Forum Settings
Forums

How do you feel after you've watched an amazing anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 1, 2013 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
8BitBrodie said:
I feel sad I can't see the characters again!

You can always rewatch!
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Oct 1, 2013 7:34 PM

Aug 2013
Greybaru said:
Slayermaster said:

I usually need some time before I can engage in anything else beyond the bare necessities of life. Trying to do that before I feel ready is painful.

Especially about not engaging in anything else. I have trouble finding a new series because I'm wondering what could be better than what I just finished?

It's less that I am worried about finding a new series, and more that my mind is left in a certain state.

It's as if you spent the whole day at a comedy show, and then went to your mother's funeral. There's a lot of emotional dissonance and you'll probably feel confused, strange, and/or hurt. The emotional investment I get from what I would consider an amazing anime (Or any amazing piece of fiction in general), is to the point where doing much of anything not at least somewhat related evokes that feeling of dissonance.

The time before I can get wholly back into "normal" stuff varies between shows. You might experience something similar when just finishing a good book, and feeling somewhat "out of it". Very much like that, but more painful.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Oct 1, 2013 8:42 PM

May 2013
I feel sad because I might never get to watch an anime like that ever again :c That's why I save highly rated anime for later, because they tend to be extremely good, like a treat :D

... It's a work in progress.
Oct 1, 2013 10:22 PM

Aug 2013
Well I just finished Code geass(both seasons) and it was so damn amazing that I couldn't stop thinking about it and when I watched the last episode of attack on titan I was like meh. Then I would be kinda sad bored it ended and I start questioning if there was another season coming out xD
You think ideals alone can change the world?
Oct 1, 2013 10:23 PM

Aug 2013
StillSwingin007 said:
8BitBrodie said:

You can always rewatch!

Doesn't feel the same though
You think ideals alone can change the world?
Oct 1, 2013 10:26 PM

Nov 2010
Axellious said:
StillSwingin007 said:
8BitBrodie said:

You can always rewatch!

Doesn't feel the same though
You're right, it feels better.
Oct 4, 2013 2:52 PM

Dec 2012
I finished Aria the Origination a couple of days ago and words can only begin to scratch the surface at how happy and satisfied I was. I haven't been that moved or inspired in a long time, it helped reassure me as to why I love anime. It even stole a spot in my top 5 (sorry One Piece, you look good @ 6 too :x).
Oct 4, 2013 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
u get dem feels man and then u jst think man if only there was another series like that and then u jst rewatch it and ends up being better the second time.(actually happened with me when i rewatched Beck)
Oct 4, 2013 8:08 PM
Jul 2018
I love watching amazing anime, they grab me by the crotch and shake me around until I don't know if I'm a man or woman
Oct 4, 2013 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
When I finished Clannad After Story, I felt kind of empty. Like a shell, or like my soul left my body for a while and just let me work at getting a job at the time.
"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan
Oct 5, 2013 2:29 AM

Feb 2013
If it's a happy ending, I feel like jizzing all over my room and everything in sight, if it's a sad one I consider jumping off a bridge or just smoking until I throw up and then proceed to roll in my vomit, covering myself in vomit, tears and depression.
Oct 5, 2013 10:15 AM

Dec 2012
Like someone ripped my heart out, stomped on it, and walked away.
Oct 5, 2013 10:17 AM

Nov 2012
satisfied, and also a bit sad cause it's over..
Oct 5, 2013 11:14 AM
Jul 2012
Glad that I'm alive.
Oct 5, 2013 11:28 AM

Nov 2012
Shit!!!! no i need to drop one of my top 5!! No seriously i feel breath taking after i finished it. But after i finished Snk i just cleared my whole top 5 list and made a custom in my about my section. I really hate to let a masterpiece anime outside my top 5. All you guys need to know i that i liked Cowboy bebop the most out of all those masterpieces. 2nd Gintama and after that i really becomes difficult to choose. I just like about anything. But if you are stil thinking back about it after 2 weeks you really know you watched a master piece. It mostly really get to me a couple of days after i watched it to understand how great that master piece actually was. Look at me getting of topic. OT: i feel breathtaking after it and keep thinking back about it for a long time.
Oct 6, 2013 9:49 AM
Aug 2013
Get totally obsessed and then ramble on about it to anyone who'll listen...

Before moving to the next show c:
Oct 6, 2013 4:09 PM

Apr 2013
i feel sad that it is over even if it was a super satisfying ending.

if it was plot heavy i start reading up some opinions and just let it sink in.

in the case of attack on titan i went right to reading all available manga chapters and then read lots of opinions about the anime/manga
Oct 6, 2013 4:49 PM
Jul 2013
A feeling of wishing you could forget it all and experience it all over again, and at the same time never wanting to forget it.
Oct 6, 2013 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
SwornCrow said:
A feeling of wishing you could forget it all and experience it all over again, and at the same time never wanting to forget it.

Exactly this. It's funny how dramatic you feel over what essentially is a cartoon.

MrGuy said:
Get totally obsessed and then ramble on about it to anyone who'll listen...

Before moving to the next show c:

YUP LOL.
Oct 6, 2013 6:38 PM

Oct 2013
I feel great satisfaction after finishing a good anime. Then I tell everyone about it.

Then I feel sad because I have nothing to watch, and have to find something to fill the void lol
Oct 6, 2013 7:40 PM

Sep 2013
I feel the same way I felt before watching it... with my hands.
There's no need for all this tension.
Oct 6, 2013 7:51 PM

Oct 2012
Invigorated.
Oct 6, 2013 9:26 PM

Jul 2013
I feel....feels?
Oct 6, 2013 9:33 PM
Oct 2013
Literally, I would sign for a continuation, even if the finale wrapped up perfectly.
Oct 7, 2013 12:33 AM

Aug 2013
Less willing to watch something else.

I usually let it soak in for a little while before starting a new one.
Oct 7, 2013 6:13 AM

Oct 2012
I feel happy, I feel like I should go lie on a bed and start think and wonder everything what happened in that anime or go to talk with someone about it.

After that I feel sad because there isn't more episodes and it feels like I won't ever find as amazing anime as that was.
Oct 7, 2013 6:54 AM

Mar 2011
I take a break from watching for a day or two cuz I may end up dropping the next 2-3 shows that are not as good.
Oct 7, 2013 6:57 AM
Mar 2011
I feel happy and proud of me as if I reached the next power level. I feel that I understood something new about life and about the world and about people and about anime. For me it's like a huge victory.
Oct 7, 2013 8:51 AM

Sep 2013
i feel that i have to show it to someone.
Oct 7, 2013 9:11 AM

Jul 2007
Depends. First I will talk about it non-stop and spam everywhere about it.
Then I will do some research about it, seek about the manga/LN/VN it was based from.
And I will also rewatch it (this only applies for not heart-breaking gems, I have not be able to rewatch some of my favorites like the grave of fireflies because my heart cannot handle it).
Oct 7, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2013
If I've watched an amazing Anime?

Well...err.. Amazed, I guess? :o
Oct 7, 2013 9:32 AM

Jun 2013
I feel astounded usually, and I usually have a feeling of emptiness as if I'll never be fulfilled by a series like that ever again...

Then I watch another amazing anime.

Rinse and Repeat.

#ClannadIsn'tAllIt'sMadeOutToBe
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Oct 7, 2013 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
I finished Freezing yesterday, I wanted to find a real like Satellizer and marry her.
Oct 7, 2013 9:40 AM

Jun 2013
Shirakuzo said:
When I finished a good one, i'm like damn that was epic, hopefully I'll find something good as this one again.
Pretty much the same.
Oct 7, 2013 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
SeriousBoy1 said:
i feel that i have to show it to someone.

Pretty much this, already showed first episode of Attack on Titan to my little brother and he started to watch it.

And also then I feel that I'm never going to find as good anime.
ᵖᵉʷ ᵖᵉʷ 🔫
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Does "being an otaku/weeb" still have any meaning in 2024?

thewiru - 5 hours ago

37 by SuperAdventure »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you like anime about any sport or sports anime in general?

RobertBobert - 4 hours ago

14 by TheMechaManiac »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Which real life underdog story would you like to see getting an anime adaptation the most?

Lincompoop - 1 hour ago

4 by SuperAdventure »»
23 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - Yesterday

38 by ryzxgum »»
50 minutes ago

» Do you think secondary rival is more interesting than main rival?

m_alhafidz - 11 hours ago

8 by Fringilla_Vigo »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.