Forum Settings
Forums
New
Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World: Byouki no Kuni -For You- Discussion
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 11, 2018 2:15 PM

Aug 2016
I was a little put off by the overuse of CGI and the different art style, but it's not bad, it still feels very much like a Kino no Tabi story. Not the best one, but not the weakest either, I was captivated by Inasha's story and this country in general seemed intriguing, too bad the country itself wasn't as developed as it could have been, I would have loved to know more about their culture and how the people over there live in such an unusual place.

Considering what Kino saw in the series, that scene where Kino tells Inasha about her travels feels a bit funny because of how she talks about that stuff and Inasha is laughing. I imagine Kino saying something like "There was that time when I stayed in a country full of nice and friendly people, including an energetic girl who dreamed of being a tour guide... And then after I left, the land was engulfed in lava from a volcano nearby! lmao" and Inasha laughing her ass off. I know, she's probably talking about the more lighthearted stuff she saw in her travels, but I still found it funny.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Dec 21, 2018 8:29 AM

Oct 2017
I had no idea that this one was animated by Shaft. So that's why this movie has that old Shaft looks in it.

Also I think that this movie is better directed as well as produced. The story was okay but I see the setting itself to be a good sci-fi concept.
May 13, 2019 11:06 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Pretty damn sad.

We sometimes forget or don’t know how we got to this time in the present. At some point that country will be healthy, not knowing how they are.
Jul 15, 2019 5:46 AM

Nov 2017
The story is quite interesting for me.

About the art style since i watched the new version before the old one, i had no problem.

And as usual, Kino is awesome.
Bay_Mar 12, 2022 7:11 PM
Nov 26, 2019 10:59 PM

Aug 2015
Good episode, damn.

Kino's Journey is usually pretty pessimistic about contact with others, whether people on the road or nations and states. So I always go into a Kino episode waiting for a left turn, and boy, was this a big one.
This time, the use of Nazi imagery in anime was pretty appropriate (Cole's helmet, uniform and kettenkrad).
I loved the scene of Hermes talking to the kettenkrad as a comrade and not getting a response lol

The showdown between kino and COle doesn't really make a lot of sense, since if he wanted to silence Kino, he could have simply attacked without saying anything. The resolution of the gunfight makes me wonder how two people in line of sight could shoot at each other but apparently both walk away unharmed.
Nov 10, 2020 10:14 AM

Jun 2010
I like the detail of Inertia's (what a name!) IV line going inside her pajama top; it must be connected to a central line implanted into her chest; one reason this is done is to avoid repeated insertions of IV needles into the arms in cases where the patient will need IV infusions many times into the foreseeable future. It implies well how ill she is.

glassknuckles said:
The showdown between kino and COle doesn't really make a lot of sense, since if he wanted to silence Kino, he could have simply attacked without saying anything. The resolution of the gunfight makes me wonder how two people in line of sight could shoot at each other but apparently both walk away unharmed.

I belive it's implied that Cole was trying to provoke Kino into killing him as a form of suicide due to his guilt over the government's murder of the pioneers. That Kino realizes this is implied when she doesn't take the excellent opportunity to strike when he's looking for her in the dark room; perhaps this is why he's so frustrated while looking for her; note he doesn't have his gun at the ready to fire. She had a huge advantage but gives it up apparently in unwillingness to euthanize him. Neither wanted to kill the other so they must have both deliberately shot wide. After the lack of genuine hostility is confirmed this way there's nothing left but for them to put their guns away.

Moreover, why would Cole lie to his superiors about Kino's presence, explain to her the crimes he's been part of and only then try to silence her for knowing too much? He was actually explaining why he wants to die. His apology to her was of using her as his instrument of suicide rather than of taking her life.

I rather like the way the conclusion works; where Kino's survival is virtually certain it actually confirms the man survived before going through the formality of showing Kino did as well.
FronzelNov 10, 2020 10:19 AM
Aug 8, 2022 3:41 PM
Sep 2013
This episode shows a more adult Kino than the one in the series, it showed at a glance even some parts of her breasts, now grown, I think they should have left her in the main series at a more advanced age of 18 years +, oh there would be no strangeness with her skills and not with her personality, in fact in this episode Kino seemed much more human than in the series, her personality was much better.
Man honestly for me this movie was better than the series and the other movie is special, but it's still not good enough for me to give it a grade higher than 7, I felt that this story really was something more down to earth than the ones presented previously.
One detail that I noticed reading the comments is that I was really right, the people only give this series a high rating because it contains a veneer of intellectuality and not because it is really good, this was the best episode of this series so far, both in terms of characters, story and graphic quality but people complained about all this, if the whole series was like this it probably would have gotten an 8/10 out of me.

PT-BR

Esse episodio mostra um Kino mais adulta que a da série, mostrou de relance até umas partes dos seios dela, agora crescidos, acho que deveriam ter deixado ela na série principal com uma idade mais avançada de 18 anos + ,ai não teria a estranheza com as habilidades dela e nem com a personalidade,na verdade nesse episódio a Kino parecia muito mais humana que na série,sua personalidade estava muito melhor.
Cara sinceramente pra mim esse filme foi melhor do que a serie e o outro filme e especial, mas ainda não é bom o suficiente para eu dar uma nota maior que 7,senti que essa historia realmente era algo mais pé no chão do que as apresentadas anteriormente.
Um detalhe que eu percebi lendo os comentários é que realmente eu estava certo, o pessoal só da nota alta para essa serie por ela conter um verniz de intelectualidade e não por ser realmente boa, esse foi o melhor episodio até aqui dessa série, tanto em personagens, história e qualidade gráfica mas as pessoas reclamaram de tudo isso, se a serie inteira fosse assim provavelmente ela teria conseguido arrancar um 8/10 de mim.
Mar 16, 2023 2:37 PM

Aug 2017
Fronzel said:
Moreover, why would Cole lie to his superiors about Kino's presence, explain to her the crimes he's been part of and only then try to silence her for knowing too much? He was actually explaining why he wants to die. His apology to her was of using her as his instrument of suicide rather than of taking her life.
That's a very good reading of the events, didn't think of that. Though I wonder how much did Cole indeed "redeem" himself - if he invited Inertia to come to the settlement someday when she's heathy, she might as well be used for experiments too...or maybe he hoped the disease would be cured by then.

Incidentally, it's pretty interesting to look at this "the government does something shady in the medical sphere" story in light of the recent controversy surrounding the writer Chiaki J. Konaka about covid and such.
Jul 4, 2023 3:56 PM

Dec 2022
Kino seemed more sociable than before in this movie. The underground city seems to be a nice place to live, in all honesty. No great conspiracy there, only having a mandatory shower for travellers as a cleanliness protocol. I respect it for providing the closest thing you're ever going to get to Kino fanservice as well.

Logue's fate was more or less confirmed with the desolated landscape of his former village. Poor Inertia has a terrible realisation waiting in the wings.

The CG was amateurish at times (especially around five minutes in where Kino leaves the hallway), but I thought it benefitted the movie overall.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kino's Journey: The Land of Sickness -For You- Episode 1 Discussion

gohdan - Dec 9, 2009

7 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 3, 2018 6:44 AM

» Do i need to watch the rest of Kino no tabi

moodie - Jun 4, 2015

2 by RPPuzzle »»
Oct 10, 2017 8:57 PM

» This was shown in theaters?

Chomechan - Jul 18, 2009

0 by Chomechan »»
Jul 18, 2009 11:23 PM

» Where I can find Kino's Journey (second movie)

YanoAmi - Feb 15, 2009

0 by YanoAmi »»
Feb 15, 2009 7:32 PM

» Just wandering...

Siing - Apr 28, 2007

4 by martino »»
May 1, 2007 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.