Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 21, 5:51 PM
Feb 2021
StxDii said:
Some of you are so confused by how important this chapter was for Denji coming to terms with his situation. He’s genuinely admitted that he’s a piece of shit for want of a better answer and all you can focus on is how many times he mentioned his dick.

Fujimoto even acknowledges the absurdity of the situation by Denji quite literally saying it isn’t funny and that he can’t keep his priorities straight because he’s such a mess.

His only surviving family is missing and he’s more concerned with getting his dick sucked. I think this is telling of the fact that Denji still really doesn’t know what he wants. He’s been a vessel and toy for so many people.

Is he Denji? Is he Chainsaw Man? His heart is quite literally not his own, and his mind is so far in the gutter that it seems impossible for him to come out clean.

Sure, the actual character dialogue is absurd and goofy, but the writing is so nuanced and strangely brilliant that I feel some of you need to remind yourself of the series your reading.

This is pretty much what I took from the chapter. Yes funny, but the undertones of what Denji is saying is so significant about who he is. I reckon this is the biggest moment in the series in terms of Denjis character moment.
May 21, 6:35 PM

May 2019
Penis sword incoming?
May 21, 7:37 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to betazephaniel
I swear if this goes how I think it will, Nayuta will be pissed.

Either way, I really don't get wtf I'm reading rn but it's hilarious.
@betazephaniel Nayuta is dead most likely
May 21, 7:39 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to StxDii
Some of you are so confused by how important this chapter was for Denji coming to terms with his situation. He’s genuinely admitted that he’s a piece of shit for want of a better answer and all you can focus on is how many times he mentioned his dick.

Fujimoto even acknowledges the absurdity of the situation by Denji quite literally saying it isn’t funny and that he can’t keep his priorities straight because he’s such a mess.

His only surviving family is missing and he’s more concerned with getting his dick sucked. I think this is telling of the fact that Denji still really doesn’t know what he wants. He’s been a vessel and toy for so many people.

Is he Denji? Is he Chainsaw Man? His heart is quite literally not his own, and his mind is so far in the gutter that it seems impossible for him to come out clean.

Sure, the actual character dialogue is absurd and goofy, but the writing is so nuanced and strangely brilliant that I feel some of you need to remind yourself of the series your reading.
@StxDii For me the problem is that we've spent so long on "Denji sad" moments that I can't even be bothered to care at this point.
May 21, 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
So there will be no Denji: Next Generations.
May 21, 7:57 PM
Jan 2014
Really hope Denji’s dick doesn’t really get cut off, I don’t see the point in it happening.
May 21, 8:07 PM

Oct 2020
Nah fam "Denji" will become "Enji" like this
May 21, 8:15 PM

Aug 2018
That was Denji's goal.
and Yoru has a solution to that xD
May 21, 8:57 PM
May 2023
Chainsaw Man's back 🤣🤣🤣
May 21, 9:18 PM
Mar 2023
great, comedy is back, missed this kind of humor
May 21, 10:14 PM

Oct 2023
Bruhh tf I just read
May 21, 10:18 PM

Mar 2022
weekly 20 second read
May 22, 1:02 AM
Jul 2019
Lol at degenerates who thinks this shit is deep, reminds me that oneshot Fujimoto made
May 22, 1:53 AM
Jul 2023
why are these chapters so short 😭😭
May 22, 1:58 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to StxDii

@StxDii oh my god thank you it seems like no one is really getting what this chapter was
May 22, 2:12 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to Chuckiemuffin
weekly 20 second read
@Chuckiemuffin honestly and i hate that its become this way this shit is ass
May 22, 2:14 AM
Dec 2023
My life was ruined, it was all my dicks fault..... Man what the fuck happened. Did the writer ran out of ideas..
May 22, 2:52 AM
Jun 2023
I really got emotional during the part Denji was in sorrow, but I started laughing so damn hard in the middle of it because of the Fujimoto's bizarre plot.
Even though, it's not getting boring, at least, let's just give time for him to cook!!
May 22, 3:52 AM

Apr 2021
Umm even if she cuts his dick off won't it just regenerate?
May 22, 4:09 AM
Apr 2022
Nooo Denji 😱😱 don't cut the little Denji
May 22, 8:27 AM
Oct 2023
StxDii said:

There’s a lot of truth to this but I think you’re misunderstanding the word “nuance”. Nuanced writing conveys themes or ideas that aren’t overtly stated. The nuance you spoke of was Denji literally coming right out and admitting how much of a scumbag he is inside, but he’s conveying this message outright. In fact he was screaming it. That’s not nuance. Nuance is something Fujimoto does well with. This was more meant to be a slap in the face from reality, not so much nuance. You’re made to understand everything you originally stated as soon as his meltdown starts.
May 22, 8:31 AM
Mar 2020
rinnmakesmusic said:
StxDii said:

There’s a lot of truth to this but I think you’re misunderstanding the word “nuance”. Nuanced writing conveys themes or ideas that aren’t overtly stated. The nuance you spoke of was Denji literally coming right out and admitting how much of a scumbag he is inside, but he’s conveying this message outright. In fact he was screaming it. That’s not nuance. Nuance is something Fujimoto does well with. This was more meant to be a slap in the face from reality, not so much nuance. You’re made to understand everything you originally stated as soon as his meltdown starts.

Tbh when I mentioned the character dialogue and nuanced writing I meant the whole series. Should’ve made that clearer lol
May 22, 8:34 AM
Oct 2023
StxDii said:
rinnmakesmusic said:

Tbh when I mentioned the character dialogue and nuanced writing I meant the whole series. Should’ve made that clearer lol

Fair enough, other than that you were right on the money. We get lost in the “dick, dick, dick” sometimes and forget to read deeper into this IP. I just got my little brother to start watching the show and I have to keep explaining to him that Denji isn’t just a dirty horndog who’s solely driven by personal lust and that he’s much more nuanced and complex than he seems visually! You make a lot of sense though, I appreciate comments like yours!
May 22, 9:03 AM

Oct 2007
Reply to vlad07
@JudgeRuthless I'm talking about manga/manhwa and hentai. The way you described your vision seems just like what a doujinshi artist would draw up.
@vlad07 Your attempt at a compliment to paint me as a talented artist is noted.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 9:14 AM
May 2023
Denji with no pecker isn't Chesno mane.
May 22, 12:02 PM
May 2023
THIS is what chainsaw man's all about... the WEIRD SHIT!!!!

It's kinda slow right now, but I'm putting my faith in Fujimoto cuz I know he'll COOK for the last arc of this part, and I can't wait to read it, go back, and go "Oooooooh shiiit, THAT'S why that happened!" like I did for Part 1

Can't wait for more!
May 22, 4:15 PM

Oct 2007
Reply to CaviarSandwiches
THIS is what chainsaw man's all about... the WEIRD SHIT!!!!

It's kinda slow right now, but I'm putting my faith in Fujimoto cuz I know he'll COOK for the last arc of this part, and I can't wait to read it, go back, and go "Oooooooh shiiit, THAT'S why that happened!" like I did for Part 1

Can't wait for more!
@CaviarSandwiches Calling it slow is an understatement. This was basic non-fiction manga, just some generic "slice of life" as some might call it, you can even claim Asa just has multiple personality disorder, so if you take the chapter on its own it doesn't look anything like the rest of the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 5:11 PM

Apr 2024
... New bottom surgery just dropped?
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
May 22, 5:32 PM

Jan 2009
lol yoru will cut denjis dick
May 23, 12:03 AM
Jul 2021
Blud about to get his weiner chopped off lmao.
May 23, 8:02 AM
Jan 2021
this new arc is absolutely epic! deni has got his priorities straight.
May 23, 11:45 AM
May 2023
Reply to JudgeRuthless
@CaviarSandwiches Calling it slow is an understatement. This was basic non-fiction manga, just some generic "slice of life" as some might call it, you can even claim Asa just has multiple personality disorder, so if you take the chapter on its own it doesn't look anything like the rest of the manga.
@JudgeRuthless That's fair I guess
May 23, 9:38 PM

May 2010
Part 2 has had a heavy focus on “he's just like me FR” chapters but dang this one really hits home.
May 24, 12:20 PM
May 2024
poor denji......
May 24, 10:10 PM

Aug 2023
This is genuinely awful. Like actually I actually don't understand how people are still enjoying this or calling it the best new gen shonen. It's been extremely downhill garbage for a while now. But I think actually this last chapter just really sealed it.
May 25, 12:38 AM
Jun 2021
Well that escalated quicky
May 25, 12:41 AM
Jun 2021
Nugi97 said:
"Denji hasn't changed at all, he sucks."
"Denji doesn't get any character development, he's stagnant."
"Denji doesn't ever improve, he's so annoying."

He knows and he hates it more than you ever could. We're actually seeing the most realistic teenage boy depicts at this chapter, blame it to generic battle Shonen you've read regularly to make you think everything has to be a flashy battle so the story is entertaining

Bro denji is so hateable he is just low iq pig tbh don't bash those who do not like that
May 25, 12:49 AM
Jun 2021
MysticMusician said:
This is genuinely awful. Like actually I actually don't understand how people are still enjoying this or calling it the best new gen shonen. It's been extremely downhill garbage for a while now. But I think actually this last chapter just really sealed it.

Nah, Denji is so real for that. Only people who have gone through that 'horny' phase realize how severe it is
May 25, 1:11 AM

Jun 2019
Is this Chainsaw Man's take on Dandadan? XD
May 26, 5:10 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to Ghost5299
E-Satie said:
Feels like Fujimoto ran out of ideas.

the entirety of chainsaw man part 2
@Ghost5299 Indeed. I really wish that they had 2 separate entries so that I could have two very different scores for both parts. The second part is not fit for purpose, just the mangaka making a living.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 26, 9:20 AM

Dec 2012
There's no way people are thinking this has some nuance.
May 26, 6:12 PM
Jonin

Feb 2023
I loved CSM 1-11 volumes but right now im not sure where Fujimoto is going with the story...i hope things get more clear here cause this last chapter just made Denji look even more a fool, I sympathize with fighting lust but why isnt he trying to find Nyuta like he said or have some other friend of Denjis help cause his all alone as far as sides on this one. Everyone wants him dead.
May 26, 8:06 PM

Mar 2019
Denji and Rudeus, two characters driven by the head of the dick haha.
May 27, 10:42 AM
Feb 2021
BEST MANGA TO EVER EXIST
May 27, 7:09 PM

Dec 2023
He just like me fr fr
May 27, 8:03 PM
May 2021
denji circumcised arc
May 27, 8:48 PM
Aug 2021
A lot of people seem to have been complaining that these last chapters have been all over the place and random plot wise, but in all honesty, not only is everything akin to Fujimoto’s writing style but the progression of everything seems very organic to me, only thing keeping me off is why they just don’t try to awaken Pochita in an other, and more practical way, the way things are going both Yoru and Katana Man are just having to withstand Denji’s depressed madness and weirdness, and the wishes that come from them. Talking about the man himself, of course he is completely scrambled in the head after everything, of course he can’t accept that Nayuta is possibly dead and is desperately trying to cope with the horrible reality he’s currently in and tried to run off to the first form of escapism he was suggested to, but he is also not completely ignorant of the situation, he just doesn’t quite understand it and most importantly the effect that is having on himself, resulting in the weird breakdown we saw in this chapter. Anyways, just wanted to say I’m happy with the way things are going and am excited to the next chapters.
May 28, 4:35 PM
Sep 2022
This is a brilliant chapter, yet many people seem to think it's more just "haha Denji horny" joke. It's development, which shows you the immaturity of the anime community. So many anime treat sex as just a joke, and while yes, there are plenty of sex jokes (hilarious ones at that) in Chainsaw Man, Denji is like around 16-18, to act like his horniness makes him like every other anime perv out there, really gets on my nerves.

So many shows just make the horny character the butt of the joke, and never dives into the reason why, and when that actually happens people are too dense to even notice the writing. Denji literally states it straight out that he's a mess and people think Fujimoto lacks direction... more reading comprehension is needed in the CM fanbase.

The comments saying "there's no way people think this means something" really show a lot about the detachment of so many manga/anime readers from reality. Do you even remember what being a hormone-filled teenager was like? This is real, raw emotion from Denji and people think Fujimoto is only padding time w/horniness. Some people really need to touch grass, because damn, this is just sad...
Iamthewalrus8002May 28, 4:40 PM
May 29, 4:59 PM

May 2022
Reply to Iamthewalrus8002
This is a brilliant chapter, yet many people seem to think it's more just "haha Denji horny" joke. It's development, which shows you the immaturity of the anime community. So many anime treat sex as just a joke, and while yes, there are plenty of sex jokes (hilarious ones at that) in Chainsaw Man, Denji is like around 16-18, to act like his horniness makes him like every other anime perv out there, really gets on my nerves.

So many shows just make the horny character the butt of the joke, and never dives into the reason why, and when that actually happens people are too dense to even notice the writing. Denji literally states it straight out that he's a mess and people think Fujimoto lacks direction... more reading comprehension is needed in the CM fanbase.

The comments saying "there's no way people think this means something" really show a lot about the detachment of so many manga/anime readers from reality. Do you even remember what being a hormone-filled teenager was like? This is real, raw emotion from Denji and people think Fujimoto is only padding time w/horniness. Some people really need to touch grass, because damn, this is just sad...
@Dragona_8002

denji has grown so much throughout all of part 2, and people will still somehow dreadfully misinterpret his continuous growth as "character regression". character development isnt a linear depiction of someone becoming better and fixing their problems. very frustrating to see this be misunderstood
May 30, 1:10 PM
Jan 2024
Lowkey why are they yapping about Denji's meat like why can't they tell us what happened to Nayuta yet.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 177 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jas-samaaa - Sep 17

73 by Captainjeddy »»
1 hour ago

» Is this the final arc?

20david09 - Yesterday

7 by Arka_Chakrabarty »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jun 4

383 by Issen_Mode »»
6 hours ago

» Didn't the manga already end?

BipulGamer07 - Sep 19

29 by BipulGamer07 »»
Yesterday, 9:47 PM

» Foreshadowing, Teaser, Uncertainties and lots and lots of questions!

Bertus06 - Yesterday

9 by SuntProstMare »»
Yesterday, 9:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.