Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2018 12:09 AM

Feb 2017
Well, this history lesson shows us that Reinhard and Yang's era have committed nowhere near the level of atrocities as these past eras. I guess humans can ameliorate after all.
Sep 29, 2018 3:50 AM
Apr 2018
I can totally believe what the Earth people did to all the other colonies.

It was a lot of information but it was good to finally see why humans left the planet.
Nov 9, 2019 10:35 PM

Oct 2012
So basically earth is just alliance right now :P

In the end all past conficts began and ended all the same
More destructions and new conflicts will be born shortly after the decent leaders die
It's just neverending cycle in the end

We could say the same for Alliance and Empire, soon they'll repeat it
There'll be no everlasting peace
I wonder if Yang and Reinhard's efforts all will be for nothing in the end
Because once they're dead chaos will follow afterwards if no decent people succeed them
"Signature removed"
Dec 5, 2020 10:46 PM
Jun 2017
Another good History episode.
I must say this is truly the most brutal episode I've seen in any series. I feel mildly nauseated at the extent of the cruelty, abjection and horror that the human race was able to display. This may be a fictional series, but boy, those violence scenes never felt so real. It would have been avoided if democracy had been respected and History reviewed, as to prevent the government for degenerating into a plutocracy: in my opinion, the worst way of government, as it doesn't have any reasonable justification. And not any plutocracy, a military one.

The extent of the massacre of Laglane City, the Bloody Night, isn't alien to any show of violence registered in our History books. We are shown again that mankind has an unlimited potential for cruelty and creating suffering just to please itself. If that's the future that awaits us, I wouldn't shed a tear for us if we were all to be exterminated.

The UGE failed as it had no counterparts nor religion, so their degeneracy and greed had no way to stop. As the sole ruler of a vast colts and amoral system, no hope was to be left. I could just feel contempt for them all. Even the Black Flags weren't such good boys in the end.

Anyway, it's very curious how the hegemonic power in the system had to face a democratic secession, only for the unification leader to die shortly after and all the efforts go to waste. Is this some sort of foreshadowing for the Kaiser of the Neuerreich?

I'm sorry this review is too short and not quite as good as others, so it may not get the message through, but I must reiterate this is the most nauseating anime episode I have ever watched. Not because of any gore scenes, edgy comments or hard situations, but for the sheer brutality and abhorrent behaviour depicted in it, which are undoubtedly not something mankind has been alien to, since the dawn of civilization and the birth of man itself.
Feb 1, 2021 9:40 AM

Oct 2016
The documentary episodes in this series are so good. Stil, the previous documentary episode was better.
Apr 10, 2021 5:19 AM
Jan 2015
Such gruesome episode. 20 min in episode and i can't watch it anymore. On top of that. concentration is power is still happening in current era. Most people, including myself are not actively involved with the laws passed by their government and all we do it fight each other for who is the superior political master. We are just too lazy. A weak democracy is responsibility of us people

fdsfgs said:
I can't help but wonder if the Bloody Night Massacre was supposed to have been a jab at/reference to/taken inspiration from the Nanking Massacre/Rape of Nanking.

same, i was thinking same. Japanese government denied it for long time and may be still deny it officially.
Jul 27, 2021 8:17 PM

Jun 2020
nice history but

im jus glad 2 know how dey move shit tons of lightyears in days lool

anyway how r days even calculated in dis show 🤔🤔🤔
Jul 28, 2021 3:31 AM

Jul 2016
SaiDrew said:
I can totally believe what the Earth people did to all the other colonies.

It was a lot of information but it was good to finally see why humans left the planet.

It was basically just the colonial era here on Earth but played out in space.
May 29, 2022 6:28 PM

Dec 2007
the problem in those episodes are me, i'm watching them late at night, and though to be very fun to watch, so many details are blurring my eyes, making me rewind the video every 2-3 minutes to make sure i won't forget anything.

i don't have any problem with those kind of episodes, but making them straight after first episode to the season was interesting choice. but i bet it somehow related for things to come.
Sep 19, 2022 1:43 PM
Apr 2019
User-Name said:
the problem in those episodes are me, i'm watching them late at night, and though to be very fun to watch, so many details are blurring my eyes, making me rewind the video every 2-3 minutes to make sure i won't forget anything.

i don't have any problem with those kind of episodes, but making them straight after first episode to the season was interesting choice. but i bet it somehow related for things to come.
same and english isn't my native language
Oct 22, 2022 12:28 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 25, 2022 5:11 AM

May 2018
Nice to know that we fucked ourselves over
Jan 13, 2023 1:01 AM

Aug 2018
Another nice history lesson, this one was a little bit different but interesting nevertheless.

It all seems to start making sense what happened to earth and why it became so abandoned and irrelevant, whole galactic colonisastion just turn against them and all because of corruption that is just such a caommon theme in this whole show
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 6, 2008

82 by ryzxgum »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 )

58 by ryzxgum »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 98 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

136 by ryzxgum »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 31, 2008

83 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 5, 2008

63 by ryzxgum »»
Yesterday, 12:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.