Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2014 8:14 PM

Apr 2013
This show could really have been something special if it had a director that wasn't fucking awful.
Mar 6, 2014 8:35 PM
Apr 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
Can't believe people are actually buying Koko's break up. As others have said, I simply couldn't see such a(bitterly realistic) outcome happening with how much the "Koko's overwhelming love and loyalty to Banri" dead horse has been beaten. I think she trusts this Tada Banri completely, so when she heard that he'd run away even though she had helped him resolve to tell everyone as a step toward moving forward together with her, she knew that the old Banri was most likely about to take over(memories coming back). So in a sense, yes she was saving herself from getting hurt, but I also think dumping him while he's still her Tada Banri was the key to her bluff. I'm sure she trusted that putting him through that before his memories came back would serve as some sort of trigger to bring his consciousness back in a lame anime way. Kind of in the same way old Ghost Banri wanted to come back for Linda, this Banri would be brought back to the surface because he wants to fight for Koko or whatever.

So maybe the foreshadowing will be fulfilled and his memories will return, knocking completely back to where he was. That would explain him and Koko acting normally to each other, as if they were meeting for the first time. I really actually hope that's not the case though, as what respect I have left for the writing will have been lost if it is.
so your saying its ok that koko break up with him out from noware and making strange excuses huh?
and lebel that you said she dump him in order not to get hurt well that doesn't sound right thats too immature that why youll never find love if your a coward that run away from getting hurt and compare to banri running away its totaly unforgivable to just breakup out from nowhere compare to banri while koko is still heads over heel in love with yana instead of running awayof getting hurt he face it head on just to support kaga, koko like what you said is it really ok koko just sunddenly bluf about that one

in a relationship your not the only one getting hurt you know. and worst of all breaking up and making tremendous lie in your face now thats just cruel
for me i really dont want koko x banri back together even she do it out of love that is just too unacceptable
NekevsMar 6, 2014 8:40 PM
Mar 6, 2014 8:43 PM
Apr 2012
i would like a new female charater there just for preparation for season 2 and now this time
i would like to see koko begging for forgiveness and and chasing the M.C
she deserve it. and if not i hope they get back and banri dump koko out from nowhere and let her think how hurtfull that was.
Mar 6, 2014 8:53 PM

Sep 2013
Is it just me or Koko looked 20+ years old in that last scene...meh, that last was just probably Banri's imagination.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 6, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2012
Dat moment when Chinami took the bag of leaves and was like "fuck yo leaves"
best moment ever
GIF is needed
someone
please
time stamp for those feeling nice 7:57
Mar 6, 2014 9:01 PM

Aug 2012
Nekevs said:
so your saying its ok that koko break up with him out from noware and making strange excuses huh?
and lebel that you said she dump him in order not to get hurt well that doesn't sound right thats too immature that why youll never find love if your a coward that run away from getting hurt and compare to banri running away its totaly unforgivable to just breakup out from nowhere compare to banri while koko is still heads over heel in love with yana instead of running awayof getting hurt he face it head on just to support kaga, koko like what you said is it really ok koko just sunddenly bluf about that one

in a relationship your not the only one getting hurt you know. and worst of all breaking up and making tremendous lie in your face now thats just cruel
for me i really dont want koko x banri back together even she do it out of love that is just too unacceptable
I don't think you...no nevermind, not worth it.

That's really too bad that I'll never find love though lol
Mar 6, 2014 9:10 PM

Dec 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Nekevs said:

lol he's so upset that he's making lil sense..well the ending was sort of like that..
Mar 6, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2012
The end is either a test to see if Banri really cares for Koko, and if he goes after her and doesn't just run away they will both realize their bond is strong (stronger than Banri may think) or a delusion (would be a lame way of doing a cliffhanger after a relatively boring episode).

Oka's "confession" of sorts was somewhat predictable, I don't like her reasons for lashing out at Banri and her characters gone down in appeal a little in my books because of it. I want to see her and Yana's situation sorted out before the show ends, don't leave it inconclusive!

And Banri... getting real tired of this internal monologue shit that keeps being repeated over and over. We get it, you forget who you are sometimes and feel out of place because of your accident. Pls stop with this poor drama.
Mar 6, 2014 9:12 PM

Mar 2012
Wongseifu said:
fezzy_2004 said:
what the heck is going on she was just so sweet to him the previous night then that ????? like WTF is going on????

that cant be real .....no its not like he can just be like ..."oh well guess ill go back to linda" right ???

I thnik she saw the video tape of him essentially calling out for linda. Remember it was still running when he had his little mental breakdown. That was kinda hard to see even If I am for Linda and Banri. But yeah that could be an explanation

I agree with you. That sounds like the most legitimate thing...and what exactly did he mean that no matter what path he would take he would come back around to her....so she should just wait around while he goes off and figures everything out?? I mean she has been there for him through a lot of this stuff..... I'm interested to see where the next eps. goes
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Mar 6, 2014 9:20 PM

May 2013
What the hell is going on!?!?!?!?!?
Actually... now that I think about it. I think that Koko feels that Banri's memories will return and overtake him due to his repeated attempts to run away instead of confronting it. Because she thinks this way, she is creating distance between her and Banri so that Banri can be happy with Linda, and not have to suffer with the thought of Koko when his memories come back. Obviously this would be stupid of her, but she has repeatedly shown to us that she is indeed stupid (although also very reliable and likable).
Who knows. This, Nagi no Asukara, and Kill la Kill have some intense ass finales approaching.
Mar 6, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2012
kawaii-despair said:
I'm pretty sure that last scene was a dream,if you take a look at the next preview too.
This shows is ruined too much because of this inner Banri battle thing. Only 3 episodes left for everything.. But come on,everyone knows this will be a happy end for sure.

The "Inner Banri battle thing" is what makes the series "Golden Time" and sets it apart bro o.o there has to be conflict in a story....
Mar 6, 2014 9:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
WTF, someone slap Kouko. So she just used Banri and disposed of him when she lost interest in him because she only to college for Mitsuo. Well I always had that thought that maybe Kouko didn't really take the relationship serious and only loved Mitsuo. I have mixed feelings towards her now. Next episode she looks like all normal, and this episode she smirks and coldly says "Boy I ain't taking that. I came to college to get my baby Daddy Mitsuo so we are done boy."

Mar 6, 2014 9:35 PM

Aug 2012
Marzan said:
ExOsc2 said:
I could see it not being a dream sequence, but Koko dealing with how Banri "ran away" from himself (and in Koko's mind) from her again.

That's how I interpreted it too. She must feel like he doesn't trust her.

Banri needs some serious medical help. I really don't think his friends actions are doing anything one way or another for his mental stability. And I love Nana to bits, but dat Slap was totally uncalled for for a person having a legitimate breakdown; it's not just some tantrum.

At this point, I'm pretty sure he needs Jesus... just saying...
Mar 6, 2014 9:40 PM
Jan 2013
Wow. Well. This episode was definitely a big "WTF?"
I don't get what Banri keeps saying about disappearing. How's he gonna disappear if his old memories come back? It's not like they'll replace the current ones.
Mar 6, 2014 9:50 PM
Apr 2012
android02 said:
Koko just saved herself from being hurt.

Poor Banri.

yeah just like the charater that the author portrait about her(immature).
Mar 6, 2014 9:51 PM

May 2013
SweetKotomi said:
WTF, someone slap Kouko. So she just used Banri and disposed of him when she lost interest in him because she only to college for Mitsuo. Well I always had that thought that maybe Kouko didn't really take the relationship serious and only loved Mitsuo. I have mixed feelings towards her now. Next episode she looks like all normal, and this episode she smirks and coldly says "Boy I ain't taking that. I came to college to get my baby Daddy Mitsuo so we are done boy."

If you really think that it is straight up how she said it is then you are a little naive man. The writer has shown throughout this show that he never leaves stuff as they are and there's always a "catch" with everything. Plus, it would be waaay too aggressive to do something like that, it would basically be a giant troll by the writer (which would result in a huge drop in profit for the show). Also when you look at Koko's character, there's no way she could pull something like that off because: a) she's not very smart. b) she was way to clingy and one dimensional at first to even consider such a plan, let alone spend so much time with Banri with Mitsuo nowhere near them. c) if she really didn't care about Banri, she would've left to be a fake girlfriend with someone else much sooner upon realizing all the crazy drama Banri brings with him.

ricchan15 said:
Wow. Well. This episode was definitely a big "WTF?"
I don't get what Banri keeps saying about disappearing. How's he gonna disappear if his old memories come back? It's not like they'll replace the current ones.

I've gotten out of this show that the two sets of memories can't coexist. It's like they are two different people with one body. Whenever he remembers his past, he completely forgets his current situation. And when he snaps back into it, he doesn't remember his memories, just the fact that he lost control and his memories are in fact returning.
Mar 6, 2014 9:51 PM
Jan 2014
ExOsc2 said:
I could see it not being a dream sequence, but Koko dealing with how Banri "ran away" from himself (and in Koko's mind) from her again.

It's my understanding that this is where the source material is currently at. Does anybody know when they are releasing the final volume, and if the anime will be following that or will we have an anime-only ending?

The 8th volume comes out 10th if march, which I'm guessing will be the last volume considering how the 7th ended i think 8th will bring everything together and hopefully finish it considering that's what happened with tadora

I don't wont to spoil what happens at the end of the 7th volume which hopefully will happen next episode
But Bari better pull his shit together
Mar 6, 2014 9:53 PM
Apr 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
Nekevs said:

sorry i wanst telling its you i meen for teens now a days sorry for the misunderstanding
really sorry
Mar 6, 2014 9:59 PM

Oct 2013
PACING mr.director,PACING! Ever heard of that word? Golden Time should win an award for one of the worst paced animes of 2013-2014.

Damn me,why didn't I bail out on this show during the two week winter break? Way too far to do that now as I'm still somewhat interested to see how this will all play out. This isn't a bad romance story but it's just executed so poorly that it's incredibly hard to appreciate.
Mar 6, 2014 10:00 PM

Jun 2012
As painful as it will be for the current banri it is time he gave his body back to the real banri.
Mar 6, 2014 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
i can only see banri getting into another fatal accident
Mar 6, 2014 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
I hated Koko until I saw the preview. Obviously, the breakup wasn't serious. I really see this show ending in a cliffhanger.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Mar 6, 2014 10:13 PM
Jul 2012
this anime is getting gradually worse, it was pretty fun during the first 7 episodes or so, but then it began to be so slow paced and unnecessary drama that it is turning out less than i expected, it's not even pleasant to watch this show animore, i'm just watching it for the ending, kaga koko is so annoying that i wish the old banri would return and stay with linda.
This series need an urgent plot twist and i hope banri can either stay with linda in the end or restart his life once again with every memory he has in a fusion of his old self plus his new self and maybe find a new love, but it is not gonna happen kaga koko, we know since ep 1 that banri will end with koko....
KarffebonMar 6, 2014 10:19 PM
Mar 6, 2014 10:22 PM

May 2013
Am I the only one who actually wants Banri and Koko together and just a normal happy ending? It seems like everyone here either wants the old Banri to come back, the new Banri to end up with Linda, or for Koko to just die in a hole lol.

I've actually loved the development Koko has gone through and really like her character because of her growth. Linda on the other hand hasn't changed much. And as far as Banri goes, I'd much rather have the current Banri stay than the pussy ass bitch of the old Banri coming back. I'd love if he could get his memories back, while still retaining his soul and not being taken over by his old self.
Mar 6, 2014 10:23 PM

May 2011
This show feels like it developed itself to a certain point and now the Author doesn't know what to do. So he's just throwing things out there and hoping it works.
Mar 6, 2014 10:35 PM

Aug 2012
wumbmasta said:
Am I the only one who actually wants Banri and Koko together and just a normal happy ending? It seems like everyone here either wants the old Banri to come back, the new Banri to end up with Linda, or for Koko to just die in a hole lol.

I just want Oka and 2-D-kun to get together, I think that's fair enough.

But really I just want an ending that will truly resolve Banri's psychological conflict: i.e. coming to terms with his memories and feelings for Linda, but still recognizing Koko as his reality and actually wanting it that way, with no possibility of another memory/ego transformation. The last thing I want is "My love for Koko brought me back to reality this time, and even though I might disappear again someday, I know she'll find me." That shit would be fucking annoying.
Mar 6, 2014 10:42 PM

Feb 2014
Karffebon said:
this anime is getting gradually worse, it was pretty fun during the first 7 episodes or so, but then it began to be so slow paced and unnecessary drama that it is turning out less than i expected, it's not even pleasant to watch this show animore, i'm just watching it for the ending, kaga koko is so annoying that i wish the old banri would return and stay with linda.

Same but I don't ship any pairing. For me there are no OTP even though Kouko is MC. Episode 13 & 14 almost had me dropped. What I noticed for 20+ weeks from watching this series is the director/writer tends to make their characters change their personality 180 degree so easily; as well as to use side characters only when you need them like Nana. Also jokes are not executed that well.

As for this episode, it's drama all they way. The "memory lost/return" event feels like it's not being executed well. If they wanna create drama, make it an all out drama. It feels cheap if they use it again & again.
Counteraction rising
Yeah we are ready for the punch line
There's no use with all your gimmick
So check this out!
Mar 6, 2014 10:45 PM

Dec 2013
This is classic Rom/Com story progression. Guy meets girl, guy gets girl, guy loses girl for any number of reasons, guy strengthens his resolve and love, guy and girl reunite and happy end. Koko dumped Banri with three episodes left for a reason. Now that the big dramatic moment (Koko dumping Banri) has passed the show can dedicate its remaining screen time to cliche, yet super SQUEE and feels ending.

Im not trying to say that cliche is bad. Cliche is cliche because its worked many times. I love Golden Time and Banri x Koko because the show takes these cliches and does them well and makes them compelling i.e. Banri's amnesia, love triangle, Koko's personality (which i love).

I am ready to enjoy a satisfying conclusion to a great rom/com. Caint wait!
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 6, 2014 10:46 PM
Jan 2014
ChronousNemesis said:
Karffebon said:

Same but I don't ship any pairing. For me there are no OTP even though Kouko is MC. Episode 13 & 14 almost had me dropped. What I noticed for 20+ weeks from watching this series is the director/writer tends to make their characters change their personality 180 degree so easily; as well as to use side characters only when you need them like Nana. Also jokes are not executed that well.

As for this episode, it's drama all they way. The "memory lost/return" event feels like it's not being executed well. If they wanna create drama, make it an all out drama. It feels cheap if they use it again & again.

You pretty much summed out what I wanted to say.

I just hope for a sad ending.
Mar 6, 2014 10:46 PM
Nov 2013
GET READY, this is the begining of the last novel ( num 7 ), i just love it i want to marry the fucking story
Mar 6, 2014 10:47 PM

Apr 2013
ghost banri is so annoying.
Mar 6, 2014 10:49 PM
Nov 2013
copperwolf said:
This is classic Rom/Com story progression. Guy meets girl, guy gets girl, guy loses girl for any number of reasons, guy strengthens his resolve and love, guy and girl reunite and happy end. Koko dumped Banri with three episodes left for a reason. Now that the big dramatic moment (Koko dumping Banri) has passed the show can dedicate its remaining screen time to cliche, yet super SQUEE and feels ending.

Im not trying to say that cliche is bad. Cliche is cliche because its worked many times. I love Golden Time and Banri x Koko because the show takes these cliches and does them well and makes them compelling i.e. Banri's amnesia, love triangle, Koko's personality (which i love).

I am ready to enjoy a satisfying conclusion to a great rom/com. Caint wait!

its true however thats the point of watching almost every romcom ^.^
Mar 6, 2014 11:11 PM
Mar 2014
Iolo said:
If that wasn't a dream about Koko, then she has turned into a real bitch.

I feel bad for Banri.

agreed i think there is some reason for this the like the cam well i hope i never see koko again
by the way i thougth this was harem lol
maybe for 2d kun its a harem
Mar 6, 2014 11:15 PM

Dec 2010
I don't trust the ending for a second. At least right before that everyone was happy again! They will be again soon. At least I hope so!
Mar 6, 2014 11:15 PM
Mar 2014
Madara31 said:
I hope in the next episode there's an explanation for WTF Koko just did, but once again, the preview makes it seem as though everything is jolly. Surely after an entire season of promoting Banri and Koko's relationship, they wouldn't just break it off like that, it'd be even worse if he ends with Linda, after all the insecurities Koko went through because of her.

Oh well, hopefully Chinami confesses to Mitsuo in the last three episodes, cuz I still don't really like the idea of Mitsuo and Linda.

ciname was little to late. and like your idea about linda x banri
probably this is part of the author trolling
Mar 6, 2014 11:40 PM
Feb 2010
If that wasn't a dream it may be a little harsh but the wheels are turning in Koko's head.
Mar 7, 2014 12:00 AM

Aug 2008
I think Koko saw the recording of the mental breakdown and feel Banri don't trust her.

Banri is quite pathetic in my opinion.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 7, 2014 12:15 AM

Jul 2012
Down with Banri x Koko!
Mar 7, 2014 12:22 AM

Dec 2012
Last scene: "Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"
lolololol troll show of the season if is it isn't a dream.
Mar 7, 2014 12:29 AM
Jan 2011
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!KOKO, HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO BANRI!!!!!!!!!?????????
Mar 7, 2014 12:51 AM

Apr 2013
makine said:
http://i.imgur.com/FnMXEcE.jpg

I appreciate this ever so much.

I found myself rather bored/annoyed with the majority of the episode, but THAT ending. I've no qualms with that. As fond as I am of Linda X Banri, you'd think I'd feel like it would give me the perfect chance to drag Koko under the bus but I've actually grown quite fond of her so I'm not angry with her. Why'd she do what she did? Who knows? Maybe she thought it best for Banri? Maybe she's afraid of getting hurt. Maybe she's plotting something. Only time will tell. Under no circumstance do I think she deserves to be called a bitch for what she's done, though.

Either way, can't wait to see the show wrap up. (By some unicorn devouring a rainbow and birthing a crossroad demon for someone to sell their soul to in order to make it happen). Linda x Banri. AWESOME. Koko x Banri. Very OK with that. Banri x No One. Still acceptable if done well.
Mar 7, 2014 1:01 AM
Dec 2013
Iolo said:
If that wasn't a dream about Koko, then she has turned into a real bitch.

I feel bad for Banri.
me too
Mar 7, 2014 1:20 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, this rollercoaster is never ending!

It looks like maybe Koko saw the tape, which had him calling for Linda, then had him saying he didn't want Koko to know his memories came back because he wanted be with her. Then in response, Koko broke it off to keep both of them from being hurt.

I have a terrible feeling that this I going to end with like them together, but then all of a sudden one day he totally forgets himself and all his college memories and Koko ends up being by him as a friend of something sad. Like some old person with Alzheimers. Though this is the same writer as Toradora so I hope a nice cute happy ending gets pulled out of somewhere!

Also am I the only one who thinks Banri should stop being a pussy and just tell everyone about his memory loss already? Like seriously, they're his good friends who support all of his crazy ass breakdowns, and it is absolutely no help if all he says is "I feel like I'll disappear and no one will notice". Literally all he would need to do is say, "hey, I lost my memories after HS graduation, and started my life over as a new Banri because my whole self vanished. Now lately I can feel the memories coming back and I'm scared I'll lose all my current memories". Boom. Everything is now so much smoother.
Mar 7, 2014 1:38 AM

Oct 2013
I was not satisfied with this episode I must see the next one.
Mar 7, 2014 2:23 AM

Feb 2013
What....the.....fuck?????????

What the actual fuck??????

I.....I.......I don't.........what the fuck????

HOLY SHIT!!! AND THIS IS THE LAST EPISODE THAT AIRED???????

FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!

My life is now in shambles......
unmemorableheroMar 7, 2014 2:33 AM
Mar 7, 2014 2:36 AM
Dec 2013
So let's see... Banri loses his old self that was with Linda, now he might lose his current self that is with Koko, so I'm going to predict he has another reset and gets with... Nana! Dat slap!
Mar 7, 2014 2:48 AM

Mar 2013
Well that "cliffhanger" was just stupid, ruined the conception of the whole episode. And it's totally not true, just an another trolling with Banri. Poor kid...
Mar 7, 2014 2:57 AM

Jul 2011
Damn, nice episode and great ending! I like this show!
Mar 7, 2014 2:57 AM
Dec 2013
With Banri's panic attacks, I don't think it would come as a surprise to anyone if he gets in another accident and we get... Banri #3! But would we have 2 Ghost Banris then? Fascinating!
Mar 7, 2014 4:10 AM

Apr 2013
Sennengoroshi said:
I really don't like where this anime is going...
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.