Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 21, 2014 5:51 PM

Nov 2011
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-22702.html
Scheduled for July and will focus on Noah's Arc. (with the circus from the manga)

Thank God since this part was skipped from the previous seasons from what I could remember. Not sure if this looks like a spoiler or not though but it's nice to see they adapt it from the manga.
Mar 21, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2013
whoa. that's gonna be awesome. noah's arc was great. wonder what black butler is gonna be like now that they're planning on actually following the manga.

this summer season won't be weak

rocketprism said:

Miyano Mamoru as Joker <<--- totally

+1
Mar 21, 2014 7:13 PM
Sep 2011
and Book of Murder OVA as well!
Mar 21, 2014 7:36 PM

Nov 2011
Mar 21, 2014 7:40 PM

Jul 2013
so is book of circus going to be a series and book of murder an ova? or will they both be ovas?
Mar 21, 2014 7:45 PM

Apr 2011
Will this be connected to the non-cannon material? Like, would I have to watch the non-cannon material to know what's happening? I only watched the first 6-7~ episodes, which I enjoyed, and then dropped the anime series with the 7th~ because the show did a 180 degree in quality (which I later learned was due to switch in source material >.<). I'm wondering how connected this will be to the non-cannon material... hopefully it'll be a restart in that sense... :P
Mar 21, 2014 8:22 PM
Sep 2011
orchidork said:
so is book of circus going to be a series and book of murder an ova? or will they both be ovas?

book of circus will be a series
and book of murder will be an ova
Mar 22, 2014 8:55 AM

Jan 2010
Fangirling like crazy @tm. Best news all year! I hope they do the zombie arc too ><
Mar 22, 2014 9:25 AM

Dec 2009
DarkAngelz said:
Will this be connected to the non-cannon material? Like, would I have to watch the non-cannon material to know what's happening? I only watched the first 6-7~ episodes, which I enjoyed, and then dropped the anime series with the 7th~ because the show did a 180 degree in quality (which I later learned was due to switch in source material >.<). I'm wondering how connected this will be to the non-cannon material... hopefully it'll be a restart in that sense... :P

If they are planning on following the manga, as they say, it will not be connected to the non-cannon material. I guess they plan on ignoring their divergence in the beginning.. hm.. (I still say they should have done a complete reboot) So no, you don't have to watch the non-canon material to know what's going on. If you read the manga, than you should be fine.

Of course, this is A-1 pictures and they may change the Circus Arc and Manor Murder some....

orchidork said:

Book of Murder is an OVA. Book of Circus is going to be a tv series that follows the Circus Arc up to the Book of Murder. That's it.

Mar 22, 2014 9:42 PM
Jun 2013
lovelyphantom said:
DarkAngelz said:

If they are planning on following the manga, as they say, it will not be connected to the non-cannon material. I guess they plan on ignoring their divergence in the beginning.. hm.. (I still say they should have done a complete reboot) So no, you don't have to watch the non-canon material to know what's going on. If you read the manga, than you should be fine.

Of course, this is A-1 pictures and they may change the Circus Arc and Manor Murder some....

orchidork said:

Book of Murder is an OVA. Book of Circus is going to be a tv series that f
ollows the Circus Arc up to the Book of Murder. That's it.

So is what I saw till the curry part manga cannon or was the anime pretty much 100% different from the manga? Im so confused. it would have been a better idea to start from square one like FMA did with brotherhood.
Mar 23, 2014 6:34 AM
Mar 23, 2014 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
YES!!! Best arc to be animated >.<!! Can't wait! What the hell is going on 2014???
Mar 23, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
souledge94 said:
lovelyphantom said:
DarkAngelz said:

orchidork said:

So is what I saw till the curry part manga cannon or was the anime pretty much 100% different from the manga? Im so confused. it would have been a better idea to start from square one like FMA did with brotherhood.

No, sadly. Episode 1 was a complete divergence from chapter 1. Clause wasn't evil nor did he get burned in an oven. The Jack the Ripper bit and the Curry arc were pretty faithful, but episode 2 and 7, and the episodes leading up to the Curry arc (which began at 13) wasn't canon. Go read the manga from the beginning, it will clear up your confusion. (The manga is canon, absolute. You can read it at Mangacat.)
lovelyphantomMar 23, 2014 1:20 PM

Mar 23, 2014 7:40 PM
Jun 2013
lovelyphantom said:
souledge94 said:
lovelyphantom said:
DarkAngelz said:

orchidork said:

No, sadly. Episode 1 was a complete divergence from chapter 1. Clause wasn't evil nor did he get burned in an oven. The Jack the Ripper bit and the Curry arc were pretty faithful, but episode 2 and 7, and the episodes leading up to the Curry arc (which began at 13) wasn't canon. Go read the manga from the beginning, it will clear up your confusion. (The manga is canon, absolute. You can read it at Mangacat.)

aight thanks. Ill read the manga up to the circus arc when the series gets dub and I know thats a while away.
Mar 24, 2014 9:10 AM

Dec 2009
souledge94 said:
lovelyphantom said:
souledge94 said:
lovelyphantom said:
DarkAngelz said:

orchidork said:

aight thanks. Ill read the manga up to the circus arc when the series gets dub and I know thats a while away.

You're welcome. Uh, you can read it now the manga is up to chapter 91, and please don't mention the "thing I wish I could forget". Not only did they change dialogue, but they voided the emotions and made the characters even more OOC than they were already, and they also took out parts (according to a friend of mine who laughed her butt off at the butchery). Not a pleasant memory.
lovelyphantomMar 24, 2014 10:31 AM

Mar 24, 2014 3:01 PM

Jun 2008
I just wish Lizzie´s "scene" was part of this arc, which is not unfortunately;__; I would LOVE to see Lizzie's big scene...she deserved it to be animated...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 1, 2014 3:01 AM

Apr 2011
Orulyon said:
I just wish Lizzie´s "scene" was part of this arc, which is not unfortunately;__; I would LOVE to see Lizzie's big scene...she deserved it to be animated...

This.
Apr 3, 2014 11:39 AM

Jul 2012
"Genres: Comedy, Demons, Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural"

Sure, pretty accurate lol
Apr 8, 2014 10:45 PM

Aug 2012
This summer is going to be great! xD So many anime to watch. . .so many sequels. . .I'm going to be so overwhelmed. . .but that's a good thing! I'm happy to see this coming back! I know my cousin is going to be ecstatic when she hears. . .Kuroshitsuji is one of her all time favorites! :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

150 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

131 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

98 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

80 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

93 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 7:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.