The whole concept and story is for 13-16 year old boys

Well duh, it's shonen after all.
Jul 25, 2016 5:27 PM

Jun 2016
NightShadow1998 said:
I cant stand the art, its too childish
The whole concept and story is for 13-16 year old boys
The fans that always crying and curse when I dont like
Imo , sure it is not that bad but its TOO overrated!!
Company wants more money=There are 10000000 episodes of the same thing again and againwith slight diffences
how many episodes you seen to say that? I think you seen like first 3 episodes and done this anime is shit , right? You say that the company wants more money , Man for a good anime you need good story and for a good story you need episodes . If will Be a company that wants money that will Be naruto shippuden whit 50% of all episodes al fillers , i don't think One Piece have more than 30 fillers episodes of 750 episodes , and when they do fillers episodes thats bcs they reach the manga
Jul 25, 2016 5:43 PM

Dec 2012
It's simple. Because it's terrible.
Jul 25, 2016 6:03 PM

Jan 2016
From the few episodes I've seen now, I think it's a solid action adventure series. I don't see why people would hate it.
Jul 25, 2016 7:47 PM

Jul 2016
It's simple. Because One Piece is the Cristiano Ronaldo or LeBron James of anime.

The similarity:
- One of the most popular in their generation.
- One of the most successful ever in the whole history of their field.
- Costantly breaking records.
- Loved by many.
- Professionals in the field acknowledge the greatness, but many laymen don't.
- A little decline in performance would make it into headline.
- Constantly called shit or overrated by the jealous fans from other fanbase.

Well, you know how the wind howls wilder the higher it is in the sky.
Jul 25, 2016 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
I just see people refusing to watch such a long running anime not hate on it
Jul 25, 2016 8:51 PM

Jul 2016
Bezaliel said:
I just see people refusing to watch such a long running anime not hate on it

5 posts before your initial post. Tada! Congratulation on seeing your first One Piece hate post!
Jul 25, 2016 8:55 PM

Dec 2012
otterman965 said:
It's simple. Because One Piece is the Cristiano Ronaldo or LeBron James of anime.

The similarity:
- Loved by many.

That's a cute comparison. But it's still a fallacy and doesn't mean anything while being inaccurate all at the same time.
Jul 25, 2016 9:30 PM

Jul 2016
tsudecimo said:
otterman965 said:

The similarity:
- Loved by many.

That's a cute comparison. But it's still a fallacy and doesn't mean anything while being inaccurate all at the same time.

Speak clear English please. I can't understand your ambiguous sentence. Stop trying to sound smart to the point that you forgot to even structure your sentence properly.
Jul 25, 2016 9:41 PM

Dec 2012
otterman965 said:
tsudecimo said:

Speak clear English please. I can't understand your ambiguous sentence. Stop trying to sound smart to the point that you forgot to even structure your sentence properly.

How is this trying to sound smart lol? I'm saying your post is fallacious, inaccurate and is a meaningless comparison. I have no idea how to make that sound dumber or more clear. It was not that complex of a post..
Jul 25, 2016 10:07 PM

Jul 2016
tsudecimo said:
otterman965 said:

How is this trying to sound smart lol? I'm saying your post is fallacious, inaccurate and is a meaningless comparison. I have no idea how to make that sound dumber or more clear. It was not that complex of a post..

I didn't get how you said it's inaccurate. Inaccurate between what and what? The question with the answer? The comparison I made? Also meaningless what? The similarity I pointed out are totally legit traits which all three shared instead of something I pulled out of my arse.

Fallacy? Because I compared with things from other fields? Actually said it more clearly would make you look actually smart. Such unclear and ambiguous post made you look like a try-hard-to-be-smart instead. You need not to make it dumber because your post was as dumb as it can get. I need you to elaborate and make it clear, or say nothing at all.
Jul 25, 2016 11:59 PM

Mar 2014
RomanReigns said:
That’s what haters do. They hate because they hate their lives.

Jul 26, 2016 3:10 AM

Mar 2015
For me I've been marathon-ing One Piece like a madman and am at episode 410 after 2 weeks and a bit, and I have to say it's been enjoyable. It hasn't been perfect, it's had its annoying villains and episodes that felt like a complete waste of time. But in the bigger picture I enjoy watching this universe unfold and can't wait to catch up to episode 750 and the Gold movie where its currently at as I write this.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 27, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2015
I don't like one piece but I still watch it because I can't stop after having watched 700+ episodes. Still a pretty shitty anime though
Jul 27, 2016 11:49 AM

Jan 2015
I used to love OP I thought it was awesome and I loved the characters, but now I can't stand it.
After the time skip I thought the show fell apart but I kept watching but I finally stopped in the dressrosa arc.
The pacing is so bad, the fights were lasting like ten episodes and all the side characters were so stupid. After the time skip the show went from a 10 to a 3.
Jul 27, 2016 12:09 PM

Jan 2015
because it's boring and childish.
Jul 27, 2016 12:14 PM

Jun 2015
After Sabo crying for 15 minutes straight and Luffy crying for 10 minutes straight in the same episode I couldn't watch it anymore, the pacing is too slow.

Jul 27, 2016 12:18 PM

Jun 2015
DEVlL said:

Says the one with a character of Nagi No Asukara for their forum picture xD

Jul 27, 2016 1:22 PM

Oct 2010
because the show is pure cancer
story: a run of the mill shounen with repeating save nakama and local folk that we just met type of plot, the story progresses at a snail's pace with way to many flashbacks.

(and i also really hate how they make the characters constantly bawl in an attempt to get an emotional investment from the audience, because they sure as hell can't achieve that with their writing/story)

art: complete garbage while Toei always does a terrible job, the original manga art-style is uninspired and lazy, with characters looking deformed and ugly

Characters:
The main lead is basically a mentally handicapped five year old that has to constantly yell out his lame attacks name, he has no real redeeming qualities and is basically a completely blank character for brain dead preteens to project themselves onto.
The samurai: a wannabe badass with 3 swords, barely has any personality even after 700 episodes.
The long nosed one: the ugly comedic relief that's not really funny just annoying.
The deformed elk: the wannabe cute mascot character of the show who's also extremely annoying
Nami and Sanji are k i guess

Voice acting:
Horrible both the japanese and the dub, especially the main lead.

but those things are all irrelevant, there are many other terrible generic shounen series out there, the reason for the hate is the fan base, people like you.
Jul 27, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
Dragongirl002 said:
DEVlL said:

Says the one with a character of Nagi No Asukara for their forum picture xD

say it to my face i dare you
Jul 27, 2016 5:30 PM

Apr 2012
otterman965 said:
tsudecimo said:

I didn't get how you said it's inaccurate. Inaccurate between what and what? The question with the answer? The comparison I made? Also meaningless what? The similarity I pointed out are totally legit traits which all three shared instead of something I pulled out of my arse.

Fallacy? Because I compared with things from other fields? Actually said it more clearly would make you look actually smart. Such unclear and ambiguous post made you look like a try-hard-to-be-smart instead. You need not to make it dumber because your post was as dumb as it can get. I need you to elaborate and make it clear, or say nothing at all.

you are new here.. A little tip: tsudecimo is most of the time a shitposter, so just ignore him. We can all hope he has no internet in Sudan. ;D
Jul 27, 2016 5:37 PM

Apr 2015
I watched 7 episodes and I got bored. I'm not watching 100 episodes for it to "git gud"
Jul 27, 2016 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
It's simple dude.

It's big and popular.

My take: Unlike the other big 3 I respect One Piece a lot since the creator isn't a money hungry fuckboy and actually has a direction and focus for his tory. He also doesn't a good job of flushing out his characters and making everyone feel important.

I wish the creators of Bleach and Naruto took notes from him.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 25, 2020 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
Because they have shit taste.
May 6, 2020 12:35 AM

Oct 2019
Because people love to hate popular shounen anime and manga without even having watched or read them. I find that's the case with many people who hate shounen in general, not just One Piece. Of course, if you've actually read or watched it, then that's valid, since that's your own opinion. Just don't act as if you're speaking objectively. That's what annoys me.
Jun 14, 2020 12:46 AM

Feb 2015
Because every character acts as if they've been lobotomized.
Jun 16, 2020 7:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I don't hate it. I just dislike it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 17, 2020 7:28 PM

Apr 2014
Crimson_V said:
art: complete garbage while Toei always does a terrible job, the original manga art-style is uninspired and lazy, with characters looking deformed and ugly

Oda specifically wanted his series to look different from every other similar series out there, and he achieved it. It was criticized at first for being weird, but he stuck to his guns and over time, people started to appreciate the unique flair it had. Whether or not you like it, it's just wrong to say that it's uninspired and lazy.
Mar 20, 2021 8:45 PM

Jan 2020
Mal hates a lot shounen series

Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 994 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Oct 2, 2021

85 by str1x1-_- »»
30 minutes ago

» Best backstory in One piece (spoilers till ep 985)

Reckless_weeb - Today

12 by Reckless_weeb »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 558 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Znote - Aug 4, 2012

65 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:07 PM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 907 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Oct 19, 2019

67 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 7:59 PM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TechDragon - Oct 17, 2009

74 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.