Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 6, 3:26 AM

Nov 2023
Kyoani nailed it again with their magical animation.

Kumiko and Reina were cute together.

I don't think Mayu is negative person even though she is kinda antagonist.

Visually stunning episode. ♡

I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it
'Cause baby you're worth it
May 6, 3:35 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to Uguu_Tsukimiya
"No, no, this show isn't gay, really !"

Are you sure about that ?
@Uguu_Tsukimiya kumiko is heterosexual.this is just queerbaiting.There are a lot of examples of queerbaiting in the kyoani.they are best friends
ricky78May 6, 8:02 AM
May 6, 5:57 AM
Mar 2019
Kumiko, and Reina's relationship is really special. Reina can just be too secretive of her feelings sometimes. This is another anime of the season that allows me to chill, and relax. Beautiful.
May 6, 8:54 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Cirrusyk
My heart cant take the yuri bait i really love kumiko and reina together and it makes me really sad cause they wont end up together.. i still love the scenes ofc and it was extremely beautiful but god how much i wish it was true.
I love their relationship and it has soo much more depth and story than whatever they were doing with shoe.
its really a shame
@Cirrusyk It's one of those things where Shuuichi ends up with Kumiko but he'll feel like the third wheel when she's with Reina.
May 6, 1:08 PM

Aug 2017
damn Reina is rich

best episode of the season so far, the outfits were lovely. the tension is rising...

i agree with the comments that Kumiko is most likely gonna end up being a music teacher
May 6, 10:54 PM
Dec 2021
The episode delves into familiar themes of repetition and uncertainty, with Kumiko grappling with her future while revisiting past conflicts. Kuroe's potential threat to Kumiko's relationship with Reina prompts Kumiko to confront her own desires and ambitions, culminating in a realization about her future goals. Despite the ongoing ambiguity surrounding Kumiko and Reina's relationship, the episode's thematic cohesion and narrative depth contribute to the series' compelling storytelling.

May 7, 12:51 AM

Mar 2024
Great episode! I really like the way this anime talks about the issue of choosing a life path, but even more i like the yuri vibes.

It was very cute.

And this conversation under the stars like “there is a special connection between us.” As a yuri fan, im happy.

I can say just one thing about Kumiko and Reina - just start dating already lol.
They are really look good together.
May 7, 4:47 AM

Sep 2015
3 auditions are wild but the 1st one hasn't even started yet. I wonder how they gonna fit everything in the remaining 8 episodes when they are still focusing on character development. Part of me wishes they give us another season or at least a movie for the last competition.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
May 7, 7:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a relax day in the festival!!!
kekeke
May 7, 8:01 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to ninjaberserker
Great episode! I really like the way this anime talks about the issue of choosing a life path, but even more i like the yuri vibes.

It was very cute.

And this conversation under the stars like “there is a special connection between us.” As a yuri fan, im happy.

I can say just one thing about Kumiko and Reina - just start dating already lol.
They are really look good together.
@ninjaberserker yuri fan?fake yuri fan.Kumiko x Reina best friend. How many ❤️ do you see?
Anime Character Designer Ikeda Shoko
ricky78May 7, 8:31 AM
May 7, 8:10 AM

Feb 2021
Ah, future planning. Really takes me back. I felt this pressure of having to choose something but at the same time I didn't want to make a choice on a whim. Very contradicting, and what Michie-sensei says about it is a great way of putting it into perspective. You don't need a whole lot of reasons for wanting to be something, just "I want a stable job" is enough most of the time. So if any student is reading this, I hope it lessens your burden.

Mayu knows she's way better than Kanade that's why she's afraid of taking her place. Just like how Kanade acted toward Natsuki. Honestly, I'm happy she might get a taste of her own medicine.

I feel bad for Shuuichi with how he really wants to come to Agata festival with Kumiko but is holding back after their last competition. At this point I can't imagine Kumiko saying no to him but still my man deserves her 100%. On the topic of feeling bad, I hope Mayu isn't having a hard time adjusting with everyone else. I can't bear the thought she turns down and gets turned down for everything. Why would Kumiko lie about having plans in the first place? Maybe her danger alarm went off when she answered Mayu's question at the clubroom.

Casually showing Kaori and Haruka. Is Asuka not with them or did I miss her somehow?
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 7, 8:53 AM

Mar 2024
Reply to ricky78
@ninjaberserker yuri fan?fake yuri fan.Kumiko x Reina best friend. How many ❤️ do you see?
Anime Character Designer Ikeda Shoko
@ricky78
best friend
i wish i can say that they are more than friends, but unfortunately the authors left us without yuri :(
Instead, there is boring romance between Kumiko and Shuuichi (that no one asked for) which doesnt have the same feelings and emotions as Kumiko and Reina relationships 🙄
ninjaberserkerMay 7, 8:56 AM
May 7, 9:25 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to ninjaberserker
@ricky78
best friend
i wish i can say that they are more than friends, but unfortunately the authors left us without yuri :(
Instead, there is boring romance between Kumiko and Shuuichi (that no one asked for) which doesnt have the same feelings and emotions as Kumiko and Reina relationships 🙄
@ninjaberserker I love yuri but kumiko x reina toxic ship.
May 7, 9:48 AM
Sep 2016
Finally, after quite a while, a music piece that wasn't cut from the EP!!!!

Motomu x Midori!? Are they really going for that!?

Okay, f*k ya'll! I don't care whatever your arguments are, Kumiko x Reina sails!!!! It's like tradition really, Agata Matsuri makes Kumiko x Reina sooo f*king gay, everytime. I loved it!

Huh, I never noticed... So Suzume supposed to be a gyaru, huh?! I mean, "Motomu-paisen"... Suzume is a gyaru.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Wild Kaori and Haruka appeared!! The gay-ness of Kumiko x Reina made me almost forgot everything else abt this EP!!!!
uncleqrowMay 7, 9:54 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
May 7, 10:42 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to uncleqrow

Okay, f*k ya'll! I don't care whatever your arguments are, Kumiko x Reina sails!!!! It's like tradition really, Agata Matsuri makes Kumiko x Reina sooo f*king gay, everytime. I loved it!

Huh, I never noticed... So Suzume supposed to be a gyaru, huh?! I mean, "Motomu-paisen"... Suzume is a gyaru.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Wild Kaori and Haruka appeared!! The gay-ness of Kumiko x Reina made me almost forgot everything else abt this EP!!!!
@uncleqrow motomu and midori They would be a cute couple, I'm rooting for them ^~^
May 7, 10:44 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to uncleqrow

@uncleqrow I think you exaggerated, I don't see kumiko and reina together in a relationship, I think their relationship comes down to just the friendship that each feels for the other.
May 8, 7:57 AM

Oct 2008
i have a feeling that Kumiko might get inferiority complex against Mayu in the near future lolz...
4/5

May 8, 10:12 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to uncleqrow

uncleqrow said:

Benedito29 said:
motomu and midori They would be a cute couple, I'm rooting for them ^~^

It would've been cute, except they explained in the last episode that she's basically a surrogate sister to him.

Falling in love with a girl that reminds you of your deceased sister is some next level complexity of emotions.
Marinate1016 said:
I was at a PhD graduation when you were sending the original messages and you’re STILL going. I can’t imagine caring this much to continue harassing people, but it’s cool, reported. The weak ban should help you sort it out.
May 8, 5:06 PM
Dec 2023
As always great episode. I just can’t feel easy whenever there’s a scene with Mayu. I mean she’s nice and she hasn’t done anything wrong but I feel like she will hurt Kumiko in the competition or something. I wonder how that will affect her relationship with Reina too. It felt a bit sad for Mayu when Kumiko turned her down, I suppose it’s a self defense mechanism (she’s her direct rival after all). But I really do hope that Mayu and Kumiko become good friends. Side note, Reina’s mum is cute lol
May 8, 5:36 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to ninjaberserker
@ricky78
best friend
@ninjaberserker What they're going for, I think that Kumiko x Reina is the high-school romance and then Kumiko x Shuuichi is the eventual married/settled life.
May 8, 6:23 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to stevejawbs
uncleqrow said:

Benedito29 said:
motomu and midori They would be a cute couple, I'm rooting for them ^~^

It would've been cute, except they explained in the last episode that she's basically a surrogate sister to him.

Falling in love with a girl that reminds you of your deceased sister is some next level complexity of emotions.
@stevejawbs There's nothing wrong with that, they're not blood related, and the only thing that reminds him of his sister is the way she teaches him. However, the interaction between them and the way they interact with each other the other, in my opinion, is something genuine to the point of a romance. The memories of her sister were just the beginning of other feelings, I don't see anything wrong...
May 8, 7:01 PM
Oct 2017

I know words I swear 😭😭
May 8, 8:30 PM

Aug 2011
mayu gives me bad vibes, there's something off about her that i can't quite put my finger on...
May 8, 9:48 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to mo_lave
@ninjaberserker What they're going for, I think that Kumiko x Reina is the high-school romance and then Kumiko x Shuuichi is the eventual married/settled life.
@mo_lave i see no reason why Kumiko x Reina cant have a married/settled life. Kumiko x Reina looks much better together and understands each other better than Kumiko x Shuuichi, whose relationship looks very forced and boring
May 9, 10:44 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to ninjaberserker
@mo_lave i see no reason why Kumiko x Reina cant have a married/settled life. Kumiko x Reina looks much better together and understands each other better than Kumiko x Shuuichi, whose relationship looks very forced and boring
@ninjaberserker The source material is the reason. While I haven't read it yet, I didn't see anything yuri-related based on the discussions. Kumiko x Reina could be a KyoAni addition.
May 9, 9:59 PM

Apr 2019
Man this was a great episode, we got: Kumiko noises, auditions coming up, Kumiko going to Reina's house, and Haruka and Kaori cameo?!? Plus the second half of the episode with everyone at the Agata Festival, especially the Kumiko/Reina river scene, looked just gorgeous.
May 9, 11:02 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to mo_lave
@ninjaberserker The source material is the reason. While I haven't read it yet, I didn't see anything yuri-related based on the discussions. Kumiko x Reina could be a KyoAni addition.
@mo_lave ok ok, looks like i fell for the cheap yuri bite. All thats left is to enjoy euphonium yuri arts and yuri h*ntai 🗿
May 10, 7:36 AM
Jan 2018
I will never get tired of Kumiko and Reina's romance together <3
May 10, 3:59 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to ninjaberserker
@ninjaberserker I'm pretty sure gay marriage is banned in Japan
Marinate1016 said:
I was at a PhD graduation when you were sending the original messages and you’re STILL going. I can’t imagine caring this much to continue harassing people, but it’s cool, reported. The weak ban should help you sort it out.
May 10, 6:09 PM

Jul 2016
Gotta love how the budget goes brrrr whenever a Kumiko x Reina scene is taking place. Final moment between them at the riverside looked absolutely gorgeous.

And what's with Motomu now making eyes at Midori after having sister-zoned her last episode? Could it be that ship still has hopes of sailing? I truly hope so. Those two look adorable together.

So let me guess: with more auditions now being announced, Kumiko will most likely lose at least once to Kuroe (in a very humiliating way, I must add) and that will be the moment where the season's major conflict kicks in.
Also it seems Kumiko will most likely end up becoming a music teacher in the future.

Cool that we saw Haruka and Kaori at the festival, btw. Asuka should have appeared too tho.

Cirrusyk said:
I love their relationship and it has soo much more depth and story than whatever they were doing with shoe.
its really a shame

For real. Not even proper yuri works have this level of connection and emotional depth between their leads. It's ridiculous how Kumiko and Reina's relationship (one of pure friendship, canonically speaking) is better written and executed than most official yuri relationships out there.
May 10, 7:28 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to SouthRzVa
Gotta love how the budget goes brrrr whenever a Kumiko x Reina scene is taking place. Final moment between them at the riverside looked absolutely gorgeous.

And what's with Motomu now making eyes at Midori after having sister-zoned her last episode? Could it be that ship still has hopes of sailing? I truly hope so. Those two look adorable together.

So let me guess: with more auditions now being announced, Kumiko will most likely lose at least once to Kuroe (in a very humiliating way, I must add) and that will be the moment where the season's major conflict kicks in.
Also it seems Kumiko will most likely end up becoming a music teacher in the future.

Cool that we saw Haruka and Kaori at the festival, btw. Asuka should have appeared too tho.

Cirrusyk said:
its really a shame

For real. Not even proper yuri works have this level of connection and emotional depth between their leads. It's ridiculous how Kumiko and Reina's relationship (one of pure friendship, canonically speaking) is better written and executed than most official yuri relationships out there.
@SouthRzVa Sisterzoned? He has a siscon. He would totally date her if she wasn't blood-related.
May 12, 2:48 PM
Apr 2023
This anime is so gay, lol. But I like it, as long as it's yuri.
May 13, 9:41 AM

Oct 2017
Beautiful animation, specially th last scene with Kumiko and Reina. Reina's cute.

With there being three auditions and Mayu's arrival, it's pretty obvious what they are going for. I just hope Kumiko and Reina will be able to perform together at nationals.
May 13, 11:08 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to saikyozero
This anime is so gay, lol. But I like it, as long as it's yuri.
@saikyozero anime or Kumiko is not gay..Do you know what friendship is?
May 13, 11:40 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to ricky78
@saikyozero anime or Kumiko is not gay..Do you know what friendship is?
@ricky78 bro, this is friendship yes, but there is implied romance, unless you are dumb to notice, it's "yuri bait"
May 13, 11:42 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to SouthRzVa

Cirrusyk said:
its really a shame

@SouthRzVa it's funny how Midori if my favorite girl in this series

Reina and Kumiko are pretty, especially Reina, but they are so gay to my liking lol
May 14, 4:32 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to saikyozero
@ricky78 bro, this is friendship yes, but there is implied romance, unless you are dumb to notice, it's "yuri bait"
@saikyozero Friend, I don't think you understand.This is Queerbaiting
Queerbaiting is a marketing technique for fiction and entertainment in which creators hint at, but do not depict, same-sex romance or other LGBTQ+ representation.(wiki)
Never underestimate the feelings kumiko has for her boyfriend.Reina loves her teacher
May 14, 4:39 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to ricky78
@saikyozero Friend, I don't think you understand.This is Queerbaiting
Queerbaiting is a marketing technique for fiction and entertainment in which creators hint at, but do not depict, same-sex romance or other LGBTQ+ representation.(wiki)
Never underestimate the feelings kumiko has for her boyfriend.Reina loves her teacher
@ricky78 it's exactly what I said, you just expounded the explanation for your own trouble
May 14, 5:24 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to saikyozero
@ricky78 it's exactly what I said, you just expounded the explanation for your own trouble
@saikyozero okey bro.no problem.I got it wrong.
May 18, 2:57 AM

Feb 2019
Mayu-chan can be really cute too. But still, I feel like there's something behind that sweet and carefree facade. Still feeling a lot of dread from her.

What I think is going to happen is that Kumiko won't get the soli part in either one or two of the competitions, but will get it in the Nationals.
May 18, 2:10 PM

Nov 2018
I was contemplating Kumiko's reluctance to enter adulthood. Among teenagers, I met this attitude more often than the eagerness to become an adult. Perhaps Reina may reflect the latter? Anyway, when I was their age, just like Kumiko, I could not decide on a college or a career. However, one thing I knew for sure: I couldn't wait to become an adult. For me, an adult was that person who could earn a living, do what they wanted, stay strong in the face of adversity, and be a support for other people.

Needless to say, at that time, I had no idea what adulthood really meant. When I started my adult life, I felt overwhelmed, lost, powerless, and feared at every moment that I would fail. Even so, I was desperately clinging to my new adult status, just like a gamer who struggled not to be demoted from the very advanced and hard level they achieved with much effort. Time and experience solved a lot of problems, but adulthood still feels difficult. I cry like a baby when life kneels me down and I don't know what to do. Because I am an adult, I know that no one will save me. Because I live as I please, I know no one can free me from the circumstances created by my own choices. Yet, I prefer to struggle as an adult rather than go back to my childhood and teenage period. This is why I was always incapable and still am to understand people like Kumiko, who are not keen to step into their adult lives.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I love Kumiko, but...

mufarari - May 12

27 by mufarari »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - 9 hours ago

45 by Cagieca »»
8 minutes ago

» Sucks to be Shuichi?

Laplace_kun - May 18

16 by Pinoffin »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 19

64 by SouthRzVa »»
May 24, 6:41 PM

» The heck happened to the anime score?

Mazeenu - May 23

6 by KayKimii »»
May 23, 5:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.