Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2023 10:36 AM
Jan 2022
HEBI_TAN said:
@JIMMYxMONARCH oh yea that scene
this sequence is totally rushed
idk if it's style, but I don't rlly like that scene either

I am talking abt other scenes except this scene, train scene, and stairs scene
all of em except those 3 are goated in my opinion

As an animator myself, I appreciate their work and they at least made the whole eps (except those 3 scenes ofc) didn't looked like 4ds season 3

heck, even those 3 scenes still look good compared to 7ds s3

That's the only scene I didn't like (and the two you mentioned), otherwise the episode was fire 🐐🤝🏻
JIMMYxMONARCHDec 7, 2023 10:50 AM
Dec 7, 2023 10:37 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to JIMMYxMONARCH
HEBI_TAN said:
@JIMMYxMONARCH oh yea that scene
this sequence is totally rushed
idk if it's style, but I don't rlly like that scene either

I am talking abt other scenes except this scene, train scene, and stairs scene
all of em except those 3 are goated in my opinion

As an animator myself, I appreciate their work and they at least made the whole eps (except those 3 scenes ofc) didn't looked like 4ds season 3

heck, even those 3 scenes still look good compared to 7ds s3

That's the only scene I didn't like (and the two you mentioned), otherwise the episode was fire 🐐🤝🏻
@JIMMYxMONARCH agreed 🐐🤝🏻
We all have shit taste, especially in animes
No one's right, no one's wrong

Dec 7, 2023 10:41 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to MeanEYE
Liked the episode, but they are really really dragging this on. Not to mention the most annoying of cliff-hangers.
@MeanEYE cliffhangers exist so you all will watch the next ep

if you don't put a cliffhanger in your first episode, no one's gonna watch ur next episode since there's no question "what happens next" "how is he going to win"

If there's no cliffhanger, you just watch that episode, and done. You'll have no motivation to watch the next ep.

Dec 7, 2023 10:41 AM

Oct 2009
Perrin4869 said:
I think the thing I hate the most about Jujutsu Kaisen is how it so often tries to claim emotional punches it never earned... like, not even close.

Honestly, this. Between this, the absolute rollercoaster production quality this season, and everything being so dragged-out, I just lost all interest in the series. Fast forwarding episodes so I finish them in 5-7 minutes, because what even is the point of watching the fights, they're just gonna do another asspull at some random moment anyway - if they don't cut away from it to insert a pointless flashback or move to another fight or just end on another cliffhanger. The emotional manipulation is both too much and too obvious and I can't bring myself to care for any of it.

Fun fact: Toudou's VA is also Yamada Ichiro in HypMic, which I still find hilarious af.
Dec 7, 2023 10:44 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to felipeliborio
The production quality just wasn't there... Which is a shame, since the plot is getting better each episode.
@felipeliborio what?? This is one of the best looking eps of this season
Dec 7, 2023 10:45 AM

May 2021
Reply to namesrowan
MeanEYE said:
Liked the episode, but they are really really dragging this on. Not to mention the most annoying of cliff-hangers.

You never watched a show before? Cliffhangers exist in every show ever, why would an average watcher want to come back for the next episode if the problem has already been concluded?

Also dragging on? I want to know the anime you’re watching which has a faster pace than this 😭 this is the best paced arc or anything ever, every episode is action packed and meaningful, nothings being “dragged on” 💀
@namesrowan Hit the fanboy nerve much? Yes, they drag scenes on. The fact there's fast paced action doesn't change the fact it's cut in pieces and stretched over half a dozen episodes and filled between with filler content. And I did watch many shows which don't rely on flashbacks. Personally I am finding it incredibly cheap to show a flashback with the person before they show her dead. Emotional weight should have been built long time ago. Not skip the character for half the season and then throw many scenes to evoke emotions.
Dec 7, 2023 10:47 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to thepokemask
There were some parts of the episode where you can see visually that the animation was incomplete before the episode came out. Still, that final scene with Todo was animated very well. By the end of the season, I hope they will begin to finish the complete animations and have them rolled out by the time the Blu-ray is available in stores.
@thepokemask atleast in context of this ep those weird faces were in purpose the ad corrections got posted on twitter and from the looks of it the approach was a bit different
Dec 7, 2023 10:48 AM

May 2021
Reply to HEBI_TAN
@MeanEYE cliffhangers exist so you all will watch the next ep

if you don't put a cliffhanger in your first episode, no one's gonna watch ur next episode since there's no question "what happens next" "how is he going to win"

If there's no cliffhanger, you just watch that episode, and done. You'll have no motivation to watch the next ep.
@HEBI_TAN That's not true. They have hyped this fight so much, even without the cliff-hanger at the end you'd still watch the next episode. Hell, they had so many cliffhangers they could skip doing so for the next season and people would still watch. Just having a good story is reason enough not to need cliffhangers, and they do have a good story. Animation alone makes you want to watch the next episode. Cliffhangers are a cheap trick for shows with poor story and boring animation. It's just a trope that's not mandatory
Dec 7, 2023 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Props to the voice actors and animators!!!! This was amazing
Dec 7, 2023 10:49 AM
Jun 2021
this ep was brutal emotional raw badass and peak. Brothers finally reunite
Dec 7, 2023 10:50 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to MeanEYE
@HEBI_TAN That's not true. They have hyped this fight so much, even without the cliff-hanger at the end you'd still watch the next episode. Hell, they had so many cliffhangers they could skip doing so for the next season and people would still watch. Just having a good story is reason enough not to need cliffhangers, and they do have a good story. Animation alone makes you want to watch the next episode. Cliffhangers are a cheap trick for shows with poor story and boring animation. It's just a trope that's not mandatory
@MeanEYE this fight is one of the longest fight in the manga.
There's no way they can fill the entire fight in 1 episode. It will look very fast and unpleasing

Dec 7, 2023 10:57 AM

May 2021
This is now one of my favorite episode in the series so far!
Dec 7, 2023 11:00 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Zimmu
This is now one of my favorite episode in the series so far!
@Zimmu miwa scene is my fav scene in this ep. I bet your fav is the same as mine

Dec 7, 2023 11:00 AM

May 2021
Reply to HEBI_TAN
@MeanEYE this fight is one of the longest fight in the manga.
There's no way they can fill the entire fight in 1 episode. It will look very fast and unpleasing
@HEBI_TAN I know that. Didn't expect them to. But they keep chopping it in pieces and switching away from what people really want to see, which is Itadori. Although I've been told manga is the same way, which doesn't make it less annoying but shifts the blame away from animators.
Dec 7, 2023 11:02 AM

May 2021
Reply to HEBI_TAN
@Zimmu miwa scene is my fav scene in this ep. I bet your fav is the same as mine
@HEBI_TAN
hahaha yeah lol. I love how miwa is drawn so beautifully. Gives off a different vibe and dynamic from S1, but in a good way
Dec 7, 2023 11:05 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Zimmu
@HEBI_TAN
hahaha yeah lol. I love how miwa is drawn so beautifully. Gives off a different vibe and dynamic from S1, but in a good way
@Zimmu every girls in s2 is so beautiful ngl

Dec 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Mar 2020
A lot of dimming and ghosting this episode that got annoying, but nonetheless, a very well directed episode, and the return of Todo. Not gonna say much more for this episode, but it's amazing how the production is somehow still holding up. Full credit to the animators, as I say every single week. 120% potential.
Dec 7, 2023 11:11 AM
Dec 2022
Want a flawless 10/10 anime adaptation? Look no further. This episode by MAPPA is a masterpiece crafted in short amount time. Mahito's voice actor deserves applause for bringing unmatched tone and insanity. Stellar storyboarding and Todo's entrance with a perfect theme. In a nutshell, a tribute to quality and effort. MAPPA proves their prowess, delivering greatness under tight schedules. Mahito's actor adds depth, and the execution of storyboarding and Todo's entrance is spot-on. This episode sets the standard for top-tier anime. 10/10 – MAPPA deserves acclaim for this unforgettable experience.
Dec 7, 2023 11:17 AM
Apr 2023
I'm looking at naruto vs pain-tier visuals.
Dec 7, 2023 11:18 AM
Oct 2020
So they changed the outro music or rather announcement music for the next episode back to the usual. Does anybody know why it was only different for the last episode? And also does anybody know the teacher who spoke the last sentence of the announcement outro?
Dec 7, 2023 11:25 AM

Feb 2021
They really should add more OSTs during the fight scenes...
Dec 7, 2023 11:27 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Wow the ending punch animation? Crazy Gurren Laggan Vibes haha. Love it!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dec 7, 2023 11:28 AM
May 2021
Goated ep!! Thanks jjk team!! Doing the manga justice. Todo us fck back!!! Miwa tho :(
Dec 7, 2023 11:28 AM

Apr 2018
BROTHER'S DUO IS BACK !

ONI BAKU COMBIIIIII

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Dec 7, 2023 11:31 AM
Nov 2020
Finally some peace
Dec 7, 2023 11:39 AM

Jul 2017
What a beautiful episode man,got me during yuji's scenes and especially miwa's,amazing voice acting for both.

Dec 7, 2023 11:40 AM
Aug 2020
now is my best of the year

the duo is back
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 7, 2023 11:45 AM
Jun 2023
Excited for the upcoming episode
Dec 7, 2023 11:48 AM
Sep 2021
Whoever was in charge of making that transition cut from the flash back to Nobara's Dead face, I have no idea how they sleep at night 😭😭

Like bro I was actually laughing and then they just cut to that while I'm still laughing 😭

This episode really digs out all the pain we've already been through by bringing it back up but then Todo comes back (Lowkey forgot he existed) to pick us back up and remind us all is not lost.

Overall a really great episode and it felt Movie Level again ❤️.

Let's hope we get all the last 3 episodes this year 🤞🏼
Dec 7, 2023 11:51 AM
Sep 2021
AndyM8 said:
@felipeliborio what?? This is one of the best looking eps of this season

Exactly I feel people who still say the animation is bad are just trolling at this point like I don't even understand.

Sure in some specific moments it sometimes feel like they cut corner but when a scene has to hit it hits we had a lot of well animated moments like that in this episode.

The miwa scene made it feel like a whole movie honestly.
Dec 7, 2023 11:53 AM
Jan 2017
HOLY SHIT, mappa cant stop cooking. voice acting, OSTs, ep direction, animation, sound effects. everything is just so peak. one of the best adaptations of all time
Dec 7, 2023 11:53 AM
Oct 2023
Can Todo improve his ability by clapping his ass instead of his hands? I think that will be much more effective because he can punch right after switching and doesn't telegraph his clap to the enemy (because he has thick pants)
Dec 7, 2023 11:57 AM
Jan 2023
bro the todo's special black flash seemed something from my hero academia😭😭😂
Dec 7, 2023 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
noyza2132 said:
Can Todo improve his ability by clapping his ass instead of his hands? I think that will be much more effective because he can punch right after switching and doesn't telegraph his clap to the enemy (because he has thick pants)

I’m so glad I read this
Dec 7, 2023 12:08 PM
Sep 2023
nothing , I'm just bamboozled by Gojo's shirt price .
Dec 7, 2023 12:16 PM
Sep 2023
dang best ep of the season so far
Dec 7, 2023 12:19 PM
Aug 2023
they fkn transitioned from a sweet and fun memory to current time Itadori through Nobara's eye socket... THAT WAS WILD
I reallly really loved the color grading in this episode ... from Miwa's dimmed dark blue theme which matched her hair color... to the flashiness of Todo... I can't wait for the Blu-ray
Dec 7, 2023 12:23 PM
Dec 2019
I love this show so much
Dec 7, 2023 12:27 PM
Feb 2021
rock to T-pose is crazy
Dec 7, 2023 12:33 PM
Dec 2022
Mahito NOT ONLY summoned the Train Eater but LITERALLY became Yoru from Chainsaw Man…
Dec 7, 2023 12:36 PM
Apr 2021
Finally some brothers tag teaming up! The opening did spoil us that Todo would be involved, good to see him come up
Dec 7, 2023 12:37 PM
Jan 2022
the episodes just get better every single time
Dec 7, 2023 12:38 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The most emotionally impactful episode so far; from Mechamaru saying his final goodbyes to Miwa, to Yuji finding himself again, and with Todo's help, getting back on his feet.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 7, 2023 12:39 PM
Jun 2023
Nose que decir... este capítulo me dejo sin palabras 👏🥲👏🥲👏🥲👏🥲 muchas gracias a los animadores enserio muchas GRACIAS POR DAR LO MEJOR DE SÍ!
Dec 7, 2023 12:42 PM
May 2016
Man I am really impressed by Junya Enoki the emotion he puts into Yuji voices is really good and has made these last episodes so much better.
Dec 7, 2023 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
Holy..the amount of peak in this episode, from the great itadori todo duo back, Miwa’s farewell to Mechamaru to itadori hitting the black flash on Mahito and remembering Nanami, that was amazing. MAPPA has been cooking a lot so far and their quality has been very unique, im sitting here seeing how unique this animation is. Now we’re 20 eps done, cant wait to see how they will end this.
Dec 7, 2023 12:51 PM

Apr 2012
Nitta, if you actually pull this off and save Nobara's life, you will become my favorite person in the whole entire universe.
Dec 7, 2023 12:58 PM
Sep 2016
MIWA AND UTAHIME STAY AWAY FROM SHIBUYA MIWA AND UTAHIME!!! PLEASE!!!

God, Mechamaru's goodbye was really heartbreaking, might be one of my favorite scenes this season. Miwa's crying was haunting.
Dec 7, 2023 12:59 PM

Oct 2020
Let's all pray for Nobara's safety
Dec 7, 2023 1:00 PM

Jan 2021
anybody know the ost where yuji threw the rock and todo was about to boogie woogie with it?
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

556 by Marckye »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 23, 2023

356 by 0217 »»
Yesterday, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Jul 5, 2023

570 by LordJesse777 »»
Jun 15, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Oct 19, 2023

411 by Ronielew123 »»
Jun 14, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Sep 21, 2023

339 by Alkibiades404 »»
Jun 12, 4:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.