Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 14, 2011 12:03 PM
Sep 2009
There are SUPPOSED to be holes in Maverick's plan. Sunrise isn't stupid. Personally, I think a lot of people are going to get hurt in the next five episodes. This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite shows.

Kotetsu shouldn't have suspected Maverick, to do so would be totally out of character from everything the show has shown us before. Thanks Sunrise. I'm glad all of these bad things are happening. It's quite realistic of someone of Kotetsu's character.

God, next saturday is going to take forever to get here...
Aug 14, 2011 12:17 PM

Apr 2010
TIger can be so dense sometimes... haha :P

anyways next episode coulnt come sooner!
Aug 14, 2011 1:12 PM
Feb 2010
ASDF GOD DAMNIT MAVERICK
Aug 14, 2011 1:18 PM
Nov 2010
Dramatic irony at its finest.
:)
Aug 14, 2011 1:30 PM

Sep 2010
Maverick, you're the biggest douchebag evar. D: D: D:
(and Maverick looks so creepy in an apron, DNW...)

The Kotetsu/tea scene was hilarious. I love how they always still incorporate elements of humour into weepy, serious episodes. xD;;

From the preview, looks like Kaede will finally find out about Kotetsu being Wild Tiger. Yay! Hoping her being a NEXT plays some sort of role in saving her dad.
Aug 14, 2011 1:33 PM

Oct 2010
I have the impression that his daughter and lunatic will end up saving him.

Marverick probably will try to use his power on his daughter, but she'll instead acquire his power and become resistent to it, or simply acquire it from him.

And lunatic will either think by himself that he was set up or agree with him after some talking and(perhaps) battling too.
"Boredom is like poison."

Aug 14, 2011 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Well,this was quite an interesting turn of events.Anyways,since others were questioning why so many police were sent out for Kotetsu but not Lunatic,well,Lunatic only goes after criminals,he doesn't go after innocent people.However,Samantha was innocent and since people claim that Tiger killed her,well it's only natural that they'd go after him.And the reason they'd send all those cops after him is because a Next on the loose isn't something where you'd send a few cops for,this is a super powered being we're talking about here.
Aug 14, 2011 2:23 PM
Jan 2011
adamantine said:
I was seriously frustrated at how dense Tiger could be. He really didn't suspect Maverick at all.

On the flip side, it was hilarious watching Tiger not drink that cup of coffee. When he found the pin I thought he had put two and two together but no - he's just that amazing at annoying people.

Turning Bunny against Tiger, ouch. That will be an interesting confrontation.

Now I'm excited to see what Lunatic's part in all this will be. I can't wait for the next episode.

So it is.
Aug 14, 2011 2:26 PM

Jan 2009
FUCK I CANT WAIT ANYMORE

Aug 14, 2011 2:38 PM

Nov 2009
Damn Kotetsu is thick headed but I love him for that..
Aug 14, 2011 3:15 PM

Jul 2011
Shit really hit the fan.
While most of it had been expected from spoilers and speculations within the fandom; they got me this time.
It's all come down to let's believe, well, at least I'll try.

Lunatic in the preview is shedding some hope as he's obviously looking into the case, the plot could really use some of that 'voice of Thanatos' this time around.

Also,
Aug 14, 2011 3:54 PM

Aug 2007
Dang what an episode. Yeah this plan of Maverick's does have holes, but I don't think he cares about that as long as ends comes to the means with Kotestu being killed by the heroes.

Did Maverick really kill off Samantha? I was hoping she would be the contradiction that Bunny would knew. I guess it might be up to Lunatic shockingly. Though I guess I wouldn't mind that happening. :P The wait for the next ep is going to be a killer for me.
Aug 14, 2011 4:36 PM

Nov 2007
kirby_422 said:
I think his daughter will end up saving him. She will copy his ability to remove the alterations (of course, kotesu will first think all hope is lost when lunatic murders maverick. then he'll realize his daughter copied his powers, etc)

this is what i'm thinking too! or at least kaede's pretty much tiger's last strand of hope.:[[ hopefully she won't hesitate & doubt her own father's innocence.

& lmaodsjfhd SAMANTHA GOT GANGBANGED.
Aug 14, 2011 4:41 PM

Aug 2011
joongki said:

& lmaodsjfhd SAMANTHA GOT GANGBANGED.
HAHAHAHA murdered old people are funny
Aug 14, 2011 5:23 PM

Jun 2009
There is still a second season of tiger and bunny left so some people shouldn't get antsy about Lunatic not appearing for a while. (Alright, the second season is still under consideration but come on....it's practically in the bag) And whats this I hear about this show going downhill after the Jake saga? Hell! This show just got interesting after the Jake saga. Before that it was just a typical superhero show with more advertising. Sure it was enjoyable but it wasn't something I would rate highly.

I hope Tiger dies at the end of the series. WAIT! Hear me out. If Tiger dies at the end of the series it opens a barrel of potential for when(If) the second season comes. Even gives a chance for Kaede to enter the spotlight.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Aug 14, 2011 8:59 PM

Nov 2010
ok well it only took 20 eps but im finally starting to enjoy this anime.
Aug 15, 2011 12:45 AM

Jun 2008
Damn cliffhanger!!!! Want next episode NOW!!
From that last image i assume Blue Rose might hunting him down to the sewers.
INb4 before people(especially females) start hating spree on her next episode because she tried to get him. In the end she might remember something or hesitate.

AidanAK47 said:
There is still a second season of tiger and bunny left so some people shouldn't get antsy about Lunatic not appearing for a while. (Alright, the second season is still under consideration but come on....it's practically in the bag) And whats this I hear about this show going downhill after the Jake saga? Hell! This show just got interesting after the Jake saga. Before that it was just a typical superhero show with more advertising. Sure it was enjoyable but it wasn't something I would rate highly.

I hope Tiger dies at the end of the series. WAIT! Hear me out. If Tiger dies at the end of the series it opens a barrel of potential for when(If) the second season comes. Even gives a chance for Kaede to enter the spotlight.

Yeah, the show didn't go down at all. If anything is even more interesting now. But i guess not all can have the same taste. Some have taste that sucks, lol!!

And to all the people saying tiger is dense. Well he ain't as much you seem to be because you fail even harder because your brain is unable to get into the story and see it from the characters point and empathize with him. In his place you wouldn't have been better at all. The guy hasn't got the slightest indication before about Maverick being anything but a good and decent person. Bunny's praises even enforce that idea so naturally even if something strange occurs he want suspect him immediately. Now that the shit hit the fun he might start putting two and two together but still it's not as easy as you people think simply because you got the privilege as viewers to know the facts.
Seriously how dense can you people be?
Aug 15, 2011 1:08 AM

Dec 2010
Oh shit! Yes! Lunatic is back!
Hahah, Kotetsu does look like a criminal in that wanted picture.
Laughed a bit about Maverick trying to get Kotetsu to drink the coffee.
Aug 15, 2011 1:35 AM

Mar 2011
Why didn't Maverick just alter Tigers memories aswell?
Aug 15, 2011 2:24 AM

Jan 2011
Monad said:
Damn cliffhanger!!!! Want next episode NOW!!
From that last image i assume Blue Rose might hunting him down to the sewers.
INb4 before people(especially females) start hating spree on her next episode because she tried to get him. In the end she might remember something or hesitate.

AidanAK47 said:

Yeah, the show didn't go down at all. If anything is even more interesting now. But i guess not all can have the same taste. Some have taste that sucks, lol!!

And to all the people saying tiger is dense. Well he ain't as much you seem to be because you fail even harder because your brain is unable to get into the story and see it from the characters point and empathize with him. In his place you wouldn't have been better at all. The guy hasn't got the slightest indication before about Maverick being anything but a good and decent person. Bunny's praises even enforce that idea so naturally even if something strange occurs he want suspect him immediately. Now that the shit hit the fun he might start putting two and two together but still it's not as easy as you people think simply because you got the privilege as viewers to know the facts.
Seriously how dense can you people be?

Really?

Missing Friend

Button that I personally bought for him under the fucking table

Maverick saying he hasn't seen him or really talked to him, But the BUTTON IS UNDER THE FUCKING TABLE

Maverick is not getting off with no doubts after that from me.
Stop making excuses, that's piss poor detective skills on Kotetsu's part, and then that ridiculous story about Bunny being abducted while Maverick must have been out......REALLY?
Aug 15, 2011 2:28 AM

Jan 2011
So if this is a setup for season two, we can expect a big cliffhanger in episode 25 and no resolution to this arc right? I'm not sure how I feel about that--the pacing of this series really seemed to be tied to finishing off around episode 25, and not even the long anticipated rock bison backstory is enough to justify another season.

Kotetsu's NEXT power is 100 strength, not super-deduction capability. Most of the hero tv action seems to be chasing down an already identified perpetrator who is fleeing the scene. While he is a nice guy, he isn't the sharpest pencil in the box--witness his total lack of realization the blue rose has a mad crush on him. It doesn't surprise me that he didn't put things together and identify maverick as the big bad.
rodacAug 15, 2011 2:32 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 15, 2011 2:59 AM
Jun 2008
I think Tiger did a good strategy when he fight against Ouroboros.I think he just never expected he is going to get betray by Maverick.
We are the viewer, not Kotetsu =P
Aug 15, 2011 8:33 AM

Sep 2008
I was totaly laughing my ass off during the coffee scene. Kotetsu is actually so stupid it helps him at some points.

Other than that, it was a pretty good episode. But the lack of suspiciousy towards Maverick from Bunny's side made me somewhat frustrated. But i guess i can't blame him too much, his memories was reset AND changed within a short period of time.

Oh, and judging by the preview, Blue Rose and Tiger is going to meet in the next episode. Maybe an declaration of her feelings for him too? That is, IF she remember him, ofcourse. I somewhat hope she didn't drink the drug, and somehow has her original memories intact. That or she gets them back due to Tiger doing, or saying something for her to remember them.

God damn. The wait is killing me.
Aug 15, 2011 9:45 AM
Aug 2011
It's funny how the one great rescue Tiger does happens right before he becomes enemy #1.
Aug 15, 2011 12:20 PM
Jun 2008
wonder on what note this season ends... read somewhere that there is gonna be a second season.

Great episode by the way. Could have been a little darker in my opinion, i mean Tiger's reaction to all this was quite underwhelming. But the set up is just great. Also like the fact that Mavericks plan is far from bullet proof.

It opens up a lot of possibilities storywise. Can't predict how the events are gonna turn.
Aug 15, 2011 12:29 PM

Aug 2011
rodac said:
So if this is a setup for season two, we can expect a big cliffhanger in episode 25 and no resolution to this arc right? I'm not sure how I feel about that--the pacing of this series really seemed to be tied to finishing off around episode 25, and not even the long anticipated rock bison backstory is enough to justify another season.

Kotetsu's NEXT power is 100 strength, not super-deduction capability. Most of the hero tv action seems to be chasing down an already identified perpetrator who is fleeing the scene. While he is a nice guy, he isn't the sharpest pencil in the box--witness his total lack of realization the blue rose has a mad crush on him. It doesn't surprise me that he didn't put things together and identify maverick as the big bad.
i think this will wrap up perfectly and the second seaosn wont really be a continuation but more of same world different character ordeal,i mena regard;ess of what happens kotetsu wont be the main character in T&B2

if he survives he still loses his powers and he retires, if he dies......well self explanatory
Aug 15, 2011 12:43 PM

Dec 2007
Hmm.. Well since Lunatic hasn't got his memory erased, he still knows Kotetsu is (was) a hero... It'd be interesting to see him help Kotetsu clear his name. But how on earth he's gonna make them remember everything? Unless he beats Maverick and makes him give their memories back or something...
Aw, how am I gonna wait for a whole week?! D:
Aug 15, 2011 9:30 PM
Jun 2011
Blacksaber said:
Damn Kotetsu is thick headed but I love him for that..

I was hoping Kotetsu would have something up his sleeve like he did with Jake but no he really hadn't caught on :D
Aug 16, 2011 12:08 AM

Jan 2011
Im calling it

Wild tiger + Lunatic + KAIDE vs The heroes

YES I SAID KAIDE HIS DAUGHTER that would be flippin AWESOME!! GO CHILD TIGER!!
[center]
Aug 16, 2011 12:10 AM

Aug 2011
VioLink said:
Im calling it

Wild tiger + Lunatic + KAIDE vs The heroes

YES I SAID KAIDE HIS DAUGHTER that would be flippin AWESOME!! GO CHILD TIGER!!
that would be awsome but i dont think kaide has enough controll of her powers
Aug 16, 2011 9:15 AM

Nov 2009
Maverick is a bad ass guy. Well he played with memory, but turning him into a bad guy even though he is a hero was just SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH! I was so excited just watching Tiger being stupid and not drinking the coffee.

More importantly, will Kaede learn the truth about her dad from grandma instead of believing he is a murderer? Also if they don't add Lunatic into this arc then they would either leave it incomplete or save it for a second season option. Actually, i wouldn't mind a second season although i might just want to call it quits with a good one.
Aug 16, 2011 12:23 PM

Aug 2011
helur said:
Maverick is a bad ass guy. Well he played with memory, but turning him into a bad guy even though he is a hero was just SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH! I was so excited just watching Tiger being stupid and not drinking the coffee.

More importantly, will Kaede learn the truth about her dad from grandma instead of believing he is a murderer? Also if they don't add Lunatic into this arc then they would either leave it incomplete or save it for a second season option. Actually, i wouldn't mind a second season although i might just want to call it quits with a good one.
its pretty obvious that she knows already, when she was talking on the phone with kotetsu hand she said her powers are "copying ability" she knew that the only other person she touched was kotetsu
Aug 16, 2011 2:50 PM

Mar 2008
shit i hate cliffhangers
i loved the coffee scene
looking forward to know how kaede will react to learning the truth about kotestsu
wonder how will lunatic react
death to tiger?
Aug 16, 2011 10:18 PM

Apr 2008
fluttershy said:
IIxAnxietyxII said:
Why didn't Maverick just alter Tigers memories aswell?

didn't he try to? Seems the most likely reason for him to drug the coffee. Maverick's just impatient I guess...

Maverick is after big ratings and has a sick sense of irony. Making heroes turn against their own will lead to good fights and most likely a hysterical/very confused Kotetsu. He knows the intimate details of his friend's powers and lives, making him a greater enemy than a carbon-copy thug, and his emotions will lead the public to think him a total lunatic - also drawing in more viewers. It's a gamble on Maverick's part, but it will lead to profits for HeroTV, which is his ultimate goal; and really, from his point of view, how can Kotetsu win?

I'm interested in Lunatic's next move - he's not the type to hear Kotetsu out and join the fight, but he's also intelligent, has researched Wild Tiger, and might realize what's going on. Or think Wild Tiger's gone and pulled a Legend. Either way, it looks to me like he's being set up for some form of redemption.

As for Maverick, I sincerely hope he gets his just desserts.
senpaidokidokiAug 16, 2011 10:38 PM
Aug 17, 2011 10:46 PM
Jun 2011
^^ Yeah, I think Lunatic is fairly obsessed with Kotetsu; at least enough to see through the fact that he's been framed. He obviously is going to take a shot at Maverick when he figures out that he is the mastermind and has already killed a bunch of people but T&B will end up stopping him. Kaede might end up using her copy ability to restore the lost memories of the heroes in the end :D

Anyway, if its ratings Maverick is after then there is no way he can lose regardless of the outcome.
Aug 18, 2011 1:01 AM

Mar 2009
I agree with everyone who pointed out that while Tiger may be dense he had no way of knowing Maverick was behind everything. Yeah, those moments when he was suspicious of Bunny's location were annoying but he had no reason to suspect his own boss. Remember he still feels bad about the bitch-slapping he gave Bunny a while ago and wants to tell him the truth about his powers. In addition to that he's worried about Bunny's mental state and the new evidence they came up with. So it makes sense that Tiger never suspected Maverick for a moment.

Now the poor guy is confused as to why no one remembers him, horrified to hear that Samantha is dead and shocked to learn he's been framed for murder. Those emotions are only going to get worse when he discovers his friends don't remember who he is and want to take him down for the said murder-- especially Bunny. I'd like to see how the Crusher for Justice is going to get himself out of this one. I hope his kind nature and previous good deeds repay him in some manner.

On another note, I recall a few people speculating that Tiger may have murdered Bunny's parents a dozen or so episodes back. Kind of ironic to have Tiger put into this situation with Samantha (even if he was framed). ;)
Aug 18, 2011 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
OMG D; Poor Kotetsu, dense as always lol. I don't blame him though, and OMG PLOT TWIST. Now nobody knows who he is and he's suspected of being the murderer! Although with his fingerprints and stuff ... I guess he IS suspicious ... >_< Egad D:
Oh but him saying the title was so cute this week lol :P
Aug 18, 2011 3:29 PM
Jun 2011
Lunatic and Kotetsu are gonna FUCK SHIT UP. YEAH.

Also, looks like Maverik's going to turn Kaeda into a Hero to fight against Kotetsu. Dick move Maverik >.>
Aug 18, 2011 7:41 PM

Feb 2010
This episode fills me with a unspeakable hatred for Maverick

SIGH
Aug 20, 2011 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
[center]
Aug 20, 2011 11:44 AM

Feb 2009
I think Lunatic is the key together with Kotetsu to beating Maverick..
I didn't see that set up coming though.. Maverick you bitch.
Aug 20, 2011 8:51 PM

Jun 2008

Anyone notice the spelling errors?
Aug 22, 2011 5:25 PM

Aug 2008
Unlike in most situations where I would relish seeing former allies face off, I REALLY don't want to see Tiger fight anybody on his team. Not even Bunny. That's right, I said it. As gay as it looks, I would much rather them be friends than foes. My only guess is that Lunatic, who I'm guessing is one of the smarter if not smartest character in this show, will figure it out before Kotetsu gets demolished. That's right folks. Pin your hopes on the homicidal maniac with the well groomed hair.

Aug 24, 2011 9:02 AM
Dec 2007
Haha, fantastic set up by Maverick. I'll be loving the last few episodes it seems.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 27, 2011 10:12 AM

Feb 2011
DAMN. 5 star episode. Things are getting incredibly intense.
Aug 30, 2011 9:55 AM

Oct 2010
For those in the love-Lunatic stream: I'm in.

Yep, also agreed that there's just too many plot holes about Maverick's scheme, help is bound to come on the basis of these holes. So far I'm lovin all the intensity and the twists, from the beginning I was perceiving this anime to be leaning for the positive side and that I shouldn't take it with angsty thoughts so I'm really looking forward to the climax.

Getting excited. :D
Sep 1, 2011 11:44 AM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
I can't stop laughing during the tea time.Can Ketetsu just drink the tea already lol

^SAME.
can't beleave this, this has just come out and there are only 5 episodes left are they planning to end it really quickly or have the other season they were talking about?
Sep 4, 2011 4:49 AM

Mar 2011
RedMage23 said:
DAMN. 5 star episode. Things are getting incredibly intense.
Oct 13, 2011 5:34 PM

Feb 2008
lmao at the tea part
Im very curious as to how Kotetsu is going to get out of this *marathons last 5 episodes* ;-; only 5 D|
Nov 6, 2011 4:57 PM
Mar 2010
Homestuck said:
IceAndCream said:

Maverick is now the new definition of SLEAZEBALL!!!!!

Seriously Maverick &gt; : I

Hitting the final stretch here and it's getting intense. I thought this show was just gonna be goofy superhero fun the whole time.

Boy was I wrong.

I knowwww. This twist, I didn't expect it, but once Kriem said it wasn't Jake, I started questioning if Bunny actually remembered correctly, I mean he was young and all. And now this!

MorningGlory said:
I can't stop laughing during the tea time.Can Kotetsu just drink the tea already lol

I thought Kotetsu realize it was a trap when he took the pin badge during the tea time, but I can't believe he is just an natural airhead when he get another pin badge inside the car T.T .He is one lucky guy.

Yeah he is, haha. I thought so too and that he was being smart. I really hope he can get everything back to normal.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.