Forum Settings
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2014 1:55 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The start of a new arc. Yato now have a shrine. We have some misteries. For example how did nameless god stay alive for many years?

topic edited
Removed where to find the manga as it is against mal rules.
Suzune-chanMar 11, 2014 6:14 PM
Mar 11, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
Seriously, Nora creeps me out. That stance almost reminds me of the Grudge. It's great to see how far Yato has progressed with his goals though. I better hope Yato doesn't fall to those competitions. He has great friends like Hiyori, Yukine, and others now.

This looks like it could be an interesting arc anyways. Looking forward for more.
Mar 12, 2014 3:39 AM

Dec 2011
This arc! I remember reading the raws for this :3

Feel good chapter~ Save for Nora's creepiness....
Mar 12, 2014 12:23 PM
Mar 2013
I really love the scanlations group! so much chapters in 1 day!!! I love it!

Poor Yato, I read the raws of it and I really feel bad for Yato. Nora you bitch!!! In case anyone is wondering it is implied that Yato keeps living by doing odd jobs but also by doing secret jobs with Nora that most people will remember for quite a while, that's why he's able to live so long.
Mar 12, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2014
axlorg8 said:

Poor Yato, I read the raws of it and I really feel bad for Yato. Nora you bitch!!! In case anyone is wondering it is implied that Yato keeps living by doing odd jobs but also by doing secret jobs with Nora that most people will remember for quite a while, that's why he's able to live so long.
yeah poor yato damn nora being such a horrible brat hurting yato.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Mar 12, 2014 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
axlorg8 said:

That makes so much sense to me, I was actually a bit confused as to why he kept Nora around till now.
Rak is a Badass
Mar 15, 2014 4:36 AM
Dec 2013
so much chpaters :D so happy
Yato is captured or????
this arc is probably gonna be about Yato and his childhood/family mabye??
5/5
cant wait for this arc to fly off!!
Apr 12, 2014 7:31 AM

Aug 2010
Lol at how Yato got officially recognized as a god and how he kept visiting the office Heaven XD until they let him through XD

Kazuma is actually Jelly as hell for Yato kissing Veena lol Dat Knife and face he made when he thought about the kiss XD

Yato saying He'll make Hiyori the happiest person in the world was so kawaiii <3

Wow. So that's how Yato survived all these years. He's like an assassin O_o!
Mercilessly killed the bastard. Nora was creepy as hell there.

And interesting to find out that Yato was Nora's first master since she said he's the one that made her a stray.

Dat cliffhanger. Nice stuff there ^^
Apr 24, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2012
This was really a good chapter! I like where this is going.

I find it odd tho, that Yato gets mad whenever someone wants to throws their life away, but he still assasinates people. Not that he has a choice.. :(
Apr 26, 2014 11:48 AM
Jul 2013
It was funny to watch over such a clumsy yet resilient god as Yato until the very latest chapter... I used to think he was even charming in a way, but now I almost start boiling. For those who are going to read: CAREFUL! My opinion in terms of mysterious relationships between Yato and Hiiro is probably the least popular here. Also, ATTENTION! It's dangerous to respond to me using arguments based on emotions rather than on logics. Ha. Ha. Ha.

So, Yato finally gets a shrine of his own he's been longing for so long and gets overwhelmed about it. In order to make some dirty job right after the celebration (party? cheerful family supper?) he comes to the person who's name he didn't want to hear, ever (this is the first time we actually learn the name he gave to nora - Hiiro. So warm... and kind of matching with Hiori, huh? I wonder if those "Hi" in their names is written with the same kanji). After they're done, Yato says he wants this to be the last time. I'm not confusing anything, am I? So I'd like to take a closer look on those event once more.
He hates (?) Hiiro being nora yet he comes to her. What's the problem of using his new shinki? Yukino's so surprisingly wonderful (as Yato said himself), then why? Because Yukine's innocently sleeping on his futon and all over promising, and innocent, and kawai, and staff? Right, there's Hiiro to take to the dirtiest jobs ever imaginable, a girl who's already got spoiled by those matters, no pity, no mercy for her. She says how glad she is to see him. Says out loud, over and over again. Because Yato prefers to pretend not to notice, prefers to pretend he hates her. And then Yato makes that gloomy face of his. As he himself explain it later, because he doesn't want to betray his new friend. He takes Hiiro to kill a human, yet he only cares how he would look in his new friend's eyes, he doesn't give a damn about Hiiro standing there right in front of him - ah, she's already spoiled, no pity, no mercy for her. But she's glad she's finally with him, even if in hell, she's ready to share every hell with him, even if it's the cruellest hell possible, the hell she created herself. She's still and silent during the task, she knows exactly what to do and skilfully fulfils every Yato's command. I did say skilfully, didn't I?
Now, that they're done, Hiiro says she's happy Yato calls her by her name. Says out loud, over and over again, because Yato yet again prefers to pretend not to notice. And then he says all that staff about a shrine of his and about not willing to betray his... nakama? friends? family? nearest and dearest? He's standing next to Hiiro who just helped him kill a human and says staff like that. He's dragged her to hell yet again but he only cares how he would look in his new friend's eyes. Why taking this job in the first place? Why using those circumstances as a cheap excuse to get rid of Hiiro in such a miserable way? Then he's trying to prattle something about being not her only master. It sounded to me like: y'know, girl, I was sticking to you while I physically needed you, but now I think I've finally grew some b*lls so... y'know, get lost you wh*re, you're not suitable for me anymore, I've got higher ambitions, I've got new better [toys] friends, they're so innocent, and sparkling, and pure, and shining. It was me who dragged you all the way through and it's me who's going to throw you in a litter-bin with all my past I'm displeased with. My new cute friends don't need to know about this part of mine, I want them to accept only the part their tiny stomachs can digest. Sorry, girl, but you are indigestible, I'm not going to overcome all my cruelty and dirt from the past with you, I'm just throwing them with you, go drown in them. [No offence, nothing personal here, just business, right?]

Huh? Wha? Isn't that too shirajirashii? Where's the Yato who appreciates his friends' efforts? Where's the fellow who's touched if someone risks their lives for him? Why getting rid of Hiiro so easily and eagerly? Why showing to Yukine & Co only his best sides while showing to Hiiro only his arse? Of course, Hiiro is mizukusai herself, she's got her moods, she's got her grounds, her will, yet she's ready to put some effort in order to gain something she wants, she doesn't seem to take it for granted. Gosh! She' freaking inconvenient in use, huh. Maybe because she's a living person with her own personality, pleasant or not? Why would such a skilful and wilful person become a nora? Why would she push herself through working with so many partners she couldn't care less about? Perhaps because she felt uncomfortable? got hurt? was betrayed? (And how come she didn't cause Yato to get affected by a curse or something like Yukine did if she's that twisted? Weren't her own disorders supposed to make Yato suffer as well?) Yet Yato doesn't feel sorry for her. He feels guilty, but not sorry. How manly, and noble, and wise of him, what a generous god. Looks like he simply abused her like a tool. Not even like a weapon, but like a meaningless tool with not much respect, taking her for granted. And who's that girl who dears disobey and oppose to a god? (Oh, and who is her father?) Why is she so powerful that Yato - the god - cannot deal with her?
I need some firm, rational reasons that would undoubtedly explain to me Yato's cowardly behaviour towards Hiiro otherwise I would take this as hypocrisy on his side. Until then I'm totally freaked out.
notatallJul 27, 2016 10:11 AM
Nov 6, 2014 6:50 AM

Mar 2014
I love how surprisingly funny Kazuma is. He's usually so composed and serious, so I laughed a lot more at that part with him holding that butcher knife than was probably necessary.
Nov 12, 2014 1:25 PM

Nov 2009
Shit . . . That was all so . . . But who is Yato's dad then? Is it his real dad, or is some weird family situation where some evil god took Yato and Nora in? The situation is kind of creepy.
Nov 18, 2014 9:27 AM

Aug 2013
So is that why Ebisu keeps getting reincarnated ?
I'm dying to know who the hell this father creep is.. lol.
Feb 24, 2015 1:00 PM

Jan 2013
That was sudden, o Yato is an Evil God or did they just said that because.
Aug 22, 2017 9:32 PM
Mar 2015
So wait, Nora is Yato's sister? Or used to be?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 69 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

18 by Kevin_Forero »»
Apr 19, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joel77 - Jan 5

63 by sweetofmilk »»
Apr 7, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Did the ending meet expectations?

Spider-Man94 - Jan 15

14 by gswelcome »»
Mar 13, 1:45 PM

» About Father

robal15 - Jan 25

2 by robal15 »»
Jan 25, 4:19 AM

» Chapter count

Veck8699 - Jan 20

2 by TheColdMayor »»
Jan 21, 1:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.