Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 26, 2016 1:03 PM
Oct 2015
Kugutsue said:
Annihilation500 said:
Compared to Zoro, everyone else is a slacker. Even Luffy's powers come from a devil's fruit, but Zoro is 100% natural, from intense training. The weights he uses are so ridiculous!

This.

Technically , everyone is working hard at their own things. Luffy's just about the only legitimate slacker lol
Oct 21, 2016 11:31 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
nice ep. poor brook just wanted to be part of the crew

Mar 12, 2017 10:04 AM

May 2014
I really appreciate quiet episodes like this bc amongst the hustle and bustle of One Piece and it's adventure we don't get them very often!

Also, I cannot be the only person who just really likes the way Brook says "Laboon", right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2017 3:27 PM

Dec 2014
This is what filler episodes should be. Should be a chance for some character development or just fun times with the crew.
Jan 9, 2019 9:54 AM

Jun 2016
I definitely didn't dislike this episode but the humor and repetition of it felt stale to me. I ended up putting it on 2x speed because from the instance with Sanji I knew exactly how it would turn out. It was so slapstick and not character based comedy wise, it reminded me of the first One Piece movie. Watch Brook fill the canon with the wrong gas, nearly brake plates, ruin Nami's map, or nearly poop his pants! That's just not the kind of humor I enjoy and I think One Piece rarely has jokes that are so 1 dimensional. Sure, it was to point out Brook's overworking and anxiety, it makes sense with his character, his purpose in life is to meet Laboon once more and if he was kicked off the ship or lost in his travels he would lose his purpose. He also wants to repay the Straw Hats for what they've done as that's an important value to him so he's scrambling to find out how to do that. Further, this is the first time he's been able to wake up from happy dreams and continue with a happy reality, I found the moment he referred to how before he'd always wake up from happiness into a nightmarish reality strong. I also liked how Robin could relate with him and comforted him. It's just, that's about all I enjoyed. The humor in this episode didn't make me crack a smile outside of Brook's excitement upon reading their ship logs(which I hadn't actually realized they were keeping).

It was alright but I actually prefer the last episodes on Spa Island to this, they brought me much more enjoyment. Here we learned a few meaningful things about Brook I wouldn't want to miss but outside of that I didn't enjoy it.
Jul 26, 2020 2:10 AM

May 2016
Brook wanting to help everyone and messing up every single time was hilarious and me and my little brother had a really good time guessing what bone jokes he'd make but his talk with Robin about what belonging in the Straw Hats really is like and seeing him finally have a peaceful nap then playing his favorite song to soothe the hearts of his nakama was seriously heartwarming.

I'm amazed that they're going straight for the Red Line near Fishman Island after this simple yet wonderful episode since I expected that there would be a completely unrelated mini arc before that.

Sep 4, 2020 11:09 PM
Jan 2020
I didn’t know it was a filler. It feels very canon to me like G-8. This filler take place at perfect time after thriller bark and Brook's character is really good.
Looking forward to Sabody arc.
Feb 22, 2021 2:15 AM
Dec 2020
VK11 said:
They could NOT have done that episode any better. For the context of where it was placed - story wise - it was the perfect episode to lead into what will be coming next.

Though not much happened, it really was a nice, calming episode which left me with a warm feeling, and excited to see everything that will come.

I hope we get a new opening next episode too, though considering the new remix version of "We Are" released only a few months ago, might not happen.
Yeah. I feel the same.
May 25, 2021 6:35 AM

Jun 2019
Poor Brook trying to be useful.
Aug 8, 2021 11:30 PM

Aug 2021
This is what fillers are supposed to be just chilling crew with music 🎵🎵
Aug 10, 2022 6:36 AM
May 2020
um bom episodio calmo apenas sobre o que é One Piece: amizade!
Muito bom ver o Brook encontrado finalmente amigos que apenas se sentem feliz só de ele estar ali.
Foi pra mim um choque quando o Luffy disse 'Estou feliz de você estar aqui' e é sobre isso.
Simplesmente perfeito, um dos melhores episódios de One Piece.
Muito bom ver simplesmente o Luffy e o Usopp dormindo, assim como o Brook, ou a Nami e a Robin apenas conversando, Chopper fazendo suas receitas medicinais e enfim, muito bom.
Oct 3, 2022 2:26 PM
Sep 2020
is this really needed??????
Dec 14, 2022 5:25 PM
Feb 2022
Esa necesidad de tratar de ser importante. Comprendo a Brook. Debe relajarse mas, y las cosas fluirán. A la siguiente isla.
Jun 2, 2023 2:02 AM
Oct 2019
Poor Brook.

Love this peaceful episode.

And now I'm ready for the next Arc.
Jul 4, 2023 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
There have been quite a few good filler episodes but this one comes out on top. It didn’t even feel like filler, it felt like an actual episode with some character development, we got to see a deeper look into how Brook thinks. Really enjoyed this episode, I hope the filler episodes to come take inspiration from this one.
Jul 24, 2023 3:07 PM

May 2019
i cried to this episode ngl. goes to show how good one piece filler is

Aug 3, 2023 2:29 AM

Oct 2019
What an awesome episode! I love Brook <3
Sep 5, 2023 9:30 AM
Aug 2021
Perfect episode to encapsulate the themes of the entire show so far.
Sep 8, 2023 2:20 AM

May 2021
'I would jump awake with happiness only to face the painful reality filled with despair and solitude.
Sleep was by no means a peaceful escape .'

I can relate with him way too much . At least he is happy now that he escaped from this kind of nightmare unlike me .....

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Oct 1, 2023 2:39 AM

Mar 2017
Hard to believe that was filler. What a perfect way to finish the arc =)
Apr 22, 1:36 PM

Dec 2022
pretty nice filler as far as recappy type filler goes! especially that little moment he had with Robin, and of course, love that fiddle solo to kick off the sunrise
May 18, 3:30 AM

Jun 2017
I can see Brook's enthusiasm. He wanted to please his new crewmates. At first, I found it annoying because he kept failing but after talking to Robin, he seemed to calm down and finally understood that he truly belonged to the Strawhats. There's no need to be worked up about it.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» One Piece Egghead feel likes Oda was inspired by JoJo!

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

21 by Ddude0 »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 20, 2009

57 by IAmTheX-Kid »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 516 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

JusticeGundam - Sep 24, 2011

169 by Goku-67 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

485 by Tobacconist »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 98 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

45 by AbobaAddict »»
Today, 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.