Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2014 10:09 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Seriously, Futaba why are you doing this?!

Please, somebody give me strength to keep reading this manga...
Mar 12, 2014 10:47 AM

Jun 2012
Aww loved the part when she ran to Kikuchi *----* and then she gave him the matching keychan that was just too adorable -diees-

Kou's character is starting to grow!
Will he finally move on? Hope so!
( Starting to ship Shuuko and Kou lmao , tho it's unlikely. )
Mar 12, 2014 2:02 PM
Feb 2014
Well it seems Futaba has gotten really close to that Touma and the distance between her and Kou has grown up quite bad,but at least Kou feels happier and is no longer in a depressed state,he smiled a couple of times and became more mature and that's good!But there's one thing to do now:try to get Futaba's love back!A big love!But the pace seems so incredibly slow and no signs yet of ending manga so it might take many more chapters and months till they finally get together,if they do get together,then what's the point of the manga if Futaba ends with Touma?Because they're already together now!It MUST end with Kou and Futaba.

And about Murao-ok we found out what was her odd behaviour,she owes Kou for not telling Futaba earlier about his feelings and if Futaba moves forward and Kou stops following her then she won't owe him anylonger that's why she wants to keep them apart,which I don't like!But at least she doesn't like Kou,another love triangle would've been even worse,she is completely free for Kominato,him being all happy when he found out she doesn't like Kou,he must try to get her!

And the ending:good!A call and a sudden look in the sky like something bad is going to happen,as always Sakisaka leaves the endings of chapters in tension to keep us readers on our toes.

But overall,me being a Futaba and Kou fan I disliked the chapter(Futaba gives Touma the heart-makes me wanna puke)- 1/5,with no offense!
Mar 12, 2014 4:11 PM

Jun 2012
TheOptimiser said:
then what's the point of the manga if Futaba ends with Touma?

To finally give a realistic ending to one of her works.
Sometimes(well,most of the times),first love doesn't work out and we have to accept that, but of course you're going to pull the "but it's a manga" thing :')
Mar 12, 2014 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
Meykkei said:
TheOptimiser said:
then what's the point of the manga if Futaba ends with Touma?

To finally give a realistic ending to one of her works.
Sometimes(well,most of the times),first love doesn't work out and we have to accept that, but of course you're going to pull the "but it's a manga" thing :')

Wait what? You call realistic to have an ending with the "perfect (out of fantasy world)" boyfriend, please tell me you don't seriously believe there are perfect guys like Touma in real life.

Anyway, I am not sure, but what I think TheOptimiser meant was that if Futaba is gonna end with Touma, then what is the point of dragging this manga, and give false hope to Kou x Futaba fans.

I do seriously hope Futaba ends up with Touma. At this point, after all she has been doing, she will seriously look quite bitchy if she goes back to Kou. Sure, Kou might deserve it and brought it on himself, but it isn't fine anymore and Futaba's character is becoming unlikeable with the way the current plot is going. Either the mangaka starts giving more importance to Futaba X Touma relationship and slowly make Kou disappear, or make Kou get her back. There has been too much teasing in these last chapters.

Finally, I am mad at Murao, her reasoning is stupid, but I am not losing hope that she actually likes Kou, or gets to like him at some point in the Future. Kou X Murao would make a really interesting couple, and that would actually be a realistic couple.

IMO Futaba X Touma, I got nothing against that, but it would be as boring as it would be watching a spin off of "The Simpsons" where the Flanders are the main characters.
jose21Mar 12, 2014 5:14 PM
Mar 12, 2014 8:16 PM

Nov 2012
I wish Narumi tries to commit suicide. IMO that would make this more interesting and get it going. Just think about it, if she does that:

What would happen to Kou? will he get a relapse? Will he stay the same since he is supposedly better?

If Kou gets a relapse, What about Futaba?
If she still loves Kou, will she break up with Touma to help Kou get better? would she decided not to break up with Touma despite not loving him?
If she loves Touma now, will she do nothing? will she do the same that Kou with Narumi, and despite not liking Kou anymore, will she break up with Touma to help Kou?

What about Murao if Kou gets a relapse? will she continue doing what she is doing now? will she change her mind and tell Futaba about everything and try to get them together?

That would be interesting.

Anyway, if Futaba goes bacK to Kou, and finds out about what Murao is doing, she better slap her face at least once.
Mar 13, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2013
Futaba and Touma are of more in more close and Kou looks to want move on. I don't really care with this relationship but if they end up together then I also hope a development between Kou and Murao, even if it's unlikely.
Mar 15, 2014 4:38 PM

Feb 2009
I would be so disappointed if Futaba ends up with Touma. Touma is so boring. He's just some random dude who popped in between Kou and Futaba. She only dated him to get over Kou and I always find those things annoying in manga. I mean, it all began with Futaba and Kou not seeing each other again when they were supposed to meet. We follow them aaaaaalllll the way to chapter thirty something and she dates "nice guy" Touma. I don't care if he is nice, I am always invested in the first love and I can't say it enough but Touma is BORING. All their moments are so cheesy and boring and I just beg for it to switch back to the Kou group.

I've never understood why the girl ending up with the other guy means it is so realistic. It's not realistic, it's just uncommon in mangas and just for that simple fact doesn't mean it's so above other mangas or "avant garde".

The only reason she is with Touma is because she never knew Kou liked her.

There's your true love Touma.
o genki desu ka
Mar 16, 2014 4:19 PM

Sep 2011
I'm really not very happy with the way this manga is going. I'm finding it tedious to read some of this now.

I didn't like the way that Murao was being at all, not letting her friend know when she knew how much they liked each other, I disagree with her and find what she did hurtful, whatever her good intentions were.

I don't like the vapid way that Futaba is acting and forcing herself to be. It's a shame because I liked her as a heroine before. And I liked Kou's reasons for liking her.

Kou and Kominata have become more likeable and the girls much much less so and right now those two guys are the only ones with character growth it's pretty much regression for some of the others.
Mar 16, 2014 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
Seems like a lot of characters are thinking about others rather than themselves...
Why do they have to make it so complicated anyways? Just be themselves. I barely felt Kou growing though...

Average chapter, didn't find anything special about it. I wonder how far the anime will go.
Mar 16, 2014 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
I saw Kou talking about his mom's death in front of other people as big growth actually... I don't know how many of you had a parent die when you were a kid, but I didn't talk about my father's death very much and I was already a loner and I think it made me more so for a long long time. He died when I was like 8 years old and I don't think I started coming out of my shell until like 8th grade. That was a long time ago for me but I still remember how closed off I was to everyone and I never showed any emotions pretty much at all.

So I thought Kou talking to them about how the sunset made him feel was really big. Not just individually but openly in front of a group, it's very different. Also he talked to Kominata and vice versa about how they felt about the girls and he usually doesn't talk at all like that...
inzarathaMar 16, 2014 4:55 PM
Mar 16, 2014 6:32 PM

Mar 2012
boring

I'm starting to hate everyone (except Kou and Kominato), I feel awful reading this. Futaba x Touma disgusts me A LOT and I would be so disappointed if they end up together (which I think it's almost impossible), it's way too forced.

Also Murao... oh my god NO what a stupid reasoning, you were my favorite girl, what happened to you? :(
Mar 16, 2014 6:40 PM

Mar 2014
I wonder how long i can keep reading this. It's too painful! Whyyyyyyy Futaba?? Whyyy?? Poor Kou having to endure all that pain
If anime characters were real, i'd probably be the happiest person alive! Or just dead.... ^_^

Mar 16, 2014 6:48 PM

Mar 2014
onigiridango said:
I would be so disappointed if Futaba ends up with Touma. Touma is so boring. He's just some random dude who popped in between Kou and Futaba. She only dated him to get over Kou and I always find those things annoying in manga. I mean, it all began with Futaba and Kou not seeing each other again when they were supposed to meet. We follow them aaaaaalllll the way to chapter thirty something and she dates "nice guy" Touma. I don't care if he is nice, I am always invested in the first love and I can't say it enough but Touma is BORING. All their moments are so cheesy and boring and I just beg for it to switch back to the Kou group.

I've never understood why the girl ending up with the other guy means it is so realistic. It's not realistic, it's just uncommon in mangas and just for that simple fact doesn't mean it's so above other mangas or "avant garde".

I am in TOTAL agreement! I wonder how she would react if the whole truth about Kou loving her is finally revealed. I kind of feel sorry for her too for not knowing in the first place.
If anime characters were real, i'd probably be the happiest person alive! Or just dead.... ^_^

Mar 16, 2014 8:09 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
glamazon said:
boring

I'm starting to hate everyone (except Kou and Kominato), I feel awful reading this. Futaba x Touma disgusts me A LOT and I would be so disappointed if they end up together (which I think it's almost impossible), it's way too forced.

Also Murao... oh my god NO what a stupid reasoning, you were my favorite girl, what happened to you? :(

I feel the same, however Kou annoys me also. The characters were good at first and now they have become annoying. Even Shuuko who was supposed to be the cold, mature girl. I guess only Yuuri and Kominato are fine so far.

And what's with Kou and that cheesy dialogue, seriously. Nothing interesting happened at the school trip when we were expecting Kou will confess at Futaba and Futaba will dump Touma.
Mar 16, 2014 8:32 PM

Dec 2013
llRydonll said:
onigiridango said:

I am in TOTAL agreement! I wonder how she would react if the whole truth about Kou loving her is finally revealed. I kind of feel sorry for her too for not knowing in the first place.

Kikuchi is the possessive and jealous type, he's trying really hard not to show that side of himself to Futaba, but you kinda feel that somewhere along the line there will be a breaking point despite what Futaba does in consideration of his feelings at this point in time. You know this because it is in Futaba's nature to care about her friends, regardless of whether it will make things look bad on other peoples eyes (this has already been seen where almost everyone else outside of the group are complaining/speculating that Futaba is dating/is too close to Kou).

Kou is the perfect foil for this situation because of his more than tragic past, it will draw people to help him regardless of whether he wants them to help or not. Somewhere down the line, you know that some sort of tragedy is going to happen to him, causing him to go into withdrawal again and forcing Futaba to make a decision between caring about him and causing more friction between her and Touma. I can already see it happening (possibly as soon as next chapter even).

This latest chapter actually showed me that Kou is becoming more mature and suitable as a partner because he is selfless enough to try moving on by himself and allowing the girl he loves to walk away and try to find her own happiness. It takes a lot of courage to love someone, but it takes even more courage for you to let someone you love go. Opening up about his mom to his friends, coming out of his shell is also a great indication of his maturity. He'll become a better character for it.

Fact is, he screwed up in dealing with the other girl, and ended up being too late to confess, and he's suffering for it, but he's still mature enough not to cause a ruckus about it. Compared to Kikuchi's attempts to hold himself back all the time, Kou seems way more genuine in giving Futaba free reign to do what she wants once he felt that she had given up on him (i.e. dating someone else).

Plus, like you all mentioned, it wasn't like Futaba had clear knowledge that Kou liked her. That's why she could move on to the next guy. That's probably also why when its revealed to her about Kou's hidden feelings, it will literally be like dropping a bombshell onto the plot.

As for Murao, I think her triangle is messed up enough. I think she's too pragmatic to be with Kou, Kominata has more of a chance with her than Kou does, but then again she's still pining for Kou's brother. Plus, She's having a major guilt trip about not telling Futaba about Kou's feelings before it was too late, and watching her friend secretly suffer because of what she failed to do has got to be eating at her inside, and because she actually knows where Kou's heart is at, it would make it hard for her to develop any sort of romantic feelings for him.

Sigh.... I just wish his series would come out faster. The anime is stated to start July of this year, and its a 1 cour, so that means it would end around the end of September. I'm expecting that some major developments should be coming in the next three months, unless they want to end the anime with a non-canon ending (something that I cannot see them doing).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 16, 2014 9:00 PM

Nov 2012
Not sure if it is just me, but can't anyone really be happy with where this manga is going:

Touma x Futaba fans, sure so far he got the girl, but can you really be happy about how he got her:
1- It was a bit forceful.
2- The reason he got her is more cause Kou forfeit and did not really try anything to compete for her. It is almost as lame as those mangas where the second guy gets the girl only cause the first/main guy died.
3- Why is that the mangaka is not really focusing solely on Touma x Futaba relationship? Don't get me wrong, but pretty much every "sweet" Touma X Futaba moment is preceded by a Kou X Futaba moment. Might be just me, but I see more emphasis in "Kou had his opportunity and lost it " rather than "Futaba is moving on and trying to be happy with Touma." It is almost like the Mangaka message from this manga is some sort of revenge or pay back to guys like Kou.
4- Not really a reason, but I find it funny how some people say it would be more realistic if she end up with Touma. Well, realistically speaking, sure, first loves and childhood sweethearts are not always the ending guys or girls, but if you use that same line of thinking, then what is the point of reading this manga since realistically speaking high school relationships are also doomed to fail, so realistically speaking there is a high probability that no matter who Futaba chooses now, she may not end up marrying him in the future.

Kou X Futaba fans, well she is with the other guy, so there is no way you could be happy. Not need to give more detailed reasons.

On the other hand, I am actually a bit disappointed with the mangaka, I mean what the hell is she doing, she is ruining every single character of this manga.

Kou - he is actually the only one the mangaka is actually making more likable. He is showing some maturity. However, I hate how the mangaka flip the sides and is making him look like the love martyr.

Touma - Not sure if it was the mangaka's plan all along, but it almost looks like she noticed he was too perfect to be real, so she make him a complete control freak and extremely jealous person.

Futaba - I just hate her, what the hell is wrong with her character. If she goes back to Kou, she is a complete bitch. Like Narumi thought on a previous chapter, were Futaba's feelings for Kou that weak that she is moving on that easily and that quickly. A few chapters ago, sure, Touma was not really a victim since he kind of force her to be his girlfriend, but lately he hasn't been forcing her to do any of the things she is doing, so if she goes back to Kou, she is the one to blame for actually misleading Touma to think that he has a chance and ultimately hurt him. If she goes back to Kou, well she has been telling Kou multiple times that it isn't his problem anymore and that she has a boyfriend; sure Kou may deserved, but IMO telling that to someone you love, and loves you back is quite hurtful.

Murao - I hate what the mangaka did to her. Murao was one of my favorite characters, but I can't feel the same way anymore after this chapter. I was actually wishing for her reason to be doing that, that she was actually in love with Kou, but never expected that stupid reason.
I just can't understand her reasoning. I mean, how can it make sense that she was feeling guilty towards Kou for not telling Futaba something that might have help him not get separated from Futaba, and now she is doing everything possible to keep them separated to feel less guilty. It is almost as saying that a criminal would feel less guilty if he eliminates all evidence.
Also, why actually feel guilty, I actually thought she was a bit right by not meddling (I mean, is not like she was supposed to confess to Futaba instead of Kou), but now she is actually meddling by keeping them apart and telling Kou to back off (If she wants to feel guilty about something, it should be for what she is doing now, instead of what she didn't say).
jose21Mar 16, 2014 9:06 PM
Mar 16, 2014 9:46 PM

Dec 2013
jose21 said:
Not sure if it is just me, but can't anyone really be happy with where this manga is going:

Touma x Futaba fans, sure so far he got the girl, but can you really be happy about how he got her:
1- It was a bit forceful.
2- The reason he got her is more cause Kou forfeit and did not really try anything to compete for her. It is almost as lame as those mangas where the second guy gets the girl only cause the first/main guy died.
3- Why is that the mangaka is not really focusing solely on Touma x Futaba relationship? Don't get me wrong, but pretty much every "sweet" Touma X Futaba moment is preceded by a Kou X Futaba moment. Might be just me, but I see more emphasis in "Kou had his opportunity and lost it " rather than "Futaba is moving on and trying to be happy with Touma." It is almost like the Mangaka message from this manga is some sort of revenge or pay back to guys like Kou.
4- Not really a reason, but I find it funny how some people say it would be more realistic if she end up with Touma. Well, realistically speaking, sure, first loves and childhood sweethearts are not always the ending guys or girls, but if you use that same line of thinking, then what is the point of reading this manga since realistically speaking high school relationships are also doomed to fail, so realistically speaking there is a high probability that no matter who Futaba chooses now, she may not end up marrying him in the future.

Kou X Futaba fans, well she is with the other guy, so there is no way you could be happy. Not need to give more detailed reasons.

On the other hand, I am actually a bit disappointed with the mangaka, I mean what the hell is she doing, she is ruining every single character of this manga.

Kou - he is actually the only one the mangaka is actually making more likable. He is showing some maturity. However, I hate how the mangaka flip the sides and is making him look like the love martyr.

Touma - Not sure if it was the mangaka's plan all along, but it almost looks like she noticed he was too perfect to be real, so she make him a complete control freak and extremely jealous person.

Futaba - I just hate her, what the hell is wrong with her character. If she goes back to Kou, she is a complete bitch. Like Narumi thought on a previous chapter, were Futaba's feelings for Kou that weak that she is moving on that easily and that quickly. A few chapters ago, sure, Touma was not really a victim since he kind of force her to be his girlfriend, but lately he hasn't been forcing her to do any of the things she is doing, so if she goes back to Kou, she is the one to blame for actually misleading Touma to think that he has a chance and ultimately hurt him. If she goes back to Kou, well she has been telling Kou multiple times that it isn't his problem anymore and that she has a boyfriend; sure Kou may deserved, but IMO telling that to someone you love, and loves you back is quite hurtful.

Murao - I hate what the mangaka did to her. Murao was one of my favorite characters, but I can't feel the same way anymore after this chapter. I was actually wishing for her reason to be doing that, that she was actually in love with Kou, but never expected that stupid reason.
I just can't understand her reasoning. I mean, how can it make sense that she was feeling guilty towards Kou for not telling Futaba something that might have help him not get separated from Futaba, and now she is doing everything possible to keep them separated to feel less guilty. It is almost as saying that a criminal would feel less guilty if he eliminates all evidence.
Also, why actually feel guilty, I actually thought she was a bit right by not meddling (I mean, is not like she was supposed to confess to Futaba instead of Kou), but now she is actually meddling by keeping them apart and telling Kou to back off (If she wants to feel guilty about something, it should be for what she is doing now, instead of what she didn't say).

Some decent points there, though I can't be sure whether you're on the Futaba x Touma faction or the Futaba x Kou faction.

Futaba has no idea how Kou feels, he never gave her a clear enough indication for her to know whether HE liked HER or not, and the thing with that other girl didn't help matters one bit. A lot of misunderstandings were caused by just seeing people walk around together. Even though Touma took the situation as an opportunity to get together with Futaba, he also misunderstood the situation. Clearly he was thinking along the lines of "Kou is hanging around with that other girl, he's not as good as me" whereas the reader will know that the situation is quite different (though you even the biggest Kou fans will have to admit that he brought it on himself through his own indecisiveness). So now that he's together with Futaba, Touma's feeling would be of entitlement (i.e. "She's Mine now") and his dislike of Kou, however misplaced stems from both his perception that he is a threat to His and Futaba's relationship, as well as his initial poor impression of him in general. Touma isn't exactly a perfect saint you know, having your girlfriend hanging with her friends and even her first crush shouldn't incite jealousy or control-freak tendencies (specially since Touma doesn't know Kou likes her), but it does with him.

As for slating Futaba as a bitch if she went back to Kou, I don't see the rational of your comment. Firstly, she chose to move on because she DOESN'T know that Kou actually has reciprocal feelings towards her. If she actually knew that she had a chance with Kou, would you expect that she would even accept Touma? I think not. She's trying to move on because she THOUGHT that Kou had already had someone else, and Touma conveniently asked her out at the same time. What did you expect she would do in that situation? She wouldn't be to blame for misleading Touma, per say, since at the time of her choosing Touma, she only had one option to her (Touma), whereas if she actually knew of Kou's feelings, then she would be considering her own feelings for both of them (Touma vs Kou i.e.: Two options). Futaba is doing the right thing by calling out Kou and saying that her issues aren't his problem anymore, because technically and in the moral sense, she is trying to convince herself that she is moving on (whether she really is moving on or not is up for discussion).

Plus, how would she know that she was hurting Kou anyway? As it was mentioned many times before: She DOESN'T KNOW he has feelings for her (still doesn't).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 16, 2014 11:45 PM

Nov 2012
@ L-Ryoshi
Right now, I am on neither side. I hate love martyrs, and right now both are. I dislike Touma more than Kou, but don't really care whether Futaba ends up with him or not.
Perhaps, I went overboard calling Futaba a bitch, and understand that she has the right to move on. However, just going out with Touma cause he is the second option, and the speed of how everything is happening don't look good to me. People don't just date the next available option immediately after being "rejected." Sure, she doesn't know about Kou's feelings, but she should know better about her own. IMO, It isn't right to date somebody as a rebound without any feelings, only to ditch him later when her main love interest comes to get her.
jose21Mar 17, 2014 3:28 AM
Mar 17, 2014 12:50 AM

Dec 2013
jose21 said:
@ L-Ryoshi
Right now, I am on neither side. I hate love martyrs, and right now both are. I dislike Touma more than Kou, but don't really care whether Futaba ends up with him or not.
Perhaps, I went overboard calling Futaba a bitch, and understand that she has the right to move on. However, just going out with Touma cause he is the second option, and the speed of how everything is happening don't look good to me. People don't just date the next available option immediately after being "rejected." Sure, she doesn't now about Kou's feelings, but she should know better about her own. IMO, It isn't right to date somebody as a rebound without any feelings, only to ditch him later when her main love interest comes to get her.

To be perfectly honest, I am in full agreement with you on that. Going on personal opinion, I hate it when guys or girls immediately go for the rebound option when it's the easy way out, especially when they admit that this choice clashes with their own feelings. I mean, if you really do like a guy/girl, I would expect that you'd wait some time to see if you really had no chance before moving on. Unfortunately even in the real world, there will be girls, and perhaps guys, that will move on to the next option all the whilst telling everyone that they haven't gotten over their previous crush/love/infatuation (this from personal experience, its amazing how fast some people move on).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 17, 2014 1:19 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly, I think even if Futaba did find out about Kou's feelings, from the ass he was being initially I don't think she would've run straight back into his arms (or even Touma's for that matter), even if they talked it over. I mean this is a manga and many expect it to be unrealistic in the romance sense, but that would've just made her seem completely dumb and without self-respect. I don't think she chose Touma just because he was a rebound (yes the fact that she wanted to stop loving Kou may have had a hand in it) but I think it's also because he kind of earnt it, often people give up if the person they like doesn't reciprocate but he persisted and obviously had to make her feel at least the potential for more than friendship for her to choose him.

This does not means I like Touma better, because I do root for Kou x Futaba.
Mar 17, 2014 2:12 AM

Jun 2009
mfw touma hate

Tbh, those cute Touma x Futaba moments are the only joy i have left in this manga. Because let's be real, we all know how this is gonna end, we just need to sit back and find out how.
I'm glad with this little growth in Kou, they're small steps but I'm seriously happy. I never thought he would talk about his mom's death again, that's a huge thing.
Mar 17, 2014 3:51 AM

Nov 2012
Akai_Hunter said:
Honestly, I think even if Futaba did find out about Kou's feelings, from the ass he was being initially I don't think she would've run straight back into his arms (or even Touma's for that matter), even if they talked it over. I mean this is a manga and many expect it to be unrealistic in the romance sense, but that would've just made her seem completely dumb and without self-respect. I don't think she chose Touma just because he was a rebound (yes the fact that she wanted to stop loving Kou may have had a hand in it) but I think it's also because he kind of earnt it, often people give up if the person they like doesn't reciprocate but he persisted and obviously had to make her feel at least the potential for more than friendship for her to choose him.

I don't know, I just don't really believe that love is something to be earned. Respect is earned but not love. I mean, in a dishonest way, but wouldn't Narumi also earned Kou's love? Or should Murao start dating Kominato just cause he earned? Actually, could it be that Murao has been earning love points in order to get lovey-dovey with Kou later on?
Mar 17, 2014 4:41 AM

Jul 2013
jose21 said:
Akai_Hunter said:

I don't know, I just don't really believe that love is something to be earned. Respect is earned but not love. I mean, in a dishonest way, but wouldn't Narumi also earned Kou's love? Or should Murao start dating Kominato just cause he earned? Actually, could it be that Murao has been earning love points in order to get lovey-dovey with Kou later on?

I think that it was the fact that he really tried ("earned" it) and she felt that she could grow to love him.

Howeverrr, I'm starting to get the weird vibes now. Futaba didn't hug Touma back even though he hugged her... twice. Also, I'm pretty sure Futaba still thinks that Kou is with Narumi? She doesn't know that Kou turned her down, so maybe that's why she's continuing with Touma and trying to move on. This is all so frustrating, ugh.
(눈_눈)
Mar 17, 2014 8:37 AM

Oct 2011
For a second I thought Murao likes Kou, thankfully not.

Futaba doing her best to move on. Let's see if the author will really make her fall in love with Touma.

I'm glad Kou opened up with his friends :)
Mar 17, 2014 9:52 AM
Jun 2013
Okay, is it just me or am I the only one who thinks that Futaba bought the matching straps for Toma and her just to make him feel at ease and only did it halfheartedly? I seriously can't get this! I really liked the scene, how she ran and all, but this part really got me kind of upset... Also, why did the ending of the chapter have to be so sad? I actually cried a little too!
Mar 17, 2014 9:55 AM

Sep 2008
Atani said:
Okay, is it just me or am I the only one who thinks that Futaba bought the matching straps for Toma and her just to make him feel at ease and only did it halfheartedly?

Yes! I also think like this..
She is like Shuuko who want cheer up Kou,
because she feels guilty...
Futaba acting like girfriend, because she can't falling in love with Touma,
even when he hugged her, she don't hugged him back,
and her face... She said she is happy, but it doesn't look like that for me.
Mar 17, 2014 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
I don't get how people can say the moments between Touma and Futa are "cute" and "the only good thing" about this manga. They are so cringe worthy and awkwardly forced its hard to watch honestly. They should just end this farce quickly so we don't have to continue with this obviously not going to work relationship. Touma should have known better, but him losing her will be what he gets. Did too many things wrong.

Lessons for the future eh.
Mar 17, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2010
I feel like Murao is in the times when if she doesn't get to be with who she loves ,then so does her friend Futaba.
Murao loves her teacher ,Futaba loved Kou
But eversince the drama
No one got who they love
I feel like Touma and Futaba will last a little longer,but I have a feeling Touma will say something.
It so hard to see Kou watch Touma and Futaba ughhhh the nerves!!
Kou seemed happy towards the end , I'm happy for him ,he seems to be changing his old ways.
Yet in some panels in this chapter you see Futaba concern or worried.
Mar 17, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
Aerensianic said:
I don't get how people can say the moments between Touma and Futa are "cute" and "the only good thing" about this manga. They are so cringe worthy and awkwardly forced its hard to watch honestly.

I agree with you. I dislike those moments.
The only thing that was good was Kou opening up about his mother.
Mar 17, 2014 11:49 AM
Feb 2014
Hi! First time commenting
I think that this chapter was helpful in a way of clearing things up even a little!
People who say that this ch was without progress are wrong.
First thing that is very important is that Murao finally realised that she made a mistake by trying to distance Kou and Fu. I mean in ch 37 Kominato told her about how Fu might still have feelings for Kou and she shouted at him ''stop it''. It was a big problem that she and Kominato knew about Kou's feelings and kept quiet about it. Also, when people started to worry because she might have feelings for Kou I knew that's not the case, I knew she felt guilty somehow and in some way pitied him. I mean if she had feelings towards Kou it would be because of Kou looking like Tanaka sensei (appereance) - the only possible reason.
In my oppinion there are several cases of unfolding story:
1. Either Fu, Touma or Kou realise that this status quo isn't bringing them anywhere and do something about it
2. Touma shows his real face, if he has one and probably/ maybe does something to Fu, Kou saves her which i doubt will happen
3.Something really unexpected happens
As for Fu in this chapter, I don't know if it's me or does she start to feel like ''just let me go already'' and acts in a neutral way towards Touma http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/9399/038.0/compressed/fcm_aoharaido_-_ch038_023.jpg?v=11395009722 she didn't hug him back although he hugged her 2 times in this ch :/
chokomakarony23Mar 17, 2014 11:56 AM
Mar 17, 2014 3:34 PM
Dec 2013
i just want futaba and kou, pleaze
Mar 17, 2014 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
so kou is starting to grow...
futaba seems to really like her boyfriend but i don't like those two together
i hope kou and futaba stop being like this and go back together already

Mar 17, 2014 9:27 PM

Sep 2013
anamisan24 said:
Aerensianic said:
I don't get how people can say the moments between Touma and Futa are "cute" and "the only good thing" about this manga. They are so cringe worthy and awkwardly forced its hard to watch honestly.

I agree with you. I dislike those moments.
The only thing that was good was Kou opening up about his mother.

I agree with both we all know they will eventually break up
kou opening up about his mother was really cute and sad
and kou saying sorry to futaba for calling her a loser was cute too I hope he stops treating her the way he used to and starts to seriously try to get her back

Mar 17, 2014 10:57 PM

Sep 2011
LittleStar said:
Atani said:
Okay, is it just me or am I the only one who thinks that Futaba bought the matching straps for Toma and her just to make him feel at ease and only did it halfheartedly?

Yes! I also think like this..
She is like Shuuko who want cheer up Kou,
because she feels guilty...
Futaba acting like girfriend, because she can't falling in love with Touma,
even when he hugged her, she don't hugged him back,
and her face... She said she is happy, but it doesn't look like that for me.

I agree, I thought the same thing when I saw her get that stuff and call to him and all that - it looked like she was going through the motions and using the appearance but not feeling it, she is being fake and inauthentic to her self. Basically she let herself be pushed into the relationship because she wanted to get over her feelings for Kou but that doesn't mean she loves Touma. She is trying to "make" herself love him and that just doesn't cut it.
Mar 18, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
I expect that, eventually, Futaba or Yuuri will overhear a discussion between Shuuko and Komanito or Komanito and Kou or Shouko and Kou and find out the truth: Kou is still in love with Futaba; Kou never had a relationship beyond friends with Narumi; and her friends knew about it before or immediately after she started dating Touma and said nothing to her. If it is Yuuri, I expect she will go ballistic and tell Futaba everything. If it is Futaba, she will probably try to ignore it and keep trying to not hurt Touma, but will notice, even more than she is already, every time Kou looks at her longingly or does something nice for her or just looks sad, like somebody, oh, I don't know, took away the woman he loves, maybe...

The other option is Touma finds out the truth, gets even more insecure than he already is and tries to either beat up Kou for something that he misunderstands as him making a move on Futaba or will try to rape Futaba and she will either be saved by Kou or get away by herself and break up with him. (The other option is that he does rape her and then the manga goes on for another 30 to 40 chapters while Kou tries to heal those wounds so she can trust a man again...)

I hope it ends fairly soon, though. Otherwise the anime will eight have an inconclusive ending or an anime only ending. I want the anime to cover the entire story, which really can't happen until Futaba and Kou are happily in love together... Of course, it could end like the Bokura ga Ita anime, which had them together, but him moving to Tokyo, with the mainly painful part of the manga yet to come...
Akai_Hunter said:

Touma earned absolutely NOTHING!
1. When his friends said, to paraphrase: "Dude, she just got dumped! Don't you think it is a pretty jack-ass move to make moves on her right away?" His response was, "Yeah, it is the jerk thing to do, but I'm doing it anyway. I don't care how much of an ass I have to be as long as I can get a piece o' that!"

2. When he confessed he told her that he understood that she hadn't thought of him that way and he would give her time to think about it, so she could start thinking about him like that and see how she really feels. Then what does he do? Instead of taking things slow, meeting at school during lunch or committee meetings, etc... he asks her out on a date. Dates are something that you do with somebody you are going out with, not something you do with someone who is a friend that you may want to go out with...

3. Then, when on that date, the two of them saw Kou and Narumi walking "together", though they were really walking about five feet apart, with her avoiding being close enough to him for him to tell her that he can't continue supporting her like he has been. After Futaba sees that and her wounds are freshly opened, she tells him she wants to end their date for the day, because she has been thinking about Kou the entire time and just isn't feeling it for him and doesn't think it is fair to him. What does he do then? Does he say, "OK, we'll try another time, when you've had more time to get over that guy." No, he he tells her that it they cannot end their date right now and then grabs her and hugs her in public, which is an extremely taboo thing to do in Japan, Even if you are dating it is frowned on. He just grabs her and hugs her, knowing that the Kou is right there to see them, of course.

4. Then he comes to invite Futaba to walk home with him. She says she is busy, but Shuuko lies and says she has to talk to Kominito about something. When she agrees to go, Kou grabs her wrist, but only can say that he wants her to wait until he is done with her sowing kit. She thinks it is his normal mixed signals and is meaningless, but Touma knows better. He can tell that Kou is still in love with her. The look on his face says it all. (Shuuko also thinks it is weird.) Despite saying that he was willing to wait for her, knowing that Kou still likes her and his time is running out, he changes his mind and tells her he is "at his limit". He can't wait any longer, he must have an answer now. You saw that he is really dating that other girl, right? You have no hope of ever getting together with the guy you really love, right? I don't care if you don't love me, I'll make you love me!

5. When she started to answer, and she was going to say no, no doubt about it. Her thoughts were all, "he's pushing" and she basically told him that, even though seeing Kou and Narumi together made it "real" to her (even though it wasn't real) she still wasn't ready. When she is just about to tell him she can't date him right now, he interrupts her and says, "So be my girlfriend." She thinks "Did he hear what I just said?" And he pushes on, telling her that it is fine if she likes somebody else and he will make her like him and she should date him now, right? In short, he refuses to take no for an answer, similar to how Narumi delayed Kou, making it so he couldn't, in good conscience, confess to Futaba. If you think Narumi, seeing the writing on the wall and maneuvering Kou into a place where he would see Futaba on a date with Touma was reprehensible, you really should see how similar Touma's aggressive, interrupting, and "won't take no for an answer" way of forcing Futaba to accept his feelings is just as bad!

Anyway, long enough rant. Touma deserves what he gets when he is left behind, and in a sense, he deserves to be dating Futaba right now. In the same way that a master thief who plans a crime in enough detail to avoid getting caught deserves the money he steals!
Mar 18, 2014 6:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This chapter went by pretty slowly but I loved most of it. Starting from the conversation Kou and Kominato had, it was so cute how Kou said that he likes Futaba because she's like a hero to him. Kou's reason is one of a kind, and you can tell that Futaba is more than just a girl that he's interested in and likes, she is someone who saved/saves him. Obviously Kou had screwed up his chances more than enough times, but no matter what the ending is, I just want Kou to be happy. I teared up when he started talking about the sunset and what it meant to him, and then how he said that he wishes to enjoy more of these moments with his friends. He's come a long way since the beginning and everyone is shocked at his sincerity and willingness to share his past with them ;_;

Kikuchi on the otherhand, I'm pretty indifferent towards this guy. The moments he and Futaba share are cute on the surface, but that's all...I don't feel the chemistry between them like I do with Kou and Futaba. Maybe it's just because I don't find him as relatable or easy to connect with as Kou. Or maybe it's like other people said, their relationship feels a little fake, or at least one sided.

Anyways, that last page felt a bit ominous though, I wonder what's up?
tingyMar 18, 2014 6:19 PM
Mar 18, 2014 7:50 PM

Jul 2010
tingy said:

YEAH! I was going to comment on that too. What did Kominito read in that text message? Who sent it? Nasty way to end a chapter! GRRRRR
Mar 18, 2014 11:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
zensunni said:
tingy said:

YEAH! I was going to comment on that too. What did Kominito read in that text message? Who sent it? Nasty way to end a chapter! GRRRRR

I know right? So many questions. And for once the cliffhanger doesn't revolve around Futaba or Kou (I think?), so it makes it even more mysterious as what happened at the end which focused on Kominato.
Mar 19, 2014 8:13 AM

Jul 2010
tingy said:
zensunni said:
tingy said:

I know right? So many questions. And for once the cliffhanger doesn't revolve around Futaba or Kou (I think?), so it makes it even more mysterious as what happened at the end which focused on Kominato.

Totally off the wall guesses:
1. Something bad happened, possibly to Narumi or Kou's father, and Tanaka-sensei contacted Kominato because he knew he would be near Kou and he wants someone to tell him in person, not via text.
2. Something bad happened to Tanaka-sensei, like Shuuko going to his house being discovered and him getting fired, and he contacted Kominato so he could make sure Shuuko doesn't fly off the handle.

Those are the only two that I can think of that fit with the story as we know it. Other than that, there isn't anyone we know about who would be contacting Kominato. The other option, I guess, is that it is a new story arc about Kominato and Shuuko will be the one to help him with his troubles, leading to them finally being together?

Does anybody remember anything about someone getting Kominato's contact info at some point? If there was something like that, it may be a clue as to who sent the message...

I hate monthly mangas!!!! Especially ones that I love!
Mar 19, 2014 8:26 AM

Sep 2008
From sneak peak for next chapter
missjupiter and another blogger translate it as:
"Kou revisit his past. Meanwhile news arrived to Aya Kominato" xD

Just like always nothing special has not revealed... -.-
Mar 19, 2014 6:36 PM

Jan 2013
That chapter made me feel like the chances for her and Kou to be together is even less. x-x Oh well it was a cute chapter.
Mar 20, 2014 4:38 PM

Dec 2012
I don't really know what to feel anymore, honestly. Touma makes me really uncomfortable. He's possessive and an all-around control freak, & he really forced Futaba into their relationship, especially since he knew she was trying to get over Kou, right? It just gives me the jitters.

I have no idea what the mangaka's thinking at this point - I can't tell how she'll turn this around (if she even decides to do that, which I hope she does) & back to Kou/Futaba. I liked how they were, since they seemed like they were opening up & reaching out to each other (you know, one of those relationships where you mature and change thanks to each other? Progressive, I guess you could call it). Futaba and Touma just feel too forced, and I don't like it at all.
Mar 25, 2014 4:45 PM
Mar 2014
I don't think Kou is giving up on her I think he has finally realized what he has to do in order to win her back. Which is to not be mean to her and constantly call her stupid names like they are in middle school. I feel bad for Touma though because in the end she probably won't choose him. I also feel like Futaba is doing for Touma what Kou did for Narumi. She is just being with him to make him happy.
Mar 31, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
LittleStar said:
From sneak peak for next chapter
missjupiter and another blogger translate it as:
"Kou revisit his past. Meanwhile news arrived to Aya Kominato" xD

Just like always nothing special has not revealed... -.-

I saw a suggestion on the Tumbler site that Kou might stay back in Nagasaki to visit his mother's grave or something like that. The sneak peak sounds like it could be about that. What I'm really curious about is the entirely unexplained text that Kominato got at the end of the chapter. Nasty cliff-hanger that!

So, anyway, what happens if Kou decides to stay back and Kominato has something he has to deal with due to the text. Futaba asked Kominato to help Kou if he seemed to be having trouble because of the stuff with his mom. If she realizes that Kou is all alone and dealing with that painful subject, how will she react? Will she be able to let him be alone and sad, or will she follow her heart and go to him?

Of course, it could mean something totally different...

I just hope this charade of a relationship with Touma ends soon!
Apr 1, 2014 3:01 AM

Oct 2013
I finished those 38 chapters too quickly!
I need more, my heart is really broken for Kou I don't like Touma at all, hope kou and Futaba get back together soon >.>
can't wait for the next chapter!
Apr 15, 2014 6:28 AM

Dec 2009
totally worried if Futaba will end up with Touma. I did't hate Touma, though. He's really a nice and a sincere guy. But, Kou is nice, too, but, sometimes, he's really confusing, but, I like him. I really want Futaba to end up with Kou ;__;
Apr 15, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
I'm really disliking how the manga is going. I really liked it in the beginning - I thought Futaba was a really interesting character and the plot was good. But now...

Futaba is getting really tiring. I felt like she gave up on Kou really fast. And come on, why settle for Touma? He's such a dweeb! I really dislike him, he's so creepy! The whole "I'm at my limit so um WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND EVEN THOUGH THIS IS THE FIRST DATE AND I KNOW YOU'RE GETTING OVER THAT DUDE BUT SERIOUSLY I'M AT MY LIMIT SO DEAL WITH IT" and "I want to take advantage of this situation and make a move even though she's heartbroken woops maybe i shouldn't do that cuz that would reveal that I'm a JERK and i don't want her to know that".....annoying.

He's actually not that bad, to be completely honest. I just don't think he and Futaba are a good couple. Yeah, it's sweet, but it's sickly sweet. WHERE DID MY FIERCE FUTABA GO

When she and Kou argued in the beginning chapters, it was so refreshing and adorable! But I feel progressively when things stopped regarding Kou, Futaba's logic started slipping and not making much sense. Getting into a relationship in order to get over someone is never a good idea. Yeah, you might find love, but after liking someone for what, a year and a half (or more if you count middle school), you need to give more thought about who YOU are. How you can continue on this journey without loving them. [And for a 17 year old, a year and a half is a long time, so don't argue with me people on that.]

I liked the beginning chapters a lot more...can we bring those back, please? Futaba is so bland now. Kou has grown, he has learned, he loves you, Futaba, come on.... >.<
Aug 22, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2013
Touma x Futaba makes me wanna hurl.

It's so cliche and forced.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Oct 4, 2014 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
"However you wish for it, time won't stay still. It's falling through the gaps between our fingers."

That was an incredibly beautiful line. BgI feels.
Also, the scene with Kou accepting his mother's death and viewing the sunset was absolutely heartwarming.

Touma and Futaba are cute. Wondering whether Kou will do anything to interfere.
Kou and Futaba have the most chemistry, IMO.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhae »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.