Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 24, 4:46 AM
Feb 2021
I like it very much. season 2 ASAP.
Mar 24, 5:19 AM
Feb 2024
it was so good!! season 2 isnt a need its a must
Mar 24, 5:20 AM
Sep 2016
Favorite scene in this EP: the last scene, mirroring the OP. Whilst the guitar tirando outro plays, a shot of every couple, in rhythm to the guitar tirandos. And then the title screen as the guitar stops... The scene parallels that in the OP. Don't know why, I just think the scene was realy cool....
uncleqrowMar 24, 5:24 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Mar 24, 5:28 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to kisaragi_eki
From the author after the last episode finished airing:

@kisaragi_eki wait, does this read "arigatou gozaimashita" ? I know the first shuwa is "a", the one with Kyouya is "i", and Rin's "ma". The rest I guessed by extrapolation from the context.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Mar 24, 5:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nice closing for having all the characters having their own ends. Kyouya x Rin having the most W with them kinda in engagement. While Shin x Emma seems like kinda being rushed here, but also glad to see them finally in a good relationship again after all the times, they were dating.

As for the last, Yuuki manage to get her passport ready to fly around the world with Itsuomi. Satisfying ending for this entertaining romance show. Not sure if i even need second season of Sign of Affection, since this is already concluded enough to me. But eh? More wholesome Yuuki can be great to get in the future, right?

Oishi/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 24, 7:05 AM
Mar 2022
It was an interesting ending
Mar 24, 7:06 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
They went all in on the romantic atmosphere this week! The floral spring scenery was absolutely gorgeous.

Itsuomi's reason for being so passionate about languages really resonated me as well. I was expecting all the build-up to eventually lead to a tragic reveal, but I was positively surprised. Itsuomi, at least as seen in the anime, is a great example of the fact that characters can be interesting, identifiable and relatable even without an angsty background. I would love to see more characters like that in media.

The small montage at the end wraps most existing plot points up in an open-ended yet satisfactory manner, but doesn't completely close off the possibility for a second season either – this was a great, well-crafted last episode all around.
Mar 24, 7:47 AM
Feb 2023
Cute. Made me giggle and stuff >>>>
Mar 24, 7:48 AM
May 2017
Reply to Memore
@SenseiSempai-san, what about Yuki? No chance for him?
@Memore Not happening. Until something affects negatively the couple, Itsuomi and Yuki are to remain boyfriend and girlfriend and future husband and wife and parents.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 24, 8:37 AM
May 2022
Good adaptation. But as a manga reader… they skipped the meat of the Emma and Shin romance and that’s a real shame. Low key feels like it isn’t getting a second season because of that. Either way it’s a good anime, I enjoyed my time with it. Really nice art style and colors and a sweet time overall. 7.5/10
Mar 24, 8:51 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to leonardobarba
@Memore Not happening. Until something affects negatively the couple, Itsuomi and Yuki are to remain boyfriend and girlfriend and future husband and wife and parents.
@leonardobarba, ok, thanks for the answer.
Mar 24, 9:09 AM
May 2022
Best romance anime I've ever seen!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 9:39 AM

Sep 2017
This was a rock solid romance that did a great job getting me invested as it went on. They could honestly end it with this finale. Basically all the cast got happy endings and there is nothing pushing the plot forwards besides slice of life. Still I'm pretty sure there is more so I'm looking forward to a S2 if one comes.
Mar 24, 10:22 AM

Mar 2021
"Ich will soccer" is so relatable when learning a new language XD

Aw it would've been so cute for Yuki and Itsu to kiss beneath the wisteria in the finale :P

Yey Emma not only accepted Shin's confession but also asked him out on a date! Now only Oushi is a single pringle lol
Mar 24, 10:30 AM
Mar 2018
A heartwarming finale!

It's great to see how much things have changed since the premiere: Yuki and Itsuomi are together, she has done some growing up, while we've gotten to know him more in-depth (which was my favorite part of the episode!); Oushi is more open about his feelings and less on the sidelines; Emma and Shin, and Kyouka and Rin are both a thing.

Can't wait to see what will come of this!
Mar 24, 10:33 AM
Mar 2021
Any idea which park in Tokyo they went to? I hear it’ll be wisteria season when I’m in Tokyo and I want to check this place out if it’s real
Mar 24, 10:42 AM

Nov 2013
and another anime ended :D

it's not everyday that we get to see an anime about a disabled person like this one huh
actually i think this is the only one i watched apart from the movie "silent voice" that goes with someone who can't hear/speak since i can't really include someone like Komi-san on that group

it also helps that she is super cute and all the other charas are pretty friendly (apart from Oushi, but even he is fine lol)

anyway, it was really nice to watch this one, can't be easy for someone with a disability to take the first step to make friends, get a job, learn stuff and all those other things that people like to do
it also helps her that she can read people lips or that she knows how to read/write so she can still communicate with people, and ofc, there's some that go the extra mile to learn her own language, like Oushi, his sister, Itsuomi, Madoka and her mother (tho that's probably because Madoka also lost her hearing)

i remember reading the author saying something about how this anime would touch the heart of many people, and i can say for sure it did that for me, thanks Morishita sensei
in that note, i hope to see other works from him being adapted tbh, if they all are as good as this one

anyway, one of my favorite anime this season, an easy 9/10 (maybe even 10/10 lol), i'd love to watch more
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 24, 11:29 AM
Nov 2022
Itsuomi is too much for Yuuki, personally I think he deserves someone better xd.
Mar 24, 11:43 AM

Nov 2013
Fluffy and cute show. I'm very happy this didn't focus on painful love triangles with unresolved drama for ages!

@LuisSV23
Itsuomi is too much for Yuuki, personally I think he deserves someone better xd.
That's not how love works, bruh.
Mar 24, 2:36 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
Fluffy and cute show. I'm very happy this didn't focus on painful love triangles with unresolved drama for ages!

@LuisSV23
That's not how love works, bruh.
@Sigmar-Unberogen
Yeah, i know xd
Mar 24, 3:18 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
My first shojo so I was a little hesitant on starting it, but I was happy I did. It was really good. Especially with Yuki being deaf it was a really nice touch 🙂 looking forward to a second season!
Mar 24, 7:22 PM

Dec 2016
Hmm. Kinda feel a bit dissapointed in this last quarter of the series.

The early premise was so brilliant in the whole concept of two people getting to know each other with sign language (the animation was pretty detailed and neat too). But I don't feel that the finale had a good climax to seal the deal. Itsuomi's revelation about his love for traveling wasn't really that interesting to me as finale material, it's something that should had been an important passage in a less important episode, not as the climax. Quite frankly I feel that Emma and Shin-chan should had been the spotlight rather tha just being a part of a montage with Yuki's friends and their love life.

This show was an easy high 9 in the beginning, I feel that this last episodes bump it down to an 8.5 in my books.
Mar 24, 7:48 PM
Jan 2024
Simplesmente incrível
Mar 24, 11:52 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
@SenseiSempai-san, what about Yuki? No chance for him?
@Memore Well Yuki is not into Oushi at least for now. Perhaps maybe in the future but it would take a major change in the story arc to do so. Perhaps it is easier to introduce another character to match with Oushi. That's how I feel.
Mar 25, 1:46 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to SenseiSempai-san
@Memore Well Yuki is not into Oushi at least for now. Perhaps maybe in the future but it would take a major change in the story arc to do so. Perhaps it is easier to introduce another character to match with Oushi. That's how I feel.
@SenseiSempai-san, maybe you are right. Still I hope for Oushi to be witj Yuki in the future.
Mar 25, 1:55 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
@SenseiSempai-san, maybe you are right. Still I hope for Oushi to be witj Yuki in the future.
@Memore yeah can understand how you feel. Perhaps some messages to the mangaka may prompt such scenario in the near future.
Mar 25, 1:55 AM

Feb 2021
@Memore yeah can understand how you feel. Perhaps some messages to the mangaka may prompt such scenario in the near future.
@SenseiSempai-san, it would be amazing!
Mar 25, 1:57 AM
Dec 2022
@kisaragi_eki thanks for the link. It is good to read manga from time to time.
Mar 25, 1:58 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
All get a pair except for Oushi. So sad. Hope that they announce season 2 and treat Oushi well!
@Memore let's hope so,
Mar 25, 1:59 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
@SenseiSempai-san, it would be amazing!
@Memore yes though it will change the entire sotry arc but we'll see how it pans out in the manga first before even talking about season 2.
Mar 25, 2:03 AM

Feb 2021
@Memore yes though it will change the entire sotry arc but we'll see how it pans out in the manga first before even talking about season 2.
@SenseiSempai-san, I wish Itsuomi happiness in love, really, but I can't watch Oushi sufferings.
Mar 25, 2:24 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
@SenseiSempai-san, I wish Itsuomi happiness in love, really, but I can't watch Oushi sufferings.
@Memore I get you but perhaps Oushi's suffering is part of him maturing and be more communicative effectively rather than being a surly person in Yuki's eyes.
Mar 25, 2:33 AM

Feb 2019
A pretty good ending. Although the first half was good, it didn't feel like a satisfying ending to a second season. I'm glad the second half did its job.

Yuki was, is, and will probably continue be the main reason why this show/story is so interesting. To be honest, I'm just okay with Itsuomi. Yuki is who's carrying the show here.

That girl who hangs around Oushi is kind of cute and might be a good partner for him in the future. And Oushi might be taking his first steps to become an actual interpreter, you go, man!

SHIN AND EMMA! THE SHIP IS SAILING! I'm so happy for them, especially Shin.

Also glad to see Madoka-chan in the flesh, and she has that fire like her aunt lol

Definitely hoping for a season 2, but I'm not sure whether it'll ever come. In any case, I'll put the manga in my backlog.

8/10. Definite AotS for me.
Mar 25, 2:46 AM

Feb 2021
@Memore I get you but perhaps Oushi's suffering is part of him maturing and be more communicative effectively rather than being a surly person in Yuki's eyes.
@SenseiSempai-san, you are right, but still it is painful to watch.
Mar 25, 2:47 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Shikkakku
A pretty good ending. Although the first half was good, it didn't feel like a satisfying ending to a second season. I'm glad the second half did its job.

Yuki was, is, and will probably continue be the main reason why this show/story is so interesting. To be honest, I'm just okay with Itsuomi. Yuki is who's carrying the show here.

That girl who hangs around Oushi is kind of cute and might be a good partner for him in the future. And Oushi might be taking his first steps to become an actual interpreter, you go, man!

SHIN AND EMMA! THE SHIP IS SAILING! I'm so happy for them, especially Shin.

Also glad to see Madoka-chan in the flesh, and she has that fire like her aunt lol

Definitely hoping for a season 2, but I'm not sure whether it'll ever come. In any case, I'll put the manga in my backlog.

8/10. Definite AotS for me.
@Shikkakku, that girl is Oushi's friend. I hope that he and Yuki will be together in future.
Mar 25, 3:02 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
@Shikkakku, that girl is Oushi's friend. I hope that he and Yuki will be together in future.
@Memore Isn't that girl that hangs around Oushi is his sister? Or I may have miss out something here?
Mar 25, 3:03 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
@SenseiSempai-san, you are right, but still it is painful to watch.
@Memore it is when one is rooting for Oushi.
Mar 25, 3:07 AM

Feb 2021
@Memore Isn't that girl that hangs around Oushi is his sister? Or I may have miss out something here?
@SenseiSempai-san, no, it is his friend, his sister is a girl with a short brown hair.
Mar 25, 3:07 AM

Feb 2021
@Memore it is when one is rooting for Oushi.
@SenseiSempai-san, not for him, but for his love, he suffers because of it.
MemoreMar 25, 3:19 AM
Mar 25, 3:09 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
@SenseiSempai-san, no, it is his friend, his sister is a girl with a short brown hair.
@Memore ahh ok. must have got confused by the two.
Mar 25, 3:09 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
@SenseiSempai-san, not for him, but for his love, he suffers because of it.
@Memore yes but maybe it is part of the whole story arc. The story and characters sure can connect with us.
Mar 25, 3:20 AM

Feb 2021
@Memore yes but maybe it is part of the whole story arc. The story and characters sure can connect with us.
@SenseiSempai-san, let's hope that Itsuomi finds another girlfriend.
Mar 25, 4:49 AM
Jun 2023
As always,unrealistic self insert shoujo with bad portrayals of deaf character.
Mar 25, 5:51 AM
Mar 2022
Johntyson31 said:
As always,unrealistic self insert shoujo with bad portrayals of deaf character.

dumb*ss the author already do lots of research before making a deaf character.
😐

kisaragi_ekiMar 25, 6:04 AM
Mar 25, 7:43 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
ahhh this anime was so CUTE i’m gonna miss it

a strong 9/10 from me. absolutely adorable
Mar 25, 8:57 AM
Jan 2021
I Love it so much!!!!! Season 2 please!!!
Mar 25, 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
Shin needs to change his hair again. The purple looked so much better.
Mar 25, 10:46 AM
Apr 2021
I LOVE IT!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Mar 25, 12:14 PM

Nov 2022
Got me a bit teary there ;)

Overall great watch, one of those feel good shows ^-^

Curious to see how Oushi's story will develop.
Mar 25, 7:34 PM
Sep 2021
Pretty good and wholesome. let just hope for season 2.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

109 by palainre »»
Sep 19, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

130 by Ittan_Momen »»
Sep 15, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Oushi hate ( 1 2 )

Raggy-_- - Mar 20

76 by TheNamelessGuy »»
Sep 15, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Phloup - Dec 31, 2023

343 by Rige1 »»
Sep 13, 8:44 AM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

19 by ANormalUser »»
Sep 11, 4:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.