Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2014 3:59 PM

Mar 2008
ToG25thBaam said:

Darkshadow77 said:

I disagree.
While Izumida did train hard, Tadokoro and Naruko had way more experience.
Izumida simply spent too much time growing his muscles instead of cycling.

I disagree with your disagreement, the guy could dodge the cone in front of him with such perfect control of his bike, with bare amount of deceleration, if any at all. He obviously had enough training with his bike. This is MC plot armour, plain and simple. Their exaggerated powers couldn't help them win, in the end it's all about "feelings", like, really, what the hell is that supposed to mean? "The one who will win the sprint is the one with the best strength" my ass, it's all about guts and feelings, and obviously plot armour because the opposing team won't get this kind of power ups.

Manaru said:
I personally didn't like the choice of making the cones central to deciding the outcome. Izumida had no choice but to lose, because while the cones flew high for tadokoro and Naruko, Izumida had to deal with a low cone. And as he said, hitting a cone at that speed with your wheel would be fatal (compared to hitting it with your head only leaving you with a bruise) so he had to dodge. His description of himself being perfect is actually true as his dodge was not only the only thing he could do to stay on his bike, the reflexes he needed for that could have only come from his training to perfection.
So in effect, the person with the better training only lost due to random chance because of the "spirit > technical" message the show has.

+1 to both of y'all
Dec 13, 2014 1:49 AM

Jun 2010
I was rooting for Naruko, but I'm definitely happy Sohoku took the checkpoint.

Also the conversation before the two second years at the end was cute as fuck. lol
Sep 19, 2015 7:33 PM
Dec 2009
Great battle!! All three of them are amazing sprinters. Both teams should be really proud!

Adramelech said:
Didn't anyone tell the producers a meter is not that long of a distance? I mean, even when they say "ni hyaku go juu" it takes 1.5 seconds and thus 20 meters. I calculated, people.

Haha, logic doesn't apply to sports anime ;)
Sep 24, 2015 8:36 PM

Jun 2009
jesus christ if this is how it's going to be for the next 13 episodes...
Mar 14, 2017 1:03 PM

Jan 2015
This is not the face of a sane person

What an amazing episode! That last moment really pumped me up. Tadokoro finally did it! i'm so happy for him. He did it for Kanzaki too! I like how everyone in the car was rooting for them! 2nd years especially. They want Tadokoro to win!
I'm glad that his win wasn't some kind of asspulls. Those cones fell due to wind, completely normal btw, can definitely happen. Izumida WAS stronger and faster than them, but because he changed his gear he slowed down,but they just went straight ahead RECKLESSLY which resulted in their win. Without it, no way in hell they would defeat him. Sometimes those accidents help someone to win it's normal.

I realize what Todokoro and Naruko meant when they said that what decides in those last moments before finishline is determination. Tadokoro said the same when Onoda and the others were racing against 2nd years. It's so on point, even if you are better skillwise, you might still lose to someone more determined.
LIstening to Tadokoro's backstory was great. since he is my favorite character also. I like how he said he has big bones and big body and didn't say he is fat :D self-optimism at its best.

Kanzaki is the man!!! "You decide your limits" I love how this anime teaches you that even if you are worse than others. either your body is worse or you if you are weak or even if you don't have that much talent. YOU CAN STILL DO IT, you need will and determination. And you need to work harder than those who have it, but you can do it. As Kanzaki said "You decide your limits" It's really aspiring.
Todokoro worked his ass off to become so strong, i always thought that he was that strong from the start, but i was wrong. Kanzaki entrusted him with his will, he never got to win anything major, so maybe Todokoro can win for him as well.

Naruko's backstory. Aaah.... FInally we got to see it. 25 episodes!!! So it is how he said. everyone has a bike... even that woman. LOL i just love how he talks with that dialect. calling an old woman moron LOL. That's Naruko for ya. I felt kinda bad watching it... those guys who were winning over him didn't even train. While he was small and trained A LOT. Damn being small hurts...
Now that i tthink about it Todokoro and Naruko are similar. They both have some limitation that makes it hard for you to cycle. Naruko being small and Todokoro with his weight, but they both overcame those limitations and became stronger by working harder than it's even possible. They both are inspirations!
I also understand why Todokoro was so supportive of his kouhais 2nd years now. since they remind him of himself. and he was rooting like crazy for Onoda too, that's the reason huh. Naruko being really supportive for Onoda for the same reason.

Tadokoro for the win. BEst moment ever.
Apr 30, 2018 10:31 PM
Mar 2017
! ­ ­ ­
­ ­ ­ ­­ ­
­ ­ ­ ­
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 5, 2019 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
Nope, didn't like this episode. The message of experience and feelings triumphing over talent is lost when the win came at the most bullshit of contrivances. The two cones flew so high for Sohoku but the cone that blocked Izumida is literally millimeters from his bike wheels. He showed his biking experience by flawlessly dodging it with minimal deceleration; if the cones were in that exact position for Naruko and Tadokoro, they would've flipped and fell hard.
Sep 17, 2019 5:49 PM

Sep 2018
I'm happy they beat that muscle gross guy!

Teshima x silent guy. What kind of code is that? (!) lol
erenmeiiSep 17, 2019 5:54 PM
Mar 2, 2021 2:19 PM

Nov 2016
Flashback overload. Usually really hated, but it adds so much to the experience lol.

Hype episode and cograts to Sohoku. Tadokoro and Naruko were awesome. Respect to Izumida as well. Tho he was proven that you can still win a sprinting battle on a bulk.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2021 5:40 PM

Jul 2015
No need for a strategy, secret technique, avoiding cones or anything, just recklessly blast right through towards the checkpoint! Izumida really should've spent some more time cycling rather than preparing for only the interhigh to beat our simpleminded sprinters
UnkrownedJul 25, 2021 11:59 PM

Jan 4, 2023 4:15 PM
Dec 2022
I love knowing the past of the characters. I loved the story of all of them. They have been through a lot and fighting for that first place is something respectable. But I wanted to know who was going to reach the first checkpoint or whatever its name is.
Sep 12, 2023 6:28 PM
Jan 2017
This was the moment I read in the manga first, and wasn't disappointed with seeing it animated!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.