Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]
Jan 21, 11:46 PM

Dec 2022
best ever it's goated it's goat goat goated
Jan 25, 2:50 AM

Apr 2016
IS GAMAGOORI PREPARING TO ASK SOMEONE OUT ON A DATE IN THE END CREDITS?!?!?! He's got the nice clothes, combed hair, flowers, looks nervous..... Please let it be Mako!!!! Gamagoori being concerned for Mako when she got eaten by the covers was an unexpected high point for me hahaha <3 the strict disciplinary falls for the ditzy rule breaker, COME ON! Please!!!! I'm pretty sure that Gamagoori's feelings for Satsuki are out of respect, so he's gotta be going for Mako. That would be the absolute best!!!!

As for Kill La Kill as a whole, unexpectedly impactful. The story, the animation, everything came together fantastically. Bravo to the people at Trigger for this one :D it started off a bit trite, which worried me cause i had high expectations (considering the team that worked on it). But man, they sure did flip the script on me hahaha :) I can't believe they got me to love the people i initially hated, and i loved loving them! The re-watch is gonna be WAY more fun XD it always pisses me off watching the villains win a lot; but in this case, the villains are heroes in waiting!!! So fucking awesome!

I'm also super stoked to not start out hating Satsuki from the beginning; she's one of my favorite characters of all time now!!!! Her presence, the way she spoke, her determination, her leadership ability, all admirable. She was even able to admit when she was wrong, which in my opinion, is one of the marks of a great leader. Even though Satsuki's not the main character, I think she stole the spotlight appropriately.

Moving on from stories like these is tough; it's got a special kind of chemistry that sticks with you. It's gonna be a foggy couple of days hahaha :') once again, bravo to Trigger and the team that put Kill La Kill together. Great stuff. Thank you very much.

P.S. the end credits is shredding my heart :') seeing Ryuuko, Mako, and Satsuki wearing whatever clothes they want and living normal lives is fucking great. It is a little sad seeing Ryuuko missing Senketsu and feeling alone in the crowd; but her smiling and turning around to catch up with Mako and Satsuki makes me feel that they know brighter days are ahead :') man, I haven't been this fucked up by end credits in a good while!!! IT'S SO HARD TO MOVE ON!!! 。°(°.◜ᯅ◝°)°。
L-S-M-F-TJan 25, 1:42 PM
Feb 21, 8:55 PM
Dec 2019
I think Kill La Kill has become my Platonic ideal of what an 8/10 series is. Everything it does is just perfectly lodged into the middle of "This is really good!" and it never deviates. I wasn't as much of a Gainax nerd when this first aired but after rewatching with more history in mind it really is a perfect homage to everything that studio accomplished. The only thing it missed was a gigantic budget crunch at the end where they had to air barely finished storyboard content (possibly in black and white). Even still, quite a ride of a series and it holds up excellently.
Mar 12, 2:34 PM
Feb 2019
literally made me cry about clothing ;-;, such a well made anime
Apr 12, 1:42 AM

Jan 2015
Finished rewatching, have seen this like, five times, I want to say? At the lowest this was my fourth watch. But I think it was my fifth. Yet it gets better with each revisit.

PEAK!
Apr 14, 10:02 AM
Apr 2023
ost is all bangers, animation when it exists is great and the plot twist!
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.