Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 7, 2013 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The narrative has touched the right buttons, I was moved while finding the series still a tad boring in many places. Gin and Haru, and best of Satoru Makoto.
There is still much to work with, unfortunately if you want to make this anime series of good standard. ^ ^ "
The drawings are good and pure mimicry has a very pleasant side, what is missing is to have charismatic personalities and give more involvement as happened in Natsume, at the same time give over to everyday life even more folklore! And if that was not enough to give space to the rest of the cast! However, Makoto is the first that needs to improve!

For my part, even if the figure of Haru did not give the impression of being a girl, it was thanks to the good of the Italian fansub Aozora, not to deceive me! XD

The possessive side of Haru may also be motivated by the fact that a lot of memories Satoru his Great Grandfather! In addition to being a girl! ASD
Feb 8, 2014 12:53 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely episode, with a nice backstory and a touching ending! Let's see what will happen next!
Feb 8, 2014 3:46 PM
Sep 2009
fwiw, Japanese has a pronoun that is gender-free, so it's sometimes used for comedic "gender confusion" situations. The over-the-top Yankee-kun to Megane-chan has a chapter that relies on this pronoun, so translation was a little "awkward".

Anyway, Haru is such a GILF. :D
Mar 19, 2014 3:36 PM

Jun 2011
I don't like the main character, like Gin said, she's too nosy.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 28, 2014 3:14 AM
May 2012
That was a really nice and heartwarming backstory~
Satoru really looks like Seigo, it happens in real life too.
I knew that the injured fox will become Haru, and it didn't surprise me that Haru was a girl since she acts like that.
From Seigo to Togo to Satoru :D It's awesome.
It is good that everything is resolved now, thanks to Makoto and Gintaro, time for some fun!!!

rodac said:
Just as an example of how well this show does things: the background picture of Makoto's father and mother while he is talking about separation and loss.

Makoto's father showed why he really is a good priest, even if he can't see the heralds and is basically a caretaker until Makoto comes of age.

Exactly :O I am glad that I am not the only one who noticed.
Man, you have good eyes :D
Apr 30, 2015 5:33 PM

Jul 2009
Satoru really looks like Seigo who buried Haru ... I guess that's why she's so attached? Interesting how the fox spirit became a herald as it went into the shrine ... I wonder if that's how heralds are "born"? Not to mention that the old fox spirit said that his partner "died" ... how does that work, I wonder? :O Not to mention Haru's a girl after all ... I was surprised lol XD I guess I didn't really pay attention to the subs as to which pronouns were being used lol :P Although I noticed she DOES refer to herself as "Haru" so maybe they just never specified too XD
Anyway I'm glad that wraps it up. Glad that Satoru can "take it easy" too ... and Gin of course reluctantly helping them to find her. I think that Makoto's dad had some good comments as well ... I think he really does mean well even though he's a little odd at times :P Seems like Satoru will be transferring in next episode and will meet Makoto's friends. Should be fun!
May 7, 2015 2:19 AM

Jan 2012
I wouldn't have guessed Haru was a girl. Seeing how she became a herald was interesting. In the end she and Satoru make up. Sweet.
Jul 23, 2015 9:17 PM

Aug 2007
Man, people that treat kids so poorly early in their life regardless of their connections is awful. It really screws up some people for life, complaining about their existence like that.

Nov 14, 2023 12:37 PM
Aug 2022
Feels like that dad will turn out to be a huge pervert after all.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2013

91 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

41 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

51 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2013

58 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2013

51 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.