Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (34) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2013 1:41 AM

Aug 2012
makarov52 said:
Reny said:
makarov52 said:
and whats with titan behind the wall in the end? :O

Behind? Seemed to me that he was inside О_о

ahh yes.. sorry bad english lol :3
so whats with the titan? :O

If you continue onto the manga then you would know :)
Sep 30, 2013 1:41 AM

Mar 2012
Lol, that last scene at the end shat my pants xD

Attack on Titans is really the best anime this year for me.
What made me enjoy this show was the epic animation and the mysteries in the plot that keeps me on edge. Not only that, I love how it incorporates logical military tactics instead of your typical 1v1 head on fights.

Not only that, this aint the typical Shounen (is it even shounen? its labelled as shounen, I see it more of a seinen), how the series expresses true despair and the dark side of the humans.

The only thing that was probably bad was how in some parts of episodes, the animations get a drastic drop in quality, such as low fps rates and derpy looking faces/figures. But surely 10/10 for me.

Levi too beast!

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Sep 30, 2013 1:42 AM

Aug 2009
makarov52 said:
Reny said:
makarov52 said:
and whats with titan behind the wall in the end? :O

Behind? Seemed to me that he was inside О_о

ahh yes.. sorry bad english lol :3
so whats with the titan? :O

That's a great mystery that caused me to go and read the manga. At last =)
Sep 30, 2013 2:27 AM

Aug 2012
leitao said:
When I read the story about how the miner hit upon an underground substance so hard, it broke his shovel... I was freaking out, like, "There's a titan under the wall or in the wall, isn't there?!" It sounded a lot like Annie's ability to harden her body parts. And then, boom! That ending. ;__; I need to know mooooore.

Read the manga if you want to know more
Sep 30, 2013 2:33 AM

Mar 2013
I laughed so hard when Annie hit the church XD

The ending is good, I'll wait for the second season. :)
Sep 30, 2013 2:37 AM

Jul 2013
Kefkiroth said:
dxia said:

It is heavily implied that she was thrown. It's also the best explanation as to why she able to catch up with Annie while everyone else failed.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 30, 2013 2:43 AM

Jan 2013
Good series. Tempted to read the manga.....
Sep 30, 2013 2:45 AM

Jul 2013
loserboi said:

Succumb my friend. Don't hold it back! Let yourself loose! Read the manga! Start at chapter 33!
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 30, 2013 2:55 AM
Jul 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
loserboi said:

Succumb my friend. Don't hold it back! Let yourself loose! Read the manga! Start at chapter 33!

Read it, and suffer the 1 month wait with us.

Suffer, suffer.
Sep 30, 2013 3:12 AM

Dec 2012
Diodax said:
I find it funny that some people are more worked up with the "fire mode Eren" rather than the whole missed opportunity on the wall reveal.

The latter won't be that easy to fix.

That's complete bullshit. Either, they go back and see the Titan the next day or somebody spots it when the wall cracks and tells everyone

OMG RUINED!!! Not. It's a braindead easy fix. Not even a problem. People are saying it's a missed opportunity, but if they ended it with the Titan being shown to everyone, all it would've done was have the series end on another stupid cliffhanger. Leaving fans wanting more whilst production for the second season hasn't started yet would suck.

25 wasn't a spectacular episode by any means, it was actually quite average (from a non-manga reader) but I can at least say the series ended with closure. The ending was an ending for now. The Manga deviations from this episode were all minor, all of them. Flaming Eren was merely a visual that didn't alter his abilities and Eren still displayed some kind of control over his Titan by sparing Annie.

I really don't understand all the defence over the steamy pile of dog shit that was episode 24 and then the shitstorm by Manga purists following this episode, it really doesn't make sense
Sep 30, 2013 4:04 AM

Aug 2013
DarkCyclone said:
Diodax said:
I find it funny that some people are more worked up with the "fire mode Eren" rather than the whole missed opportunity on the wall reveal.

That's complete bullshit. Either, they go back and see the Titan the next day or somebody spots it when the wall cracks and tells everyone

OMG RUINED!!! Not. It's a braindead easy fix. Not even a problem. People are saying it's a missed opportunity, but if they ended it with the Titan being shown to everyone, all it would've done was have the series end on another stupid cliffhanger. Leaving fans wanting more whilst production for the second season hasn't started yet would suck.

25 wasn't a spectacular episode by any means, it was actually quite average (from a non-manga reader) but I can at least say the series ended with closure. The ending was an ending for now. The Manga deviations from this episode were all minor, all of them. Flaming Eren was merely a visual that didn't alter his abilities and Eren still displayed some kind of control over his Titan by sparing Annie.

I really don't understand all the defence over the steamy pile of dog shit that was episode 24 and then the shitstorm by Manga purists following this episode, it really doesn't make sense

Well part of the criticisms of how the anime portrayed the reveal concern its execution as well, not just plot implications. The anime's reveal lacked the oomph that the manga delivered, since all of the main characters were present there and it occurred right after what was supposed to be a victorious moment. I was looking forward to seeing Mikasa stare at the titan with almost abject fear in her eyes, which coming from her tells you that shit really just got real.

The ending was essentially a cliffhanger anyway, so I see no reason why you would sacrifice what had been the manga's most powerful reveal. You could have it occur the next morning, but the Stationary Guard would have to be called instead of the Survey Corps, since the wall is their responsibility. It would be extremely contrived to have the Survey Corps in addition to all of the main characters there instead.

As for plot implications... I could see a way to resolve inconsistencies, but again it would have to be very contrived. I don't know if you've read the chapters in question, but there are far-reaching implications from the events here.

Lastly, the fire business is nothing; it really was just a visual effect. But part of Eren's characterization up to then is that he's always had to deal with the worse shit, and the odds are always stacked against him. A main point in the manga is that Eren has never won a single fight he's been in (outside of the Mikasa incident, which is an entirely different discussion in itself). His struggle is key to his development, and shows that he's not a Mary Sue-like character.

In the manga Annie flattens Eren in like three moves; here they give him a traditional shounen powerup for the sake of winning, even though the manga has made it a point of subverting those tropes. It's not the superficial aspects that manga readers care about, but the more important characterization and plot issues instead. Eren is calm and controlled in the manga, especially at this crucial juncture when his black and white morality is being challenged for the first time.

Anyway sorry for the long-winded reply. Just had to object to the perception that all manga readers are bitching. Cause believe me, I've enjoyed this adaptation immensely. It's just that legitimate issues should be pointed out. Out of curiosity, why did you think episode 24 was so bad in comparison anyway?
Sep 30, 2013 5:00 AM
Sep 2013
Jotaro_Kujo said:
DarkCyclone said:
Diodax said:

Well part of the criticisms of how the anime portrayed the reveal concern its execution as well, not just plot implications. The anime's reveal lacked the oomph that the manga delivered, since all of the main characters were present there and it occurred right after what was supposed to be a victorious moment. I was looking forward to seeing Mikasa stare at the titan with almost abject fear in her eyes, which coming from her tells you that shit really just got real.

The ending was essentially a cliffhanger anyway, so I see no reason why you would sacrifice what had been the manga's most powerful reveal. You could have it occur the next morning, but the Stationary Guard would have to be called instead of the Survey Corps, since the wall is their responsibility. It would be extremely contrived to have the Survey Corps in addition to all of the main characters there instead.

As for plot implications... I could see a way to resolve inconsistencies, but again it would have to be very contrived. I don't know if you've read the chapters in question, but there are far-reaching implications from the events here.

Lastly, the fire business is nothing; it really was just a visual effect. But part of Eren's characterization up to then is that he's always had to deal with the worse shit, and the odds are always stacked against him. A main point in the manga is that Eren has never won a single fight he's been in (outside of the Mikasa incident, which is an entirely different discussion in itself). His struggle is key to his development, and shows that he's not a Mary Sue-like character.

In the manga Annie flattens Eren in like three moves; here they give him a traditional shounen powerup for the sake of winning, even though the manga has made it a point of subverting those tropes. It's not the superficial aspects that manga readers care about, but the more important characterization and plot issues instead. Eren is calm and controlled in the manga, especially at this crucial juncture when his black and white morality is being challenged for the first time.

Anyway sorry for the long-winded reply. Just had to object to the perception that all manga readers are bitching. Cause believe me, I've enjoyed this adaptation immensely. It's just that legitimate issues should be pointed out. Out of curiosity, why did you think episode 24 was so bad in comparison anyway?

You said pretty much everything I wanted to say but more politely than I would've said it.

People who cry "manga purism" never stop and realize that so called "purists" have been defending the anime for a while. That there are objective standards for an adaptation. And that episode 25 sacrifices plot progression and character development for shonen tropes, action-heads, and fan-girls.

It's not as if this anime hasn't sacrificed character development before, but it also added many things that the manga didn't have. But this fight and this reveal are iconic moments. Sacred things that shouldn't be touched, but were instead made a mockery of.

I'm getting tired of these people...

There was never going to be closure with this episode. There are too many mysteries for that. The least the producers could have done is go for impact, which would not even have been difficult.

You described some of the ass-pulls that would be needed to salvage the reveal, but that's not all. There would also need to be:
- A specific order in which the titan is seen. First Hanji and Armin, then Pastor Nick right after (otherwise Hanji's important conversation with Nick is shot). Unless Nick waited there all night, this would be an ass-pull.
- No civilians noticed the titan. Wasn't guaranteed in the manga reveal, and definitely won't be in the anime one.

I can see why episode 24 was bad. It sacrificed Eren's poignant moment with Mikasa in the tunnel just to spend half the episode waiting for him to rage.
dxiaSep 30, 2013 7:42 AM
Sep 30, 2013 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
I liked this final episode, but after reading the manga chapters I got mixed feelings, I'm starting to think I may drop the next season if they keep adding stuff that's not in the manga (well... maybe not)

Is that dialog between Eren and Mikasa when he is saying "It almost felt good to get all beat up" in the manga? I couldn't find it! whyTF did they add that disgusting dialog!?

PS: I already knew that the author is a fan of Muv-luv, but now I also think that the anime director? is a fan of Evangelion, for a moment I almost thought that Eva-01 (the beast) Eren was going to eat the angel Annie :P
like someone said, this show is the best mecha anime of the season LOL
Sep 30, 2013 5:28 AM

May 2012
This was really good ending. Nice fight between eren and FT

I don't care if they made some changes from manga. I'm not a manga reader.

5/5 for this episode. 10/10 for the whole series.
Sep 30, 2013 5:36 AM

Oct 2009
DAT fight! I think Eren killed quite a few people too XD
Poor Annie :<! At least she isn't being tortured and stuff. Good finale, i was kinda expecting more but whatever..

Bummer that they changed a lot, i would probably rage if i read the manga too..So there's a Titan in the WALL?!!! WHAT. I want to see Titan Eren toss Mikasa animated ><!!! *Goes read chapter 33*
Hmm maybe they can add Mikasa discovering the Titan in the wall in the first episode of season 2? Maybe kinda add it in as a flashback of sorts? O.O
Yeah pretty disappointing how different the episode is..either way awesome season!
9/10 in actuality but it had my blood pumping so many times so 10/10!

Season 2 in 1.2/2 years?
Sep 30, 2013 6:07 AM
Feb 2011
Holy shit that was intense. This series is definitely on a league of its own. From animation to soundtrack to plot to characters... everything's close to perfect. Bravo. The possibilities of a season 2 is high from what I can tell, since demand is absolutely skyrocketing.

All in all a great series. 10/10
Sep 30, 2013 6:10 AM
Aug 2012
This episode was awesome. I don't really care much that they switched some things from the manga because I have a really bad memory and only vaguely remember some stuff from the manga lol.

About the titan eren on fire, I don't get all the hate. If you think about it it kind of makes sense. His face was just busted open a few moments ago by annie, and suddenly its already fixed? It kind went in overdrive mode and as it normally produces vapors when its healing, because of the temperature, this time as it was healing a lot faster than it would normally do, I understand that the titan body will start burning because of all the pressure to heal it itself that fast. Sort of makes sense.

Also loved the part where mikasa throws annie back on the ground. "Annie, fall". Epic mikasa :)
Sep 30, 2013 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
That first punch that Eren lands on Annie is SO satisfying to watch >:3
Sep 30, 2013 6:25 AM

Sep 2013
i got stucked in the labyrinth of the feels after i watched last episode O_O

that's was great battle which was on the huge scale, more than SAO
battle of mainkind, battle of their destiny T-T
Sep 30, 2013 6:30 AM

May 2013
10/10 i read the manga defore watching this, but i have to say the adaptation is really good and the animation too.

10/10
Sep 30, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2011
thepath said:
This was really good ending. Nice fight between eren and FT

I don't care if they made some changes from manga. I'm not a manga reader.

5/5 for this episode. 10/10 for the whole series.

Good job, fan.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Sep 30, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2013
psychopath666 said:

About the titan eren on fire, I don't get all the hate. If you think about it it kind of makes sense. His face was just busted open a few moments ago by annie, and suddenly its already fixed? It kind went in overdrive mode and as it normally produces vapors when its healing, because of the temperature, this time as it was healing a lot faster than it would normally do, I understand that the titan body will start burning because of all the pressure to heal it itself that fast. Sort of makes sense.

The funny thing is how Eren prioritized the healing of his face over his lower leg. His lower leg was still missing after staying in 'fire titan' mode for a full minute. Maybe he loved his titan's unique set of teeth too much.
Sep 30, 2013 7:29 AM

Jun 2011
I was disappointed (at the series as a whole). A great story with nice music & visuals, ruined by awful pacing and plain boring dialogue/inner monologues. Would've been an awesome one-cour series.

Still it was worth watching and not a waste of time, so I'd say it's "average/10" for me.
Sep 30, 2013 7:29 AM

Feb 2008
Annie got messed up real good. And Stohess as wel... The scene where Mikasa cut off her fingers and gently bushed her to oblivion was priceless.

A great series indeed.
Sep 30, 2013 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
Nightmare2115138 said:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/09/29-1/attack-on-titan-blank-last-episode-end-card-posted-by-mangas-author
"Attack On Titan" Blank Last Episode End Card Posted By Manga's Author
*SPILER WARNING FOR THOSE WHO HAS NOT SEEN THE END CARD YET*
Nice!, I added some words to it LOL
http://ruttsu.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/6d98fdfe.jpg
Sep 30, 2013 9:06 AM

May 2013
Well, I found this disappointing.

I expected better.

Levi showing up and Eren's random rage was awesome. Just a shitty way to end the season.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Sep 30, 2013 9:13 AM
Jun 2012
RagingMan said:
Are people really giving the episode low scores just because they changed the order of things? Maybe just trolls.

Yeh ikr.. honestly... if they didn't change things it wouldnt feel like a season ending.
Sep 30, 2013 9:37 AM

Jul 2013
I'm going to miss this a lot, Saturdays won't be the same no more without Shingeki no Kyojin, damn... time to pick up the Manga, and wait for another season.
Sep 30, 2013 9:47 AM

Apr 2012
Lets see...
With anime we get:
- Eren eye gouges Annie, decapitates her head and arm then bites her nape exposing her.
- Annie's tears
- Levi makes an appearance to stop and save Eren.
- Jean hitting the crystal cocoon demanding/pleading with Annie to come out.
- End credit surprise with the thing in the wall was to set up the 2nd season.

with manga we get:
- Eren subdues Annie pinning her down then people try to get Annie out with farm tools.
- No Levi
- Instead of Jean we get some unimportant forgettable guy named keiji.
- Mikasa seeing the thing in the wall

I'm sticking with the anime.
Janethan23Sep 30, 2013 9:52 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 30, 2013 9:50 AM

Sep 2013
And now the wait has only begun.
Sep 30, 2013 9:51 AM

Dec 2012
Very bad ending, left a lot of loose ends. I guess it's an okay ending if there's a guaranteed S2, but if this is it, it's terrible. Call it shading or artistic license or what ever you want, Fire Eren was fucking stupid, and the reveal at the end of just ridiculous. That Wall-Titan just kind of popped through, no sound effects (Unless I didn't hear them), zoomed way in, and just really fucking stiff. It was like they spent every penny of their budget, and then paid for that cliffhanger with pocket change. Tell you what though, the church scene was fucking amazing, very satisfying.

Overall, It was pretty good, the series that is. There was a little ball-dropping going on, and some plot-holes, as well as pacing issues in some episodes and arcs, but I liked it as a whole. 7/10, very good, but not one of the greats.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Sep 30, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2013
i want a second season
Sep 30, 2013 10:03 AM

Sep 2013
i'm still wondering how they gonna introduce the wall priest guy without making it stupid... since they messed it up very bad at the end.
Sep 30, 2013 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
Janethan23 said:
Lets see...
With anime we get:
- Eren eye gouges Annie, decapitates her head and arm then bites her nape exposing her.
- Annie's tears
- Levi makes an appearance to stop and save Eren.
- Jean hitting the crystal cocoon demanding/pleading with Annie to come out.
- End credit surprise with the thing in the wall was to set up the 2nd season.

with manga we get:
- Eren subdues Annie pinning her down then people try to get Annie out with farm tools.
- No Levi
- Instead of Jean we get some unimportant forgettable guy named keiji.
- Mikasa seeing the thing in the wall

I'm sticking with the anime.

Except Levi not being there is important to the next 17 or so chapters so far...
That and they missed out Eren's team work scene with Armin and Mikasa, which is what I was looking forward to most.
Sep 30, 2013 10:46 AM

Jun 2011
The whole things just getting started.

Time for humans counter attack!

Was an awesome series throughout. Didnt had a boring episode at all.

10/10
Sep 30, 2013 10:49 AM

Oct 2011
Good final episode! Really enjoyed the series and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting a 2nd season. Eren and Annie's fight was great - loved Annie's flashbacks. Not read the manga so I'm not sure how I feel about the changes but I'm sure they've been done for a reason.

The crack in the wall at the end was very badly timed in my opinion, it seemed almost comical when I think it should have been terrifying. The amazing episodes that have aired make me want to give this a 10 but I think the few minor faults are making me think 9. Either way, really going to miss watching this every week!
Sep 30, 2013 11:06 AM

Dec 2012
Jotaro_Kujo said:
snip

Yeah tbh I feel what you are saying, but all I'm saying is, all is not lost. The last 2 episodes have definitely skewed the development of the plot and a few characters, Eren most notably. It would probably even require more additional content to rectify but for me these are still minor, can and probably will be fixed

Without spoiling anything, the final reveal is very significant in the followup Chapter, so they will have to find a way amplify its importance. The story can't really progress unless they do so. Hence why I'm not troubled with how they changed things

As for 24 I feel like I've said more than enough in it's discussion thread, but something about filler action serving as no purpose other than to stall time to make way for another obnoxious cliffhanger rubbed me the wrong way. This among various other things but 24 and 13 were certainly the low points in the series, but the flaws in the ep were seemingly ignored even by Manga readers

Also I'm not saying all Manga readers are bitching, rather singling out the people bitching about the smaller issues such as Eren emitting flames. It's not a big deal

Forgetfulness said:

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure all civilians either fleed or were evacuated from the area. There was no one around when the wall cracked. It's unlikely these people would stroll back to their half destroyed city before the police and army do
Sep 30, 2013 11:14 AM

Aug 2013
Deevos said:
RagingMan said:
Are people really giving the episode low scores just because they changed the order of things? Maybe just trolls.

Yeh ikr.. honestly... if they didn't change things it wouldnt feel like a season ending.

It actually may be more than that: several things were changed, including a lot of Hanji being edited out, as well as Armin also being swapped with Mikasa at one point. No Levi, Eren wasn't so 'EXTREME', such things like that...

I like Levi enough myself, but his not being there was actually an important point. The part with Annie crying was also different, although I don't mind that change so much.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Sep 30, 2013 11:28 AM

Nov 2010
Epic and brutal finale
The desperate attempt of the Female Titan at the end to escape was captivating

Plenty highlights for the show, like the wall being stormed, gun firing at the resupply bunk, the Death of Levi's squad and him passing by and more

This will certainly get a next run
Sep 30, 2013 12:41 PM
Sep 2013
Just like everyone else, my Saturdays will feel more empty.. I'M JUST GLAD A NEW SEASON THIS WEEK, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED SOULS
Sep 30, 2013 12:43 PM

Apr 2012
Amarrez said:
There's no justification for Eren being on fire. Even if it's a stylistic choice it's retarded and makes no sense. Why? Why did you set Eren on fire Mr. Araki?

Levi using 3DMG was beyond stupid.

The way they revealed the titan in the wall was utterly terrible and also makes no sense considering how that scene plays out in the manga. So, what, is everyone going to see it now?

The only anime-original choice I liked in the episode was Annie's meth addict face. That was really well done. Of course it was semi-ruined by FIRE EREN hopping about but that's just how things are I suppose.

All in all I'll give this adaptation a 6/10. Inconsistent.

Yeah suck it up Mangapurist NO ONE CARES.
I dont care what the manga is like the last episode was really awesome, and Fire-Eren almost made me give the anime a 10/10, still gave it a 9 cause the characters are kind of shitty.

Also I hate people that think that the anime has to literally be 100% the same as the manga. No one cares its a different medium, as long as its approximately the same they can go anywhere as long as its good. I will never compare a medium with another one, you have to judge the anime as if you had never read the manga.
Sep 30, 2013 12:58 PM

May 2010
End... i don't know how i'll wait for this 2nd season <O>

it was great, this last episode was epic (oh god the beginning with the dead because of eren..^^')

The only thing i didn't liked was when Levi stopped eren, not a big deal in fact

i'll give a 9/10
Sep 30, 2013 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
I wasn't a manga reader but I read chapter 33 after watching the final EP and I can really understand why most manga readers here are upset. I'm really upset too. This EP was so disappointing. The wall reveal was just a complete joke. I mean WTH they were thinking?
Sep 30, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2013
Oh and I read all the chapters after that. There is just no way I wait for S2. To be honest even after reading the manga there are still SOOOOOO many mysteries and questions needs to be answered. I still don't know why Annie has done all this. Ugh.
Sep 30, 2013 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
it was nice.
Sep 30, 2013 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
i really enjoyed this series as a whole and even this episode i kinda enjoyed too. i was pretty much lol'ing during the entire fight sequence though

"oh, right in the church! lmao" -me, during that church scene
Sep 30, 2013 1:46 PM
Sep 2013
hikoghert said:
Shuryou55 said:
DragonCactus said:
hikoghert said:
Armin also developed to be way colder in the anime than the manga. This greatly changes his relationship with Eren. His decision to leave Eren half conscious, impaled on a stick last episode was nonsensical and dismissive of the possibility that Eren could've died. Some scenes in the last episode that had originally been Armin and Eren were changed to Mikasa and Eren. Armin seemed less interested in Eren's well-being and more intent on blaming him for failing to capture Annie and using him as a weapon. This makes him more one-dimensional: his ruthlessness is taking over his entire character. Don't like it.

I think this is because Armin is beginning to resemble Erwin Smith in the manga. Since Erwin has to be cold-hearted and make ruthless decisions, I wouldn't be surprised if the anime decided to make Armin like this earlier. I don't like it either, but is it what it is.

This, surprised a lot more people haven't picked up on it. The anime definitely has downplayed Armin's friendship with Eren. In fact, if I didn't read the manga, by the end of episode 25 I'd say that Armin practically wants to use Eren merely as a tool. That being said, the manga is also starting to head in that direction as well. Armin also seems to really believe that to win, he has to give up something important. I wouldn't be surprised if later on in the series we see Armin actually sacrificing Eren to reach his goal.

Making it out alive /with/ Eren is his goal though. Armin hasn't really displayed interest in some sort of noble 'for the betterment of humanity' goal. His goals are to not to be a burden to his friends and to explore the outside world with Eren. Chapter 45 offered a positive reflection on their friendship and in the most recent chapter
so I don't think the manga is headed in that direction. It would be interesting though, because then there would probably be an Armin vs Mikasa showdown.

I hope so, but I have to say, the anime did leave a pretty bad taste in my mouth from their exchanges this episode. Depending on how much they consulted with Isayama, this may be a foreshadow to future events. I don't think much good will come of turning Eren into a monster. I can picture some near-the-end-the-series event where Armin's plan forces Eren into completely losing his humanity rendering him unable to turn back into a human. All that's left at the end is Titan-Eren's evaporating body... let's hope Isayama doesn't go that way. XD
Sep 30, 2013 2:08 PM

Oct 2012
I liked it but I was a little dissapointed too. The final episode left so many questions!

AND I wish there would have been more Mikasa in the episode!
Pages (34) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

652 by dopeplays »»
Sep 2, 1:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.