Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 2009 9:31 AM

Apr 2009
I loved this episode. Finally, some action. ^___^

*sigh* I wish they would just make a new season or a remake and follow the manga.

Jun 4, 2009 6:59 PM

Sep 2008
*sigh* Its just like in the manga!!!........
Jun 6, 2009 12:31 AM

Feb 2009
I'm also not huge on manga but I'm planning on catching up with this series at least. I was always skeptical about the actual Tsubasa Chronicles series because it came off a lot like CCS in the sense where there's not much violence, no blood, and not much to look forward to. The series proved my doubts.

Redemption came in the form of the first OVAS and I suppose these two episodes are still several notches above the series as a whole, thanks to changes made with producers.

However, I still didn't understand a lot (and had to read up about it elsewhere). It feels kind of weird watching what was supposed to be a continuation of the last OVA but not completely since they skipped a lot of content.

Was it still good? Yes, but it could have been so much better. Though, at the very least, it managed to get many people to pick up the manga. I suppose that's an accomplishment in itself.
Jun 27, 2009 12:22 AM

Sep 2008
Pure genius!! Absolutely brilliant! LOVED IT!! <3 10/10

*^*Random Rant*^*
Jun 27, 2009 6:11 AM

Dec 2008
LostArticulation said:
I'm also not huge on manga but I'm planning on catching up with this series at least. I was always skeptical about the actual Tsubasa Chronicles series because it came off a lot like CCS in the sense where there's not much violence, no blood, and not much to look forward to. The series proved my doubts.

Redemption came in the form of the first OVAS and I suppose these two episodes are still several notches above the series as a whole, thanks to changes made with producers.

However, I still didn't understand a lot (and had to read up about it elsewhere). It feels kind of weird watching what was supposed to be a continuation of the last OVA but not completely since they skipped a lot of content.

Was it still good? Yes, but it could have been so much better. Though, at the very least, it managed to get many people to pick up the manga. I suppose that's an accomplishment in itself.
Oh I'm so glad you're reading the manga again. Really, the anime series does completely no justice to the manga - especially the 2nd season when more than half of the episodes were made up :(
Jun 30, 2009 3:05 AM

Jun 2008
hmmm, great fight btw the two syaoran and seishirou san!!

i love this ova just because of the storyline, art, and BGM. so they did not animate the celes and infinity then? i'm not so sure for i don't follow the anime series itself (too many filler episodes).

overall, i'm satisfied with it and the part where clone!sakura died, i nearly cried myself even though i know the outcome from the manga
Jul 2, 2009 8:38 PM

Oct 2008
A great ova.. if only quality like this was present in the previous two series, but we all know its by a different animation studio. A nice fight scene between the two Syaorans, movements were very fluid. I sure do hope that Production I.G. will make another series of OVAs. Although i do wish they animate the events that happened in between, Tokyo Revelations and this series.

Well onto watching xxxHolic Shunmuki, hopefully this will explain some things I felt confused with.
Jul 8, 2009 2:28 PM
Sep 2008
sometimes I think HE THATS THE CLUE

and other times I'm like WHAAAT??!!

it was a nice episode

(excuse me for my bad english) ^^
french or dutch are much easier
Jul 30, 2009 10:24 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome fight between the two Syaorans...I've gotta read the manga soon :D
Aug 14, 2009 9:34 PM

May 2007
i've read the manga but i never really understood all the plot twists, it confused the hell outta me and the ova didnt really clear up a lot of stuff, a little i guess and im a bit disappointed that the celes arc was not fully animated, don't really care bout the infinity arc tho lol
other than my iffy-ness with the storyline im very satisfied with the animation and art quality, syaoran's fight scene was very well done
hm maybe i'll catch up to the xxxholic manga as well, seems interesting XP
overall i'd give it a 9/10 =)
Aug 28, 2009 4:49 PM

Mar 2008
will there be more ovas? or anything else? ;<
Dec 28, 2009 9:37 PM

Dec 2009
i hope that they just make anpther season so they wont miss a lot of exciting events and i sure like to see the celes arc crap
Dec 29, 2009 11:32 PM

Dec 2009
hi
Jan 19, 2010 11:15 PM

Dec 2009
It seems like the team's been on a real bad losing streak.. . Fai lost his eye and his magic. . . Kuro-sama lost his arm . . . Sakuras gone . . . and dammit Yuko cant u just give them a freebie i mean shes always askin for something in return
Jan 24, 2010 2:04 PM

Dec 2009
well she vanished in the end right
Mar 16, 2010 8:13 PM

Jun 2007
SolDeMav said:
It seems like the team's been on a real bad losing streak.. . Fai lost his eye and his magic. . . Kuro-sama lost his arm . . . Sakuras gone . . . and dammit Yuko cant u just give them a freebie i mean shes always askin for something in return

Hasn't Full Metal Alchemist taught you anything? Equivalent exchange my good chap.

I wish this OVA was longer. They need to make another damn series!
Jun 11, 2010 9:38 PM

Nov 2008
It was nicely done. I loved it. They did change some minor parts from the manga, but it would have not been noticeable unless you were looking for them.

Since the manga is over, I'm wondering if they pan to do another set for the end.

Anyway, this is where I left off in the manga, so I have to watch xxxHolic and return to finish the story.
Dec 15, 2010 8:42 PM

May 2008
We seriously need more.
Dec 19, 2010 5:07 PM

Feb 2009
Loved it!!!
I want to read the manga but I don't kno where to start since I don't want to read things that already happened in the anime series. ><
Dec 31, 2010 10:16 AM

Dec 2009
aiJenni said:
Loved it!!!
I want to read the manga but I don't kno where to start since I don't want to read things that already happened in the anime series. ><

You'll need to read the whole thing to get it.
In the anime, more than half the episodes aren't from the manga and what was, was changed to something kid friendly.
mikanaDec 31, 2010 10:54 AM
Jan 16, 2011 12:55 AM

Aug 2010
Wonderful episode. I'm so impressed with what they managed to do with these episodes.

Although it makes me sad, I would love to see them animate more of the manga, because they did such a fantastic job. I don't see that happening though.

Jan 22, 2011 1:21 PM

Dec 2010
DeathfireD said:
SolDeMav said:

Hasn't Full Metal Alchemist taught you anything? Equivalent exchange my good chap.

Agreed, its a good reference, as its not like Yuko is trying to be cruel and take everything from them but its equivalence
"Human kind can not gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain something of equal value must be lost".

Well in any case AMAZING OVA, the fight between the two Syaorans was awesome, and as i can understand how this OVA could have been a bit confusing if you didn't read the mangas that only shows that you should go out and read them lol, this OVA truly was awesome and i'm glad it didn't let me down 10/10.
Apr 15, 2011 10:25 AM

Feb 2011
Loved it, this one and Tokyo Revelations, finally the series as it was meant to be, however after this now what, read the manga?
Sep 3, 2011 9:19 AM

Nov 2007
two words!
WHAT THE?!!!!!!!!!!!
geez! Its SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!
they realy did a great Ova.. BUT they left us hangin there! i hope they'll make the Celes and Infinity (as you all say) arc now! I can't wait.. Just when the final climax starts, they ended it there.. and just after those revelations, theyll make us wait..
Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!! demo demo, i am still satisfied.. no, Delighted, i mean! :DD

I loved it! i love it! 10/10..

~ i felt sad at first when sakura (clone) is looking more for the other syaoran, i mean, what the hell! yeah, they've always been together, but the real syaoran is with her, but she can't accept him as much as she does with the other..
But Im glad, after that revelation! :DD thanks for fai and yuuko's exlanation! i'm relieved! :DD
now. its time for real syaoran finding real sakura! Yai!!! Hayaku! next Tsubasa Ova! :DD

~ Ah! Fai + Kurogane = Total Love! ♥ .. kyaaaaaa! i love their relationship now. best Buds.. waaaaaaaaa! Nice! Finally, fai has opened up! :DD

i loved the 2 syaoran fighting scene too! :D its great. ;DD

Watanuki's existence.. its still unclear, but somehow i can understand a bit.. anyway, watanuki is watanuki, and syaoran is syaoran. END of story. ;DD

I loved how Yuuko appear a lot this time. i just love her!

~ I hope, the next ova will come soon, really really soon!
Nov 30, 2011 2:39 AM

Feb 2009
Holy crap, that fight was badass, some of the best swordplay I've seen in an OVA O_O

I highly enjoyed this, it's still too sad we cant have an entire TV Series like this.
Feb 2, 2012 9:00 AM
May 2009
just finished watching all of Tsubasa, loved it.. espicaly the OVA's but the ending of this episode.. i have a question located below which is rather driving me nuts! please help!! <33

Jun 1, 2012 8:29 PM

Aug 2009
Tsubasa Chronicle is definitely one of my all time favorites. I just wish they'd gotten a full 3rd season instead of or in addition to the final OVA's. It's just left me wanting more.
Jun 12, 2012 3:24 AM
Jun 2012
Oh my god, another incomplete ending with no conclusion. I absolutely hate when that happens, forces me to read the manga out of extreme curiosity as to what happens next.

Although i found it confusing, here is what I managed to pick up

Overall the OVA was pretty good, I really hope they will make another one to conclude the story.
mal_Jun 12, 2012 3:42 AM
Aug 16, 2012 12:43 PM

May 2010
mal_ said:
Oh my god, another incomplete ending with no conclusion. I absolutely hate when that happens, forces me to read the manga out of extreme curiosity as to what happens next.

Although i found it confusing, here is what I managed to pick up

Overall the OVA was pretty good, I really hope they will make another one to conclude the story.

Okay, but

Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 16, 2012 11:49 AM

Mar 2010
Great , but I was wondering about the existance of clone sakura . i mean , her REAL sakura was separated body - soul , so I don't see any CLONE existance at all.
Anyone , can explain? thanks =D

Love this ova. totally my favorite.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2013 3:25 PM

Jan 2012
After the 1st and second seasons I started getting onfused. The 1st OVA started all the confusion. I have not read the manga. And I dont think im going to cause I'm more of an anime watcher. But if what everyone says is true. Why didn't they just have the story follow the manga story so it didn't confuse people?
Apr 18, 2013 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
princessdawn982 said:
After the 1st and second seasons I started getting onfused. The 1st OVA started all the confusion. I have not read the manga. And I dont think im going to cause I'm more of an anime watcher. But if what everyone says is true. Why didn't they just have the story follow the manga story so it didn't confuse people?

Because the manga was too bloody/violent. But you should read the manga, it's a masterpiece.
Sep 23, 2014 7:05 PM
Sep 2013
Man they abuse Yuko so much has a deux ex machina.

Wth is that Watanuki paid with his memory stuff? Anyone knows more of the context?
Jan 25, 2016 9:26 PM
Aug 2011
Eww seeing that animation of Sakura turning into petals was so unnerving.
The Celes bits were so much of a tease though, shame they never animated more of that.

The OVAs were solid (Furisode!Fai<3). The animation was also better than in Revelations. I.G doesn't disappoint.
standOct 24, 2016 2:30 AM
Jul 8, 2016 10:38 AM

Dec 2014
the death of Sakura though...... that was very sadening
Dec 15, 2016 9:39 PM

Mar 2012
The two OVA series makes me want to get into the story, its just a shame the tv series of this is supposedly a total waste of time. I'll try and watch xxxHolic while i start reading the manga at some point i guess.

Only wish there was more of this quality OVA series

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Shunraiki ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 21, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:00 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Spring Thunder Chronicles Episode 2

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:39 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa: Shunraiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

abandonedaccount - Mar 17, 2009

91 by Skydis »»
Jan 11, 2023 8:18 PM

» What to whatch

Superstes - May 8, 2020

1 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Nov 16, 2021 2:28 AM

» Story status of OVA

the_seventh_l - Oct 25, 2008

29 by Alpha_99 »»
Mar 15, 2018 12:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.