Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 18, 2014 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
Here's the scenario, for whatever reason you are allowed to change your tastes

You can change your favorite color, your favorite tv show, what food you like, what gender you like, how you like your hair done, music you enjoy, etc. etc., any matters of personal preference are now up to you for one point in time. You can't go back on the change and this is a one time thing, although you can change as much as you want.

For example, you currently enjoy action movies. You could change your tastes to enjoy romance movies.

Would you change anything? Why? Why not? Discuss.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Feb 18, 2014 8:22 PM

Apr 2013
I would change my taste to tear-jerkers. I can never seem to enjoy them and it pisses me off.
Feb 18, 2014 8:26 PM

Aug 2009
I would change my sexuality to homosexual just so I can experience having a dick in my ass without feeling confused or guilty afterwards.

Also, I wish that I would like chocolate. Just because.

Feb 18, 2014 8:32 PM
Apr 2013
Mogu-sama said:
Would you change anything?

No.

Mogu-sama said:
Why?

Why not?

Mogu-sama said:
Why not?

Because there is no need to.
Feb 18, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2014
I think I would change my taste for peace, into a taste for chaos.
Feb 18, 2014 8:40 PM

Jun 2012
My taste in everything is already of the utmost quality.
I epitomize culture.

If anything, maybe my taste in music.
I don't like good music.
Feb 18, 2014 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
No I like the things I like.
Feb 18, 2014 8:43 PM

Dec 2007
I'd like to enjoy sweets too.
Feb 18, 2014 8:44 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
My taste in everything is already of the utmost quality.
I epitomize culture.

If anything, maybe my taste in music.
I don't like good music.

This, I would do just about to anything to change my tastes to that of YorozuyaGinSan, that way I would know with 100% certainty I was enjoying the best of the best.
Feb 18, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2010
Change my taste? Probably not. I like my taste for whatever they are.
Though I don't feel like completely changing my taste, I wish I could watch and like more shounen (not the mainstream ones).
Feb 18, 2014 8:46 PM

Oct 2013
I'd like to enjoy those shitty idiotic dumb battle shounen manga.

Aside from that, I enjoy my tastes.
Feb 18, 2014 8:54 PM
Jul 2012
No thanks. I'm good.
Feb 18, 2014 8:55 PM
Nov 2008
I'd like to be one of those 'able to eat anything' kinds of people. It's kinda annoying that I find so many food items yuck.
Feb 18, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
worldeditor11 said:
Reddit user has a need to
Reddit said:
But if it were a choice, I'd choose to be straight. I won't have to deal with discrimination. I wouldn't have to deal with coming out to my dad - or anyone else for that matter. I'd won't have to worry about where to find sperm for a baby. I'd wouldn't have to worry about who has the baby. I'd wouldn't have to worry about bonding with the baby if I didn't carry it. I'd have a way bigger dating pool. I'll only have one period to worry about.

It's not a popular opinion, but if you could choose it (and you can't), I'd choose to be straight.

Discuss more.
Want to talk?
Club!

Feb 18, 2014 9:00 PM

Sep 2012
Well, I would like to enojy to sing and dance, specially dance since every girl I have met expects every male to be a dancer.

Also, I would like to be able to enojy watching sports and play videogames, so I could have a good time with my buddies instead of making excuses because I enjoy other activities.
Feb 18, 2014 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
I would change nothing
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Feb 18, 2014 9:20 PM

Aug 2013
I'd stop enjoying video games and start enjoying basketball more.

That said, I really love basketball. I just want a stronger drive for self-improvement.
Feb 18, 2014 9:29 PM

Sep 2013
Reddit said:
But if it were a choice, I'd choose to be straight. I won't have to deal with discrimination. I wouldn't have to deal with coming out to my dad - or anyone else for that matter. I'd won't have to worry about where to find sperm for a baby. I'd wouldn't have to worry about who has the baby. I'd wouldn't have to worry about bonding with the baby if I didn't carry it. I'd have a way bigger dating pool. I'll only have one period to worry about.

It's not a popular opinion, but if you could choose it (and you can't), I'd choose to be straight.

I think it's pretty disgusting to use a sperm bank to get a child. Rather try to adopt one.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Feb 18, 2014 9:35 PM

Aug 2013
Shiratori99 said:
I think it's pretty disgusting to use a sperm bank to get a child. Rather try to adopt one.
Then they would have no genetic link to either of the parents.
Want to talk?
Club!

Feb 18, 2014 11:06 PM

Jun 2012
i would like to appreciate math
so i could possibly pass the course once in my lifetime

yeah thats my change
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Feb 18, 2014 11:25 PM

Apr 2010
I wish I could like horror. I've always wanted to try playing a horror game or watch a horror movie but I'm too much of a coward.
Feb 18, 2014 11:26 PM
Apr 2013
Mogu-sama said:
worldeditor11 said:
Reddit user has a need to
Reddit said:

Discuss more.

What is there to discuss if you yourself not contributing any opinions towards the topic that you had created?

Anyway, that answer specifically referred to me and me alone and not everyone else where each and every one of them have different circumstances. Different circumstances means different kinds of needs and why is it necessary for that particular individual to obtain them.

I am sure you have heard the saying " I think, therefore I am", yes?. I believe it is quite fitting in the topic that we are discussing here. Why is there a need to have a child under your name? Why is there a need to find a partner regardless of your gender preferences? Why is there a need to be straight? Why is there a need to announce your gender preferences to the entire world? Why do you think using a sperm bank as one of the means to reproduce is disgusting? Why is there a need for a person to fit into the norm? Why do you think this is right and why do you think that is wrong?

And in this case, why is there a need to change of taste?

Is it because you are trying to fit into the norm and afraid to stand out due to your "uniqueness"? Betraying your honest preferences but in return, gain the favour of the community and avoid getting yourself into trouble which increases the chances of you surviving in that sort of environment. Or is it something else that I might not have ponder of? Don't get me wrong though, i am not against changing in a general sense but rather the reason of the need to change.

As you are able to see here, the type of community you are living in and types of people you are exposed to mostly dictates(or at least influence) who you are, why you are so and what you are gonna do. People are easily swayed by popular opinions rather of their own. Orthodox thinking and practices are very hard to break but luckily, in the 21st century, people are changing in their way of thinking as you can see in the implementation of LGBT rights in certain countries among other developments.

Of course, discrimination are unavoidable if you are in a community but it can be minimised to a certain degree where it is at least manageable depending on the person. Some are able to tolerate large amounts of discrimination thrown at them without even breaking a sweat, others, safe to say not very well. It is not easy or even probable for a human being or any living organisms to change both their physical and mental states within a heartbeat depending on the environment they are living in. The only thing you can do is to try your best in adapting in your environment. Whether you chose to betray your feelings or not, is not for me to judge since it is your life and i believe it is your right to choose on how you want to live.

To me, no matter how unique or weird your preferences are, as long it is true and does not bother other people, you are all right in my book. Although i must say that i might laugh at your preferences but it is only temporary. It is not because i am looking down on him/her but because how hilarious his/her preferences are. Family members, friends and acquaintances are not spared from this. I would love to give some examples, but I respect their privacy, so no, don't ask.
Feb 20, 2014 7:25 AM

Nov 2013
I used to like Lolicon, but now I also like Toddlercon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 4 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
29 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

67 by Rhaelynne »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

28 by tsukareru »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

33 by elgatosaika »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.