Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2009 11:43 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hina and Ayumu were out at night and dazed at cherry blossom... There's a symbol somewhere in the park. It was a huge kanransha, Ferris wheel with 100 meter height. Hina's afraid of height.

Hayate was talking to Sakuya about how rich she is, and he thought of what the girl she liked before. Nagi's gone!

Hina's afraid, so she closes her eyes. Ayumu thought Hina and Nagi are alike. Ferris wheel suddenly stopped.

Sakuya asked a guy with glasses to find Nagi. Trap = trap for mouse? Isumi says to call Nagi's cellphone instead of searching everywhere (huge place!). But it couldn't reach her.

Ayumu suggested Hina for singing when there's trouble. She sang "Dango 3 sisters". It helped her calmed down. Then it moved. Ayumu finally mentioned about Hina telling her something. Hina was able to say her intro smoothly.

Sakuya asked Hayate if the parents wants to have second chance to live with him again, what will he do. He said no.

Hayate has an older brother! Sakuya wanted to call him Hayate oniichan. When Hayate asked her about Nagi, she said she must be thinking about her mother.

Hina told her about what she felt during her b-day. And she said she likes him. Ayumi said what? that's all? She thought Hina would say she's going out with Hayate. Basically, she doesn't mind about what Hina said. Ayumu asked if Hina would confess with Hayate, but she said no for her to confess to him.

Hayate found Nagi pondering about family. Then Hayate and Nagi had a conversation.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 11, 2009 7:59 PM

Sep 2008
Great to see that your summaries are impeccable a ever, tsubasalover.

I'd love to agree with Ayumu's take on love, but,
"In Love, you lose if you're the one in Love. You're supposed to make them fall in love with you."
I loved all the screens when the two had big, blank eyes though, very cute. I was really wishing for Dango Daikazoku for some reason though...

Was Hinagiku in a Alice in Wonderland outfit in the preview for next week?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2009 8:48 PM

Oct 2007
Next week's the last episode, hard to believe it's over already...But I'm guessing it's only so the manga can go a little farther.
Sep 11, 2009 9:33 PM

Dec 2008
Hinagiku moe overload!

I also liked her view on confessing to show that she lost and stuff 8D
Sep 12, 2009 12:00 AM

Jun 2008
Hinagiku moe level went off the charts this episode, especially on the ferris wheel.

And I couldn't help, but lol so hard when Hayate tried to cheer Nagi up. Only he can do something so stupid. One more episode left. Hopefully they'll make a third season once the manga goes on a bit farther.
Sep 12, 2009 1:24 AM

Apr 2008
rawrs .. Hayate was retardedly funny when he did that finger trick xD

Sep 12, 2009 1:29 AM
Jul 2018
Dango San-Kyodai HAHAHAHAHA xD
Sep 12, 2009 1:38 AM

May 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

I'd love to agree with Ayumu's take on love, but,
"In Love, you lose if you're the one in Love. You're supposed to make them fall in love with you."
I loved all the screens when the two had big, blank eyes though, very cute. I was really wishing for Dango Daikazoku for some reason though...

Was Hinagiku in a Alice in Wonderland outfit in the preview for next week?

Me too! I was also expecting the dango song from clannad. It just came to mind when Hinagiku started singing. Like alot of others I also hope there will be a third season, and soon. I don't want hayate to end. Even more so if there is still manga material to cover. Or going to be more manga material.

Also is it just me or was Hayate looking like he was gonna put on a hollow mask like the vaizards in the preview of the next episode?

Sep 12, 2009 2:18 AM

May 2008
Wataru = First Hand
Hayate = Second Hand LOL

Wonder when another comedy Masterpiece like Hayate no Gotoku is gonna be aired...

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 12, 2009 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
this was definatively the last serious episode :P damn i started a thread about who he will end up with, he actually thought "i will protect you forever" just like my guess was xD but he didnt say it lol almost feels like the creators saw my thread xD it didnt end with anyone as you could see :P

next week will be a unserious episode judging from preview
Sep 12, 2009 5:04 AM

Jun 2009
Too bad this is already coming to an end, I really wish it can go on forever. It somehow totally reminded me when school rumble was over. *sad*
Sep 12, 2009 9:45 AM

Nov 2007
cr4sian_phil said:
Next week's the last episode, hard to believe it's over already...But I'm guessing it's only so the manga can go a little farther.

oh wow maybe you dont know but the manga is already 100 chapters ahead of the anime....we could literally have a third season of 52 episodes and still not catch up to the manga
Sep 12, 2009 10:28 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, Hayate has an older brother.. that's totally new and unexpected.
Hayate-oniichan XD

Third Season needed now!
Sep 12, 2009 12:17 PM

Sep 2008
The ferris wheel is supposed to give courage.. except to people who are deathly afraid of heights lol

Hina's singing wasn't as good as her singing the Eva theme, but I guess that's because there wasn't accompany music behind her this time. And it was the end theme of Clannad, just a part that was cut off from the anime and translated.

This season really seems to be pushing Hinagiku. The first segment ended with her birthday arc and realizing that she loved Hayate, the second ended with her confessing it to Ayumu, and the filler next week is her 'Alice in Wonderland' appearance.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Sep 12, 2009 6:01 PM

Feb 2008
how the heck do you miss a 100m tall ferris wheel?

Hina might as well give up now if she's expecting Hayate to confess first ;)

why wouldn't she do the naked stand up routine, did her father teach her nothing?!? ;)
Sep 12, 2009 7:51 PM

Aug 2008
Ugh! There is just not enough Maria. How is she pushed to the backburner behind Ayumu and Hina? This season definitely did not match the first.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Sep 12, 2009 9:18 PM

Nov 2007
What the, Hayate has an older brother O_O? That came as a surprise, Sakuya was surprisingly cute this episode and Hingaiku finally confronts her feelings although Ayumu's reaction was completely different from what she was expecting xD
Sep 13, 2009 12:20 AM

Feb 2008
meh, just another regurgitated shōjo episode of the "The Hina and Hamster Show" almost saved by the thumb gag and "People who... should be reincarnated as the cardboard rolls you get in toilet paper."
Sep 13, 2009 11:58 AM

Feb 2008
this season we didn't get much Nagi action. it certainly looks like we will get part 2 of season 2.
Sep 13, 2009 1:24 PM

Sep 2009
Cant belive there is only 1 episode left on this season :(
Sep 13, 2009 2:24 PM

May 2008
First of all...whoa..Hayate has a BROTHER? Hello..third season anyone? I hope so. Hayate is a VERY good series. I like this season more than season one though.

I like how he pulled a Wataru when he couldn't say anything to Nagi xD

Ah..there HAS to be a third season being planned. Hina hasn't confessed her love to Hayaye yet, and Hayate has yet to fall in love again. There's no many unanswered things.

Sep 13, 2009 3:34 PM

Sep 2009
well, if u think this through there will be a 3rd season.
1. Theres no point in brining up Hayates brother if anime ends in next week.
2. Like KayChan4U said that ''Hina hasn't confessed her love to Hayaye yet.''
3. I would be dissapointed if they would leave such a loose end on anime as great as this ^^
Sep 13, 2009 5:49 PM

Jul 2008
lolz from how the tings are going it seems they will try to get a third season..
hmm
still lots of material for anime , i mean enough for like another 52 episodes or sow ithout any fillers lol
dam.. uh
clannad eding was win..
Sep 13, 2009 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
ClearSinz said:
lolz from how the tings are going it seems they will try to get a third season..
hmm
still lots of material for anime , i mean enough for like another 52 episodes or sow ithout any fillers lol
dam.. uh
clannad eding was win..

I wanted to start the manga but there's some chapter missing in the middle, that suck so much =/.
I hope for a season 3 tough xD
Sep 13, 2009 10:57 PM

Dec 2008
I hope for a season 3 as soon as possible. I loved this episode....and Hayate mentioning he has a brother makes me want to know who he is.
Sep 14, 2009 3:59 AM

Jul 2009
maxime1007 said:

I wanted to start the manga but there's some chapter missing in the middle, that suck so much =/.
I hope for a season 3 tough xD

This is the reason why I can't read the manga to it's latest chapter -__-

I really hope for a 3rd season to come out like the others want.
This is a signature.
Sep 14, 2009 6:32 AM

Aug 2009
super episode as usual.
Hayates thumb trick was hilarious xD
Next episode looks interesting (Hina in a maid outfit?^^)

I want a third season right now!!!
Sep 14, 2009 11:02 AM

Sep 2009
Great episode, i was thrilled with the sakuya screen time :D she rocks

And yea damn Hayate has a brother damn that's awesome, for some reason i keep seeing similar to Kei Itoshiki from sayonara zetsubou sensei lol

Sep 14, 2009 7:18 PM
Dec 2007
mcjazzman32 said:
Ugh! There is just not enough Maria. How is she pushed to the backburner behind Ayumu and Hina? This season definitely did not match the first.
I don't recall there being enough Maria in the first one either, it's just that the Maria-centered episodes from the first several chapters where skipped on the reboot (they skipped pretty much all the introductory chapters).

And I don't really find that they have pushed for any character beyond what the manga intended. Heck, you could even make a case that they are pushing for a Hinagiku/Ayumu relationship, what with how much Hinagiku/Ayumu scenes we have gotten. The only factual Hayate/Hinagiku romantic scene was the bday, and this episode was basically Hayate tying even tighter his loyalty to Nagi.

Sep 14, 2009 8:26 PM

Jun 2007
Elastor said:
well, if u think this through there will be a 3rd season.
1. Theres no point in brining up Hayates brother if anime ends in next week.
2. Like KayChan4U said that ''Hina hasn't confessed her love to Hayaye yet.''
3. I would be dissapointed if they would leave such a loose end on anime as great as this ^^

They also started a new plot with the vice president holding that necklace mentioning being rich cant buy everything.

They also have the past plot from season 1 where Hayate has that necklace that Nagi's grandfather gave him.

There's just to many things they tossed at us at the last minute. Not to mention this season is only 24 episodes. I think they did that for a reason ;). Next will be another 24.
Sep 14, 2009 8:27 PM

Jan 2009
I LOVED this episode. I'm glad that Hina finally told Nishizawa, Nishizawa is so kind and made me absolutely adore her, I love how we learn more interesting facts like how Hayate has an older brother and the name of Nagi's mom, but most of all, I love the ending! Fireworks with nice music to compliment it, and to top it off Nagi and Hayate holding hands. This was a nice emotional and great episode, one of the bests I personally think.

Indeed it is sad that it's coming to an end :[, but nonetheless it's been great!
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Sep 14, 2009 9:14 PM

Nov 2008
"Admitting that I love him is like I lost, and that sucks."
"Sure, if he comes to ask me out, then I'll think about it!"

Roflmao!! xD
It's just the same with my current statement!
It'd be my favorite quote ever.

Also I wonder why Athena was so angry to Hayate.
Sep 15, 2009 3:00 AM

Nov 2007
Time to start catching up with the manga. I really love all the hints of possible sub-plots that keeps getting dropped here and there like the necklace, Yukariko and Nagi's grandfather, Hayate's childhood friend and now even Hayate's brother(what're the odds he's Himegami? =x) and the vice-president holding what seems like the same necklace from way back. Other than that I liked this episode as well. There needs to be more seasons after this, the source material is plentiful.
Sep 15, 2009 5:27 AM

Jul 2008
So much Sakuya goodness <3

Sakuya: "It's about time I show you all my special."
Nagi: "Special? I'm not interested in your strip comedy."
Myself: ... the hell... I AM!!!

Also Hina got to show off again what a great Tsundere she is, even though she wasn't with Hayate. :D
Sep 15, 2009 8:46 AM

Jun 2009
"Those who think you can get people to laugh with that should be born as toilet paper rolls in their next lives."

I LOL'd so much there! I gotta start using that.

Lots of funny this episode -- Hopefully there will be more Hayate! I will miss having something to look forward to so much every week.

I wouldn't mind having this series go on forever as long as it keeps its funny!
Sep 15, 2009 10:20 AM

Jul 2008
wow this was a realy nice ep. ayumu was extremly mature and really cool.
hina was pretty cute/ moe as always and sakuya also pretty awesome. hayate onii chan xD
that could be a really good last ep but i wont complain that there is one more. normally i should be afraid that they will mess it up, but since the hole season was pretty good i dont think i have to worry about it.

Sep 15, 2009 11:12 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hayate-oniichan lol. Very nice episode.

Too bad it's over next week.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 15, 2009 3:50 PM

Nov 2007
Hinagiku is such a tsundere. o.o

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 15, 2009 9:01 PM

Dec 2007
Hina doesn't want to lose? lol such a tsundere type answer.

25 episodes is just not enough..
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Sep 16, 2009 6:58 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
saxophone said:
I hope for a season 3 as soon as possible. I loved this episode....and Hayate mentioning he has a brother makes me want to know who he is.

And the pendant thing as well....

This second season has been incredibly funny. We seriously need a follow-up third season right now....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 16, 2009 3:12 PM

May 2009
Sakuya was delicious in the last episodes, with her zettai ryouki and all <3, we also got some moe moe Hina action :D

Too bad the first episodes of this season weren't that good, it definitely became better since hina's arc for me.
Sep 16, 2009 5:50 PM

Jun 2008
Tabrisrp said:
Sakuya was delicious in the last episodes

She is always delicious.
Sep 16, 2009 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
Kantarou said:
Hayate's brother(what're the odds he's Himegami? =x)

I guess that would be the "HnG" faster ending if the mangaka doesnt wanna continue the story much longer

virgo_sama said:

Also I wonder why Athena was so angry to Hayate.

I wonder O.O time to read manga....
Sep 16, 2009 8:56 PM

Jun 2009
game8910 said:
cr4sian_phil said:

oh wow maybe you dont know but the manga is already 100 chapters ahead of the anime....we could literally have a third season of 52 episodes and still not catch up to the manga

haha so true....the anime's currently way behind

wonder what im going to watch in place of hayate now...if they dont make season three...
Sep 16, 2009 11:29 PM
Jul 2009
That episode was funny. Too many moments to mention but off the top of my head: hina's ego, hayate-oniichan & the trap left for nagi stood out the most.

Oh and a finding out that Hayate has an older brother and that Ayumu can play the guitar is interesting.

sarahwest said:
Too bad this is already coming to an end, I really wish it can go on forever. It somehow totally reminded me when school rumble was over. *sad*

Even though I'm still somewhere in the middle of the first season, I don't find School Rumble anywhere near HnG's level. Not to say it's bad.

I came to really like the characters in the last few episodes. Especially Sakuya.

This needs a season 3 asap.
abandoned2014Sep 16, 2009 11:40 PM
Sep 18, 2009 12:54 PM

Nov 2007
HawthorneKitty said:

Thanks.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 19, 2009 5:46 AM

Jan 2008
The short Athena scene was pretty nice and Hinagiku's moeness in this episode was win.
Sep 19, 2009 8:26 PM

Apr 2009
Sakuya's speech patterns are annoying
Sep 24, 2009 1:15 AM

May 2008
Hinagiku moe overload!

I also liked her view on confessing to show that she lost and stuff 8D
Oct 2, 2009 8:22 PM

Jul 2008
that definitely was not an expected reaction, and hayate did find nagi eventually
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClearSinz - Apr 10, 2009

91 by mySaudate »»
May 22, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Sep 18, 2009

140 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 13, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2009

103 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:25 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2009

46 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 5, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2009

52 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 4, 2023 5:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.