Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2011 8:54 AM

Dec 2008
reported by MAL news:
Fourth Season of Natsume Yuujinchou Announced

According to LaLa magazine, the fourth season of Natsume Yuujinchou was announced to be aired from January 2012. The title is "Natsume Yuujinchou Shi".

Source: Scan of LaLa
Oct 23, 2011 5:22 PM

Dec 2008
reported by MAL news team:
Live Action Akira Greenlit

According to Variety, after previous news that a decision would be made this week, the live action Akira movie has been greenlit by Warner Bros. It is slated for late February/early March and "Tron: Legacy" star Garrett Hedlund is the front-runner for the lead role of Kaneda.

The film's current story according to Variety is the following: "Set in New Manhattan, the cyberpunk sci-fi epic follows the leader of a biker gang who must save his friend, discovered with potentially destructive psychokinetic abilities, from government medical experiments."

Source: Variety
Oct 27, 2011 9:06 PM

Dec 2008
Manga 'Junjou Mistake' To Be Animated (reported by MAL news)

According to CIEL Tres Tres magazine, manga Junjou Mistake was announced to get an anime adaptation. It's a side story of Junjou Romantica.

Oct 27, 2011 9:09 PM

Dec 2008
this is cool ~
The 'Fallen Satellite' of Steins;Gate Displayed on the Model Building in Akihabara (reported by MAL news)

According to the official website, a live event of Steins;Gate has been held at Akhabara Radio Kaikan, where an "artificial satellite-like object" had fallen in the anime. During the three-day event, a model of the satellite is displayed on the roof of Radio Kaikan just as it appeared in the anime.

Picture of the satellite 'fallen' on Radio Kaikan
Second picture

The disassembly of Akihabara Radio Kaikan has already been underway because of the overage of the building. The event has been held on the remaining first floor.

Source: Steins Gate official website
Oct 29, 2011 5:11 AM

May 2010
gINGEr said:
this is cool ~
The 'Fallen Satellite' of Steins;Gate Displayed on the Model Building in Akihabara (reported by MAL news)

According to the official website, a live event of Steins;Gate has been held at Akhabara Radio Kaikan, where an "artificial satellite-like object" had fallen in the anime. During the three-day event, a model of the satellite is displayed on the roof of Radio Kaikan just as it appeared in the anime.

Picture of the satellite 'fallen' on Radio Kaikan
Second picture

The disassembly of Akihabara Radio Kaikan has already been underway because of the overage of the building. The event has been held on the remaining first floor.

Source: Steins Gate official website

I guess Steins;Gate made quite the 'impact' on everyone. :p
Oct 29, 2011 9:29 PM

Dec 2008
x3
Nov 2, 2011 11:33 PM

Dec 2010
1st Berserk Film's New Trailer (Click to read ANN article)

PzykoSkillzNov 2, 2011 11:43 PM
Nov 3, 2011 12:18 AM

Dec 2008
thx for posting Pzyko - I don't like how Casca looks, but oh well. I'll still watch it.
Nov 3, 2011 9:49 PM

Dec 2010
Japanese Government To Sell Film Rights of Anime to Hollywood
Story from ANN:

As a joint venture between Japanese anime industry members and Hollywood, the new All Nippon Entertainment Works anime and film company will begin operations this month. With an investment of 6 billion yen (about US$76.86 million) from the public-private partnership Innovation Network Corporation of Japan (INCJ), the company was established in October in order to support and promote Japan's contents industry.

The Japanese-American partnership is aiming to produce Japanese anime and films based and release them with tie-ins such as games, books (including novels and manga), toys, and character goods in the international marketplace. The company will get rights for popular Japanese stories from their copyright holders and collaborate with American producers on tasks such as scriptwriting and directing the films and anime. All Nippon Entertainment Works plans to produce ten titles in its first three years with an investment of 3 billion yen (about US$38.43 million).

Japanese "collaborative partner" companies announced in August include Asmik-Ace Entertainment, Dentsu, Fuji Television Network, Mitsubishi Corporation, Nikkatsu Corporation, Production I.G, TOHO-TOWA Company, Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, and the Tomy Company. As operations progress, All Nippon Entertainment Works plans to expand this list.

MAL News Thread
PzykoSkillzNov 3, 2011 10:03 PM
Nov 7, 2011 11:55 AM

Dec 2010
Madoka Magica Film Project
Story from ANN:

The December issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Newtype magazine is announcing on Thursday that a theatrical film project of Puella Magi Madoka Magica is launching. The magazine also notes that the original television anime won 12 of the 21 awards at the first ever Newtype Anime Awards in Tokushima last month.

The acclaimed television series aired from January to April of this year. The finale was delayed due to the March 11 Great Eastern Japan Earthquake or Higashi Nihon Daishinsai disaster. Aniplex of America, the American arm of the Japanese production company Aniplex, will release the original television anime on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in three English-dubbed volumes, starting February 14 of next year.

Update: When asked about Madoka Magica on the cover, the HMV retailer's anime department reports that the next Newtype cover only has Nanoha.

Update: HMV's anime department apologized for spreading unconfirmed information on the possibility of a Madoka Magica film in its posting earlier in the day.

Update from ANN
Atsuhiro Iwakami, the producer of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica anime, is revealing in the December issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine on Thursday that the upcoming theatrical film project will be a trilogy. In particular, two films will be a compilation of the television series, while one film will be an all-new story.

Iwakami made the comments in an interview that also included director Akiyuki Shinbo (SHAFT), original character designer Ume Aoki, and writer Gen Urobuchi.

[Via @loryHamon, Moe Ota-News Sokuhō]

Update: Urobuchi had already pretty much finished the final draft for the new film, and production is proceeding next. According to Shinbo, the subtitle of the new film is still undecided, but he really wanted to call it "Incubator no Gyakushū" ("Incubator Strikes Back" or "Incubator's Counterattack").

MAL News Thread
In other Madoka Magica News
PzykoSkillzNov 8, 2011 11:36 PM
Nov 8, 2011 12:24 PM

Dec 2008
thanks for posting - so no madoka film? hum >.
Nov 9, 2011 9:20 AM

Dec 2010
Voice Actor Ken Yamaguchi Passes Away at 55
Story from ANN

Voice actor Kiyohiro Yamaguchi and voice actress Midori reported that fellow voice actor Ken Yamaguchi passed away on October 24 due to illness. He was 55.

Ken Yamaguchi's numerous roles include Ein in Fist of the North Star, Genji Togashi in Sakigake!! Otoko Juku, Flazzard in Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken, Ankoku Dragon/Tarantula Arakune/Heat Saint in Saint Seiya, Ashuraman/Prisman/The Omegaman in Kinnikuman: Kinnikusei Ōi Sōdatsu-hen, Blurr in the Japanese dub of Transformers, and Blueberry/Raspberry in Dragon Ball Z. His final posthumous project was voice work which will air later in the ongoing Soreike! Anpanman television series.

Ken Yamaguchi was born under the name Kiyoshige Yamaguchi in 1956. He founded OYS Produce and Planning as a management agency for voice actors and actresses, particularly for newcomers training in the field. He was also the father of Kiyohiro Yamaguchi.

MAL Thread
Nov 9, 2011 9:33 PM

Dec 2008
PzykoSkillz said:
Update from ANN
Atsuhiro Iwakami, the producer of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica anime, is revealing in the December issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine on Thursday that the upcoming theatrical film project will be a trilogy. In particular, two films will be a compilation of the television series, while one film will be an all-new story.

Iwakami made the comments in an interview that also included director Akiyuki Shinbo (SHAFT), original character designer Ume Aoki, and writer Gen Urobuchi.

[Via @loryHamon, Moe Ota-News Sokuhō]

Update: Urobuchi had already pretty much finished the final draft for the new film, and production is proceeding next. According to Shinbo, the subtitle of the new film is still undecided, but he really wanted to call it "Incubator no Gyakushū" ("Incubator Strikes Back" or "Incubator's Counterattack").

MAL News Thread
In other Madoka Magica News

yay ~ I'm not expecting anything to be better than the ending of the series - but I'll still watch it definitely.
Nov 12, 2011 10:54 PM

Dec 2010
Oldboy Remake
Story from ANN

The Twitch film website reported on Friday that actor Colin Firth (The King's Speech, A Single Man, Love Actually) has been offered the villain role of Adrian in Spike Lee's remake of Park Chan-Wook's live-action film Oldboy. Twitch noted that Firth was at one point slated to play a role in Chan-wook's English-language film Stoker, but that did not work out.

Director Spike Lee (Do the Right Thing, Jungle Fever, Malcolm X) signed onto Mandate Pictures' American remake of Oldboy in July, and Josh Brolin is slated to play the male lead. Park's film was itself inspired by Garon Tsuchiya and Nobuaki Minegishi's manga Old Boy.

Last month, a writer for the entertainment trade magazine Variety reported that Mandate Pictures is still filling its female led role for the film since Rooney Mara (The Social Network, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo remake) passed on it.

Mandate Pictures is developing the project with producers Doug Davison and Roy Lee (The Ring, Dark Water [2005], Death Note and Godzilla remake plans) of Vertigo Entertainment and Lee's 40 Acres & A Mule Productions. Mark Protosevich (Thor, I Am Legend) wrote a script, and Mandate Pictures President Nathan Kahane is serving as executive producer.

The trade magazine Variety earlier described the Korean film's story about "a man who's kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years. When he's finally released and begins looking into the reason for his captivity, he soon finds out that his kidnapper has even more torturous plans for him." (The original manga has the protagonist imprisoned for a different number of years and does not have the Korean film's added plot twist ending.)

Dark Horse Comics publishes the manga in North America.
Nov 15, 2011 6:38 PM

Dec 2010
Two Movies of Tiger and Bunny Announced
MAL Thread

According to Dengeki Online, two movies of Tiger and Bunny were announced at a live event held in Yokohama on November 13th. They will be premiered in 2012.

Illustrations and Screenshots of the movies

Tiger and Bunny 1
Tiger and Bunny 2
PzykoSkillzNov 15, 2011 6:42 PM
Nov 20, 2011 5:28 PM

Dec 2010
Arrietty Anime Film's U.S. Dub Featurette Posted
Story from ANN

The Fandango website began streaming a 91-second featurette for the North American-dubbed version of Hiromasa Yonebayashi and Studio Ghibli's Arrietty film. The video includes movie clips and comments from the dub's main cast.

The film, which will be titled The Secret World of Arrietty, will receive a theatrical run in North America starting on February 17. Disney began streaming the dub's trailer in October.

Written and planned by Ghibli co-founder Hayao Miyazaki, the movie opened in theaters across Japan in July 2010. The film received a different English dub in the United Kingdom and ran in theaters there on August 26.

The film re-imagines Mary Norton's 1952 novel The Borrowers by moving the story to a Tokyo suburb. The story revolves around Arrietty, a member of the "little people" who live under the floorboards of a regular human family's home, and their struggle to remain hidden from the human "beans."

Producer Frank revealed in January that Bridgit Mendler is voicing the title character. Joining her in the cast are Amy Poehler as Arrietty's mother, Will Arnett as Pod, David Henrie as Shawn, Gracie Poletti as Aunt Jessica, Moises Arias as Spiller, and Carol Burnett as Hara.

Nov 21, 2011 11:07 PM

Dec 2010
Berserk Movie Updates
MAL Thread

According to Oricon News, the titles of the second and the third movies of Berserk Golden Age Arc was announced. The second movie is "Golden Age Arc II: Capture of Doldrey" and the battle in Doldrey Fortress will be animated. The third movie is "Golden Age Arc III: The Descent" and the event of the Eclipse will be described.

Premiere schedules and durations
Golden Age Arc I: February 4th 2012, 80 min
Golden Age Arc II: June 2012, 100 min
Golden Age Arc III: in 2012, 110 min

More info HERE at Oricon News
Nov 22, 2011 7:53 PM

Dec 2008
yay... all 3 in the same year - unfortunately, i think either the production quality will be low or the movies will be stalled - i would rather wait longer for them than end up with crappy movies - but, i guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed - i still hope for the best of course xD
Nov 25, 2011 8:46 PM

Dec 2010
Takeshi Miike's Live-Action Ai to Makoto Teaser Posted
Story from ANN

The Cinema Today website began streaming a 32-second teaser trailer for Takashi Miike's live-action film adaptation of Ikki Kajiwara's Ai to Makoto (Ai and Makoto) romance manga on Thursday.

Emi Takei (live-action Rurouni Kenshin) will play an innocent high school girl named Ai Saotome, and Satoshi Tsumabuki (live-action Dororo, Dragon Head, Ikebukuro West Gate Park) will play the high school delinquent Makoto Taiga in the love story. Kajiwara (Ashita no Joe, Kyojin no Hoshi, Tiger Mask) wrote the original manga with illustrations by Takumi Nagayasu (Mibu Gishiden, The Legend of Mother Sarah) for Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine from 1973 to 1976.

Thirty-six years after its last live-action adaptation, Ai to Makoto will open in theaters across Japan on June 16, 2012. The Ai to Makoto romance manga inspired a live-action television adaptation in 1974 as well as three live-action films in 1974, 1975 and 1976.

I'm interested to see how it turns out b/c I like a lot of Miike's films and some of them are out there.
Nov 25, 2011 10:29 PM

Dec 2008
I'm not a big fan of most of his films, but I do appreciate his skill. I'm sure Kittilicious will be happy to see this too. xD
Nov 28, 2011 11:03 AM

Oct 2010
The trailer for the new Rurouni Kenshin OVA is out

The animation looks really good, can't wait to watch this!!!
Nov 28, 2011 6:29 PM

Dec 2008
thx for posting xD animation does look good
Nov 28, 2011 8:46 PM

Dec 2010
Miyazaki Hayao's Next Film Won't Be Viewed At Ease
MAL Thread

According to Hollywood Channel News, Suzuki Toshio revealed the concept of the next film of Miyazaki Hayao. He said Studio Ghibli is now pursuing realism and the audience cannot watch Miyazaki's new movie at ease. "The earthquake has caused a social unrest, which affected the creators' mind greatly. Poverty has become a realistic threat for the general public. We had already expected the paradigm shift of Japanese society before the earthquake," Suzuki said.
gINGErNov 29, 2011 12:21 PM
Nov 29, 2011 12:22 PM

Dec 2008
I'm looking forward to depressing miyazaki ~ sounds interesting
Dec 1, 2011 10:16 AM

Dec 2010
For JaganshiHiei,

Warner Announces Japanese Live Action Film of Rurouni Kenshin
MAL Thread

According to Comic Natalie, Warner Bros. has announced a live action movie of Rurouni Kenshin. Actor Satoh Takeru (official blog) will play Kenshin and the film will be premiered in 2012. Warner plans serial releases of the film.

Staff:
Executive Producer: William Ireton (the President of Warner Entertainment Japan)
Director: Ohtomo Seishi ("Ryomaden")
Studio: Studio Swan ("Paradise Kiss live action")
Dec 1, 2011 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
@PzykoSkillz

Thanks!! This is great news XD Hope they do the Tsuiokuhen story.
Dec 16, 2011 12:53 PM

Oct 2010
PzykoSkillz said:
For JaganshiHiei,

Warner Announces Japanese Live Action Film of Rurouni Kenshin
MAL Thread

According to Comic Natalie, Warner Bros. has announced a live action movie of Rurouni Kenshin. Actor Satoh Takeru (official blog) will play Kenshin and the film will be premiered in 2012. Warner plans serial releases of the film.

Staff:
Executive Producer: William Ireton (the President of Warner Entertainment Japan)
Director: Ohtomo Seishi ("Ryomaden")
Studio: Studio Swan ("Paradise Kiss live action")

The trailer is out:
Dec 16, 2011 6:36 PM

Dec 2010
I'm in a manga mood since I got one in the mail today :)

Elfen Lied's Lynn Okamoto Launches New Manga Series
Story on ANN

2012's third issue of Shueisha's Young Jump magazine is announcing on Thursday that manga creator Lynn Okamoto (Elfen Lied, Nononono) is launching a new series titled Kiwaguro no Brynhildr in the ninth issue on January 26. The tagline for the manga reads, "'I killed my girlfriend…!' A dark fantasy of pure love!!"

Okamoto also created the story behind a one-shot manga named "Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joō" (You Are the Queen for Indecent Me). Mengo Yokoyari (Haruwaka) is drawing this one-shot for the eighth issue on January 19.

The Elfen Lied manga inspired a television anime series that ADV Films released in North America.
Jan 11, 2012 7:19 PM

Dec 2008
reported by MAL news team...
TV Anime of Matsumoto Leiji's Unpublished Work 'Ozma' Announced (click to visit the thread)

According to Nikkan Sports, Matsumoto Leiji's unpublished work "Ozma" was announced to get a TV anime adaptation. Matsumoto wrote the draft script of Ozma in the 1980s but it hadn't been animated. Satellite TV channel WOWOW proposed him to animate Ozma as the 20th anniversary project of the channel. The six-episode series will be aired from March 16th.

Ozma anime official website

Staff
General Director: Takahashi Ryosuke
Director: Ikezoe Takahiro (episode director of "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood")
Script: Takegami Junki
Production Studio: Equity Pictures Japan

Story:
In the far future, the elevated irradiation from the sun has destroyed the environment of the earth and the birthrate of humans has drastically decreased. The government controls society with an army of cloned soldiers called "Ideal Children (IC)". Sam Coin is a trader in a desert. One day, he saves a beautiful woman Maya, who has been chased by Theseus, a corps of IC. He shelters her in his trade ship, but the destroyers of Theseus surround Sam and Maya.

Source: Nikkan Sports

I'm pretty excited about this, as anyone who knows me well enough could have guessed. ^^
Jan 14, 2012 2:05 PM

Dec 2008
Lots of news for Geass fans~

As reported by MAL news team:
Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito Due in Early Summer
Spin-off OVA of Code Geass 'Nunnally in Wonderland' Announced
Movie Project of Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch Announced

you can read about them on MAL by clicking the links above
Jan 15, 2012 1:05 AM

May 2010
Yay finally some Code Geass stuff.
Jan 17, 2012 1:32 AM

Dec 2008
a few news reports from MAL...

Second Season of Uta no Prince-sama Announced

OVA adaptation of BL manga Tight Rope announced

Director Sato Tatsuo Eliminates Romance From Moretsu Pirates and Lagrange

First Episode of Gokujyo. Canceled Due to Censorship

click the links above to visit the thread for more info

...and my reaction to these bits (in order of above posting...)
Jan 17, 2012 2:15 AM

May 2010
That Gokujyo censorship thing is extremely sad...
Jan 17, 2012 9:39 AM

Oct 2010
Bugsquasher said:
That Gokujyo censorship thing is extremely sad...

Yeah... Seems there's more and more censorship each year on tv :(
I'm curious to see what was so bad about it... Maybe there will be some fansubs for it, seeing how it will be streamed eventually.
Jan 19, 2012 9:19 AM

Dec 2008
I know. It's only a five minute show to begin with. (something I wasn't aware of) It had something to do with a girl forgetting to wear her pantsu or something and then taking off another girl's. I'll prob preview this show (since the first ep will be streamed soon, just on a different channel), but then wait for the dvd release to actually watch it. I wish I had done the same for Blood+, but at least I still enjoyed that series.
Feb 7, 2012 2:54 AM
Feb 7, 2012 10:31 AM

Dec 2008
The snow sculptures were pretty cute xD.

@Hypercardiac ~
Feb 9, 2012 4:03 PM

Dec 2008
Jeans are cute =D
And, omg that poor lady who was hit by one of the snow sculptures!!!!
Feb 11, 2012 1:50 AM

May 2010
That's extremely unlucky for that old woman. Lol.

Hmm Stereopony, never listened to them.
>Proceeds to listen
Pretty good^^
Feb 13, 2012 6:18 PM

Dec 2008
lols ~ Tiger & Bunny shoes :3
Feb 17, 2012 8:40 PM

Dec 2008
"Report Linking Russian Suicides with Anime Criticized"
WTF @___@
Feb 17, 2012 9:52 PM

Dec 2011
I know right?!?! Way to blame it on something other than what the real issue is lol!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the name of that anime where... ?

gINGEr - Feb 20, 2013

13 by ianh16 »»
Mar 23, 2017 2:20 PM

» Anime that makes you think!

gINGEr - Jan 12, 2011

32 by Rhiannon-Senpai »»
May 31, 2015 7:37 AM

» So bad - it's good- titles

gINGEr - Jan 23, 2014

14 by oudkee »»
Jan 29, 2015 7:32 PM

» Your Top 10 Anime Favorites

gINGEr - Mar 2, 2013

19 by Kaji02 »»
Dec 29, 2014 7:06 PM

Sticky: » (Open) Offical Badges V.2

gINGEr - Apr 9, 2013

44 by Coranie »»
Nov 9, 2014 11:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.