Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2014 9:40 AM
Feb 2014
I'm so excited for the next episode…We still don't really know what Chisaki feels about Tsumugu confessing!

PLUS TSUMUGU IS A SMOOOOOTH MOFO
Mar 13, 2014 9:47 AM
Mar 2013
This is bullshit. Why the fuck did Tsumugu get Ena. That really pisses me off. First Miuna gets Ena then Manaka loses her Ena and after that Tsumugu gets Ena.

Here! Free Ena, You get Enam, You get Ena. Everyone gets Ena.-Oprah

I can see this going two ways. Chisaki ends up with Tsumugu. Kaname rejects Sayu before he knows that Chisaki and Tsumugu start dating. And he ends up alone.

Or the otherway around.

I can't get rid of this feeling that Manaka won't get her love feeling back until some shit happens and she "sacrifices" herself for something, and she finally says "I Love You" to Hikari and boom she dies or some shit. And Hikari ends up alone. Again.
Mar 13, 2014 9:51 AM
Jan 2013
Senninn1 said:
This is bullshit. Why the fuck did Tsumugu get Ena. That really pisses me off. First Miuna gets Ena then Manaka loses her Ena and after that Tsumugu gets Ena.

I can see this going two ways. Chisaki ends up with Tsumugu. Kaname rejects Sayu before he knows that Chisaki and Tsumugu start dating. And he ends up alone.

Or the otherway around.

I can't get rid of this feeling that Manaka won't get her love feeling back until some shit happens and she "sacrifices" herself for something, and she finally says "I Love You" to Hikari and boom she dies or some shit. And Hikari ends up alone. Again.

If it goes the second way you mentioned they will just pull a anohana. Like the scene when she tells him she loves him and then disappear
Mar 13, 2014 9:53 AM

Sep 2013
Tsumugu Please GET YO DIRTY HANDS OFF CHISKAI!

Mar 13, 2014 9:54 AM
Jan 2013
trabeus1 said:
Tsumugu Please GET YO DIRTY HANDS OF CHISKAI!

AGREE!!!!! Chisaki is my favorite character in the show and tsumugu is my least i can't stand them being together I wished he drowned.
Mar 13, 2014 9:57 AM

Jul 2009
That's it. Even though the series isn't over I'm gonna make some final judgements.

1) I really like Sayu. She's actually a really good character.
2) I really DON'T like Chisaki. She's getting too annoying. This whole running away business is a complete cliche that is also very immature and I can't deal with it anymore.

I still like Tsumugu.
And I've liked Kaname but he really needs to get over Chisaki who sucks. Kaname x Sayu all the way!
Mar 13, 2014 9:57 AM

Feb 2014
At least we can tell Tsumugu has some kind of emotions now, I thought he was going to be emotionless the whole series. I wonder how Chisaki feels about this.....

I'm kinda glad that Tsumugu has ena now and Sayu going to confess to Kaname. Shows change....

I'm guessing since the next episode is going to solve all the Chisaki-Tsumugu-Kaname-Sayu things, the last two episodes will probably be for Hikari-Miuna-Manaka.

Three more episodes left.....
Mar 13, 2014 9:58 AM

Jul 2012
I loved this episode!

I don't usually like Sayu's character, but I loved how she had that outburst when Kaname and Chisaki said they'd be relieved without love. I totally agree with her. I thought they were crazy too haha.

So we finally find out that Munia actually got some of Manaka's ena and so did Tsumugu. That's what it looks like anyway.

Tsumugu's confession though. That was one hell of a confession! Hahaha

metalman21 said:
trabeus1 said:
Tsumugu Please GET YO DIRTY HANDS OF CHISKAI!

AGREE!!!!! Chisaki is my favorite character in the show and tsumugu is my least i can't stand them being together I wished he drowned.

So cruel.. LOL
Mar 13, 2014 9:59 AM
Jan 2014
tsumugu chisaki ship FTW!!!
you haters tears are so tastyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 13, 2014 10:02 AM

Jan 2011
So, to everyone who claimed that Hikari grew up AT ALL, eat your words.
Mar 13, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2013
Sooooo happy. Finally I got most of the answers that I wanted (1. why Tsumugu lives with his grandpa 2.that he liked Chisaki before the time skip)

Last episode: Sayu, Tsumugu please do something I can't stand it anymore!! Both of you have to do something!

This episode: WTF! It's all that I wanted (even more). Tsumugu and Sayu are awesome. I love both of you!

I really like it that Tsumugu compared Chisaki to the sea. The sea is quiet, calm, sometimes fierce and we all know that he loves the sea ;)!

Can´t wait for the next episode. Looks like there will be a lot of drama.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Mar 13, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2010
Inugirlz said:
That's it. Even though the series isn't over I'm gonna make some final judgements.

2) I really DON'T like Chisaki. She's getting too annoying. This whole running away business is a complete cliche that is also very immature and I can't deal with it anymore.
100% agreed, Sayu steadily grew on me during the 2nd half of the show, whereas Chisaki had been annoying me more and more as time went on.
Mar 13, 2014 10:20 AM
Jan 2014
Am i the only one feeling that everything goes too damn perfect for tsumugu? i hoped for a more tragic backstory but "my parents didn't like the sea" is not going to make me feel anything for him. He could have been such a better character if he had a proper backstory but to be honest i don't like the way everything goes bad for everyone and tsumugu is just having all the things he want trown at him like that.
Mar 13, 2014 10:21 AM
Mar 2013
metalman21 said:
Senninn1 said:

Or the otherway around.

If it goes the second way you mentioned they will just pull a anohana. Like the scene when she tells him she loves him and then disappear [/quote

Yeah, now that you mention it. It happened in AnoHana too.
Mar 13, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2012
FINALLY!!!!
progress between Tsumugu and Chisaki !!!!!!

Also Sayu's outburst was great. Another reason she is one of my favorite characters :D.

Mar 13, 2014 10:31 AM
Jan 2014
Sayu has been great since the time skip, she just never gets much screen time. Have to ship her and Kaname, its the only ship I've got left. I really wish Manaka would find out about her loss, It seems kinda cruel that everyone else knows but she doesn't.
Mar 13, 2014 10:35 AM
Sep 2012
Great, Tsumugu x Chisaki flag confirmed. I'm not going to down-vote the series for it, as it's still a great character portrayal example (more in the first season...), but it's really annoying that it turned out this way. Chisaki pairs up the worst personality wise with Tsumugu as far as best pairing on-screen, so I suppose that's why they (normally) don't get a ton of screen time.
Mar 13, 2014 10:40 AM
Jan 2014
*THEORY FOR EPISODE 24*

As i see from the preview i think chisaki and tsumugu kissed, and when chisaki got home she felt bad for kaname thats why she was crying and that explains kanames shocked face.
Mar 13, 2014 10:45 AM
Feb 2014
Tsugumu and Miuna got Ena because of their strong feelings. Don't forget, the Sea God' ena is floating around everywhere with Manaka's. It's a representation of the feelings they lost. I'm guessing those feelings interacted with theirs, as if the Sea God is trying to reconcile his feelings for loosing the Ojosho-sama.

The adults were being annoying. To be loved and to love someone are two different things. To be able to LOVE someone gives a sense of who you are and your life. You don't have to be loved in order to know this. Good job Sayu.

Even though people think Tsugmu has everything handed to him, I just don't think the show accurately shows EVERYTHING that these people want. There's alot of characters and not everyone can be in depth like Miuna, Hikari and Manaka.
Mar 13, 2014 10:48 AM
Oct 2013
Tsumugu x Chisaki go

I really hope they make that pairing happen.
Mar 13, 2014 10:52 AM

Dec 2013
Hrm... I will begin by saying that Akira is da best l'il male character in the series, no ifs ands or buts!

Ahem.... I have no idea why everyone is bashing Hikari right now. He's a 14 year old boy with the mindset of a 14 year old boy.
First, he believes the love of his life is in love with a 19 year old Tsumugu, and is being selfless in that he wishes for her happiness (i.e. to regain her ability to love). That's the only reason why he's been pushing for Tsumugu to stay in the Village for a little while longer.
Second, he had no idea that Tsumugu had any reason NOT to accede to his selfish demand, read the story people: Tsumugu has told NO ONE BUT KANAME about his feelings for Chisaki. How the heck was he suppose to know why one of his best friends was refusing a request to help their mutual friend? He only found out when Chisaki found out, guys. And one selfish request for someone elses sake doesn't immediately make him immature. You think he likes the prospect that Manaka actually DOES have feelings for Tsumugu? Think about it for a second guys... Plus, he's doing it for someone else, not for his own selfish reason, how can that be immature? His lack of consideration for other things (i.e. Tsumugu's feelings) isn't grown up, but how do you expect a 14 year old to think? Like an adult? Sheesh!

Alright, now on to the bigger picture. Tsumugu miraculously gained ena, and with that the one single missing excuse for him not to be with Chisaki has effectively been quashed. Now I don't like the shipping wars much, and in all honesty I really did prefer the status quo of the first four quadrant, but alas things in life are never ALWAYS going to go your way, now are they? I will console my feelings with the mere hope that Manaka will actually end up with Hikari.

As some have mentioned, I do not believe that Chisaki will make a decision right away, and yet I have no reason to doubt that the final decision will end up with Tsumugu. The director/author has just not put Kaname out there enough in the second half of the season for there to be any reasonable reason why Chisaki would choose him. I do have a tendency to root for the lovable underdog, though, which is why personally I have to admit that I am a bit upset at how things panned out. I believe that Kaname will be the selfless and better man by pushing Chisaki in the direction of Tsumugu in the end, but I do not believe that Kaname will end up with Sayu as many have hoped. I feel that given his character, he is better ending up as the forever alone character (perhaps hanging from a tree somewhere, but I digress....). Why do I say this? Because he has loved Chisaki from the moment he knew her, probably 15 to 17 years of his life now (I include the time-skipped years), do you think he could just throw his unrequited feelings and all the effort he had made for this one girl off a cliff in a short time span and start something new? Seriously???
I think the best we can hope for is that he hears Sayu's confession, and tells her she might have to wait a while (oh I dunno, 50 years?) for his wounded heart to heal. Plus I think if he just dropped his feelings for Chisaki like a pin, then his feelings for her really didn't amount to much now would they? That would be the ultimate insult to the now mature Sayu.

So my hopes for the outcome now after everything that has happened:
Manaka regains her feelings and ends up with Hikari,
Kaname pushes Chisaki into Tsumugu's arms
Kaname rejects Sayu's confession (seriously, if he accepted so easily I really would think less of him)
Kaname ends up forever alone (or hey, maybe the Sea God will accept a male sacrifice this time around XD)
Miuna will somehow end up with that boy from the surface?

The only issue I have right now is:
In the preview, some girl shouted "Stop acting like a tragic heroine" Tsumugu clearly says "am I mistaken?" and Kaname is heard with "Manaka has nothing to do with this"
Why do I get the feeling that despite my better judgement, the TsumuguXChisakiXKanameXSayu situation is really going to be resolved next episode?

After a few episodes of nothing happening, the author finally made his/her move. Bring on the next episode!
L-RyoshiMar 13, 2014 11:01 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 13, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2014
Nor miuna or manaka will have hearth to love in the end of anime i bet
Mar 13, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
Inugirlz said:

I still like Tsumugu.
And I've liked Kaname but he really needs to get over Chisaki who sucks. Kaname x Sayu all the way!

Damn,perfect saying.
Mar 13, 2014 11:19 AM

Feb 2014
I made this account just for this amazing anime!
First off my couples~~
Hikari X Manaka (foreverrr)
Tsumugu X Chisaki (best couple imo)
Sayu X Kaname, (If Kaname can forget Chii-chan)
Muina X kid from her school... XD

Anyways, Does anyone else think that Hikari is totally misunderstanding Manaka's feelings?? I think he is so convinced she was/is in love with Tsumugu, that he cannot take into possibility that she in in love with HIM. Anyone else?
I think that because, why did she not remember when she came to his side in the pool when he was hurt if it was not love? Is he not remembering her say she doesn't remember?
Anyways, this show is amazing in story, art, drama, and characters. I love all the characters, least favorite is Muina, but I still care for her.
One thing I'm still confused with though is the reasoning behind in ep. 21 (I think), why did the hot soup fall on to Akira? Maybe I'm thinking too much about it, but in this show, every little thing has a reason to be shown, and foreshadowing. I at first thought the accident had something to do with Manaka, but know I'm not sure...
Mar 13, 2014 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
In my eyes it's better that Kaname moves on and just light shit up with Sayu, but there is still this lingering feeling (for Kaname) that pisses me off when I see Chisaki and Tsumugu together. KanamexSayu all the way now, and Chisaki and Tsumugu can do w/e. Hikari.. this foo doesn't realize there is a chance that Manaka loves him, but I can't bring myself to angry with him for it.

ANYWAYS SHIT LOAD OF DRAMA DSDDSADASSAD.

Btw?: Sea-fish-hoe-king is recruiting people from the surface as it seems and giving them Ena?
Mar 13, 2014 11:36 AM

Jan 2012
The hell?! he got ena >< I don't like Tsumugu... and I want chisaki to be with kaname even though I know it's impossible...
Mar 13, 2014 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
Saskura said:
Tsugumu and Miuna got Ena because of their strong feelings. Don't forget, the Sea God' ena is floating around everywhere with Manaka's. It's a representation of the feelings they lost. I'm guessing those feelings interacted with theirs, as if the Sea God is trying to reconcile his feelings for loosing the Ojosho-sama.

Probably the best explanation. I just thought they did an asspull on this one.
Mar 13, 2014 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
And so there we have it, Tsumugu x Chisaki..

Though honestly why is everything going so well with Tsumugu? He gets everything while every other main character is suffering (Miuna,Manaka,Chisaki?Hikari, Kaname,Sayu)

Everything is going to smoothly for Tsumugu, Don't like anime like this when everything goes perfect for one character, and the rest of the characters have to suffer big time!
Mar 13, 2014 11:54 AM
Jan 2014
DeathyZA said:

Though honestly why is everything going so well with Tsumugu? He gets everything while every other main character is suffering (Miuna,Manaka,Chisaki?Hikari, Kaname,Sayu)

Everything is going to smoothly for Tsumugu, Don't like anime like this when everything goes perfect for one character, and the rest of the characters have to suffer big time!

He suffered 5 years of unrequited love, is that not suffering? At this point he just wants an answer, good or bad so he can move forward.
Mar 13, 2014 11:55 AM

Sep 2013
KillerBee721 said:
DeathyZA said:

He suffered 5 years of unrequited love, is that not suffering? At this point he just wants an answer, good or bad so he can move forward.

His problem for not confessing, this whole time.
Mar 13, 2014 11:58 AM

Feb 2014
DeathyZA said:
KillerBee721 said:
DeathyZA said:

I think he was waiting until the other's woke up. He even said to Kaname he is grateful everyone is back, and Chisaki isn't worried now, and they(him and Chisaki) can 'move foreword'. Still, yea he is the one suffering the least
Mar 13, 2014 11:59 AM
Jan 2014
DeathyZA said:
KillerBee721 said:
DeathyZA said:

Well if it was me, I wouldn't either...chisaki was feeling lonely for the whole 5 years and if she were to accept his feelings before everyone's return, it would be very underhanded because He is using her loneliness to acquire her love.
Mar 13, 2014 12:00 PM

Sep 2013
AnimeFish2219 said:
DeathyZA said:
KillerBee721 said:
DeathyZA said:

I think he was waiting until the other's woke up. He even said to Kaname he is grateful everyone is back, and Chisaki isn't worried now, and they(him and Chisaki) can 'move foreword'. Still, yea he is the one suffering the least

He suffered the least, thats correct. Though thats about it. Everything went smoothly for him, and also now he gets Chisaki.. (Maybe?) We still don't know, we also don't know if she will reject because she still has feelings for Hikari? I mean she did say "Its a relief that Manaka lost her love".
Mar 13, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2012
Tsumugu always had a strong affinity/appreciation for the sea. He deserves Ena more than anyone.

KillerBee721 said:
DeathyZA said:

^this and living under the same roof for 5 years.

Mar 13, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
Zeally said:
Tsumugu always had a strong affinity/appreciation for the sea. He deserves Ena more than anyone.

KillerBee721 said:
DeathyZA said:

^this and living under the same roof for 5 years.

Yea like thats worse then Manaka losing her way of falling in love, or Hikari realising Manaka might not gain her love back or she is in love with Tsumugu, or Kaname with the fact that he will never be able to get Chisaki, or Miuna also not being able to reach out to Hikaru, or Sayu not getting loved back from Kaname, im sure that its worse then that.. *sarcasm*
Mar 13, 2014 12:07 PM
Jan 2014
Who says life is fair eh? Lol!
Mar 13, 2014 12:09 PM

Sep 2013
I believe something fucked up will happen to Tsumugu like rejection or something else. I mean if Chisaki still loved Hikari as she said when Hikari and Chisaki were both in the Sea, How can her feelings change so quick. meh.
Mar 13, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2013
Finally....he's so badass
Mar 13, 2014 12:20 PM

Dec 2010
Wow. Tsumugu's confession...well done.
Mar 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Mar 2013
That Tsumugu x Chisaki moment... was deep. I hope she feels the same.
Mar 13, 2014 12:37 PM

Oct 2013
Im so fucking upset with the chisaki tsumugu shit right now,why are you doing this to me nga,why cant tsumugu just fuck off back to his college already..
I just cant accept that pairing,Kaname hasnt even had his feelings responded to properly,and now we get a half confirmation of that idiotic pairing?
Jesus christ already,i've rated this as a 10 but its definitely gonna drop a point if that happens.
It is just unfair and heartbreaking more than anything.
I've never straight up disagreed to a pairing except this time, NO, DONT DO IT.
Now that i cleared off my head.

Its possible that manaka got confirmation from sea slug and realised,oh shit,its ok to confess to hikari,better do it but nver got there.
Mar 13, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2008
I wonder Chisaki will reply on his confession or we will get Kaname ver.2 with Tsumugu.
Mar 13, 2014 12:46 PM

Aug 2009
I don't see how Miuna or Sayu have it worse? I like them (especially Sayu, she's great) but their whole characters can be reduced to 'my existence resolves around a boy and that's it'. Miuna is just moping around the new arc, not doing anything about it anyway. (Either you do something about it or don't whine, since it's your fault for not doing anything) Thank god as the arc progressed, she grew a little. Sayu... does she even have a backstory?

And It's not like it's set in stone that Tsumugu has 'got Chisaki'? So 'Sayu's not getting loved back by Kaname' argument is pretty stupid since Tsumugu may not be be getting loved back by Chisaki either?

Enough with that 'tragic backstory is better' cliche, anything not working out for everyone gets boring, because... well, it's already 23th episode, I'd, personally, like to see some progress with the love heptagon.
Mar 13, 2014 12:47 PM

Dec 2009
YES!!! Tsumugu feeling towards Chisaki might reciprocate.

If they start dating though, Kaname will be quite sad... or annoyed. Being Kaname must be suffering.
Mar 13, 2014 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
fanshii said:
I don't see how Miuna or Sayu have it worse? I like them (especially Sayu, she's great) but their whole characters can be reduced to 'my existence resolves around a boy and that's it'. Miuna is just moping around the new arc, not doing anything about it anyway. (Either you do something about it or don't whine, since it's your fault for not doing anything) Thank god as the arc progressed, she grew a little. Sayu... does she even have a backstory?

And It's not like it's set in stone that Tsumugu has 'got Chisaki'? So 'Sayu's not getting loved back by Kaname' argument is pretty stupid since Tsumugu may not be be getting loved back by Chisaki either?

Enough with that 'tragic backstory is better' cliche, anything not working out for everyone gets boring, because... well, it's already 23th episode, I'd, personally, like to see some progress with the love heptagon.

Yess! Thank you.
Mar 13, 2014 12:59 PM
Apr 2012
Is it a bad thing that I'm more interested in Sayu's confession to Kaname than
Mar 13, 2014 1:00 PM
Jan 2014
DeathyZA said:
I believe something fucked up will happen to Tsumugu like rejection or something else. I mean if Chisaki still loved Hikari as she said when Hikari and Chisaki were both in the Sea, How can her feelings change so quick. meh.

Chisaki need to see if it was really in love with hikari?
she weeps for the suffering of kaname.
can not finish that ends with kaname, there is also sayu.
Mar 13, 2014 1:00 PM

Sep 2013
kido22 said:

Can't tell me Chisaki has feelings for Tsumugu, Been living with him for 5 years, never showed signs of Love for him and shit.
Mar 13, 2014 1:02 PM
Jan 2014
DeathyZA said:
kido22 said:

Can't tell me Chisaki has feelings for Tsumugu, Been living with him for 5 years, never showed signs of Love for him and shit.

not aware of what he felt
Mar 13, 2014 1:04 PM

Sep 2013
kido22 said:
DeathyZA said:
kido22 said:

not aware of what he felt

Does not matter, only way to get Chisaki to love Tsumugu back, is if Chisaki can come to terms that Hikari will never love her back, and then move on.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.