Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2009 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Solar eclipse, they are really up to date ^^
Lol@Kanon and her mother selling picked up stuff to tourists.

No transformation or fighting this time, but a lot of relationship between those, I liked it
Jul 24, 2009 6:36 PM

Nov 2008
Just who is the long-haired Miko who sings on the rock?

The last scene, as they asked themselves, "What is coming?" made me think, "Turn A Gundam is coming" when all those butterfly-things appeared... LOL
Aug 4, 2009 2:27 PM

Feb 2008
hahaha wow. this kind of development is disappointing, but not unexpected.
Aug 4, 2009 4:38 PM

Oct 2007
Noway, where is my usual "Arigatou, Aishiteru" ending?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 4, 2009 8:41 PM

Aug 2008
What a bad episode. I'm sure Urin is young and spoiled, but it amazes me that when her sister is the one to bitch her out, somehow she twists that into "Sky people are mean, I hate them," even though every sky person she has met has been nothing but warm and nice to her. I mean, she's a freeloader for goodness sake.

Other than that, a very predictable episode, and since there were no transformations, and cheesy fights, I found myself very bored.
Aug 4, 2009 9:32 PM

Dec 2008
HoaRy said:
Lol@Kanon and her mother selling picked up stuff to tourists.

No transformation or fighting this time, but a lot of relationship between those, I liked it
I would have to agree. This may be a bit boring for some people but I don't mind a show like this every now and then.
Aug 5, 2009 8:55 AM

Feb 2009
One ring to rule them all...

We just found out in this episode that Sedna is the witch Beatrice's long lost twin sister. She uses fabulous dark butterflies instead of fabulous golden butterflies.

Don't forget kids, do not look at the sun directly during an eclipse. It'll make you evil. (And subsequently burn your eyes but that's not important)
AlexstratzAug 5, 2009 8:59 AM
Aug 5, 2009 2:24 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
What a bad episode. I'm sure Urin is young and spoiled, but it amazes me that when her sister is the one to bitch her out, somehow she twists that into "Sky people are mean, I hate them," even though every sky person she has met has been nothing but warm and nice to her. I mean, she's a freeloader for goodness sake.

Other than that, a very predictable episode, and since there were no transformations, and cheesy fights, I found myself very bored.

Yeah I must agree with this but I think that Urin got the feeling that her sister as been 'stolen' by Kanon and that's why she hate the sky people as a whole. I don't recall her befriending nobody else than Kanon and feeling that she got betrayed by her is probably influencing what she said.
Aug 14, 2009 2:55 AM

Apr 2009
All that happened in this episode could fit in half of the time: most of the second part are (really useless) flashbacks, and most of them point to the same episode...

They are on episode five. Out of 12. Do they already feel like filling time with continue repetitions? I wish they put more Sam instead of that.
Aug 16, 2009 5:37 AM

May 2008
why is it always Urin that starts something

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 5, 2009 1:20 AM

Sep 2008
XD XD yeah... dark butterflies = Sedna
golden butterflies - Beatrice
we love them all! XD XD

and this ring ... and Urin... =.='' it's second time that Urin is doing something bad... 'cause it wasn't Marin fault that she was saying bad things at Urin...

strange anime... but... I like it ^^ it has a good feeling ^^
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Oct 24, 2009 10:00 PM

Jan 2008
They really dragged it on didn't they?
Mar 14, 2010 5:38 AM

Sep 2008
Tsundere-nyan said:
noteDhero said:

Yeah I must agree with this but I think that Urin got the feeling that her sister as been 'stolen' by Kanon and that's why she hate the sky people as a whole.

That sounds like quite a reasonable explanation to me.

What happened anyway? The solar eclipse made Marin, whose heart is seemingly so pure and full of love and goodness, evil for just a moment? But not Kanon who was teeming a dark aura just seconds earlier? Seems rather counter-intuitive indeed... Whatever, I'll just take it as it is I guess. XD

The development was Urin was kind of... grah. Disappointing but not unexpected, as someone else said.
Sep 14, 2012 5:32 AM

Aug 2010
Solar Eclipse that twas nice i don't remember seeing it an anime before....
but why the hell did they have glasses if they were just gonna stare directly...

i was really shocked when i heard the boyfriend's voice it doesn't suit him at all =_= sounds liek a little kid's voice...

i knew something will happen with Urin and the ring since hey keep showing it....
Feb 26, 2016 7:13 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Urin was feeling so left out! Can't blame her though, it seems like pretty much all of the attention was focused on getting Kanon to be 100% pure and she has been becoming more and more ignored. Now it looks like she's going to be possessed by Sedona! D:

lol Kanon's ex doesn't sound like an older guy at all :p

tf what was that whole boob thing with Kanon's ex's current girlfriend? Marin's boobs aren't even that big...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2020 9:03 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Heheh, when Kanon and her mom were selling some handmade charms, I was briefly reminded of Ojamajo Doremi... not too surprising considering both shows share the same director. ;)
Anyway, cool solar eclipse stuff happens, but it messes with Marin's eyes and her nature for a bit by making her saying things she normally wouldn't say, and perhaps made Kanon's ring suddenly fit Urin's finger and summon some weird butterflies. Also, "darkness" was said enough times in this episode to remind me of Kingdom Hearts and I don't know if that's a good thing lol. There's also some suspicious lady who briefly comes out of the ocean that I assumed to be the enemy of this episode like how there was one for the past 3 episodes before this, but I guess the Priestesses don't get to fight her this time. My first impression of her is that she kinda looked like Utau Hoshina a little bit lol.
Also yes, that whole scene with Oshima and getting jealous of Marin for... reasons was... odd.

More topics from this board

» Anybody Remember this anime

Traxillia - Mar 10

1 by Sekiro94 »»
Mar 10, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 1, 2009

73 by demision »»
Aug 5, 2022 11:24 PM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 12 Discussion

Lvhina - Sep 16, 2009

45 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 25, 2021 10:36 PM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~ Anata ga Itekureta Koto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 24, 2009

88 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 15, 2021 2:00 AM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 11 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 9, 2009

14 by Fario-P »»
Jan 6, 2021 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.