Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 6, 2014 3:30 AM

Mar 2012
If we're looking at the cover on anime page then at least we will get up to 5 volume adapted.

But I think that will only work if it at least become a two cour show. Even then it still abruptly end in the middle of Blade Dance arc since Blade Dance arc is ended at the start of volume 8. I think maybe the best solution that this is only a one cour show and end this at volume 3 then maybe we will get a teaser with other team like Team Inferno or Team Knights of the Dragon Emperors at the end of the season.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 14, 2014 7:47 AM

Oct 2013
As much as I'd like to see a two cour show, I agree that it might not end well. If the pacing goes slow, I think they might even end it at the 2nd volume which of course would suck.
Mar 14, 2014 5:03 PM

Mar 2012
I think it is logical to assume that it will end in the 3rd volume after all that's the end of the team gathering.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 23, 2014 7:50 AM

Mar 2012
The cast have been announced now we just need to know how many cour this will get.
Mar 24, 2014 7:57 AM
Jun 2010
I would think that the anime would follow the manga in terms of how it would bring the story to the viewers. Content wise, I think it would be nice to end it at volume 3 since that's the end of the first arc and build up hype for a possible 2 cour second season with cameos of other teams.
Mar 24, 2014 8:02 AM

Dec 2011
Kireas said:
I would think that the anime would follow the manga in terms of how it would bring the story to the viewers.

*points to signature*
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 24, 2014 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah three volume is the best case scenario.
Mar 25, 2014 8:10 AM
Jun 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
Kireas said:
I would think that the anime would follow the manga in terms of how it would bring the story to the viewers.

*points to signature*

Eh I worded that poorly I guess. Just to clarify some things. Yes, I do know that light novel and manga are different things. Yes, I do know that the original material is the light novel, heck, I bought and read all of them up to the latest volume and am waiting for 13 might I add. Yes, I was indeed referring to the manga adaptation of the novel.

What I meant to say was, the things that will be covered in the anime would probably be the same as what the manga covered, basically, the anime would be closer to the manga in terms of portraying key events that happen.
If you don't mind a bit of spoiler, unless of course, you have already read it before.

Anyway, back to topic:
While I do agree that having it end at volume 3 would be perfect in terms of pace, it will mean that one volume has to be spread across 4 episodes each, give and take 1 episode per volume. Of course, they can also cram everything in one episode and cover everything up to the end of the blade dance but that would be really rushed. Seems that the only way to end it on a decent note is if it goes for 2 cour instead of 1.
KireasMar 25, 2014 8:31 AM
Mar 25, 2014 3:48 PM

Mar 2012
If this have two cour then I think 5 volume will be good.
Mar 25, 2014 3:54 PM

Oct 2013
Kireas said:
heck, I bought and read all of them up to the latest volume and am waiting for 13 might I add.
You shouldn't be bragging without showing it.
Mar 26, 2014 5:02 AM

Mar 2012
R4vel said:
Kireas said:
heck, I bought and read all of them up to the latest volume and am waiting for 13 might I add.
You shouldn't be bragging without showing it.
Always envy someone who can read Japanese.
Mar 30, 2014 8:32 AM

Dec 2011
Kireas said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Kireas said:

*points to signature*

Eh I worded that poorly I guess. Just to clarify some things. Yes, I do know that light novel and manga are different things. Yes, I do know that the original material is the light novel, heck, I bought and read all of them up to the latest volume and am waiting for 13 might I add. Yes, I was indeed referring to the manga adaptation of the novel.

What I meant to say was, the things that will be covered in the anime would probably be the same as what the manga covered, basically, the anime would be closer to the manga in terms of portraying key events that happen.
If you don't mind a bit of spoiler, unless of course, you have already read it before.

So basically you were asking whether it would follow the novel more or the manga more...

Are there any cases of an anime adaptation following a manga adaptation of a light novel over the original light novel series itself?
That's a genuine question, by the way - the only series which I have both of (due mainly to timing, which meant that it fell under both the end of the period of 'oo look there's a manga adaptation in English' and the start of the period of 'let's buy the light novels to give myself incentive to learn Japanese') is haganai, so I wouldn't know if there were.
Obviously, there are plenty of cases of anime not following the novel, but I tend to assume them to be anime original.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 3, 2014 8:35 PM
Jun 2010
Actually, there are. Off the top of my head, High School DxD for one and Nakaimo, Mahou Sensou as well though I haven't read the novel for the latter two but have read the manga for them and the anime was pretty close if not the same as the manga.

Another one I would throw out there would be Date a Live. The first few episodes followed pretty closely to the manga that was released prior to the anime, however the manga stopped at the first volume due to the author being hospitalised so it may not be the best example to use.

Generally the manga adaptation of novels tend to be summaries, if you will, of the novel, mainly focusing on what is considered to be the 'main events' of the series(page limit per chapter and whatnot). So animating a summarised reference that gives you some idea on what to go on vs. something from scratch in which you do not know what should and should not be covered. The answer would be obvious.
Apr 13, 2014 11:44 AM

Nov 2008
a 2 cour would be better for the pacing but they will kost likely do a 1 cour...
if it's a 1 cour it will either be rushed or slow paced. Guess we just have to wait and see...
May 7, 2014 5:54 PM

Mar 2012
http://twitter.com/futababc_anime/status/462406828190486528

Some poster is up but there are no Velsaria Eva?
May 12, 2014 9:09 PM
May 2014
I know it's too much to cover in just one season, sad i won't get to see restia animated or the blade dance :(
~ Black lightning come forth...«Vorpal Blast»!
May 12, 2014 9:42 PM

Mar 2012
Calamityy said:
I know it's too much to cover in just one season, sad i won't get to see restia animated or the blade dance :(
Restia appear in vol 1&2.
May 18, 2014 3:40 AM

Aug 2009
Not really looking forward to the adaptation of this. I have a strong feeling that the anime is not only going to be a train wreck, but considering this will be a harem, their focus is going to be on fan-service(as in milk it for what its worth).

As for topic; I have a feeling this will be a 1 cour show. Animating 2 volumes into 2 cours is a bit of a stretch and if they do animate a 2 cour series it would mean it would lapse in to the start of the blade dance arc. Only way i can see volume 1 & 2 animated into 2 cours is if they add fillers
May 18, 2014 3:43 AM

Mar 2012
TensaiShonen said:
Not really looking forward to the adaptation of this. I have a strong feeling that the anime is not only going to be a train wreck, but considering this will be a harem, their focus is going to be on fan-service(as in milk it for what its worth).

As for topic; I have a feeling this will be a 1 cour show. Animating 2 volumes into 2 cours is a bit of a stretch and if they do animate a 2 cour series it would mean it would lapse in to the start of the blade dance arc. Only way i can see volume 1 & 2 animated into 2 cours is if they add fillers
Two cour for 2 volume is too much you know? At best this will be one cour for two volume just like what they did to DxD. And if this get second season with the same format then we will get cliffhanger ending.
Jun 12, 2014 3:39 AM

Mar 2012
http://bladedance.tv/staff.html

We only have character until volume 2 here. Also Restia will be voiced by Yoko Hikasa.
Jun 12, 2014 7:54 AM
Jun 2013
At first, I thought it would cover only volumes 1 & 2 since DxD (animated by TNK, also the ones that will be animating Seirei Tsukai). But I think it's safe to assume that it would at least cover up to volume 3 since the first arc covers up to volume 3. Also after watching the 1st PV i think the lines said by the respective are as follows:

I'll be your contracted spirit. - Kazehaya Kamito (Volume 1: Page 183)
Turn into cinders, you pervert! - Claire Rouge (Volume 1: Page 10)
Hey you! Do you want to become my servant? - Rinslet Laurenfrost (Volume 1: Page 72)
I-it's my first time joining hands with a man! - Ellis Fahrengart (Volume 3: Page 139)
Do you dislike an immodest princess? - Fianna Ray Ordesia (Volume 2: Page 79)
Actually demanding me to show my bare feet... Kamito is such a pervert. - Terminus Est (Volume 1: Page 154)
I am Kamito's sword. I'll do as you desire. - Terminus Est (Volume 1: Page 179)

Since Ellis' line is in volume 3, i think it will at least cover up to volume 3. Although I hope for a 2-cour anime since 12 episodes will leave a bad after taste. :)
Jun 12, 2014 7:59 AM

Mar 2012
Mathfreak said:
At first, I thought it would cover only volumes 1 & 2 since DxD (animated by TNK, also the ones that will be animating Seirei Tsukai). But I think it's safe to assume that it would at least cover up to volume 3 since the first arc covers up to volume 3. Also after watching the 1st PV i think the lines said by the respective are as follows:

I'll be your contracted spirit. - Kazehaya Kamito (Volume 1: Page 183)
Turn into cinders, you pervert! - Claire Rouge (Volume 1: Page 10)
Hey you! Do you want to become my servant? - Rinslet Laurenfrost (Volume 1: Page 72)
I-it's my first time joining hands with a man! - Ellis Fahrengart (Volume 3: Page 139)
Do you dislike an immodest princess? - Fianna Ray Ordesia (Volume 2: Page 79)
Actually demanding me to show my bare feet... Kamito is such a pervert. - Terminus Est (Volume 1: Page 154)
I am Kamito's sword. I'll do as you desire. - Terminus Est (Volume 1: Page 179)

Since Ellis' line is in volume 3, i think it will at least cover up to volume 3. Although I hope for a 2-cour anime since 12 episodes will leave a bad after taste. :)
If it cover up to volume 3 then Velsaria Eva should have been added to the cast. Though it is possible for it to be announced later.
Jun 17, 2014 4:37 AM

Mar 2012
At this point this will only cover 2 volume since the cast that get announced only till Jio. Hope that this will be two cour series so that the first arc will be complete get adaptation.
Jun 27, 2014 2:57 AM

Mar 2013
Hm, it might follow the trend of DxD, ending it at volume 2 and maybe 6 - 12 months later season 2 starts.
Aug 30, 2014 12:20 AM

May 2012
Bump

So it's only going to animate two volumes?
Aug 30, 2014 12:23 AM

Mar 2012
SuperImpact said:
Bump

So it's only going to animate two volumes?
No. Episode 8 will cover the end of volume 2.
Aug 30, 2014 2:59 AM

May 2012
Yo any chance we'll see Leonora?
Aug 30, 2014 4:18 AM

Mar 2012
SuperImpact said:
Yo any chance we'll see Leonora?
Maybe teaser at the last episode along with another Blade Dance participant like Milla, Shao Fu and Muir.
Aug 30, 2014 4:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well it'll end at v3 finale, but there's always future teaser options so why not
Aug 30, 2014 9:21 PM

May 2012
Nice, this show better get many seasons like HS DxD.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2014

169 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 23, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

90 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 23, 2023 8:20 PM

Poll: » Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2014

67 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 23, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2014

74 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 23, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2014

75 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 23, 2023 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.