Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2023 12:06 AM
Feb 2021
ahh even tho i dont liked the ending i felt really sad when i read it in 2021 when last chapter came, i like how anime did some changes and also the ED and how they meet in afterlife that was really good and now i feel sad again.
Nov 6, 2023 12:08 AM
Mar 2018
Terrible nihilist and zero agency ending. Legit Zero IQ requiem ending.

Ymir couldn't change for 2000 years but had to see Mikasa kill Eren to finally change? She was for some reason enslaved by her version of toxic love and couldn't see how other Eldians fell in love for over 2000 years and failed learn something new and that something was wrong with her version of love?

And Mikasa and Eren random romance at the end too.

Eren killing his mom and can't change anything even with the super powers? What was the point of anything then? Its legit a paradox with his powers, it just doesn't logically work. Even if Eren is dead now he still exists in the past because of his powers.

Historia getting pregnant for no reason and with a dude that bullied her when she was young no less? Why?

The ending where everything was nuked was just bad and rushed. Might as well have space aliens invade.
Nov 6, 2023 12:14 AM
Sep 2020
Imagine ending an epic serie like that, cringe *ss ending frfr.
Nov 6, 2023 12:16 AM
Dec 2018
Not great but good ending of a great show. On of a kind.
Nov 6, 2023 12:32 AM
Aug 2016
This is basically my early adulthood, can't really criitisize it.
Nov 6, 2023 12:48 AM
Aug 2020
It was really awesome !!!
Nov 6, 2023 1:04 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to YamsMuncher
@otherhalfling Check now looks like its 8.5 now
@YamsMuncher Yep! It looks like the original influx of hate-votes did, indeed, have a massive influence on the early score. Glad to see the anime fans are a lot happier with the ending than the manga readeers were. Even if I don't think it was a good ending, personally, it seems like a lot more fans are happy with it than I expected! I'm glad they were able to get something out of it.
Nov 6, 2023 1:17 AM
Apr 2021
Masterpiece, its finally over...
Nov 6, 2023 1:30 AM

Nov 2012
damn I understand why the ending was divisive, but honestly can't of been an easy task to wrap this story up, and I thought it was handled pretty well although ofc the ending left me wanting to.

Still overall absolutely peak storytelling, what a legacy
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 6, 2023 1:42 AM
Jun 2015
Reply to MarcelGuerreiro
The worst ending in the anime industry
@MarcelGuerreiro i think lot of u guys watched the ending blind or didnt understand the show at all, inly stayed for flashy animation and fight scene
Nov 6, 2023 1:50 AM
Dec 2018
peak fiction. Thank you God for creating Isayama
Nov 6, 2023 2:22 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to ZXEAN
@Daroman How can you say that while keeping Neon Genesis Evangeline in your favourite ? Lol
@ZXEAN Unlike Attack on Titan, the character arcs for the main cast in Evangelion culminate in ways consistent with what's been previously established as opposed to the utterly ridiculous, laughable, unearned, and non-sequitur 180° Eren/Armin Paths conversation that turns both their characters into total blithering idiots that contradict themselves with some of the most cringe-inducing dialogue I've ever seen in an ending (not what you want for an impactful finale that we're supposed to care about), which is by far the worst aspect of the ending, apart from the plot holes, ridiculous last-minute twists, and retcons (Mikasa somehow randomly being the one meant to free Ymir even though Eren already did this cause reasons, Only Ymir Knows! Zeke's death stopping the Rumbling even though Eren had already freed Ymir of Fritz's curse that bound her to the commands of those with royal blood. Eren manipulating Mikasa's memory in 138 despite her being an Ackerman and Asian, meaning she should be unaffected by the Founder's powers. The entirety of Eren's clairvoyance powers creating multiple problems such as him sending Dina to kill his mother so that BERTHOLDT WOULDN'T DIE YET, WHICH MEANS HE CAN CHANGE THE COURSE OF PAST EVENTS OPENING UP POTENTIALLY DOZENS OF PLOT HOLES.)

Evangelion didn't pull punches, but Attack on Titan did. And the point isn't to be DARK or EDGY to be DARK and EDGY for the sake of it, the point is to follow through on what you've set up, deliver the payoff. And the buildup to the ending was for a payoff significantly more serious than what we got, which was a weird tonally mixed and tonally clashing ending where characters that should have died didn't and make dumb jokes right after 80% OF HUMANITY GOT GENOCIDED (Reiner sniffing the letter, Annie saying "But I'm Military Police" after Armin's line about Scouts not knowing when to quit, fucking ridiculous, is this a parody?). When you violate this, it becomes clear you're just dicking around randomly as a writer and your characters are schizophrenic puppets with no internal consistency that will do whatever random bullshit you need them to do in order to move the plot to the conclusion you want.

Levi should have died, Reiner should have died. A few other people probably should have died but Levi and Reiner ABSOLUTELY NEEDED TO DIE in order for their character arcs to resolve in a meaningful way because them dying is what Isayama was setting them up for the entire time but he chickened out because he wanted to give people a happy ending (What he did was give people an ending with a confused and mismatched tone, aspects of the ending are way too happy for what the story had been driving towards, basically the main cast gets too happy of an ending all around, but then war repeats itself without end, which is darker and more cynical. Just tonally a complete mess, utterly discordant.)

Why do I care so much that I wrote these huge paragraphs 99% of the people that check this thread won't read? Because I've been following AoT since I was 13 and I'm now 25, I've been invested in this for almost half my life, and I thought and still think that 80% to 85% of it is fantastic, which is why it's so frustrating and disappointing to see such excellent writing implode on itself and all go to waste like this.
DaromanNov 6, 2023 2:56 AM
Nov 6, 2023 2:39 AM
Nov 2015
Reply to Daroman
@ZXEAN Unlike Attack on Titan, the character arcs for the main cast in Evangelion culminate in ways consistent with what's been previously established as opposed to the utterly ridiculous, laughable, unearned, and non-sequitur 180° Eren/Armin Paths conversation that turns both their characters into total blithering idiots that contradict themselves with some of the most cringe-inducing dialogue I've ever seen in an ending (not what you want for an impactful finale that we're supposed to care about), which is by far the worst aspect of the ending, apart from the plot holes, ridiculous last-minute twists, and retcons (Mikasa somehow randomly being the one meant to free Ymir even though Eren already did this cause reasons, Only Ymir Knows! Zeke's death stopping the Rumbling even though Eren had already freed Ymir of Fritz's curse that bound her to the commands of those with royal blood. Eren manipulating Mikasa's memory in 138 despite her being an Ackerman and Asian, meaning she should be unaffected by the Founder's powers. The entirety of Eren's clairvoyance powers creating multiple problems such as him sending Dina to kill his mother so that BERTHOLDT WOULDN'T DIE YET, WHICH MEANS HE CAN CHANGE THE COURSE OF PAST EVENTS OPENING UP POTENTIALLY DOZENS OF PLOT HOLES.)

Evangelion didn't pull punches, but Attack on Titan did. And the point isn't to be DARK or EDGY to be DARK and EDGY for the sake of it, the point is to follow through on what you've set up, deliver the payoff. And the buildup to the ending was for a payoff significantly more serious than what we got, which was a weird tonally mixed and tonally clashing ending where characters that should have died didn't and make dumb jokes right after 80% OF HUMANITY GOT GENOCIDED (Reiner sniffing the letter, Annie saying "But I'm Military Police" after Armin's line about Scouts not knowing when to quit, fucking ridiculous, is this a parody?). When you violate this, it becomes clear you're just dicking around randomly as a writer and your characters are schizophrenic puppets with no internal consistency that will do whatever random bullshit you need them to do in order to move the plot to the conclusion you want.

Levi should have died, Reiner should have died. A few other people probably should have died but Levi and Reiner ABSOLUTELY NEEDED TO DIE in order for their character arcs to resolve in a meaningful way because them dying is what Isayama was setting them up for the entire time but he chickened out because he wanted to give people a happy ending (What he did was give people an ending with a confused and mismatched tone, aspects of the ending are way too happy for what the story had been driving towards, basically the main cast gets too happy of an ending all around, but then war repeats itself without end, which is darker and more cynical. Just tonally a complete mess, utterly discordant.)

Why do I care so much that I wrote these huge paragraphs 99% of the people that check this thread won't read? Because I've been following AoT since I was 13 and I'm now 25, I've been invested in this for almost half my life, and I thought and still think that 80% to 85% of it is fantastic, which is why it's so frustrating and disappointing to see such excellent writing implode on itself and all go to waste like this.
@Daroman Win. Glad I am not the only one appalled by the attempt to compare this shitty ending to EVA.
Nov 6, 2023 2:42 AM

Jun 2013
This show, these characters and this world have been part of my life for ten years now.
I could never have imagined how it would develop and how it would eventually end.
I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the ending either way, but I'm so glad I was here to see it through to the end.
What a strange feeling. To know that there's no more to come.

Goodbye, AoT.
Nov 6, 2023 2:55 AM

Oct 2013
Beautiful final episode of this great series, with stellar production quality and care put to polish everything as much as it was possible. Thank you, MAPPA!
Nov 6, 2023 2:58 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to otherhalfling
@YamsMuncher Yep! It looks like the original influx of hate-votes did, indeed, have a massive influence on the early score. Glad to see the anime fans are a lot happier with the ending than the manga readeers were. Even if I don't think it was a good ending, personally, it seems like a lot more fans are happy with it than I expected! I'm glad they were able to get something out of it.
@otherhalfling If you look at the score of the final chapters on MAL alone, you will see they have always been a very vocal minority, and usually people that base their opinion on animetuber shoutmen, even the "arguments" being repeated word for word. Their expectations were all wrong, and the story was only inconsistent in their own eyes (particularly in regards to Eren). The anime is far more popular and not watched only by the most dedicated vocal fans that are terminally online, so their voices are so much smaller in contrast to the ones that have some minimal text comprehension for the bigger picture.
Nov 6, 2023 3:03 AM

Nov 2021
I can see why the ending split the audience. Well, it fits the story and what the show was going for. No matter what you do, there will always be conflict, it's part of humanity to start a cycle of, violence, hatred or wars, it's human nature. It's hard to swallow, but you have to.

The ending, it went for realism rather than something unbelievable and fairy tale. Understandable.

This finale had its flaws, but some of these "flaws" can be fixed if you pay attention or use your common sense lol.

Ending 8/10, it is definitely rushed, could have had more time and space to settle things slowly. As a whole, Attack on Titan is 8.5/10 for me. It would be 9/10 if the ending wasn't rushed.
All in all it's a good finale, not that amazing, but not as bad as people say. I think I'll write a more detailed and intensive review about it. I feel empty now that it is over. Goodbye Attack on Titan.

Nov 6, 2023 3:08 AM
Mar 2023
ive never cried so much
Nov 6, 2023 3:09 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Daroman
@Old_School_Akira It's so painfully bad, and people are eating it right up. Normoids will happily consume whatever slop you put in front of them with a smile.
@Daroman I get it that you might be salty about people liking stuff that you dislike, or be upset because of that, but is it really necessary to be rude towards an unspecified group of said people enjoying watching this show? It's inelegant and immature, if you ask me.
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM
Jun 2021
Now i understand why people call isayama genius what a shitshow you need to be genius to ruin everything in your perfect story
but I'm still a fan of this series at least pre time skip

3/10
For animation.Voice acting and music
ThehaterofmalNov 6, 2023 3:16 AM
Nov 6, 2023 3:22 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to Adnash
@Daroman I get it that you might be salty about people liking stuff that you dislike, or be upset because of that, but is it really necessary to be rude towards an unspecified group of said people enjoying watching this show? It's inelegant and immature, if you ask me.
@Adnash You're reducing it to sound like it's a simple matter of taste and not more than that, and most of the time I have no issue with recognizing that someone and I just value different things and thus evaluate a piece of work differently, but in this case it's everyone praising a bevy of braindead idiotic trainwreck writing decisions, decisions that if evaluated using a typical standard of critique and not evaluated via passive consumption instantly lead you to the inescapable conclusion that the ending is a disaster. Plot holes, rushed pacing, tonal clashing, characters turned into idiotic shells of their former selves. To me, it was clear as day the moment I read the last chapter. To me, this is like you guys saying that the grass is blue and the sky is green while I keep repeating that the grass is green and the sky is blue.

And I'm fine with being immature, I don't care about that. I could be a lot more rude than I have been considering that the standard ending defender response I see is just blatant strawmanning and misrepresentation of what the bulk of ending hater criticisms are.
Nov 6, 2023 3:33 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Daroman
@Adnash You're reducing it to sound like it's a simple matter of taste and not more than that, and most of the time I have no issue with recognizing that someone and I just value different things and thus evaluate a piece of work differently, but in this case it's everyone praising a bevy of braindead idiotic trainwreck writing decisions, decisions that if evaluated using a typical standard of critique and not evaluated via passive consumption instantly lead you to the inescapable conclusion that the ending is a disaster. Plot holes, rushed pacing, tonal clashing, characters turned into idiotic shells of their former selves. To me, it was clear as day the moment I read the last chapter. To me, this is like you guys saying that the grass is blue and the sky is green while I keep repeating that the grass is green and the sky is blue.

And I'm fine with being immature, I don't care about that. I could be a lot more rude than I have been considering that the standard ending defender response I see is just blatant strawmanning and misrepresentation of what the bulk of ending hater criticisms are.
@Daroman Well, generalizing people or implying that their general traits indicate certain, specified stances, are something negative by default, but from what I understood you prefer to go that way when interacting with others. It can't be helped, then.

Anyway, too bad that you didn't like the show as a whole, no matter the reasons and whether you value more story to audiovisual aspects of it, or vice versa. Thanks for at least giving it a try. Have a nice day.
Nov 6, 2023 3:39 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to Adnash
@Daroman Well, generalizing people or implying that their general traits indicate certain, specified stances, are something negative by default, but from what I understood you prefer to go that way when interacting with others. It can't be helped, then.

Anyway, too bad that you didn't like the show as a whole, no matter the reasons and whether you value more story to audiovisual aspects of it, or vice versa. Thanks for at least giving it a try. Have a nice day.
@Adnash Nah, I liked the series as a whole. That's why I care, because I've been following the series for 12 years and thought it was excellent, some of the best writing in the history of the medium up until the last 10% of it. That's why it's so frustrating, to watch so much potential be flushed down the drain after 12 years of investment and build-up.

Generalization being a factually incorrect or morally incorrect thing to engage in by default is a western moral dogma that I don't hold. Generalizations, as statements of statistical likelihood, are often correct. There are exceptions, but by and large people aren't particularly unique or special and I see the same tendencies, behaviors, ideas, and pieces of rhetoric exhibited by people over and over again. Unique people, by definition, aren't common.
DaromanNov 6, 2023 3:53 AM
Nov 6, 2023 3:44 AM

Oct 2020
I wonder if there ever will be something like this again. A story I can engage with and obsess with doesn't come every day. AOT is life itself and is a story that needs to be passed on.
Nov 6, 2023 3:55 AM
Nov 2015
Reply to I_Am_Freeballing
I wonder if there ever will be something like this again. A story I can engage with and obsess with doesn't come every day. AOT is life itself and is a story that needs to be passed on.
@I_Am_Freeballing One Piece is still ongoing
Nov 6, 2023 4:05 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Daroman
@Adnash Nah, I liked the series as a whole. That's why I care, because I've been following the series for 12 years and thought it was excellent, some of the best writing in the history of the medium up until the last 10% of it. That's why it's so frustrating, to watch so much potential be flushed down the drain after 12 years of investment and build-up.

Generalization being a factually incorrect or morally incorrect thing to engage in by default is a western moral dogma that I don't hold. Generalizations, as statements of statistical likelihood, are often correct. There are exceptions, but by and large people aren't particularly unique or special and I see the same tendencies, behaviors, ideas, and pieces of rhetoric exhibited by people over and over again. Unique people, by definition, aren't common.
Daroman said:
Nah, I liked the series as a whole. That's why I care, because I've been following the series for 12 years and thought it was excellent, some of the best writing in the history of the medium up until the last 10% of it. That's why it's so frustrating, to watch so much potential be flushed down the drain after 12 years of investment and build-up.
My bad, I should've been more specific: by "the show as a whole" I meant those two special episodes from Kanketsu-hen. Apologies. I was talking about the content presented in them, with having in mind the fact that its second episode was the final one of Attack on Titan as a series in general.

About the writing, hmm... It had its very good moments, but was it that much excellent? It was surely enjoyable, but I don't think it was near the best writing in the history of manga or comics. Very solid shounen with dark elements, leaning slightly at some point towards seinen, even arguably becoming a typical seinen story for several chapters, but returning near its end to the original, dark shounen atmosphere. Its ending wasn't any different to the earlier narration. It only offered what endings usually offer - bigger density of said elements.

I get it that some people might have romanticized Attack on Titan manga from one reason or another, but I remember how people defended Reiner's or Armin's plot armors; or sudden change of Eren's attitude; or the convoluted, badly written explanation of the Paths, turning them into mediocre asspull; or Levi's durability, and some more. They called all of those elements as "peak fiction". Later, once the ending was released, they went 180 degrees and started thrashing people who were still fans of aforementioned elements. 😂 That was bizarre, but welp. In most of cases, from what I remember, those people didn't even care about the plot or its technical aspects, but focused on their EreHisu ship not becoming con, or headcanon about their husbando Eren not becoming real, or both. There were some folks willing to discuss in a civilized way. Sadly, there were not a lot of them shortly after ch. 139's premiere.

Like I said, thematically-wise the ending is consistent to what this series had to offer. Writing-wise it was lackluster by seinen standards, but by shounen standards it was fine, I mean in its Vol. 34's version. It's a matter of taste whether the bigger intensity and density of those elements were beneficial to the ending itself or not, but it's not like this series didn't have weird, or even plain dumb moments earlier. I'm a realist and even if I like something a lot, I don't close my eyes and clown around, pretending that bad elements either never existed or were different to stuff I found as subjectively underwhelming in the discussed work of art.

So, in other words: Attack on Titan is a really nicely written dark shounen. Even Isayama-sensei once said, if I remember correctly, that its story wasn't as complex as many people thought it was. ;-) You can try to find the deeper meaning in a random Donald Duck comic and link it to ancient Greek philosophy, but it won't change the fact that the story was intended to be more simple.
AdnashNov 6, 2023 4:22 AM
Nov 6, 2023 4:14 AM
Sep 2018
amazing ending and at the very end i wonder haha
Nov 6, 2023 4:18 AM

Oct 2013
@I_Am_Freeballing There will surely be other good stories, but I doubt there will be something similar to Attack on Titan. Not in the nearest future, at least. It can be easily called as a cultural phenomenon, given how many people has become devoted fans over the years, with some of them not being even interested in anime or manga before picking up AoT.

I have fingers crossed to see "Before the Fall" spin-off animated one day. Its story is cool. More shounen-like than the original story, but still having that flavor mixing typical shounen with darker elements. Seinen elements, even.
Nov 6, 2023 4:27 AM
Sep 2021
The emotions invoked were beautiful but the plot and justification was nonsensical
Nov 6, 2023 4:27 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Daroman

@Daroman Ok. I can understand your frustration but seriously Neon Genesis Evangeline doesn't make any sense it was nothing but a headache.
Nov 6, 2023 4:37 AM
Aug 2020
The story was good, but the story telling felt like continuity was interrupted and the story was rushed at the same time.
Nov 6, 2023 4:38 AM
Jan 2009
Didn't like it or dislike it, since I spoiled myself the end reading the manga. It was... "Meh"
~Futari no ai wa eien ni naru~
Nov 6, 2023 4:38 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to ZXEAN
@Daroman Ok. I can understand your frustration but seriously Neon Genesis Evangeline doesn't make any sense it was nothing but a headache.
@ZXEAN I like how a lot of extremely devoted Evangelion fans like to drop walls of text about their favorite cartoon, but either subconsciously or on purpose don't mention or even address stuff pointed out by the other person. I'm not talking about the person you've been talking to, by the way. I just happened to remember, after seeing your post mentioning Evangelion, how there were some Eva fans thrashing AoT in the past, even before its ending (be it in manga or anime format).

They remind me of so-called "edgy AoT manga elitists" from the past. Perhaps that's why both series tickled their fancy, hah. Y'know, to boost their ego with "my cartoon's story is smart, unlike the garbage you are watching!!". 😂 Clearly fanservice moments from Evangelion were more mature, more serious, more peak writing blah blah, than that line said by Annie by the end of the final episode, eh? ;p

The fact that one manga chapter managed to expose so many people as clowns is something that even people greatly disliking AoT should commend. Of course I'm talking about adults acting like bratty kids. I don't blame angry teenagers for overreacting about certain stuff. That's just a part of youth.

Speaking about EoE and AoT S4P3, one can't be denied. Both shows are already iconic in the world of anime. No matter whether someone likes both or one of them. Their legacy will conrinue living on for years.
AdnashNov 6, 2023 4:48 AM
Nov 6, 2023 4:43 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to raffyzita
@I_Am_Freeballing One Piece is still ongoing
@raffyzita I am caught up on OP in both anime and manga and it's a lot of fun. But I can't say it gripped me as AOT did and I started it even earlier. I am sure, however, that when it finally ends it's gonna be an even bigger event than AOT ending due to how long it's been going on.
Nov 6, 2023 4:45 AM
Nov 2015
@raffyzita I am caught up on OP in both anime and manga and it's a lot of fun. But I can't say it gripped me as AOT did and I started it even earlier. I am sure, however, that when it finally ends it's gonna be an even bigger event than AOT ending due to how long it's been going on.
@I_Am_Freeballing yeah, the pieces are picking up now, I am torn between catching up or binging it. But from the looks of it its fire🔥
Nov 6, 2023 4:48 AM
Mar 2016
I was a bit hesitant to watch it being a manga reader but now that I did it was better than I expected. I can't believe that after exactly 10 years (8 years for me since I first watched it 2015), Attack on titan has come to an end. While I prefer Wit's version against MAPPA's, I think they did the ending justice. This is a step up from the previous ep of this special. I think the most important thing for me was I felt that the pacing was much better for this part compared to the manga. It just felt perfect. I think they even some more extra scenes to make it flow better because I don't remember if certain scenes were in the manga or not. Some scenes made more sense watching it this time around. Either way I liked it. It made me really emotional. Thematically and Realistically it concluded the only way it could. War was never really gonna stop like lets say in Code Geass since there are some similarities to it. I think they'd like it more if they looked at it a bit more positively rather than actively looking for things to hate at.

It's no surprise manga readers hated it since it's the same thing and they hated it even back then. Hell they started commenting even before the subs were out lol. I can tell that some of them haven't even watched it yet.

While I do think could have added few more extra scenes here, it was a great ride. All good things come to an end. I'd like to thank Isayama and everyone involved in making AOT a reality. For one last time, SHINZOU SASAGAYEO!!
Nov 6, 2023 4:59 AM
Oct 2013
am not crying you are crying
Nov 6, 2023 5:25 AM

Mar 2021
Attack on Titan has become an iconic franchise full of many twists and turns, many hidden clues and plot points, many bits of foreshadowing, and a masterfully crafted story.
This last episode, no matter the negativity or positivity it gets, will go down as one of the conclusion to an amazing story that has taken a decade to reach its ending. The tears, the laughter, the excitement, the thrill of seeing this masterpiece end, these are what I and many others experienced during these 1 hour and 24 minutes of our lives.

Attack on Titan has been a whole journey for me. Over the past week I rewatched the whole 4 seasons of the show just to get ready for this episode and honestly that made my experience amazing. Truly I was able to connect with this episode, through its emotional moments, and its ending.

Just realizing what drove Eren's character through the whole show, how he drove himself and the story forward, makes me appreciate what Hajime Isayama created. All shots were perfect, from the titan animation, all the fight scenes, everything. MAPPA really improved and learned from the problems in the past few seasons. I've even heard that this episode made certain shots from the manga feel like they belong more and gave them more impact to the visuals.

When all the past titan shifters showed up it felt like something in the avengers but in my opinion more emotional since some of our fallen heroes, villains, and other characters that we've seen the stories of, returned when the situation was dire. Seeing the sort of rebuilt relationship between Reiner, Annie and the scouts made me feel happy. After all the conflict, betrayals that they have created, the scouts still see part of them as their comrades, and friends. Seeing our fallen heroes at the end like, Sasha, Erwin, and the others made me cry so hard, it was because of them giving up their hearts that humanity was saved.

Eren's death was what we all knew was coming, even I got spoiled about it, but that didn't stop me from crying and becoming so emotional. Eren Jaeger has been my favorite character in Anime for a while now, and to see him and his friends suffer broke my heart. Mikasa realizing what's coming just destroys me every time, she wants to stay by his side, to the point its haunting how much someone can miss a person so much that they can barely live without them. His sacrifice for his friends was bitter-sweet, but overall it was needed.

The whole episode has been long anticipated and a rollercoaster of emotions for many. Attack on Titan's finale will truly be one of the most memorable episodes in Anime history. Here we witness the end of a whole generation, an age. Here we witness the end and conclusion of one of Anime's biggest shows, Attack on Titan.

10/10 いってらっしゃい エレン 🕊
Nov 6, 2023 5:27 AM
Mar 2023
Ymir's situation could be summed up with waiting for someone to free her from what could be called "the agony of being in love" for more than 2000 years, which, in this case, ended up being Mikasa when she made the decision to, even if it caused her an inexplicable heartbreak and anguish, killing Eren, who planned to become "the sacrifice" to take with him both the curse of the titans, as well as the mentality of looking at them as "demons", returning to his hero friends for having finished him off. In itself, what Armin said when Eren went to visit him couldn't have been more accurate; "You are a slave of freedom." Although this would be what would lead to the ending we saw today. I'm not going to lie, when I saw Levi's last greeting to his fallen comrades and then the analogy of freedom with the bird that fixes Mikasa's scarf, I cried like a small child, whether you liked the ending or not. , without a doubt this is one of the best, if not the best anime that has ever existed. Thank you for everything, sorry for so little.
Nov 6, 2023 5:50 AM
Dec 2020
@I_Am_Freeballing I'm not sure about this.

Because of how long One Piece is it was never able to capture the same kind of broad audience that shows like AoT or Demon Slayer or JJK captured.

Because of it's length One Piece lost a few fans and it's harder to get new fans who have to watch a Thousand episodes to get caught up.

Now I'm not saying One Piece fandom is small. It has a very sizeable and very loyal fanbase.

But it doesn't seem to be growing mucj outside of that Fanbase.
Nov 6, 2023 6:01 AM
Nov 2015
Reply to Fuhrer_Wrath
@I_Am_Freeballing I'm not sure about this.

Because of how long One Piece is it was never able to capture the same kind of broad audience that shows like AoT or Demon Slayer or JJK captured.

Because of it's length One Piece lost a few fans and it's harder to get new fans who have to watch a Thousand episodes to get caught up.

Now I'm not saying One Piece fandom is small. It has a very sizeable and very loyal fanbase.

But it doesn't seem to be growing mucj outside of that Fanbase.
@Fuhrer_Wrath Fair enough. Yeah there are times it feels like its dragging its feet to its next plot point. Gotta say though its variety in themes (even though the execution is light-hearted, for better or for worse) keeps it fresh.
Nov 6, 2023 6:55 AM

Jun 2019
Has it been 10 years already? Time does really flies lol, who knows at the end of the day 100 years later, people might do history lessons just by reading our pointless discussion forums hahahha.
lettuce<3
Nov 6, 2023 6:55 AM

Mar 2015
Excellent way to end this masterpiece of a series!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 6, 2023 8:05 AM
Jan 2020
I'm speechless. This is the perfect ending for Attack on Titan, even teasing us a total loop of a new founder titan being born at the very end of the credits. I think it's cool they left it up for the viewer to interpret it. 10/10 ending, 10/10 show. Love it!
Nov 6, 2023 8:25 AM
Aug 2022
If you guys pay attention to Mikasa's finger when she die, you can clearly see a RING. Most likely a WEDDING RING.

She married to someone, perhaps JEAN or ARMIN.
Nov 6, 2023 8:33 AM

Sep 2019
Absolute perfection. No words. Mappa went above and beyond and managed to deliver the best episode of anime.
@I_Am_Freeballing great that you are still freeballing to this day
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 6, 2023 8:34 AM
Nov 2020
TE AMO SHINGEKI, GRACIAS POR ESTOS 10 AÑOS DE EMOCIONES
Nov 6, 2023 9:05 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to raffyzita
@Fuhrer_Wrath Fair enough. Yeah there are times it feels like its dragging its feet to its next plot point. Gotta say though its variety in themes (even though the execution is light-hearted, for better or for worse) keeps it fresh.
@raffyzita Oh! I'm not arguing against the quality of One Piece.

I unfortunately left One Piece behind a while ago because I couldn't keep up with it.
But all I've heard from people who actually stayed with the show is just praise.
So I have no doubt the show is still great.

I'm just saying that the scope if it's popularity, despite as big as it is, seems to be limited because of it's sheer length.

One Piece has a huge and very loyal fanbase. But that fanbase doesn't really seem to expand much.

That why I said that even though I'm sure the ending will be really great. I'm not sure it will be as much of an event as the endings of more mainstream animes.

Just as example. I understand that Luffy's Gear 5 transformation is big moment in the story.
Yet when it happened I didn't see much conversation around it. Sure it was still talked about but not to the extent I thought it would.

Compare that to say something like Toji killing Gojo in Season 2 of JJK.
That shit was literally everywhere. Everyone was talking about it.
Nov 6, 2023 9:07 AM
Nov 2020
i like somethings and i also dont like somethings but nothing matters now afterall its over
Nov 6, 2023 9:10 AM

May 2012
I liked this more than the manga !!! Watching it in animation feel so different than reading manga.
Pages (31) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1050 by AnimeBinger6969 »»
Sep 21, 11:44 PM

Poll: » did eren died a...

removed-user - Aug 12

2 by asdewqw3erfgt »»
Aug 30, 4:20 AM

» Recap (?) Movie

tsubasalover - Aug 17

18 by thunderkitten13 »»
Aug 18, 8:42 AM

» One of the Ending’s Biggest Issues for Me (Spoiler Alert).

no_comparisonBM - Aug 1

43 by Anime_4_life227 »»
Aug 12, 2:04 AM

» WHO DOES MIKASA END UP WITH ?? ( 1 2 )

neel_senpai - Nov 5, 2023

82 by no_comparisonBM »»
Aug 10, 10:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.