Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2013 7:40 AM

Nov 2012
I always have beer in the fridge for refreshment, and that I consume alone at home. I really don't see a problem with that.
To get drunk, I usually drink vodka. Or whatever the friendly people of the night buy me. The journey might begin alone once in a while, but I always end up joining a group that seems entertaining.

It's a quick and pretty low-effort way to have fun after a tiring day. It became ridiculously expensive for me to get drunk however, so I can't do it as often as I would like to.
Aug 2, 2013 7:41 AM

Jun 2011
Heh, I suppose you wont find many drinkers in this demographic. I drink mostly beer.. when I'm out late I tend to mix it up a bit. At home or the pub its normally just beer
Aug 2, 2013 7:43 AM
Jul 2013
Nicole said:
InfiniteRufus said:
I'm still waiting for the day where I will actually like the taste of alcohol. It hasn't happened yet.

This is part of what I was getting at, most alcohol is either tasteless or horrible.
Not even cocktails?
Aug 2, 2013 7:46 AM

Mar 2011
Nicole said:
InfiniteRufus said:
I'm still waiting for the day where I will actually like the taste of alcohol. It hasn't happened yet.

This is part of what I was getting at, most alcohol is either tasteless or horrible.

Alcohol is never tasteless. I wish some of it was.

Some alcohol is tolerable, but I've yet to find any alcohol that I'd drink over soft drinks in terms of taste.
Aug 2, 2013 7:46 AM

Jul 2013
zoknimano said:
I always have beer in the fridge for refreshment, and that I consume alone at home. I really don't see a problem with that.
To get drunk, I usually drink vodka. Or whatever the friendly people of the night buy me. The journey might begin alone once in a while, but I always end up joining a group that seems entertaining.

It's a quick and pretty low-effort way to have fun after a tiring day. It became ridiculously expensive for me to get drunk however, so I can't do it as often as I would like to.

Haha I totally understand what your talking about, alcohol seems to lose it's potency the more you consume it to the point where even half a bottle of Vodka isn't enough to get you to a satisfactory point.

Nicole said:
InfiniteRufus said:

Well, assuming you're roughly the same age as me, it could be due to the fact you either haven't found a type of alcohol that you enjoy yet or you started drinking at a later age than myself?

Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 7:47 AM

Mar 2012
Vodka was pretty tasteless from what I remember, though that was quite some time ago, whenever I drink it's rarely only ever mixed drinks these days, since they don't taste awful.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"

Jun 2011
zoknimano said:

zoknimano said:

Yes I also drink at home alone on most nights. I'm a grown ass man, sometimes i might even have 10 beers if they are going down well. I smoke and drink on my big ass lounge and watch anime on my big ass TV, why the fuck not

Jun 2009
Not all alcohol is bad, in moderation some of it can have benefits. Of course, no one who drinks alcohol actually does it for these reasons, but they're still there.

Anyway, I drink every so often just because I like the taste. I don't really care for going out, and I don't do it to get drunk.
Aug 2, 2013 7:54 AM

Jul 2012
Do I cave under peer pressure? No.
Am I a boring shit at social gatherings? Nope.
Do I ever get depressed? errm.. no.
Konbu is important
Aug 2, 2013 7:55 AM
Jul 2013
ZooCrew said:
Haha,
XVIII said:
ZooCrew said:
XVIII said:
ZooCrew said:
I'm sorry, but what the shit is Colt 45 and blue Kamikaze. You have me fucking intrigued haha.
No wonder you don't know what Colt 45 is, you live in bumfuck NZ. It's the best beer in the world.

Blue kamikaze is vodka and other things. Tastes bubblegumish. One pitcher can black you out without warning bcus it's fucking delish.

Well, I'n my defence, I lived in Gold Coast Australia, for the majority of my life so far. I'm only living in New Zealand at the moment because I'm joining the army here. I haven't heard of Colt 45 and shit before, but would it be safe to assume you haven't had Smirnoff Double Blacks?
Nope. For vodka, we have Grey Goose here.

Grey Goose huh? Well it's obviously clear that we have no idea what each other drink haha.
Don't worry. Since Australia is upside down when it comes to everythang, it's understandable.

Nicole said:
Vodka was pretty tasteless from what I remember, though that was quite some time ago, whenever I drink it's rarely only ever mixed drinks these days, since they don't taste awful.
LMAO you don't chug vodka raw, you need a chaser.
Aug 2, 2013 7:56 AM

Jun 2011
SuperHands said:
Am I depressed? errm.. no.

I still don't get it. Are you saying you drink or you dont drink?
Aug 2, 2013 7:57 AM

Mar 2012
XVIII said:
]LMAO you don't chug vodka raw, you need a chaser.

I know that now.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Aug 2, 2013 7:58 AM

Mar 2011
XVIII said:
Nicole said:
LMAO you don't chug vodka raw, you need a chaser.

Tell that to Eastern Europe and Russia.
Aug 2, 2013 8:01 AM

Feb 2009
Nicole said:

vodka tasteless?! thing is like rubbing alcohol haha.

i have developed a taste for jack on the rocks recently. i don't think it really tastes good but for some reason it hits the spot.
Aug 2, 2013 8:02 AM

Mar 2012
Was tasteless from what I remember :|
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Aug 2, 2013 8:03 AM

Aug 2012
lupadim said:
ZooCrew said:
PITNB said:
lupadim said:
Alcohol is a very coward way of escaping from your problems, and will DEFINITELY kill you. You think you won't die by alcohol, but it speeds up your death at amazing ways, more than half people that drink alcohol die due to problems generated by it. Alcohol is one of the best ways of population control government as ever created, as he basically control a bunch of idiots (with all respect) that are drinking poison and loving it.

......Because drinking is the only thing that kills you right?

.....And I'm pretty sure most people don't get drunk on a regular basis so I don't even see how it's a real problem. It only becomes an issue if you depend on it, or you become dangerous while you're drunk.

Having another look at this, I can't help but laugh. I'm sorry but '...more than half the people that drink alcohol die due to problems generated by it". I think its safe to assume that a vast majority of the world indulges in Alcohol in some sort of way and to assume that more than half of them succumb to alcohol related deaths is absurd haha.

Drunk guys laughing at the face of people that don't drink.... I feel so sorry for you two. Go at a stinky bar drink till you two cant get up, as this is what you two love doing at your life more than anything.

I agree with you!
Aug 2, 2013 8:06 AM

Jun 2011
@ludapim.. quite possible the stupidest shit I have ever read
Aug 2, 2013 8:08 AM

Feb 2009
Nicole said:

must've been a fun night
Aug 2, 2013 8:11 AM

Jun 2011
dacak said:
Nicole said:

must've been a fun night

xD
Aug 2, 2013 8:15 AM

Mar 2011
Nicole said:

Are you sure someone didn't give you water in a vodka bottle for the lols?

It's like anti-spiking someone's drink.
Aug 2, 2013 8:17 AM

Apr 2013
Every time i drink i get in trouble, So i only drink on my own really.
Aug 2, 2013 8:23 AM

Mar 2012
InfiniteRufus said:
Nicole said:

Are you sure someone didn't give you water in a vodka bottle for the lols?

It's like anti-spiking someone's drink.

I'm pretty sure.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Aug 2, 2013 8:43 AM

Mar 2012
ZooCrew said:
I've been drinking since I was 16 but it hasn't been until fairly recently that I've found beer to be refreshing/enjoyable. I know exactly where you are coming from, I only ever used to drink to get drunk and for social activities but as you get older your palette will begin to change and you'll eventually enjoy beer, spirits and other forms of alcohol.

I'm five years older than you and I still don't like it. It's not an issue of age as it's just getting used to the taste.
Aug 2, 2013 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
Whenever I drink it's almost always whiskey. I don't care much for beer, most wine is unpalatable, and vodka is a no go. With that said, I hardly ever drink.
EeyoreAug 2, 2013 10:45 AM
Aug 2, 2013 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
I'm a wine drinker but will drink expensive whiskey or vodka from time to time, I don't drink as much Vodka or Whiskey as I do wine, I'll drink 3/4 to a whole bottle of wine but only 1/4 a bottle of high priced whiskey or only a few shots of vodka.

Aug 2, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2012
Started drinking at age 14 i was ahead of most schoolmates. Age 16 started drinking with friends in the city night. Age 18 drinking alone wile watching anime. --_-- so sad.
johnyjohnyAug 2, 2013 9:00 AM
Aug 2, 2013 8:58 AM

Jun 2011
I'm 21.. and i have never consumed an alcohol or smoked a cigarette..
and never will.. it's a waste for Money, Time and more importantly HEALTH..
Aug 2, 2013 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
Pocketasces said:
SuperHands said:

I'm saying drinking is for losers.
Konbu is important
Aug 2, 2013 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
SuperHands said:
Pocketasces said:
SuperHands said:

I'm saying drinking is for losers.

Oh it's one of those straightedge people.

With a towlie avatar, no less.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Aug 2, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2011
I don't drink, that shit smells nasty. Plus, soda is much cheaper.
Aug 2, 2013 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
I drink on occasion!
Be it by myself watching anime/movies etc..
Or with mates out at the local pub after work!
basically any social/media function i'll drink!

Rarely, i'll drink to get drunk, but when i do... I'm a write off!
Rum is my poison, though i'll do wine, spirits etc.. Beer will put me to sleep!!

I have friends that never touch the stuff, and honestly, i can't blame them!

And then there's those like Raj (the Big Bang theory) that need booze to interact!!
I myself am a bit like that, though I can interact with others sober as well, just not that much!
Aug 2, 2013 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
OnePieceQ8 said:

Alcohol is good for you though, drink some red wine.

Aug 2, 2013 9:59 AM

Dec 2012
Personally, I find beer disgusting. Now I will drink some Champagne. Thats good shit. I only drink it on social occasions. Mostly holidays with friends and family. Im 20 and here in US you can only drink when you are 21 or over. Most tell me I look 24-25 with my beard so I don't get questioned when drinking.

I've never gotten drunk, but I do plan to get wasted on my 21st birthday. People on here would say, it harmful, but

YOLO ;D
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Aug 2, 2013 10:06 AM

Jul 2013
Hoppy said:
OnePieceQ8 said:

Alcohol is good for you though, drink some red wine.

OMG YES!! RED!!! that shit is dangerous! 2 bottles and i'm gone! deliciously gone!
Aug 2, 2013 10:07 AM

Dec 2012
SOExclusive said:
I've never gotten drunk, but I do plan to get wasted on my 21st birthday. People on here would say, it harmful, but

YOLO ;D

Killyourself.jpg
Aug 2, 2013 10:16 AM

Mar 2012
I drink for social purposes. It's fun and isn't going to kill me, so I do it. There are plenty of worse things I could be doing for my health.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 2, 2013 10:20 AM

Feb 2010
I drink when I want to.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 2, 2013 10:24 AM
May 2012
Hoppy said:

Alcohol is good for you though.

"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Aug 2, 2013 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
lupadim said:
Alcohol is a very coward way of escaping from your problems, and will DEFINITELY kill you. You think you won't die by alcohol, but it speeds up your death at amazing ways, more than half people that drink alcohol die due to problems generated by it. Alcohol is one of the best ways of population control government as ever created, as he basically control a bunch of idiots (with all respect) that are drinking poison and loving it.

Some research shows some health benefits. There's no denying that alcohol is a depressant and too much can lead to serious problems. But generalizing a topic you're ignorant about is silly don't you think? (And "population control"? Seriously, what the blue cheese?)

OAN, I rarely drink, but whenever I do it's always some type of wine, I abstain from getting drunk
Aug 2, 2013 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
I drink at least 1 beer a day
Aug 2, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2012
i'm a (recovering - thats the word they use) alcoholic. 2.5 years sober. So no, I don't drink. I still want to sometimes, but it makes me really destructive, very bad news.

I have no problem with others drinking alcohol, picking up a drink after work or with your friends is totally normal. i just can't halndle it. Typical of alcoholics, i cannot just have ONE drink. One turns into a lot more very quickly.
Aug 2, 2013 12:00 PM

May 2013
Alcohol is good in moderation. I don't understand it, but it seems that everyone is happy when all are sort of drunk but not so drunk. But occasionally good. Do it everyday, and you'll end up killing yourself slowly.
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Aug 2, 2013 12:05 PM

Aug 2009
ITT: Ignorant underage kiddies talking out of hearsay.

Just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine.

Also:

Aug 2, 2013 12:28 PM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
If you're a responsible person I think alcohol could be consumed at any point.. alone or in company. As long as you know your own limits drinking often does not do any real damage. Having a bottle of whiskey or a 6pack of beer under your table at all times is not something that should be looked down on, as long as you don't drink a full bottle of whiskey to get shitfaced every day. Personally I always have alcohol in my house. Usually beer, vodka, whiskey or wine. I only get drunk when I'm out with friends and have never done anything irresponsible. But I also may take one, two or even three beers just sitting home on the computer on a normal day like this. Why I drink alcohol even when alone have nothing to do with addiction or alcoholism. In my opinion it's just like drinking a bottle of Red Bull or Cola as drinking such small amounts wont do any more harm than any soda or energy drink will do. I drink alcohol because I like the taste just like with all other foods and beverages, and on some occations I drink more to get the happy feeling or to simply get shitfaced and have lots of fun with my friends. Camping + drinking = epic
Aug 2, 2013 12:34 PM

Oct 2012
this is irrelevant but my mom says that even touching alcoholl under 21 is illegal is it true
RRRRRRRRRR
Aug 2, 2013 12:42 PM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
beavis2323 said:
this is irrelevant but my mom says that even touching alcoholl under 21 is illegal is it true

Touching it is not illegal even at the age of 3. Drinking it can be. It depends ofcourse on where you live tho. Here in Norway the drinking age is 18 for everything under 22%(44 proof) and 20 for everything over 22%(44 proof). In denmark it's 16 for low percent and 18 for high percent. Go to the US and it's even different from that..
Aug 2, 2013 12:43 PM

Jun 2011
beavis2323 said:

No, it's only illegal to purchase or drink in public. You can drink in private if you're under 21.
Aug 2, 2013 12:48 PM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
Narmy said:
beavis2323 said:

No, it's only illegal to purchase or drink in public. You can drink in private if you're under 21.

You most certainly cannot. And again this comes back to where you live. Drinking public is legal in some countries whilst illegal in others. And if the drinking age is 21 in your country, drinking private is just as illegal as drinking in public. The only difference is that drinking in private you are most likely not to get caught.
Aug 2, 2013 12:51 PM

Jun 2011
Hammerfest said:
You most certainly cannot. And again this comes back to where you live. Drinking public is legal in some countries whilst illegal in others. And if the drinking age is 21 in your country, drinking private is just as illegal as drinking in public. The only difference is that drinking in private you are most likely not to get caught.

In the US you can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Minimum_Drinking_Age_Act
While this act did not outlaw the consumption of alcoholic beverages by those under 21 years of age, seven states and Washington D.C. extended its provisions into an outright ban.

It depends on the state, but in most states it is not illegal.
Aug 2, 2013 12:57 PM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
Narmy said:
Hammerfest said:

In the US you can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Minimum_Drinking_Age_Act
While this act did not outlaw the consumption of alcoholic beverages by those under 21 years of age, seven states and Washington D.C. extended its provisions into an outright ban.

It depends on the state, but in most states it is not illegal.

I hope you made the effort to go to his profile and check which state he's currently residing in before you told him it's OK to consume alcohol even tho he's underaged.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which of these 6 things matters most to you?

IpreferEcchi - 4 hours ago

9 by Noboru »»
1 minute ago

» What is one thing your country is famous for that you wish it wasn't ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Mar 31, 2023

59 by Noboru »»
1 hour ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - May 2

46 by GumGumBalls »»
2 hours ago

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

40 by ryan77999 »»
2 hours ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

64 by Daconator »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.