Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2009 7:37 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
bravo, bravo

RtheO
Aug 8, 2014 6:17 AM

Aug 2012
Well, it wasn't the most fulfilling and it felt a bit too easy in my opinion but there were some pretty good moments, like the final blow was kinda cool. Either way, thus ends the Training/Wilhelm arc and thankfully the arc had little to no on-screen training. As a whole, I felt this arc was a step up from the first two but I step down from the last one although this one has a far better conclusion than the boring anti-climatic Kyoto Field Trip one. However, despite the Field Trip having the worst ending it built things up better. This was rather quickly slapped together but it was at the very least, more enjoyable for me than the beginning chapters filled with jokes that never registered with me. The highlight was the flashback with Nagi. I wish the series was about him rather than his bland son Negi.

*Edit*

Also, I forgot to mention, there are only two arcs left but thirty volumes left. Yikes.
Jul 2, 2016 5:41 PM
Oct 2011
What's Bland about Negi? If anything it's Nagi who's bland as he was a typical idiot hero.
Jul 3, 2016 11:55 AM

Aug 2012
animalia said:
What's Bland about Negi? If anything it's Nagi who's bland as he was a typical idiot hero.

I'll grant you that Nagi is more generic than Negi but generic & bland aren't necessarily synonyms. I can't get into too many details, since most of what I remember about the series is the later portions where Negi does become interesting so I'll namely just address Nagi. Honestly, had the series been about him, it probably wouldn't have been very good. One of the main reasons he's interesting is because of his position as a goal & his setting being more a battle shonen than the world of harem that Negi lives in. So Nagi's mostly interesting because of how the series contextualizes him, at least in my opinion. But I suppose if I had to answer your question, it's because early on there wasn't much more to the kind than him being kind-hearted & talented. Which is fine honestly, it just made him pretty boring to me.
Jul 3, 2016 6:22 PM
Oct 2011
Terrestrious said:
animalia said:

I'll grant you that Nagi is more generic than Negi but generic & bland aren't necessarily synonyms. I can't get into too many details, since most of what I remember about the series is the later portions where Negi does become interesting so I'll namely just address Nagi. Honestly, had the series been about him, it probably wouldn't have been very good. One of the main reasons he's interesting is because of his position as a goal & his setting being more a battle shonen than the world of harem that Negi lives in. So Nagi's mostly interesting because of how the series contextualizes him, at least in my opinion. But I suppose if I had to answer your question, it's because early on there wasn't much more to the kind than him being kind-hearted & talented. Which is fine honestly, it just made him pretty boring to me.
What I like about Negi is how in many ways he is the opposite of the typical shonen hero for example.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 355 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ichig0fan - Mar 10, 2012

195 by sookydoobee »»
Mar 26, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 24 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 19, 2023

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 19, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 46 Discussion

Deago - Jul 15, 2022

1 by KeyboardKlutz »»
Aug 19, 2022 11:39 AM

» Who he ends up with and how many

Radtoter - Sep 28, 2021

1 by asiank0ala »»
Jun 4, 2022 8:24 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 14 Discussion

R2 - Oct 27, 2017

1 by Mattinator95 »»
Mar 2, 2021 5:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.