Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2009 7:45 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yet another great little episode, this time about a birthday party for Luciano's grandson, that is more of a surprise for Luciano. There were more great scenic shots of Rome, and a lot more Italian spoken, including the Italian version of the "Birthday Song". (I actually found it a little disorienting to be listening to Japanese and then suddenly get switched into Italian... LOL)

Once again, a little bit of typical Italian culture got missed here by the Japanese writers - little Francesco didn't hung his mother or his nonno, nor any of his other relatives who showed up.

And as usual the BGM was great for this episode. I ought to see when the OST will be released, if it hasn't already been.
May 27, 2009 9:28 PM

Nov 2007
ED was Hikikatari ver.

dbaranyi said:
I ought to see when the OST will be released, if it hasn't already been.

According to this link, OST will release on June 3.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 30, 2009 2:56 AM

Mar 2009
I love this episode. Francesco is too cute.
Once again, this episode is a wonderful exposition of character development. It's like we're getting to know each of the cast in a small intimate way, revealing tiny bit and pieces of their lives. It's wonderful and charming. The bgm is winsome too. I love the insert song they used in this episode. Looking forward to the OST as well.
May 30, 2009 8:15 AM

Apr 2009
dbaranyi said:
Once again, a little bit of typical Italian culture got missed here by the Japanese writers - little Francesco didn't hung his mother or his nonno, nor any of his other relatives who showed up.

Not only that, but italian kids are neither so polite neither so calm...Standing at the table? Not running everywhere? This is not precisely italian culture... It's more like Italy filtered by japanese culture! Furthermore, they keep making mistakes in italian grammar, this time there's one on a book when Luciano seeks a present for Franci.

Other than that, good episode, this series is highly understimated. Fav moment: when Luciano books the cake, he has that look you have when you watch something but think about something else... Wonderfully drawn.

On final note: the pronunciation on the "Happy Birthday" song was almost perfect!
May 30, 2009 11:11 AM
Feb 2008
Ooo next episode looks interesting ,I'm really curious about Claudio's past ^^ plus I think we'll going to see something pretty touching .

Anyway every time I watch this anime I feel relaxed ,even thought the story isn't that extraordinary I really enjoy watching this :D
May 31, 2009 4:11 AM

Sep 2008
What a lavish birthday party for a 9 year old.

*sighs* Lucky!
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
May 31, 2009 4:43 AM

Oct 2007
Grazie -> Crazy

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 31, 2009 3:35 PM

Apr 2009
Siva said:
Grazie -> Crazy

Yeah it resembles it... I hate "primo piatto" or "piatto dolce" more, though... :P
Jun 1, 2009 2:18 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode. I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered by the portrayal of Italian culture and the Italese dialogue. I'm looking forward to the next one though.
Jul 22, 2009 6:43 PM

Apr 2009
Ah, I see (knows nothing about Italian culture.)
Well, I guess it was a nice, mellow episode. I see Franci can see something's going on between Nicoletta and Claudio. :)
Oct 19, 2009 6:11 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, wish I would have been treated to such a Birthday party at that age!
Oct 27, 2009 2:44 AM

Feb 2009
I enjoyed this nice and simple episode. I continue to be impressed with the music and the quality of drawings in this anime. Watching the anime style characters walk across these beautiful backdrops is amazing. I love how the backgrounds have the brushwork look of a painting. It reminds me of my AP Art History class back in the day. The fusion of japanese and european style drawings really is a great and unique combination.
Mar 4, 2013 12:39 PM
Aug 2011
Well that was a wonderful birthday.

Desirio said:
Not only that, but italian kids are neither so polite neither so calm...Standing at the table? Not running everywhere?

This not only applies to Italian kids but lots of kids worldwide around that age would not just sit there at the table all quietly.
May 15, 2014 11:50 AM

May 2012
A pretty general episode, was quite lovely!
Jul 7, 2014 3:49 PM

Nov 2010
This made me blushingly smile like an innocent kid. Teehee
Aug 2, 2015 3:00 PM

Mar 2014
Their pronunciation when they sang the birthday song was almost perfect

I'm impressed
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 13, 2019 8:34 PM

Jul 2016
I LOVED this episode....Nicoletta has finally become totally comfortable and is living her own life in italy. Getting to know more people...her having girlfriends is really nice.

The one thing I didn't understand about this episode was why did they keep the party a secret from Lucio (or whatever the old guy's name was). I THOUGHT they were giving a party for HIM too but it wasn't really that.

And why was it bad for Lucio to see Nicoletta and Claudio out on the town on their day off?

Something didn't fit with the logic. I'm obv missing something

Apr 7, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2016
I wish I had staff as great as them at my birthday parties xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2019 12:59 PM

Dec 2015
What a mellow and pleasant episode, really liked this one.
Dec 1, 2019 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
Gigi doing a juice tasting for the children made me smile so much.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 25, 2009

60 by Ten »»
Apr 23, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 8 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 4, 2009

31 by Ten »»
Apr 23, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 4 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 7, 2009

34 by Ten »»
Apr 23, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Anomalous - Apr 8, 2009

70 by Ten »»
Apr 23, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 5 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 14, 2009

28 by Cazqui-09 »»
Sep 22, 2023 9:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.