Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2009 7:06 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, seeing what Kojima did early on, it seems good things are happening for Kanon^^ It would be great to see Kojima going back to her. Also, the scene between Kanon and Oshima is funny especially with Oshima's expression :)
ShanaFlameAug 13, 2009 7:10 AM
Aug 13, 2009 5:52 PM

Apr 2009
YEah this was cute. I really liked the opening.
Aug 13, 2009 7:02 PM

Nov 2008
So the sea people are clam spawn? (ugh - what a slimy thought <g>)

My first thought during the opening flashback was - what if those were a pod of hungry orcas instead of balleen whales? <L>

There was a lot more boob fanservice this episode - I was wondering if Marin's top would pull off in the goo. (ah too bad, no such luck)

Speaking of tops, why does the guy sea person wear a man-bra and man-skirt?

Hmmm - will Kanon's ex hit on Marin next episode? (Is this going to be a harem anime after all? <LOL>)
Aug 19, 2009 4:54 PM

Dec 2006
Urin has a serious sister complex.

I'm wondering where are the rest of the sea people and is there a town for them ?

Aug 19, 2009 8:35 PM
Oct 2007
Technically, Marin and Urin are not sisters ... as explained in this episode, so whatever "complex" they might have for one another, it's not a sister complex. =)

My favorite part in this episode was the confrontation between Kanon and Ooshima. That was so LOL material, especially Ooshima's "HUUUUUUUHHHH?"

Kojima looks worthy-to-drool-over in the preview. I sure hope Kanon gets back with him.
Aug 19, 2009 11:53 PM

Feb 2008
oshima's expression was priceless. i think she will be the next one to be turned evil. it looks like everything is reversed.

on another note, how is it you can cry underwater and still see tears?
Aug 20, 2009 3:07 AM

Jun 2008
This episode was very cute,
and yet Marin's still a bitch.

marble's Toki no Hana is a great song, I'm still waiting for Toumei na Inori's single to come out, but at least I won't have to wait for the OST to get this insert since it was one of violet's c/w.
Aug 20, 2009 4:10 AM

Dec 2008
Very nice episode. The Oshima scene was just great.
Aug 20, 2009 5:54 AM

May 2009
I think Marin has become too possessive over Urin. While it's true that she helped Urin in a lot of cases, it's quite obvious to see that Marin sees herself as Urin's one and only savior, while it's becoming painfully clear that she alone cannot save her. That is her biggest flaw and is the reason why she lost her powers. I think Kanon will only grow stronger ow that she knows the truth behind her relationship with Kojima.

Ten to one that Urin will be completely overtaken by Sedna by the time Marin gets her powers back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2009 6:53 AM

Dec 2008
the song before the opening song was very nice
te beginning was also very cute

it was interesting to get to know how the waterpeople were born .

priceless expression
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2009 7:38 AM

Dec 2006
Annisa said:
Technically, Marin and Urin are not sisters ... as explained in this episode, so whatever "complex" they might have for one another, it's not a sister complex. =)

It is also explained that they have the same Sea Maiden™ blood.

Also this:

Aug 20, 2009 2:15 PM

Apr 2009
Urinnnnnnnnn. :(
Kanon and Kojima.. im confused. Did he break up with her or does she just think he did?
I love Sam! <3333 I want him to bring me some sea grapes. :(
Aug 21, 2009 4:15 AM

Aug 2009
This series is great. Cute and easy going. Among many scenes.
I found the intro to Urin's birth and Marin's greeting CUTE!

I also liked, among the many expressions, Oshima's during this episode (made LOL) but the crying at the end of both girls made feel a little like Aoi Hana that just aired recently.

Aug 21, 2009 4:34 AM

Apr 2009
Placing money on Urin being midboss next episode or the one after.
Aug 21, 2009 6:41 AM

Jan 2009
Hmm.. I wonder what I was gonna say... I had some really great idea just a minute ago.....
Oh well, just something general then I suppose.. Show's moving at a tolerable pace, not too fast, not too slow, and pretty much 'enough' character developement.. (Well it's not like there even Can be too much of that, huh? Not that I know of anyway)
And also, Marin&Urin are the only ones with oval eyes? 0.0 (<-- yep something like that)
Oh except for the turtle, he's a pretty cool guy xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 21, 2009 5:54 PM

Feb 2009
Young Urin and Marin are... too moe! NNNNNGGGHHHH!
Aug 28, 2009 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
Oshima's expressions are SO great <3
Sep 1, 2009 12:39 AM

Mar 2009
omg the beggining song made me cryy !!
but does anyone know the song name or who it's by?
and i luv Oshima's expressions lmfao
Sep 10, 2009 2:54 PM

Jun 2009
bangbangbandits said:
does anyone know the song name or who it's by?

The song is Toki no Hana by Marble. It's on Umi Monogatari OP single. ^^

It was great episode, Oshima's expressions were priceless XD
Sep 26, 2009 5:59 AM

May 2008
I always knew Kojima was a nice guy, LOL it was funny when Marin said her own name at 10:00mins haha

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 14, 2010 4:54 PM

Sep 2008
I'm guessing also that Urin will turn into the "mid-boss"... But I don't think she'll go after Marin. Actually, if I think about it, she'll probably try to make Kanon feel the same pain she did (supposedly having her most important person to her taken away), riiight? Just a guess though.

Favourite scene was DEFINITELY the one with Ooshima and Kanon. :D That was awesome. And Ooshima has fantastic expressions.
Nov 16, 2010 2:10 AM

Mar 2010
im only watching this for kojima and kanon really..
Mar 2, 2011 11:12 AM

Jan 2008
Urin and Marin seem to have been wearing the exact same clothes from the start and have just grown into (out of?) it...
Just look at their pants =p
SaorinMar 2, 2011 11:29 AM

Mar 10, 2011 11:03 AM

Oct 2009
Kanon and Ooshima scene was great everything else once again was MEHHHHH...
Sep 14, 2012 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
they were all cute when they were younger X3...

LOL the scene with Ooshima was really funny XD....

greenmush said:
I always knew Kojima was a nice guy, LOL it was funny when Marin said her own name at 10:00mins haha

that was Warin calling Marin not Marin....

Saorin said:
Urin and Marin seem to have been wearing the exact same clothes from the start and have just grown into (out of?) it...
Just look at their pants =p

i thought so too they were always wearing the same clothes but when Urin was born from the shelll Marin was wearing a pink costume....
Feb 27, 2016 2:26 PM

Feb 2014
AHAHAHA in the preview when Matsumoto was like: "I change a little in the nighttime too" LOOOOOOOL xDDDDD

I like the development all the characters are going through. Slow, but good anime so far.
Dec 30, 2020 5:00 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
The cold open in this episode was very wholesome, just a childhood memory of Marin and Urin playing with each other amongst some whales. The insert song during this part was very nice too.
The whole episode is just pure character development—we learn how seafolk are born, how Urin and Marin essentially became sisters, and Kanon starts to realize that her insecurities were keeping her away from realizing that she misunderstood Kojima from that day where he "dumped" her. The whole scene with her and Oshima was kinda funny with Oshima's reactions, but I think it would have been better if Kojima wasn't such a nothing character lol.
There's a weird force field around the general area where Sedna was sealed in the sea now and Urin can sense anyone who was trying to contact it, seen when she tried to bring Marin further in and when she attacked Warin, who was trying to save Marin. While Warin tries to console Marin and suggest that she go back to Kanon and ask how she's able to transform despite her "impurity", Urin continues to stay in solidarity within the cocoon as she gets manipulated by Sedna's voice...

The episode as a whole goes in the right direction, but the whole series does seem like it has a generally slow pacing.
Iyashikei fans might love this show, huh... haha

More topics from this board

» Anybody Remember this anime

Traxillia - Mar 10

1 by Sekiro94 »»
Mar 10, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 1, 2009

73 by demision »»
Aug 5, 2022 11:24 PM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 12 Discussion

Lvhina - Sep 16, 2009

45 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 25, 2021 10:36 PM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~ Anata ga Itekureta Koto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 24, 2009

88 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 15, 2021 2:00 AM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 11 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 9, 2009

14 by Fario-P »»
Jan 6, 2021 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.