Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2009
tingy said:

It was hinted that Chisaki had minor feelings for Tsumugu pre-timeskip, even Kaname noted it in this episode during his conversation with Chisaki. It just happened so that Chisaki was the only left of the surface and lived with Tsumugu, which only led to her minor feelings for him change into something more. Given this information, I don't see how it feels like Chisaki was forced to fall for him?

Yeah, could you please support this claim? Before the Ofunehiki event, there was not even the slightest hint that Chisaki had any feelings for Tsumugu. This was also the same for Tsumugu. Specific episodes and at its time point will do.
Mar 20, 2014 11:25 AM

Oct 2010
Thess said:
Zeally said:
Pretty much sealed Tsumugu x Chisaki. It is beyond obvious that her feelings have changed. Chisaki is just too stubborn to admit it because she feels guilty for abandoning the remnants of her old feelings for Hikari, moving forward without her friends there, and taking away Tsumugu from Manaka. She's been fighting it for many years. Pretty cool to see Sayu have a new beginning with Kaname. Now all there is to resolve is Manaka/ Hikari/ Miuna triangle lol (though I think Miuna is going to receive the short end of the stick :X )

ahhh Chisaki best girl with Sayu a close runner up.

She already admitted them. She can't accepted Tsumugu's feelings (begin relationship) because of she feels guilty about Manaka.
I even question the authenticity of this excuse. Kaname told her clearly that Manaka had nothing to do with it, yet she adamantly refused to believe him, and then looked away when he told her she was being stubborn. This tells me that she is just being stubborn, doesn't really believe Manaka likes Tsumugu, and is just looking for more excuses to not be honest with herself.

Manaka never once told Chisaki that she liked Tsumugu, so she's grasping for straws as far as I'm concerned.
Mar 20, 2014 11:30 AM

Sep 2010
Madara31 said:
Thess said:
Zeally said:
Pretty much sealed Tsumugu x Chisaki. It is beyond obvious that her feelings have changed. Chisaki is just too stubborn to admit it because she feels guilty for abandoning the remnants of her old feelings for Hikari, moving forward without her friends there, and taking away Tsumugu from Manaka. She's been fighting it for many years. Pretty cool to see Sayu have a new beginning with Kaname. Now all there is to resolve is Manaka/ Hikari/ Miuna triangle lol (though I think Miuna is going to receive the short end of the stick :X )

She already admitted them. She can't accepted Tsumugu's feelings (begin relationship) because of she feels guilty about Manaka.
I even question the authenticity of this excuse. Kaname told her clearly that Manaka had nothing to do with it, yet she adamantly refused to believe him, and then looked away when he told her she was being stubborn. This tells me that she is just being stubborn, doesn't really believe Manaka likes Tsumugu, and is just looking for more excuses to not be honest with herself.

Manaka never once told Chisaki that she liked Tsumugu, so she's grasping for straws as far as I'm concerned.

She has a survivor's guilt complex. She's not rational. That's the issue. She is using excuses to be UNHAPPY because she feels guilty.
Mar 20, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
Tony777 said:
tingy said:

It was hinted that Chisaki had minor feelings for Tsumugu pre-timeskip, even Kaname noted it in this episode during his conversation with Chisaki. It just happened so that Chisaki was the only left of the surface and lived with Tsumugu, which only led to her minor feelings for him change into something more. Given this information, I don't see how it feels like Chisaki was forced to fall for him?

Yeah, could you please support this claim? Before the Ofunehiki event, there was not even the slightest hint that Chisaki had any feelings for Tsumugu. This was also the same for Tsumugu. Specific episodes and at its time point will do.

I have to agree with Tony777, where are specific instances where there was hinted feelings. I mean, it could be entirely possible Chisaki did harbor small feelings for Tsumugu but I don't remember hints. I just remember the Ofunehiki happening and Chisaki crying over Tsumugu and being totally like: "why did she react that way?" and was caught off guard.

The only major interaction I remember between them was when she was talking to Tsumugu by the sea and he said something -I don't remember- and she ran away and was mad. Or early on when she told Tsumugu to like stop making Manaka like him, something or other can't quite recall specifically.
Mar 20, 2014 11:33 AM

May 2009
PetitFours said:
Sayu became a lot more lovable after five years. And the way Kaname replied was all nice and intelligent. Loved this episode, except Chisaki's logic was weird. Still understandable, but weird.

Same logic as Hikari uses.
Mar 20, 2014 11:35 AM

Sep 2010
kisschuu said:
Tony777 said:
tingy said:

I have to agree with Tony777, where are specific instances where there was hinted feelings. I mean, it could be entirely possible Chisaki did harbor small feelings for Tsumugu but I don't remember hints. I just remember the Ofunehiki happening and Chisaki crying over Tsumugu and being totally like: "why did she react that way?" and was caught off guard.

The only major interaction I remember between them was when she was talking to Tsumugu by the sea and he said something -I don't remember- and she ran away and was mad. Or early on when she told Tsumugu to like stop making Manaka like him, something or other can't quite recall specifically.

Episode 2, episode 4, episode 5 (where she opened up to him), episode 9 (where Kaname started getting jealous), episode 12 and episode 13 (Where Chisaki ignored everyone except Tsumugu in the end).

She was ready to move on from Hikari and then the tragedy made her feel guilty.
Mar 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
All disappointment in Kaname is now dissolved. He handled Chisaki and Sayu very honestly and maturely this episode. Props to Sayu as well.

Ahh that nostalgia scene with Hikari saying she'll understand after the Ofunehiki and that he'll be waving the flag, too much.
Mar 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2010
Thess said:
Madara31 said:
Thess said:
Zeally said:

She has a survivor's guilt complex. She's not rational. That's the issue. She is using excuses to be UNHAPPY because she feels guilty.
That's certainly the issue. She has a survivor's guilt complex, but for no reason because what happened wasn't her fault. She can't feel guilty over something she had no control over. Which means she's being irrational for no reason, and that's why I just can't sympathize or feel sorry for her, at least not anymore.
Mar 20, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2009
@kisschuu: I find the whole Chisaki x Tsumugu thing completely unconvincing. They have no chemistry aside from kitchen reorganization and talking about the grandpa, and her "feelings" prior to Ofunehiki were so underrepresented that they may as well not have existed. IIRC, she spoke and argued with him in a handful of scenes, and brushed her arm against him, and that justified a relationship between the two? What did Tsumugu even think about her prior to the time skip? The animators pretty much just tell us they like each other without showing us why. It's aggravating that a whole show based on developing the relationships of a couple kids would turn out to be this poorly done.
Mar 20, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
Im really happy for Kaname.Since this show started he never had any luck with anything.Sayu is awesome.No idea why people would hate either of them.
About Chisaki and Tsumugu...people say its Chisaki's fault and shes annoying, i ask what the hell.Yes, , shes overexaggerating things a little bit, but shes not that machine witout flaws.She cant say ''Hi Tsumugu i love you too'' and kiss him.Its not as easy as it seems, she still thinks Manaka loves Tsumugu, and also theres 5 years thing, its not easy to let past go like its nothing.Im sure everything will be fine after she speaks with everyone or Hikari gets with Manaka (...even tho i want Hikari and Miuna, its impossible).Kaname was awesome in scene with Chisaki as well - ''Dont worry about my feelings, tell me everything about how you feel'' - thats not what every person can say to person he/she loves.

Also, already 5 pages of comments.This show sure became popular compared to when it began airing.
Mar 20, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
Madara31 said:
Thess said:
Madara31 said:
Thess said:
Zeally said:

That's certainly the issue. She has a survivor's guilt complex, but for no reason because what happened wasn't her fault. She can't feel guilty over something she had no control over. Which means she's being irrational for no reason, and that's why I just can't sympathize or feel sorry for her, at least not anymore.

Many people can suffer survivor's guilt without a sound reason (the reason itself is irrational). It doesn't matter if you had control of the situation or not.

Mar 20, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2013
I am quite surprised. Most people started to dislike Chisaki after this episode. I found her annoying in the previous episodes, but after this one I can´t blame her anymore.

Am I the only one who thinks that they can understand Chisaki better now? We finally got the answer why she said that she stilll likes Hikari. I think it wasn´t a suprise that she ran away. She´s still a child in her head which means that she also doesn't react like an adult. She has to accept that she's an adult now and she needs time to accept this. Change was always a problem for her. Also in the first cour there was always drama because she didn´t want to change anything.

But my highlight in this episode was Kaname. It was heartbreaking to see him talking to Chisaki while knowing that he's also suffering, but still giving advice to the girl he loves. I am so so so happy that HE started to MOVE ON (from Chisaki). I´m so happy that he talked about his feelings (being scared because he thought there was no one waiting for him on the surface).
After the time skip Sayu is definitely the best female character because out of all the female characters she's the one who can think the most rational.
I hope that it will work out for her and Kaname in the future ;)!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Mar 20, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2010
Madara31 said:

I get what you're saying, but survivor's guilt complex is exactly feeling guilty about things she had no control over. It's the description, it's a mental and emotional disorder of those who survive catastrophes and war, Chisaki fits it to a T. Now this was addressed, she'll get better. It's a good thing it's FINALLY clear what's wrong with her. Now she can recover and cope.
Mar 20, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
fanshii said:
I WAS SO SURPRISED WHEN SAYU HASN'T RUN OFF AFTER THE TRAIN PASSED I LOVE HER ;_;

Because Sayu isn't the type of girl (*coughs* Chisaki,Manaka) to run off because she's "scared". She's a real woman.
Mar 20, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
LiMaKuS said:
Would be funny if Chisaki and Tsumugu will hibernates for 5 years

Would be funnier if it turns out Chisaki does not end up with Tsumugu. Man that's gonna piss a lot of shippers here and they're 100% sure she's gonna be with him.

That would probably piss people even more than when Mako didn't die in KlK despite the overwhelming "hints" and the number of people "predicting" it with 100% conviction.
Mar 20, 2014 11:47 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
kisschuu said:
Tony777 said:
tingy said:

Maybe hinted was the wrong word, but it could definitely have been inferred that Chisaki had some, as minor as it may be, feelings for Tsumugu before the timeskip. As you mentioned, the only obvious scene would be at the Ofunehiki when she saved Tsumugu, but it's not far-fetched at all to that Chisaki would end up liking Tsumugu if we look back at the first cour. People have already mentioned in other discussion threads that Chisaki and Tsumugu had a few interactions with each other. Chisaki was able to talk to Tsumugu about her problems more so than she did with her childhood friends, the first time being when she asked Tsumugu to be her sea slug, and then the other time by the sea. She had at least four one-one-one interactions (Thess gives you which episode) with Tsumugu prior to the timeskip that allowed her to warm up to him, and vice versa. I feel that these were very subtle hints that could just be brushed off as normal interactions, it's up to the viewer to believe whether or not they were really hints.
Mar 20, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2009
tingy said:

People have already mentioned in other discussion threads that Chisaki and Tsumugu had a few interactions with each other. Chisaki was able to talk to Tsumugu about her problems more so than she did with her childhood friends, the first time being when she asked Tsumugu to be her sea slug, and then the other time by the sea. She had at least four one-one-one interactions (Thess gives you which episode) with Tsumugu prior to the timeskip that allowed her to warm up to him, and vice versa.

Just because they have some kind of (talking) interaction does not mean either one developed feelings. Hell, your argument could be said for every idle conversation.

kisschuu said:

I just remember the Ofunehiki happening and Chisaki crying over Tsumugu and being totally like: "why did she react that way?" and was caught off guard.

After that episode, everyone thought the same thing. At least they should have.

Thess said:

Episode 2, episode 4, episode 5 (where she opened up to him), episode 9 (where Kaname started getting jealous), episode 12 and episode 13 (Where Chisaki ignored everyone except Tsumugu in the end).

I guarantee you are taking those scenes out of context in those episodes that you listed. I'll take a look again anyways.
ToilgameshMar 20, 2014 12:24 PM
Mar 20, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode,though only 2 more to go :(
Can't wait to see them :)
Mar 20, 2014 11:49 AM

Sep 2010
Someone's bitter now it's confirmed Chisaki doesn't love Hikari. ;)
Mar 20, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2010
Zeally said:
Many people can suffer survivor's guilt without a sound reason (the reason itself is irrational). It doesn't matter if you had control of the situation or not.
But to this extent? Chisaki is taking it completely out of context. She's not even a "survivor" because they didn't die. They're back but she's still acting this way. Even during the 5 years she knew they weren't dead, just hibernating. The only possible exception to that is Kaname. And I still don't see how she'd be betraying anyone from Shioshishio by loving Tsumugu. I now she'll (probably) eventually snap of it, but her stubbornness is beyond taxing at this point.
Madara31Mar 20, 2014 11:59 AM
Mar 20, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
Chisaki/ Tsumugu romance is actually the most interesting and complex out of all the other characters. The rest feel shallow as hell ._.

Mar 20, 2014 11:52 AM

Oct 2010
kawaii-despair said:
fanshii said:
I WAS SO SURPRISED WHEN SAYU HASN'T RUN OFF AFTER THE TRAIN PASSED I LOVE HER ;_;

Because Sayu isn't the type of girl (*coughs* Chisaki,Manaka) to run off because she's "scared". She's a real woman.
You just told the truth :P
Mar 20, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2011
Honestly, I was scared to watch this episode because of the way Kaname had to face Chisaki, but at least they gave him a fresh start with Sayu. Still sorry that he's always being left out of the four from Shioshishio, though.

I don't mind Tsumugu, but honestly still find it hard to see him with Chisaki :\
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Mar 20, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2010
Zeally said:
Chisaki/ Tsumugu romance is actually the most interesting and complex out of all the other characters. The rest feel shallow as hell ._.

I agree. I like Sayu/Kaname a lot because I love Sayu, and I'm fine with Manaka/Hikari, but Chisaki's got real problems that aren't magic-related that makes it interesting to see it enfold.

It feels more real than losing a feeling or 'hibernation' stuff as obstacle.
Mar 20, 2014 11:54 AM
Mar 2014
Too much focus on romance.

What about everyone else in ShiShi?
Mar 20, 2014 11:55 AM

Sep 2010
CrashClown said:

Tsumugu got this.
Mar 20, 2014 11:56 AM
Mar 2014
Thess said:
CrashClown said:

Tsumugu got this.

Doubt it. This show feels rushed.
Mar 20, 2014 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
Keilis said:
@kisschuu: I find the whole Chisaki x Tsumugu thing completely unconvincing. They have no chemistry aside from kitchen reorganization and talking about the grandpa, and her "feelings" prior to Ofunehiki were so underrepresented that they may as well not have existed. IIRC, she spoke and argued with him in a handful of scenes, and brushed her arm against him, and that justified a relationship between the two? What did Tsumugu even think about her prior to the time skip? The animators pretty much just tell us they like each other without showing us why. It's aggravating that a whole show based on developing the relationships of a couple kids would turn out to be this poorly done.

Oh I agree with you. I mean I personally don't like the couple so of course I may be biased in feeling this way but I don't think they really mesh together as well. If they are canon and those were supposed to be hints or whatever, perhaps it was just something that was supposed to be calm and subtle because that is kind of how their personalities are. I don't know, *shrug* Otherwise aside from that small idea, I think their relationship was entirely sort of last minute and just thrown together as well.

Ongaku008 said:
I am quite surprised. Most people started to dislike Chisaki after this episode. I found her annoying in the previous episodes, but after this one I can´t blame her anymore.

Am I the only one who thinks that they can understand Chisaki better now? We finally got the answer why she said that she stilll likes Hikari. I think it wasn´t a suprise that she ran away. She´s still a child in her head which means that she also doesn't react like an adult. She has to accept that she's an adult now and she needs time to accept this. Change was always a problem for her. Also in the first cour there was always drama because she didn´t want to change anything.

Oh I definitely thought she was annoying in previous episodes. After the time skip was when I started feeling a little more indifferent towards her. However I am glad that this episode did shed some light on Chisaki's "reasonings" toward her feelings albeit very weak excuses, to be honest.

I can see where she is coming from but I still don't think that can justify how she is acting..
Mar 20, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2012
Kaname real feeling were finally revealed in this episode. I am really happy for him and I hope that his relationship with Sayu really grows into something that by the end of this series I congratulate him on.

Great episode!!!
Mar 20, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode but it was all predictable from the last episode. With 2 episodes left, the groundwork is set for the end. There is nothing left that can be a shocker imo.

10/10.
Mar 20, 2014 12:22 PM

Dec 2013
First things first, and only because I need to get this off my chest:

Bahahahahaa! REJECTED!! Mr. Know-it-all totally deserved getting his ego taken down a few pegs. Even if we all know that Chisaki really does have feelings for him, and that they'll end up together in the end should no one die next episode, but seeing his mug when Chisaki pushed him away and lied to his face felt REALLY REALLY GOOD!

Ahem.... enough vindictive childishness from me..... back to being a somewhat mature sunovagun....

I was and always have been an advocate of Kaname as the tragic hero, I always took his side before, during and after the time skip. I hated all those Chisaki Tsumugu shippers going all "He's so immature", "He should man up and just move on", putting him out as a sidenote/annoyance to their preferred couple, literally ignoring him and all the other trash talk.
Behind Akira, Kaname is THE BEST male character in this show. This episode just proved it. He knew from before the time skip that Chisaki had never looked his way, first with Hikari, then with Tsumugu, yet he persisted again and again letting his heart get torn to shreds over and over and over again.
He never forced himself onto Chisaki, understanding in the back of his head that with her it would never work that way, and being selfless in sacrificing his own feelings at the beginning of this episode to listen to Chisaki (the heartless one) rant first about Hikari, then about Tsumugu, and then going so far as to offer his advice to tell her not to be afraid to love Tsumugu (even as she was flat out denying it herself), at the expense of his own feelings for her. For those of you bashing him, I ask you this, could any of you here do the same? To ENCOURAGE the woman/man you loved for your entire life walk on with another whilst you still had major feelings for her/him and be so goddamn nonchalant about it? I think NOT. Hell I probably wouldn't be able to keep my own cool in that situation. People saying Kaname redeemed himself this episode only really need to go back and re-watch the entire series. He's been like this since the beginning! Second-best MC!

As a fan of his character, I have to berate myself for thinking too much in terms of his romantic interests and not in terms of his other feelings (i.e. his loneliness and his lack of someone to love/care about him) until that heart-rending speech of his in front of Sayu this episode. Hikari had Akari's family, Chisaki had Tsumugu's family, and Kaname....? No one, none at all. His loneliness did not just stem from not having a SO to love him back, nay, it stemmed from a loss of familial love and support that one can only obtain from those close enough to be considered "family". He was literally crying for a Home since he'd come back from hibernation, and up till this episode had never found it, much less someone to look his way and care for him.
This is why I believe that this is seriously the best outcome for him, to receive knowledge that Sayu has been looking his way all this time, and that given he had always known that his chances with Chisaki were next to none, that he could start trying to look Sayu's way (with two episodes to spare I might add!). Nice guys finally don't have to finish last!

Everyone has been praising Sayu since the time skip, I gotta admit that I had my moments of doubt with her due to her pre-time skip character, but her single-minded dedication to Kaname, her intelligence and maturity in dealing with various problems that arise, and her fearlessness in admitting first to Miuna and then openly confessing to Kaname has won me over.
She is so much better of a character than Chisaki ever will be and I sort of can't believe I'm saying that I'm actually glad that she'll end up with Kaname in the end. It's like both her and Kaname have endured all that heart-rending unrequited crap for so long that I'm so damn happy for these two to be able to find that best someone that they actually DESERVE.

Chisaki, well, we all know she has way too many serious issues and more baggage than Paris Hilton on a weekend trip. She refuses to admit her feelings for Tsumugu, its simple as that. First her open admittance to Kaname that she was justifying her rejecting Tsumugu by lying to herself about being in love with Hikari (which Kaname being the bad ass character he always has been, openly tells her that she's lying to herself), and then trying to justify herself by arguing that she doesn't deserve to take what Manaka has her heart set on simply because of survivors guilt (which, again Kaname rejects the notion of and simply encourages her to admit her true feelings for once). Even though I used to like her semi-ditzy character, my opinion of Chisaki sorta fell through the floor after this "n-th" denial, and then the suicidal suggestion to herself that maybe she should sacrifice herself at the coming Ofunehiki, in front of the two people who love her the most no less.
Ever think about how the people around you feel?

She just showed a too much selfishness and immaturity. I'm finding it hard to admit that I see her as anything more than a pretty face and a nice body now.
Even though I am not a fan of the "I'm all knowing, have a solution for everything, and everything I say is right" Tsumugu (I truly loved the rejection, sorry to say), but at this point in time I'm feeling sorry for even HIM that he'll end up with her and have to put up with her crap for the rest of his life.

Now back to the "Tsumugu has a solution for everything". Say what? All he did was make a suggestion that may or may not work, I don't get why some of you are already calling him a genius. It's probably comments and praise like that which irks me the most and probably lowers my opinion of him even more than it should be.

His suggestion that they throw Manaka's pendant back into the sea and trick the Sea God into believing she came back might sound like a smart move, but if I remember correctly, the last Ofunehiki Akari was suppose to be sacrificed and in the end Manaka took her place. Do they really think that they could "trick" a Sea God into believing a pendant with some of Manaka's feeling is the actual representation of Manaka? Do they really think that just because the Sea God has been tricked, that he would just give her back her memories and ability to love, given the chances that on regaining her ability that she would fall in love with another surface dweller and leave him all over again? Even Uroko-sama was doubting the plausibility of the plan. If something goes wrong (and given its the second last ep, so something probably will, to be resolved in the last ep), then way to go genius Tsumugu!

You really gotta pity Miuna, she may not be as mature as most of the characters, and she may irk a lot of viewers, but her feelings for Hikari are no doubt as strong as Sayu's for Kaname. The sad part of this is that we all know that she will never getthe same amount of closure/resolution as her friend. I never pegged her for the sole "forever alone" character in this story, but as we near the conclusion of the series, my premonition for her fate is becoming more and more bleak.

Lastly, to my main man, Akira! You are 5 years old and already know more about love than 90% of the entire cast, and have no qualms about going for your target, even though she's 9 years out of your league. For your courage and your bravery at facing the rejection head on (with mommy Akari at your side XD), I salute you!

So in conclusion, I'm happy that Kaname (and Sayu) gets the ending that he (they) truly deserves, I'm beginning to care less and less about Tsumugu and Chisaki (mainly due to the later, though I never really appreciated the former much), and I await resolution of the final questions:
1.) Will Manaka get her memories back? and
2.) Will she finally end up with Hikari in the end?

Bring on the next episode! Can't wait to watch the flags and boats burn!
L-RyoshiMar 20, 2014 12:36 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 20, 2014 12:23 PM
Mar 2014
Ryoshi, write a book.

I'm jk lol.
Mar 20, 2014 12:25 PM
Jan 2010
new theory: Manaka becomes Ojoshi-sama again, comes back after another time skip then Manaka x Akira happens. 8D
Mar 20, 2014 12:28 PM

Sep 2010
Uroko is onboard because he'll likely merge back with the other scales now the time has come, the sea god will be complete again. Tsumugu just observed the circumstances and this is why Uroko acceded to help them (he refused to help last time).
Mar 20, 2014 12:33 PM

Dec 2013
Tony777 said:
tingy said:

People have already mentioned in other discussion threads that Chisaki and Tsumugu had a few interactions with each other. Chisaki was able to talk to Tsumugu about her problems more so than she did with her childhood friends, the first time being when she asked Tsumugu to be her sea slug, and then the other time by the sea. She had at least four one-one-one interactions (Thess gives you which episode) with Tsumugu prior to the timeskip that allowed her to warm up to him, and vice versa.

Just because they have some kind of (talking) interaction does not mean either one developed feelings. Hell, your argument could be said for every idle conversation.

kisschuu said:

I just remember the Ofunehiki happening and Chisaki crying over Tsumugu and being totally like: "why did she react that way?" and was caught off guard.

After that episode, everyone thought the same thing. At least they should have.

Thess said:

I guarantee you are taking those scenes out of context in those episodes that you listed. I'll take a look again anyways.

If I remember correctly there was a scene where Chisaki had to go to town with Manaka and Tsumugu to buy some robes for the Ofunehiki. Whilst in the shop, their elbows touched for half a second and her reaction was HUGE. Then on the train home (after his mom showed up and argued with him), Manaka fell asleep and you sort of got the vibe that there was an undercurrent of feelings between her and Tsumugu.

Then of course the most obvious one would be the great big hug before you drag your "best friend" Kaname onto the boat in the middle of the raging seas, leaving him to get thrown off and crushed by a pillar no less.

CrashClown said:
Ryoshi, write a book.

I'm jk lol.

Hahaha, yeah, I know I tend to over-analyse stuff. After that first post I couldn't believe 39 people had already posted before me

Maybe I should write a thesis on the feels of this anime.... eh XD
L-RyoshiMar 20, 2014 12:37 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 20, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
If I remember correctly there was a scene where Chisaki had to go to town with Manaka and Tsumugu to buy some robes for the Ofunehiki. Whilst in the shop, their elbows touched for half a second and her reaction was HUGE. Then on the train home (after his mom showed up and argued with him), Manaka fell asleep and you sort of got the vibe that there was an undercurrent of feelings between her and Tsumugu.

Then of course the most obvious one would be the great big hug before you drag your "best friend" Kaname onto the boat in the middle of the raging seas.

Yes. Kaname also noticed Chisaki's attraction in episode 9. The seeds were planted in episode 2 when Chisaki noticed Tsumugu as a great person and was asking him on behalf of "Manaka" to stop being so kind while she had a red face. Now we know Chisaki's always trying to deceive herself.

I think she was just noticing him and she was asking on her behalf. That's why she gets so mad at him in episode 4 like her feelings were hurt. That's the proper interpretation to those scenes, as intended by the storyboard makers.

Her attraction to Tsumugu began and conflicted her relationships like Manaka's attraction to Hikari made her guilty because of Chisaki. Kaname always felt like an outsider... which I'm glad it was acknowledged this episode. Admitting this is the first step to overcome it. Like Tsumugu admitted he's got issues to express himself to Miuna and now is working to overcome that.

It's Chisaki's turn now. Kaname, Sayu, Tsumugu, etc are have started to mature and struggle with their growth.
ThessMar 20, 2014 12:45 PM
Mar 20, 2014 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
Agreeing so heavily with how amazing Sayu is. And after a few episodes of kinda apathy about Kaname now I love him as a character and I am so happy for him and Sayu.

I understand people's frustrations re: Chisaki / Tsumugu but to me, everything feels like it's going how it should and they are reacting how they should and it just feels right. I feel deeply for all these characters and I hope nothing horrible happens in the final ep.

And, some people who said their theories are starting to worry me...

1. Hikari dies (like grandfather's tale)

2. Miuna and Tsumugu are sacrificed because of Manaka's Ena

3. Chisaki and Tsumugu hibernate while the others catch up to their age

Miuna replacing Manaka as the sacrifice is the obvious route at this point and it's the least devastating to me personally but I am so nervous about the other options people said. This anime makes me so nervous. I love the characters and the anime so much.
Mar 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2013
Thess said:

CrashClown said:
?

jiraiya_sensei

Wow I can't even make a joke? such almighty know-it-all douche..
Mar 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Sep 2010
Miuna and Tsumugu didn't get Manaka's ena. At least, in case of Tsumugu, the official summary says he developed his ena (and he didn't feel Manaka in the water alone unlike Miuna, but the sea god and a lot of people).

It's possible Miuna's ena is exclusively linked to Manaka's but it seems Tsumugu's not. Honestly, it's all about plot device. Miuna needed some Manaka related ena to find her. Tsumugu needed some weird sea god connection to infodump in this episode.

But whatever...
ThessMar 20, 2014 12:53 PM
Mar 20, 2014 12:50 PM

May 2011
I do feel more sympathy for Chisaki's situation after hearing what she had to say. Even though I can't say I agree with it. There are so many unknowns that changing up a relationship doesn't mean that friendships and other feelings will end. Of course, I also really felt for Kaname, I'm so glad that he was able to talk to someone. It feels like it has been awhile since I've felt happy for someone in this!
Mar 20, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
GlaringDream said:

Miuna replacing Manaka as the sacrifice is the obvious route at this point and it's the least devastating to me personally but I am so nervous about the other options people said. This anime makes me so nervous. I love the characters and the anime so much.

If Miuna leaves as a victim, it would be very cruel to her family and friends, including Hikari. It will be very sad
Mar 20, 2014 1:05 PM
Jun 2012
Awesome episode! It basically established ChisakiXTsumugu and KanameXSawa. So that leaves the Manaka<-Hikari<-Miuna mess.
Mar 20, 2014 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
LiMaKuS said:
GlaringDream said:

If Miuna leaves as a victim, it would be very cruel to her family and friends, including Hikari. It will be very sad

That's true! It would be devastating and I don't want it to happen. I was just talking about to me as a viewer (if that was misunderstood)
Mar 20, 2014 1:13 PM

Dec 2013
Hrm, nearly totally off topic, but whilst writing up my last in a long line of thesis' for this beloved anime, I realized that my playlist elected several old school songs which would have been totally appropriate for the characters situatoins prior to this episode. I'm talking AMV material.

Not gonna post the lyrics, but you guys can go find them for yourself.

Kaname to Tsumugu: Simple Plan - Welcome to my Life

Kaname to Chisaki: Simple Plan - Perfect World

Chisaki on her pathetic situation: Simple Plan - Untitled

Tsumugu to Chisaki (leaving for college): A1 - No More

Sayu to Kaname/ Miuna to Hikari: Jesse McCartney - Just so you Know

As I said, the songs popped up on random play just now....
Just an interesting coincidence.

Enjoy XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 20, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
Hrm, nearly totally off topic, but whilst writing up my last in a long line of thesis' for this beloved anime, I realized that my playlist elected several old school songs which would have been totally appropriate for the characters situatoins prior to this episode. I'm talking AMV material.

Not gonna post the lyrics, but you guys can go find them for yourself.

Kaname to Tsumugu: Simple Plan - Welcome to my Life

Kaname to Chisaki: Simple Plan - Perfect World

Chisaki on her pathetic situation: Simple Plan - Untitled

Tsumugu to Chisaki (leaving for college): A1 - No More

Sayu to Kaname/ Miuna to Hikari: Jesse McCartney - Just so you Know

As I said, the songs popped up on random play just now....
Just an interesting coincidence.

Enjoy XD

NO AMVS PLS
also simple plan sucks my 2 cents.

Mar 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
So happy for Sayu right now :D
KanameXSayu is a go!
Sayu is the bestt! :D
Dat ship sailing real strong.
Chisaki trying to fool herself..definitely in denial.
Should end up with Chisaki and Tsumugu.
The Ofunehki.. will the Sea god accept it or not..i
Mar 20, 2014 1:18 PM

Dec 2013
Zeally said:

NO AMVS PLS
also simple plan sucks my 2 cents.

Just saying, mate. And as much as you may hate the band, the lyrics really fit their situation (imho). Just my 2 cents ;)
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 20, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2008
I don't understand one point in preview...

Yeah, I already knew it!
But kinda have bad feelings...
Mar 20, 2014 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
LittleStar said:
I don't understand one point in preview...

Yeah, I already knew it!
But kinda have bad feelings...

It sounds inaudible to me. Hik-kun ga.......Sentence doesn't finish qq.

Just hope there is no ofunehiki trolling part 2 ._.

Mar 20, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
Sayu is amazing, confessing the Kaname like that, this episode was warm as fuck. Kaname may end up happy now? Chisaki, I don't feel like giving her a shit anymore. I haven't disliked a single character up until now because everyone's emotions are stirred up, but Chisaki is really starting to "bore me". Tsumugu... meh? Miuna->Hikari->Manaka <--- Getting mixed feelings here, because I'm starting to enjoy seeing Miuna more often. Overall most enjoyable episode in a while, it was so nostalgic, and warm.

2 EPISODE LEFT ONLY? OVA/MOVIE with 5 - 10+ years timeskip after episode 26 please.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

186 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.