Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2013 9:39 AM

Mar 2012
natssuu said:
I think Gon knew the archangel card could heal his injuries and that's why he took the risk..

You don't say...

The supposed 'twist' was simply that he's willing to go through the pain of losing an arm to hit Genthru (physically and mentally) not to show that he'd just lose an arm just for that. The second is kind of stupid and doesn't make much sense.

edungeon said:
So Madhouse learned from David Production's that if you put a little of black paint on top of any scene you can have any amount of gore.

They did more gory moments

And they don't blacken out half of the damn screen.

And HxH wouldn't censor a Nazi doing Nazi stuff.
End Zionazism
Apr 7, 2013 10:29 AM
Oct 2011
The Chimera Ant's ED played at the end before the current ED, if anyone noticed.

It seems next week's episode will end with the cliffhanger of the 1999 version, right? I hope so, that way they could start the actual content of Chimera Ant arc from episode 76, though they should add the flashback first.
Apr 7, 2013 10:37 AM

Jul 2012
Awesome fight, Gon sacrificing his own hand was crazy!!! '0'

Apr 7, 2013 10:52 AM

Mar 2012
Gon jumping around after getting his arm back is hilarious xD
End Zionazism
Apr 7, 2013 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
Apr 7, 2013 12:50 PM

Jun 2011
awesome conclusion
Apr 7, 2013 12:50 PM

Mar 2012
Couldn't expect any better, excellent job by Madhouse.. So next week is the last eps for G.I , couldn't help but keep wondering about Chimera arc quality since the art from the manga was kinda mehh..
Keep moving forward
Apr 7, 2013 1:31 PM

Aug 2012
I loved this episode!
When I saw Gon sacrificed his hand, I was like WTF!
Next's gonna be one not to miss!

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Apr 7, 2013 2:07 PM

Dec 2009
Candor said:
The Chimera Ant's ED played at the end before the current ED, if anyone noticed.

Nice ears! I thought I recognized it, but I never thought of the new ED.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 7, 2013 2:31 PM

Jul 2012
Great fight and great episode!
Apr 7, 2013 2:34 PM

Nov 2009
Bigbuffoon said:
P.S. Omake: Perverted Killua = OOC. SMH

Yup, that was pretty bad. I feel like they were trying to balance it out, considering the BL subtext on the other omakes, eheh.

Ah, guess my favorite arc is almost over.
I just hope MadHouse take their time on CA, I don't want it to end soon.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Apr 7, 2013 3:07 PM

Feb 2013
So Gon's twisted morality finally makes itself known.

And Killua's excitement in the background after being healed was adorable.

So Ants starts next week? I'm really excited to finally see it animated!
Apr 7, 2013 3:23 PM

Feb 2012
Kezone said:
So Ants starts next week? I'm really excited to finally see it animated!

April 21st.

Next week should be Greed Island denouement.
Apr 7, 2013 4:37 PM
Oct 2009
To Anyone saying this version did not censor anything and its just different style, FALSE!

MadHouse Changed the angle of many scenes to try and censor the hand, for example:

I do not mind that, just don't say there is no censorship please, k? k thx
mrswordApr 7, 2013 4:42 PM
Apr 7, 2013 4:42 PM

Jun 2012
I like how you don't bother to post pics where it does show Gon's arm blatantly blown off. Your argument would've only mattered if they didn't otherwise in the episode
Apr 7, 2013 4:44 PM

Nov 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
I like how you don't bother to post pics where it does show Gon's arm blatantly blown off. Your argument would've only mattered if they didn't otherwise in the episode
If you notice, those screenshots are the exact same scenes from each version, one covers the arm and one doesn't.
Apr 7, 2013 4:45 PM
Oct 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:

doesn't change the fact that they are trying to show the LEAST amount they can.. yes one or two scenes was necessary.. but it was censored for the most part.

does it matter? NO << for me anyway

is it considered censorship? YES
mrswordApr 7, 2013 4:48 PM
Apr 7, 2013 4:46 PM

Jun 2012
Alexx_ said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
If you notice, those screenshots are the exact same scenes from each version, one covers the arm and one doesn't.

I'm talking about the episode as a whole. I don't deny at all they didn't change the camera angles in those shots to censor but he seemed to imply they cut showing a direct view of Gon's arm this fight

Edit: My point is I didn't feel like anything was missing from the anime that Madhouse was trying to convey to me that I previously know from the manga and OVAs that I wouldn't otherwise had I been an anime only viewer. As an audience member I knew how serious Gon's affliction was from the framing of key shots showing his pain and the missing limb
HybridMBLApr 7, 2013 4:59 PM
Apr 7, 2013 4:47 PM
Oct 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:
Alexx_ said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

I'm talking about the episode as a whole. I don't deny at all they didn't change the camera angles to "censor" but he seemed to imply they cut showing a direct view of Gon's arm this fight

Then you should read better before blindly replying... I said they changed A LOT of scenes, did i say all? no.. but most of them for sure...
Apr 7, 2013 4:53 PM

Nov 2010
mrsword said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
Alexx_ said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

I'm talking about the episode as a whole. I don't deny at all they didn't change the camera angles to "censor" but he seemed to imply they cut showing a direct view of Gon's arm this fight

Then you should read better before blindly replying... I said they changed A LOT of scenes, did i say all? no.. but most of them for sure...

Who cares they could of not shown any blown off hand, at least it shows some promise for what could be shown in the Ant Arc and it will be easier for them to not censor the ants compared to censoring humans.
Apr 7, 2013 4:57 PM
Oct 2009
TrunkzJr said:
mrsword said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
Alexx_ said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

Who cares they could of not shown any blown off hand, at least it shows some promise for what could be shown in the Ant Arc and it will be easier for them to not censor the ants compared to censoring humans.

I said, it doesn't matter to me.. gosh you people should read the whole reply before commenting

I only replied because there were some "blind" people who were praising this episode and saying there was "No" censorship and its just a different style, one of them went as far as saying this version is as violent as the manga LOL

just wanted to clear that up with my reply, that's all no more no less,
Apr 7, 2013 7:25 PM

Feb 2013
These last few posts have been pointless and stupid. Anyways great episode! I felt tense when I saw Gons hand blown off.
Apr 7, 2013 7:56 PM

Aug 2012
That was a beautiful episode.
Apr 7, 2013 8:30 PM
Aug 2011
Lol dumb arguments but as a first time anime-only watcher I did notice that a lot of scenes were animated in a way where you couldn't really see Gon's hand.

Did it matter to me? Nope because I didn't feel like I missed out on anything, it was done very well.
Apr 7, 2013 8:35 PM

Nov 2012
parfaited said:
Lol dumb arguments but as a first time anime-only watcher I did notice that a lot of scenes were animated in a way where you couldn't really see Gon's hand.

Did it matter to me? Nope because I didn't feel like I missed out on anything, it was done very well.

Well of course it was just another 1999 vs 2011 argument, it didn't matter to me at all either but I was mrsticky made it matter.
Apr 7, 2013 9:01 PM
Dec 2012
I creamed my pants when Gon's arm was blown off, hoping that little faggot would be killed but no, Genthru got trolled HARD.

He beat the fuck out of Gon and then pussied out when he got kicked in the face lulz. Standard Shonen formula, naturally.

- Almost shit my pants in laughter when Gon said "OSU!" in a raspy voice and his eye twitching.

- Obligatory Dumbass of the Day award goes to Goreinu.

"I DNT LIKE DOS MURDERERERERE!"

Killua: "I am also an Assassin...I am no better...-"

"BUT I LIK JOO MOR KILLUWAAAA!"

-----------------------

~ Ging looks a little bit too much like Yusuke.
Apr 7, 2013 9:27 PM
Mar 2013
This. Was. Epic. So epic, in fact, that I just had to make an AMV of it.
Apr 7, 2013 9:36 PM

Aug 2008
parfaited said:

Some of it was to create suspense, though. They didn't want to reveal it immediately.
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Apr 8, 2013 7:06 AM

Oct 2012
baddas as always... nice word by killua.. XD

Apr 8, 2013 8:18 AM

Mar 2013
My favorite part is when Gon's like "First come ROCK JANKKKKENNN" and Genthru's like "I SURENDER,I SURRENDER, HALPPP.

9.5/10 episode.
Apr 8, 2013 8:55 AM

Oct 2012
I hope Phantom Troupe will be more active in the next arc, manga readers can spoil me that much
Apr 8, 2013 9:24 AM

Dec 2012
5/5 as always. Last episode of G.I next week.

parfaited said:

Exactly, it's pretty clear that MH was trying to censor some things, but they still managed to handle everything pretty well.
RutgartoApr 8, 2013 9:32 AM
Apr 8, 2013 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
natssuu said:
I hope Phantom Troupe will be more active in the next arc, manga readers can spoil me that much

They have a 5-chapter mini arc all about them, other than that they are nowhere to be found. But that mini-arc is all we need
End Zionazism
Apr 8, 2013 11:19 AM

Nov 2012
All I'm saying that it's slightly censored not big at all.
1999 just looks more... brutal?

cuz it was an ova
Apr 8, 2013 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
kitosama said:

cuz it was an ova

I can't see any difference except the GI OVAs looking like shit.
Apr 8, 2013 12:49 PM

Mar 2012
^ ooooooooooooooooooooh
End Zionazism
Apr 8, 2013 1:05 PM

Apr 2013
bewareofhisoka said:
kitosama said:

cuz it was an ova

I can't see any difference except the GI OVAs looking like shit.
Why are you kicking a dead horse? It's already been settled, and nice opinion sure proved them!
Apr 8, 2013 4:53 PM

Jul 2012
Leaulux said:

He beat the fuck out of Gon and then pussied out when he got kicked in the face lulz. Standard Shonen formula, naturally.

He pussied out because he realized how batshit insane Gon was AUehuaehaueh and it gets worse!
Apr 8, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2010
Gon can really be insane at times. Still loved the fight between them.
Apr 8, 2013 11:12 PM

Sep 2011
Fantastic episode from Hunter X Hunter

and another good fight to talk about.

Gon is really insane when it come to fights
Apr 8, 2013 11:43 PM

Mar 2012
Naruto was more insane when he let kabuto stab his hand
End Zionazism
Apr 9, 2013 12:06 AM

Sep 2012
Mikasa said:
Naruto was more insane when he let kabuto stab his hand

Goku was absolutely munted when he grabbed Raditz and let Picollo fire the special beam cannon at both of them killing them simultaneously
Apr 9, 2013 7:29 AM

Jul 2012
The problem with Gon is that all he did was completly unnecessary... He could just stick to the plan and the battle would be over in a shorter time. >.>'

And the anime didn't show, but the safe cave where Gon hid from the falling rock in like just as high as Gon, so if Gensuru followed him he needed to be sitting or crounching (what happed).
edungeonApr 9, 2013 7:38 AM
Apr 9, 2013 7:42 AM
Jul 2012

Considering that his hands got healed the same episode, madhouse could have gone a bit overboard instead of adding some black paint, oh if this is what they intend to do in CA arc I'm gonna get pissed.
Apr 9, 2013 8:38 AM

Jun 2012
Peridot-Peri said:
I'm sick of all the complaints about censoring. Some anime even censor the freaking knife the character is stabbed with. This show is aired on sunday mornings yet it shows Gon losing his hand. It's obvious madhouse is trying to get away with the censoring as much as they can and that's the best they can do. What else do you want? CA not being animated at all if they censor it?

^ This

I just hope people have realistic expectations for certain events that happen in the next arc or all hell will break loose again like Killua and Jones
Apr 9, 2013 8:40 AM

Nov 2012
Peridot-Peri said:
I'm sick of all the complaints about censoring. Some anime even censor the freaking knife the character is stabbed with. This show is aired on sunday mornings yet it shows Gon losing his hand. It's obvious madhouse is trying to get away with the censoring as much as they can and that's the best they can do. What else do you want? CA not being animated at all if they censor it?
We know, we can complain all we want. Deal with it or don't browse the threads. Simple.
Apr 9, 2013 11:28 AM
Jul 2012
Peridot-Peri said:
This sure is a friendly fandom.

That's a bit ironic coming from you, and what's wrong with complaining? it's not like we are bashing or hating on the show. Yeah I know it runs on sunday morning, I've been complaining about that stupid timeslot before it even aired, I still don't want to see some black paint all over the place in the next arc, I hate that kind of censorship
Apr 9, 2013 11:45 AM
Feb 2012
mrsword said:
To Anyone saying this version did not censor anything and its just different style, FALSE!

MadHouse Changed the angle of many scenes to try and censor the hand, for example:

I do not mind that, just don't say there is no censorship please, k? k thx

Madhouse didn't change any angles from the OVA because in case you
didn't know Madhouse isn't trying to remake the OVAs but instead
make a reboot of the manga and yes there is a difference.

There is no censorship. Know why? Because they already showed his
arm got exploded quite clearly. You're confusing toning down with
censorship. If you see what happens then that's not censorship.
At the very least it's really poor job of censorship.
Apr 9, 2013 11:55 AM
Feb 2012
Lolack said:

Considering that his hands got healed the same episode, madhouse could have gone a bit overboard instead of adding some black paint, oh if this is what they intend to do in CA arc I'm gonna get pissed.

The "black paint" is where Gon's arm got severely burned.
Complain if you want if you think it's a bad art style but it's not censorship.

Hybridbloodszak said:

^ This

I just hope people have realistic expectations for certain events that happen in the next arc or all hell will break loose again like Killua and Jones

Killua vs Jones is censorship as we never saw Killua actually crushing
the heart as he does in the manga. Instead we got an alternative scene.

This isn't censorship because we see Gon's arms exploded
and we get a very clear view of it. Now perhaps it's not
as violent looking as some like it to be and they didn't
really focus too much on it again as some would have liked
but the fact remains that in the manga Gon got his arms
exploded and that's exactly what we got in the anime.
Apr 9, 2013 12:02 PM

Feb 2013
Lolack said:

are you freakin serious? Having them actually show someones arm gone not good enough for you? Really? Prepare yourself to be disappointed next arc with your unrealistic expectations of blood and gore.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pitou saw Netero's flashback

Diablo_07 - Jun 8

26 by arutama »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Aug 3, 2013

325 by dspr »»
Today, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2014

245 by Nerdason »»
Today, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2014

361 by Nerdason »»
Today, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 139 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2014

258 by Nerdason »»
Today, 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.