Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2012 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
Wii U looks good, but the main game pad, with touch screen, I don't think it's confortable to play. The gamepad pro looks fine and more confortable. It's too soon to say anything, but I think WiiU will be a good console (not good like snes, but good).

I don't have any intention of buying Wii U right now, because in Brazil this console is crazily expensive:
wii-u-costs-over-1k-in-brazil
Nov 30, 2012 12:43 PM
Jul 2012
Vylash said:
I wanted one but sadly I don't have the money for it, but I do plan on getting one asap, the wii was very disappointing for me, but it looks like they're finally getting it right for the most part, the low storage is pretty damn retarded though

Also in terms of graphics, as long as it's HD I could care less

This
Dec 6, 2012 10:49 PM

Jun 2012
I don't have one, but my friend does. We played it at his house as a group of 5. It doesn't seem like much fun to play yourself, but it was good for local multiplayer. (That's where Nintendo usually excels though.) Trolling people in Mario with the gamepad is great fun. I probably wont get one until a new Smash Bros and Mario Kart come out.
Jun 3, 2013 5:06 PM

May 2010
Fun, just needs more third party support.
Jun 3, 2013 5:19 PM

Aug 2012
It's a DS and a Wii glued together.

It has some decent games though.
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 3, 2013 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
I like the Wii U.
Quite a bit. I feel it has a lot of potential, but I feel that most developers wont utilize the Wii U to its fullest potential. Still, that's okay.
I'm glad the Xbox One is already a flop. It'll hopefully get more people developing for the Wii U.
I'm actually tired of this focus on graphics. I feel it takes up too much time and money and is making games take longer to make and putting the focus where its not important. We need more focus on gameplay, characters, story, perhaps extras, etc. Make the game replayable. To focus on the graphics only makes the game look good. I want my games to have substance to them.
I wish systems would stop becoming more and more powerful. I think we've reached a point where we don't need systems to improve. They're fine. It's taking more and more money to make games and make games fitting for the systems of each generation. This is too much.
Also, I don't like the Wii U's controller. I want normal controllers like the PS2 controller or Gamecube controller; I want something very functional and doesn't focus too much on gimicks like motion control.
However, as a whole, I like the Wii U itself. It's powerful, its not too expensive, and its Nintendo.
Beats the Xbox One anyway.

That said...I want more good games on it.
Give me Zelda and Star Fox.
Jun 3, 2013 7:36 PM

Aug 2012
I really don't think the Wii U ever really had a chance in the first place. I can understand the "Fun for the whole family" appeal, but I can't really see it working out. The touch screen controller is kind of gimmicky and I can see how it can benefit (someone wants to watch TV, so I can take my game with me), but that will rarely ever happen in a dedicated gaming setup. I'm no big graphics-phile but Nintendo is just now catching up to the 360 and PS3. The Gamecube was excellent and could display beautiful images, but the Wii felt like a step back. The Wii U feels like one step forward and two back in the categories of graphics and games libraries (as all the Wii U has so far that is notable is ports of games that came out for 360/PS3 and Scribblenauts). I think that it is going to suffer the fate of everyone's Wii's, just sitting on the entertainment center, unplugged, collecting dust until the new Zelda or Metroid comes out.
Jun 3, 2013 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
feder said:
I'll get it when a new Zelda game comes out. Until then I'm happy with my Wii!

Basically what I'm going to do, along with a few other games. I won't be in a rush about it either.
Jun 3, 2013 8:15 PM

May 2010
Mizorefan said:
Wii U looks good, but the main game pad, with touch screen, I don't think it's confortable to play. The gamepad pro looks fine and more confortable. It's too soon to say anything, but I think WiiU will be a good console (not good like snes, but good).

I don't have any intention of buying Wii U right now, because in Brazil this console is crazily expensive:
wii-u-costs-over-1k-in-brazil

the controls are quite comfortable to play.
Jun 3, 2013 8:18 PM

May 2010
feder said:
that1weirdguy said:
well to tell you the truth wii u is kind of waste im just going to wait for the new gen xbox. well that just me.

Just hope the new Xbox 360 doesn't die as much as the last one. Now that would be a waste...

It just did
Jun 3, 2013 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
Better than the xbone
Jun 12, 2013 12:40 AM

May 2010
TonyTin said:
Better than the xbone

Wii u titles just took over the E3 show floor
Jun 12, 2013 2:32 AM

Feb 2013
I love my Wii U, I got the deluxe set around the holidays last year, I had buyer's remorse for a while, and I've learned my lesson to never buy a console at launch again, but overall I'm really happy with it, and after Nintendo's E3 presentation it only looks like things will get better. I think it's going to be the best console of this gen in terms of software, but I'm going to have to get a PS4 eventually just for KH 3 and FF XV unless, by some miracle, they end up coming to PC.
Jun 12, 2013 9:09 AM

May 2010
deadjames said:
I love my Wii U, I got the deluxe set around the holidays last year, I had buyer's remorse for a while, and I've learned my lesson to never buy a console at launch again, but overall I'm really happy with it, and after Nintendo's E3 presentation it only looks like things will get better. I think it's going to be the best console of this gen in terms of software, but I'm going to have to get a PS4 eventually just for KH 3 and FF XV unless, by some miracle, they end up coming to PC.

Most likely the will end up on pc or another console. Square needs the money so don't sweat it.
Jun 12, 2013 3:23 PM

Feb 2013
Air-Dragon said:
deadjames said:

Most likely the will end up on pc or another console. Square needs the money so don't sweat it.
I highly doubt they will end up on PC because PC gaming is not very popular in Japan, they've been confirmed for Xbox One, but I'd much rather get a PS4 because while neither of them look appealing to me PS4 is far more consumer friendly.
Jun 12, 2013 3:39 PM

Nov 2008
After E3, I'm uninspired, while it's better than the X1, it doesn't have a title I want that has something just as good on 3DS or even the exact same game on 3DS (SSB, Sonic Lost worlds). Nintendo did well but only on their 3DS lineup and I expect TGS to finish the job.

Jun 12, 2013 3:57 PM

May 2010
deadjames said:
Air-Dragon said:
deadjames said:

I highly doubt they will end up on PC because PC gaming is not very popular in Japan, they've been confirmed for Xbox One, but I'd much rather get a PS4 because while neither of them look appealing to me PS4 is far more consumer friendly.

When Final Fantasy entered the PC world ounce, i say as history repeats it self. That door it always open. Squares in trouble and trying to reboot and think they wouldn't care if is not very popular in Japan. Just make it a exclusive outside of japan.
Jun 12, 2013 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
Trapalicious said:
Ambalamps said:
50c is just too damn high right? Shame on Nintendo for trying to avoid the legal ramifications of kids having access to stuff they shouldn't.

The games are the same price. Since when was a new game not $60? You are just making shit up.

Have you actually played on a Wii U? Assassins Creed 3 looks every bit the same as it does on PS3 or 360. Hell it looks that good on the gamepad alone during the cut scenes.

I don't see any other service provider charging money. They clearly state within their manuals, or while setting up an account, that children below 13 will need adult consent. This 50c idea isn't going to do anything besides being a pain in the ass. Kids will either lie about their age, or parents who aren't paranoid will lie for them.

PC games cost £30 in general, PS3 & 360 games cost £30 - £40, Wii U games all cost £40 and up.
Just look at the prices here (£50 = $80)

No, but I didn't say that the Wii U looks bad neither. I was just saying that graphics can matter a lot. Either way, I'm not too interested in buying the Wii U, it brings nothing new to the table besides 1080p for consoles and a controller which will no doubt be used for nothing more than silly gameplay gimmicks, like the Wiimote was.

A lot of brand new games on the PS3 cost like 50 or 60 dollars.
removed-userJun 12, 2013 4:14 PM
Jun 12, 2013 5:31 PM

Feb 2005
Air-Dragon said:
When Final Fantasy entered the PC world ounce, i say as history repeats it self. That door it always open. Squares in trouble and trying to reboot and think they wouldn't care if is not very popular in Japan. Just make it a exclusive outside of japan.
Aye, the whole silly thinking that PC is not popular in Japan is what makes the Japanese gaming industry so mediocre today. It's obvious they will be loosing a lot of money when they don't make multiplat games like most of the AAA industry in the rest of the world does.
Jun 12, 2013 5:33 PM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
Air-Dragon said:
Aye, the whole silly thinking that PC is not popular in Japan is what makes the Japanese gaming industry so mediocre today. It's obvious they will be loosing a lot of money when they don't make multiplat games like most of the AAA industry in the rest of the world does.

the reasons for that are well know
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 12, 2013 5:48 PM

Feb 2005
DateYutaka said:
What, their leadership and marketing departments are inept?
Jun 12, 2013 6:00 PM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
DateYutaka said:
What, their leadership and marketing departments are inept?

nope alot of them began on PC Enix square Hudson Konami[ souptterd the MSX more than any major active Delover that i still around]

then with the profiration of Eroge after standardization minus falcom [ who have always been at heart a pc developer] all Left so the so the bubble Burst that last for 17/18 years
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 12, 2013 6:45 PM

Feb 2005
DateYutaka said:
nope alot of them began on PC Enix square Hudson Konami[ souptterd the MSX more than any major active Delover that i still around]

then with the profiration of Eroge after standardization minus falcom [ who have always been at heart a pc developer] all Left so the so the bubble Burst that last for 17/18 years
So they are inept.
Jun 12, 2013 6:46 PM

Nov 2008
Multiplats in Japan? unless WiiU is an option, it's almost a no go, they only sell on one system unless both are Japanese. Take Armored Core for example once it became multiplat with Armored Core 4 only the PS3 version sold in Japan and that was the standard from then on.

Jun 12, 2013 11:26 PM

May 2010
Baman said:
Air-Dragon said:

Agreed, I wish they just stop looking at japan for whats popular and let them decide if we get ports or not. Japan is just to rigid when it comes to software in my opinion.
Jun 12, 2013 11:37 PM

Aug 2009
I'd only get one for Monster Hunter. Kinda tired of being forced to play Freedom Unite on a small PSP screen.

...But then again, I could get a Vita...

...Okay. I have little to no interest in the WiiU, but I'll still rate it higher than the Xbox One because I have absolutely no interest in that console whatsoever.

Jun 13, 2013 6:34 AM

Feb 2005
Hoppy said:
Multiplats in Japan? unless WiiU is an option, it's almost a no go, they only sell on one system unless both are Japanese. Take Armored Core for example once it became multiplat with Armored Core 4 only the PS3 version sold in Japan and that was the standard from then on.
And that's exactly where the Japanese industry is so incredibly backwards. Who cares if Xbox or PC doesn't sell well there, it could sell a lot in the rest of the world. The Japanese market is just a tiny speck after all. It really seems as if they aren't interested in making money, or just don't understand that there is a world outside of their island.
Jun 13, 2013 7:19 AM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
DateYutaka said:

So they are inept.

nope the bigger names think is above them to share retail space with eroge
Alice and Leaf dominate the PC market here [ MMO's are manily tired to Cafe's here ] unless there console based

Falcon still relase game on PC all we need is another Bubble like we had in the 80's and 90's

for the most part thse is still honor in the Japanese Bisess world why do you think alot o names that are owned by biiger name still exist here
Taito for example thiu they been own by SE for ten years there name is still on the box

compare to what EA do

and the PS3 is more open to imports than the Pc cuase you do not need to Change you setting in ANY WAY or use nay app to play an imported pS3 game do you

and Korea is not open either
Many Korean massively-multiplayer online games require you to enter a South Korean residential registration number to register and play. someone else's number is a felony; you can end up paying the equivalent of$ 8,000
DateYutakaJun 13, 2013 7:37 AM

Jun 13, 2013 7:38 AM

Feb 2005
You miss my point, and bring in completely unrelated arguments.
I am saying they are terrible at business because they don't even attempt to exploit the PC market in the whole rest of the world. If PC players could also play all the Japanese console exclusives, the industry would make a ton more money. Why do you think CoD rakes in such huge amounts of cash? One of the reasons is that you can play it no matter what platform you have.
The fact that they somehow only seem to consider how the market is in Japan makes them short-sighted and ethnocentric, and is only making them loose money. Thus they clearly aren't optimised to the current market.

Of course, it is understandable that there is exclusives for the Wiiu, 3DS and such, due to the specific characteristics of these platforms. But any other game that does not rely on stuff like dual touch screens or motion controls hardly has any excuse for not being multiplat.
Jun 13, 2013 8:20 AM

Nov 2007
I'll be more excited about the Wii U when the games I'm looking forward to come out...

Super Smash Bros. U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker U
Legend of Zelda U
Monolith Soft X

That being said, I like some of the functions of the Wii U a lot. I love being able to visit miiverse while still being connected to a game to ask questions and get information about the game. I also like some of the extras that having a double screen gives you, like a bigger map or a less cluttered main screen. The Wii U feels a lot like a DS, but that's not a bad thing.
Jun 13, 2013 8:41 AM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
You miss my point, and bring in completely unrelated arguments.
I am saying they are terrible at business because they don't even attempt to exploit the PC market in the whole rest of the world. If PC players could also play all the Japanese console exclusives, the industry would make a ton more money. Why do you think CoD rakes in such huge amounts of cash? One of the reasons is that you can play it no matter what platform you have.
The fact that they somehow only seem to consider how the market is in Japan makes them short-sighted and ethnocentric, and is only making them loose money. Thus they clearly aren't optimised to the current market.

Of course, it is understandable that there is exclusives for the Wiiu, 3DS and such, due to the specific characteristics of these platforms. But any other game that does not rely on stuff like dual touch screens or motion controls hardly has any excuse for not being multiplat.

wait hild the phone there
its not as big as it wa sbut there is still a japanese be market but for exape
Ys most of the Franchsie has both been PC and Console based same with falcoms other huge Francsie but its not Falcom Falut that there Us distributors Do not license the PC version for the most part

same with Koei Strategy Games and there Online Versions

for example there has never been a PC version of Air management In the US but is Japan there was

there is some veru Good Non vn's o Japanese PC but they sell well but a games Licenseor does not pick them up cause of the name of the Developer
is not know in the west

Artdink for example just to name the biggest almost pur Pc Developer in Japan
system soft for two
Boatech for 3

two huge Japanese pc developers who for most of the time have been pc exclusive no pure developed console games olny ports to my knowing

a few of those ports have got us releases sure but not the oginal PC Versions

tthe ones who are willing to share that retail space are there but just not the the one know in the us
DateYutakaJun 13, 2013 8:52 AM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

57 by KenaiPhoenix »»
7 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3564 by Nette »»
Today, 1:22 AM

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - May 12

10 by Alpha-Nine »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

14 by Galletita »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM

» What are your PC specs

ST63LTH - May 5

16 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.