Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 9, 2019 4:15 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, I didn't expect to shed a tear, but I did. Just shows how beautiful this conclusion was.

Olgas confession was certainly a great moment, but my highlight was Claudio subtly accepting and returning Nicolettas feeling. You're in luck, then. So simple and powerful. I also loved how carefree both seemed while they were strolling over the market. I'm sad that there aren't more episodes, but this was imo a perfectly fitting conclusion for a light hearted and natural series such as Ristorante Paradiso. It gave closure without feeling all too different from the other episodes, more than well done.

Overall definitely more than just a pleasant surprise. I expected to like this and the first few minutes solidified it for me. The atmosphere was so warm and charming, there was drama, but it never really devaited from the nature of the series. And never have I seen such a loveable cast mainly consisting of middle aged men.

Another top tier Josei title for my list :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2019 10:59 AM

Dec 2015
I really liked the ending; from Olga making the big reveal to Claudio subtly returning Nicolettas feelings, everything just turned out well. Bumping this up to the final score of 8/10!
Jul 7, 2019 5:08 PM

May 2015
Really love the show, relaxing and just cheerful. I enjoyed that most of the characters were older. Everyone was charming and had their own flair. Watching it really made me want to drink wine, and be served by older gentlemen with glasses.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Aug 15, 2019 11:06 PM

Jul 2016
what a nice ending. I loved these characters. They aren't overidealized. They are a lot of unhappy people with moments of happiness. That's what life is! :)
Feb 23, 2020 11:58 PM

Sep 2014
Really nice last episode. Happy Olga finally admitted about Nicoletta being her daughter, I take back all the mean things I said about her.
I ship Nicoletta & Claudio
THIS show made me have some kind of interest in older men (lol) like Claudio is sexy haha
May 22, 2020 3:37 PM
Sep 2019
I love this series of anime, because it's show something abt love but in a different and mature way. Although I think Claudio were too old for Nicoletta, I still like that in the ending they're finally get the better way. At the first time, I think it's strange to see an anime abt old men, but actually I got interested too! The OST and BGM are also nice. I rarely find jazzy music in animes.
Nice!
Feb 13, 2021 10:33 PM

Feb 2012
It was a fine series, but many scenes were so slow with nothing happening, not even dialogue, that it brought it down a notch. I'd like to see more anime like this, with working life and adults, but this seemed to me quite an average example of the genre. It's even a bit funny how often adulthood in anime means drinks after workday, fluffy relationship drama, smoking and a jazzy soundtrack. Maybe that reflects the Japanese society, I don't know.

This particular series had an unusual setting as it took place in Rome. From what I know of Italy, this reminded me more of Italian movies or soap operas rather than actual Italian life. And as a little fantasy piece it was okay. If this didn't happen to be a genre I quite enjoy, I doubt I would have liked the series much.

For obvious reasons, I was reminded of the anime Bartender, not only because of the setting. That series, though it has currently the same score on MAL, I found much more enjoyable, the stories more interesting, so I'd recommend checking that out if you enjoyed this.
Sep 25, 2022 10:18 PM
Feb 2021
The story was beautifully written, the topic of food was set aside to make space to the interactions with the characters, the conflict wasn't solved completely.
I would have liked to see more work on this beautiful anime.
Nov 17, 2023 1:35 AM

Sep 2018
Slow paced, meticulously detailed, Italian fine dining, romantic interests, tranquil atmosphere, pleasantries and forming connections. Real good cast of characters.

On the other hand, it is a not so subtle fetish show targeted at young women with certain interests/fantasies. Also, the way this show casually addresses big elephants in the room, feels a little alien, like it's trying too hard to force atmospheric maturity on you. 6/10.
Dec 10, 2023 11:52 AM

Aug 2011
A decent anime with a great OST and characters.

I wasn't too thrilled with the history of the mother/daughter relationship. I think Olga's excuses were just that - excuses and not good ones at that.

Claudio and Nicoletta was a mismatched pairing; I think I prefer them as friends. Age aside, I'm talking personalities. I feel Nicoletta needs to mature more, but hell - look at her mother. That may take a while.

The highlight of this anime was the mature men, who seemed to be more well-developed than the women characters.

Tsuyu_no_InochiDec 10, 2023 12:00 PM
Apr 23, 2:24 PM

May 2015
Olga is one lucky woman, she got off too easy for all the lying and neglecting her daughter, but I'm glad she at least confessed. Very enjoyable series overall, I liked getting to know each character and the relaxed atmosphere. Would have preferred to see more of how Claudio and Nicoletta's relationship develops, but oh well. They are off to some start with no past burdening anymore, so it's alright.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 8 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 4, 2009

31 by Ten »»
Apr 23, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 4 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 7, 2009

34 by Ten »»
Apr 23, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Anomalous - Apr 8, 2009

70 by Ten »»
Apr 23, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 5 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 14, 2009

28 by Cazqui-09 »»
Sep 22, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 6 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 20, 2009

21 by cornonacob »»
Sep 1, 2021 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.