Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So... Dartz is totally overpowered and seems invincible. He gets lifepoints every round and now he uses Yugi's friends to protect himself. What an asshole...
The only way I can imagine Yugi and Kaiba winning this, is to combine their legendary dragon-cards. I wonder what happened to the god-cards, they aren't even mentioned anymore :/
Jul 14, 2014 4:23 PM

Sep 2011
wow Dartz surely has a powerful deck.
Aug 21, 2014 12:46 PM
Jan 6, 2015 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
Just take his monsters (friends in this case) to their side. (probably some cards for)
Jul 15, 2015 6:18 PM

Mar 2011
Wow! O_O
Oct 1, 2019 3:38 PM

Nov 2016
Usually I think fuck those Duelists and their theme decks, but Dartz's Orichalcos deck is pretty damn OP.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 2020 10:23 AM

Nov 2017
Orichalcos was a treasure given to humanity by the planet! It was used to produce energy, make clothing, industrial products etc. It could be used for just about anything. When Dartz was king, Atlantis was a very advanced civilization, but the people were slowly becoming corrupted.

People are seen turning into beasts, even Dartz's wife/queen! He ends up killing her. So Ironheart is Dartz's father! And they eventually battled. Ironheart sealed the door to the world of Duel monsters, leaving behind their spirits, scattered all over the world.

Dartz waited 10k years, but people are still as corrupted and foolish as before! So he basically plans to reset the world.

Back to the duel, it's a bummer Yuugi and Kaiba lost their ace monsters. They've been trying to find ways to OTK Dartz, but that pesky monster that's still not a thing in the TCG absorbs all the damage to 0. Gigas is another annoying monster that gets resurrected and has its attack increased by 500 every time.

This Mirror Knight combo would be pretty OP if it was a thing in the TCG.

When the Mirror Knights' helmets crack and fall, their identities are exposed—it's Yuugi, Jonouchi, Mai, and Pegasus! What's going on!?
Nov 10, 2021 9:43 PM

Aug 2019
Dartz's backstory is ridiculous. It's obvious that he was being manipulated by the same substance that he already knew was cursed to begin with, so I don't understand why he never considered that he was being used by the God of the Orichalcos. Btw, I don't understand why the 4Kids dub always called it the "Leviathan" when it wasn't called that in the Japanese version...

Also Dartz's deck was asinine lol. The combo he created to restore his LP while blocking damage with Kyutora was insane. I was glad to see Kaiba finally summon Kaiser Glider though - for some reason it was shown in his hand on two occasions in the manga during Battle City, but was never summoned. Also I don't get why 4Kids edited Silent Doom's artwork when the artwork was fine in the Japanese version and actually resembles its OCG/TCG counterpart.

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.