Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2012 1:14 AM

Aug 2009
Candor said:

Yukiteru got laid before Kirito AND it was animated.

epic yt clip...makes me wanna watch it now
Sep 9, 2012 1:16 AM
Oct 2011
TensaiShonen said:
Candor said:

Yukiteru got laid before Kirito AND it was animated.

epic yt clip...makes me wanna watch it now
The awesome part is that Yukiteru is a whiny no-good boy, not your cool Kirito.
Sep 9, 2012 1:17 AM
Nov 2007
this episode feel weak, maybe it is because it doesn't have dramatic music whenever something happen ;0.
Sep 9, 2012 1:19 AM

Aug 2012
More than I expected! The episode was simply awesome! And by the way, we need a party next week lol

Its Marriage time! ;)
Sep 9, 2012 1:24 AM

Aug 2010
Kirito finally got his sexy time. Yeahhhhh
Sep 9, 2012 1:30 AM

Apr 2008
Fantastic episode, didn't care for the fact that he lost the duel, but the romance was great.
Sep 9, 2012 1:33 AM

Nov 2011
Ugh. Everything the last episode did to improve my opinion of this show was undone by this episode.
Sep 9, 2012 1:34 AM

Aug 2009
Dammit. you don't kill Iskander in unmanly fashion. If you put his face in something - do it properly manly.
Sep 9, 2012 1:38 AM
Oct 2010
Sicilian said:
Dammit. you don't kill Iskander in unmanly fashion. If you put his face in something - do it properly manly.
LOL, I hadn't seen the resemblance till you mentioned it. Now I can't get it out of my head... Poor Iskander.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 9, 2012 1:38 AM

Mar 2012
Vhaeraun said:
He fought for her because he felt like it. I interpreted it as a spur of the moment move. She's more than capable of fighting her own battles, but Kirito lost his head at Heathcliff's possessiveness ("If you think you can have her, fight for her" sort of deal)

I'm not so sure about that. I mean THE Kirito lost that fight, I don't think Asuna would do better.

Takana_no_Hana said:
What an emotion you have got there ... I haven't experienced it since the day I watched Clannad ... Actually I wouldn't expect Asuna to come and rescued him If I hadn't read the novel ... I might thought he was just gonna pull something out again to amaze the audience lol.

And yes we're gonna watch their honeymoon life in the next couple of episode.

Well, he doing something at the last moment was possible too.
And damn, I have to prepare myself mentally for that.
Sep 9, 2012 1:52 AM

Nov 2009
So much romantic progression for just one episode, phwoooooaaaaaarr.

Only now I'm worried because it seems like things can't progress any further. Which means they'll have to REgress. Which either means they'll have a big fallout or one of them'll die.
curiouser and curiouser :)
Sep 9, 2012 1:57 AM

Jun 2007
belatkuro said:
DeathfireD said:
What caused Kirito to red out when he was fighting the guild leader? Was that something in the real world that caused it or was that another special move/hack that the Guild leader had? I stopped at this part in the manga so I'm not sure if it was ever answered or not.
It was just a super-slow motion scene where Heathcliff's shield moved in an unnatural speed to block. Kirito's last attack was suppose to hit but it got blocked.

Copy-paste of that scene in the novels:

Thanks, that makes it seem less like it was a real world thing or a hack and more like Heathcliff just had a super move that blew Kirito's digital mind. The manga and the Anime seem to portray that last attack in a way that makes it seem like it wasn't Heathcliff's skill.
Sep 9, 2012 2:03 AM

Oct 2011
33 pages of rants and rages >.> i dont want to read this.

anyway, good episode overall, though i just wished they didn't compressed it too much in one episode.
Nope.
Sep 9, 2012 2:05 AM
Jan 2012
So. My first post on the forum. I must admit I've been kind of intimidated to post here because it seems in these sort of threads you get jumped on for saying anything.

So. I liked the episode. Liked being the key word. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. It had some good elements, but, as with the rest of the series, it has a bit of a problem with pacing.

But, I feel like saying that gets you hated, since all a lot of people seem to do is bash this series, or say that the adaptation is nothing like the original.

But, what do I know? I haven't read the original, but, I might, after seeing good feedback from it.

This show seems popular, but with good reasoning, I'd say.
Sep 9, 2012 2:07 AM

Aug 2012
fact_finder said:
33 pages of rants and rages >.> i dont want to read this.

anyway, good episode overall, though i just wished they didn't compressed it too much in one episode.

These are actually my first posts even though I'm a regular.

I was going to post after I watched the ep hours ago, but then I saw the torrent of posters and I'm like "Ahhh....maybe later."

There's no way to carry on a conversational thread when the forum gets swamped like this :p
Sep 9, 2012 2:10 AM

Aug 2012
shroudedindark said:
So. My first post on the forum. I must admit I've been kind of intimidated to post here because it seems in these sort of threads you get jumped on for saying anything.

It didn't used to be this way.

I just figure it's because all the other series must suck.

I just watch Campione and SAO - both are excellent IMO but SAO has been swamped by newcomers recently, many of whom say it sucks....SO WHY ARE THEY COMING HERE?!
Sep 9, 2012 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
The best episode so far :D
Sep 9, 2012 2:15 AM

Jan 2012
Jerrychiang said:
shroudedindark said:

It didn't used to be this way.

I just figure it's because all the other series must suck.

I just watch Campione and SAO - both are excellent IMO but SAO has been swamped by newcomers recently, many of whom say it sucks....SO WHY ARE THEY COMING HERE?!

Well people like them never think about stuff like that when they start bashing a series
Sep 9, 2012 2:18 AM

Dec 2010
shroudedindark said:
Try reading the novels in release order. You might enjoy them more.

Also get dat 16.5 for glopp goodness and laughs
Sep 9, 2012 2:18 AM

Jul 2007
uhh I almost have forgotten the amount of faggotry that goes on in episode threads of light novel adaptations. "Baawww, they did not adapt page 4 paragraph 2, where _____ happens".

Seriously, unless the studio COMPLETELY butchers the adaptation(like it happened with Shana) or takes a complex and interesting character and turns him into blubbering idiot (like DEEN did with Shirou), expecting for a studio to adapt 1000% of your precious VN is delusional. So far they have done quite a stellar job with this adaptation, it seems, and nothing that impotant has been cut. The pacing is even, the emotional impact is there, etc.

Also as far as I remember the VN-related rants SHOULD be in spoiler tags so anime-only watchers are NOT annoyed and infuriated by the rampant spoiling that has been going on in this thread? Seriously, NO ONE cares about your precious hints and vast knowledge of source material. This is not a thread for that and the amount of rampant novel-reader Elitism is what keeps normal posters away from episode threads.

And seriously, was there NOTHING else worthy of discussion in this episode apart from "did they or did they not"? The episode had a fight with quite a good animation and interesting plot twist (the freeze scene and what the hell was that), as well as a complete psycho, murder and shipping-stuff. And the major discussion that is going on is about sexual intercourse of anime characters? Only in MAL....
Sep 9, 2012 2:39 AM

Feb 2012
Jeez, guys, do you realize what you have been doing for 34 pages?

As for the episode:
Bastard Kuradeel deserved to die, why did Godfree have to die, I liked him for the short time he was there.

Kirito and Asuna fucked, no question.
Sep 9, 2012 2:41 AM

Aug 2012
well that escalated quickly...

the biggest problem I got so far with this anime is that it's too rushed, which kinda ruins it... slow the f*ck down :/
Sep 9, 2012 2:47 AM

Sep 2012
They gave Iskander Godfrey like 3 minutes of screentime then he died :/

Also, Kirito, if a girl offers you the sex, you take the sex.
Sep 9, 2012 3:03 AM

Feb 2012
The thing i don't like about this episode is how up until now kirito was talked up as the strongest character and now boom,he was beaten in 2 hits.And he was basically thrown into a clan he did not like in the first place.
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Sep 9, 2012 3:05 AM

Feb 2012
Fai said:
uhh I almost have forgotten the amount of faggotry that goes on in episode threads of light novel adaptations. "Baawww, they did not adapt page 4 paragraph 2, where _____ happens".

Seriously, unless the studio COMPLETELY butchers the adaptation(like it happened with Shana) or takes a complex and interesting character and turns him into blubbering idiot (like DEEN did with Shirou), expecting for a studio to adapt 1000% of your precious VN is delusional. So far they have done quite a stellar job with this adaptation, it seems, and nothing that impotant has been cut. The pacing is even, the emotional impact is there, etc.

Also as far as I remember the VN-related rants SHOULD be in spoiler tags so anime-only watchers are NOT annoyed and infuriated by the rampant spoiling that has been going on in this thread? Seriously, NO ONE cares about your precious hints and vast knowledge of source material. This is not a thread for that and the amount of rampant novel-reader Elitism is what keeps normal posters away from episode threads.

And seriously, was there NOTHING else worthy of discussion in this episode apart from "did they or did they not"? The episode had a fight with quite a good animation and interesting plot twist (the freeze scene and what the hell was that), as well as a complete psycho, murder and shipping-stuff. And the major discussion that is going on is about sexual intercourse of anime characters? Only in MAL....

Lol, it's still quite amusing to read the threads.
You only have this much fun on MAL. :3

bluedragon777 said:
The thing i don't like about this episode is how up until now kirito was talked up as the strongest character and now boom,he was beaten in 2 hits.And he was basically thrown into a clan he did not like in the first place.

Huh? It was an even fight. The dual is about getting the first clean hit. Guild leader-sama won in that aspect.
Sep 9, 2012 3:07 AM

Aug 2009
Vizi_Reality said:

and the rating is back to when It was ep 1 or 2

show some skin, make it that sex was implied and you'll have a hit rating as per what the discussions seem to iterate in this thread

"oh wow, Kirito lost, Heathcliff is on Hax, Cradil is one sinister dude" - 10 pages

"How come there's no glopping scene?" - 24 pages
Sep 9, 2012 3:09 AM

Feb 2009
This episode was really cute. I love that Asuna and Kirito are together now. :D
Sep 9, 2012 3:15 AM
Oct 2011
this is entirely what i try waiting for whenever there's a main male and female character who share a certain relationship..

By far...this one is probably the best one and the one ive most anticipated watching anime.

I straight up love this episode. This is now my favorite episode...of all time.
/man tears activate
Sep 9, 2012 3:36 AM

Jul 2011
Wtf?! 34 pages already ?!
Stark700 said:
So many kisses this week in anime:

Spoilers if haven't seen the latest episodes but kisses in following series:

Exactly what I was thinking, dat week...
Sep 9, 2012 4:07 AM

Jul 2012
I've read the LN, and could not wait till this one. "Will you marry me". Shoot me for being a hopeless romantic, but being married to my best friend for over 26 years, I love it when people come together. You keep protecting each other.
Sep 9, 2012 4:08 AM
Jul 2018
lol that guy's a cheater. I wonder if kirito can hack the game lol
Sep 9, 2012 4:15 AM

Jun 2010
TaiNuWin said:
-MgZ_ said:

I agree with almost every aspect of what you said mah brudda. They totally skipped out a lot of crap that should have been clarified, but i wouldn't go as far as to say it's a disappointment. I know inside that you thought the episode was...ehh slightly heart-warming and cute cuz I sure did !

Well yeah. In the inside, Im kinda happy to see the episode too. Im glad you understand me :D

Yumekichi11 said:
LN/Doujin spoiler:

Reply to spoiler:
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:22 AM
Sep 9, 2012 4:26 AM

Aug 2012
Very good episode this week, they covered a lot this episode and Kirito let out 2 years worth of semen ;)

Can't wait till the next episode for YUI!!! :D
Hi...
Sep 9, 2012 4:28 AM

May 2008
Omg loved the development!
Getting married! WOT!
Sep 9, 2012 4:32 AM

Sep 2012
Wondering why the godmode leader didn't beat all bosses yet ._.

Although they made it pretty clear he knows a way to cheat/hack the game with that time freeze crap.
DELiTOSep 9, 2012 4:46 AM
Sep 9, 2012 4:33 AM

Oct 2009
Best Episode! Now I need to buy the novels, can't wait for reading them!
Sep 9, 2012 4:52 AM
Apr 2011
Fiji said:
Well, I am not a LN reader... I don't know which parts they cut.
But if they did, I guess it is virtual? Hehehe.

Human touch is quite possible, well, virtual touch at least, the NERVgear simulate the feeling of being touched, but some things are prohibited by default - however deep in the options there is an "Ethics Code", turning it off basically makes sex possible, at least the virtual counterpart with the corresponding emotions and feelings... yeah, the game designer thought of everything ^^
Sep 9, 2012 4:56 AM
Apr 2011
mystik said:
...and now he lost a hand? GULLIBLE IDIOTS. well I guess he can't dual weild WITH 1 HAND. GOOD JOB ASUNA.

oh hey dat kiss. wtf his arm grew back? that's convenient. .. wasn't it just an episode ago she didn't want to get married? oh well, not like it's real marriage I guess.

Don't forget, it is a game. Basically an amputated hand is a debuff, a critical wound, so just cure it and your hand is back. Typical game behaviour. The game designer could have made it permanent, sure, but it is after all his decision: it is a game after all. It doesn't have to make sense in real-life logic since it is not real-life.

Actually marriage in the game is far more than marriage in real-life. Actually sharing everything, an entirely shared inventory space, that is far more than just living in the same house.
Sep 9, 2012 5:01 AM

Jul 2011
Anyway, if they really did have sex, why the hell Kirito was dressed ??
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:26 AM
Sep 9, 2012 5:06 AM

Oct 2010
well, that was a bit strange, i wasn't expecting some thing like this

iQQsohard said:
Lol I already know where the story is leading to from reading the light novels... Unless you read it, everything from this point on will be a shocker. LOOOL

wow, ok, you are now responsible for this series letting me down if i don't get a shock type thing
Sep 9, 2012 5:07 AM

Jun 2010
aiNkyy said:
-MgZ_ said:
Yumekichi11 said:

LN spoiler:
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:27 AM
Sep 9, 2012 5:07 AM

Jul 2009
aiNkyy said:

NOTTO DISU SHITTO AGAIN.
Post 303
Sep 9, 2012 5:10 AM

Jul 2011
@-MgZ_ @sbg711
LN question:
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:27 AM
Sep 9, 2012 5:13 AM

Jul 2009
@-MgZ_ @sbg711
LN question:

I read the LN a while back, and I have a short term memory.
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:28 AM
Sep 9, 2012 5:13 AM

Jun 2010
@-MgZ_ @sbg711
LN question:

LN spoiler:
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:28 AM
Sep 9, 2012 5:18 AM

Jul 2011
@-MgZ_ @sbg711
LN question:

LN spoiler:

Understood. Well, for sure the producers haven't made it very clear for us, unfortunately.
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:29 AM
Sep 9, 2012 5:52 AM

Jun 2010
Congrats to Kirito and Asuna! ^^
Sep 9, 2012 5:59 AM

Aug 2009
so yeh...i like how Kirito proposes to Asuna....first guy to man up in a long while outside of josei anime
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:30 AM
Sep 9, 2012 6:12 AM

Jan 2010
I don't know what everyone was complaining about. Sure, the animations were weird but the facial expressions were priceless. Not to mention that kiss was CUTE!
Sep 9, 2012 6:14 AM

Oct 2010
-MgZ_ said:
Yumekichi11 said:
LN/Doujin spoiler:

Reply to spoiler:
It's not. This is the 16.5 chapter manga type. The LN version, that I have no idea. I though the manga followed like it was in the LN?

Mod Edit: Please discuss the rest in a separate thread, not here.
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:33 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Pages (26) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2012

777 by ssafin »»
Yesterday, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 15, 2012

903 by stverc »»
Jun 21, 5:13 AM

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 3 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

106 by Owlblocks »»
Jun 21, 12:04 AM

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

20 by Swyzen »»
Jun 14, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
Jun 6, 7:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.