maliciously evil and doesn't hesitate to kill anyone who's obstructiong his path to glory : 3

Overall an awesome episode anyway : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 20, 2009 1:38 AM
Feb 2009
omg princess was a Darschen
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.