Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2023 10:39 AM
Mar 2022
nobara <33333333
Nov 30, 2023 10:42 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to KanameYuuki
What a waste of time and a hot character, she did nothing, she accomplished nothing and just died.
@KanameYuuki É exatamente disso que se trata a mensagem de Jujutsu Kaisen.
O mundo dos feiticeiros não se importa com o quanto vc realizou ou quer realizar, você não é importante e vai morrer esquecido por todos como qualquer outro feiticeiro comum.
Você não é diferente.
É por isso que Jujutsu é incrível
Nov 30, 2023 10:44 AM
Dec 2022
Nycro said:
Wtf happend. Last episode was complete ass, but this one is amazing.

JJK S2 is truly hit or miss.

Yuji vs mahito last episode was great, not exaclty sukuna vs jogo level but it was till great animation. You can definitely tell which episodes/scenes they put more effort into but that doesn’t mean the ones which are worse quality are bad. They just aren’t the best they could be given the right conditions and time.
Nov 30, 2023 10:48 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Nobara, good girls don't live long.
MegamiRemNov 30, 2023 12:20 PM
Nov 30, 2023 10:53 AM
Apr 2021
My heart is crying for Nobara. 💔
Nov 30, 2023 11:05 AM
Dec 2022
Why is everyone dying,
RIP Nobaraa, you truly were the best girl
Nov 30, 2023 11:13 AM

Mar 2020
Alright, once again, thank you to all the animators for working so hard to push these episodes out. The effort shows. It's been a miracle they've been able to keep this anime afloat after everything that has gone on. No real complaints from me from the visual side of things.

Unfortunately, my enjoyment for this arc has sank even further, as I really don't think Nobara's character was handled effectively, would have been much better if we saw some of the scenes in the flashback to characterize her character earlier on rather than saving it for the dramatic flashback when we all know she was done for. To be frank, we haven't gotten many meaningful scenes for Nobara yet, and to kill her off now, seems rather questionable in terms of a writing decision. The many fights we've gotten this arc has been epic, sure, when the animation had more uniqueness to it, but other than that, this pales in comparison to anything we got in Hidden Inventory by quite a long shot. They say "suffering builds character", but to me, it's just mediocre writing as this just serves as more rage for Yuuji.

This doesn't mean I hate this arc completely, but the impactful episodes have been few and far between for me. It feels dragged, to be honest. Would have rather had a couple extra episodes for Hidden Inventory.
Nov 2023
Nobara was the best girl, extremely wasted character. She has barely screen time during this arc and she is weak and useless. Killing her is a terrible decision and the serie from now can only get worse. The author just wanted an excuse for kill her and focus on Maki nazifemminst woke agenda.
Aug 2018
First they killed one of my favourite characters this season (Nanami) and then they killed my favourite (Nobara)… I guess I have Gojo left but he’s in a cube. Jjk s2 is basically just showing up and crying my eyes out once a week. I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle this season if Mahito isn’t killed cuz this is just a butcher house and the payoff better be worth it. I’m so incredibly destroyed I just can’t
Aug 2016
Last week it was the Nanami bros, today it's the Nobara bros... *sigh* two back to back emotional damage episodes...

Nobara's backstory was fun and touching, which made the whole episode so much more impactful overall.

JJK man... Shibuya arc is just pain now. Hopefully Todo now comes to aid Itadori in his fight to kill Mahito once and for all. Fuck him, total garbage killed two of the most beloved characters

RIP Nobara
Nov 30, 2023 11:19 AM

May 2020
damn
first nanami and now nobara
rip

Nov 30, 2023 11:22 AM
Feb 2021
Amazing episode I love it.
Nov 30, 2023 11:23 AM

Feb 2008
Jesus, we went from Nanami to Nobara without even a break in between.
Nov 30, 2023 11:32 AM
Sep 2023
gege when i meet u atleast gimme 1 episode free from anyone loss!!!💔😭
Nov 30, 2023 11:37 AM
May 2021
Rip kugisaki nobara… still not confirmed if shes acc dead tho.
Nov 30, 2023 11:38 AM

Oct 2014
I knew that if any of the 3 were going to die it'd be Nobara. That said, her death seems suspiciously "clean". Nanami literally exploded. She wasn't even transfigured. I feel like she could easily be brought back, just without an eye.

Got a feeling Yuji is going to change up big from this Shibuya arc. Something akin to
from HxH.
Nov 30, 2023 11:39 AM
Oct 2023
Rest in peace Kugisaki Nobara you will be missed as much as Nanami Kento. two great characters now dead to mahito.Mahito needs to die and im very excited for the moment he does.a great episode. Nobaras backstory was also very good
Nov 30, 2023 11:45 AM
Jun 2021
mahito got beat up harddd like he deserves also nobara :(((((
Nov 30, 2023 11:55 AM
Nov 2020
ya but like what did you gain from that
Nov 30, 2023 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
I felt nothing for Nobara's death just like in the manga, so I guess this was a perfect adaptation from MAPPA. Adding a flashback just before it happens doesn't make me care more for her whatsoever. Wasted character by Gege; he should've had her do more early on in Shibuya for us to actually care.

It's easy to tell that most of these episodes were put together the day/week of airing. Mahito gets punched into a wall by Yuji leaving him sitting down next to a massive blood stain and the next shot we see of him he is standing up with 0 damage taken. It can be seen as nitpicking, but many cuts simply do not flow well into others. Animation was fine, but fine is not enough for JJK.

My sentiments toward this season can be somewhat salvaged if they adapt the upcoming fight to near perfection. Otherwise Shibuya's adaptation is a miss for me.
KneelBeforeMeNov 30, 2023 12:07 PM
Nov 30, 2023 12:03 PM

Oct 2018
It's always sad when a lesbian dies, but why are all the flashbacks so misplaced in this anime? Jesus Christ.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Nov 30, 2023 12:04 PM
Jan 2021
THIS ANIME IS SO AWESOME POGGERS
Nov 30, 2023 12:13 PM
Jun 2023
Otro capítulo godd cawn la pelea de itagoat y mahito estuvo increíble y los recuerdos de kigusaki estuvieron tiernos un gran trabajoo que están haciendo los animadores 👏👏👏
Nov 30, 2023 12:20 PM

Oct 2009
Getting really fed up with the obvious attempts at emotional manipulation, and of only seeing interesting bits of characters just before they die. And the neverending struggle against the bad ones who are never even hurt but can just literally touch anyone and off them like that.
Nov 30, 2023 12:26 PM
Jun 2019
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Nov 30, 2023 12:26 PM

May 2015
They way he said her name at the end gave me chills. You can hear the absolute defeat in his voice. Great voice acting.

Nov 30, 2023 12:27 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Modernoir
Surprisingly good episode this week, definitely a step-up overall from last week's.
@Modernoir Last week's episode was absolutely incredible? Mahito vs Yuji was probably the best fight we've seen yet in the entire series.
Nov 30, 2023 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
Mahito is such a good antagonist/villain to Yuji. Like Mahito is going for all the mental attacks on Yuji. First Nanami was killed. Now it is Kugisaki. Like wow. Super wow. I love Mahito as a villain/antagonist so much because of what he can do and what he is doing.
Nov 30, 2023 12:29 PM
Feb 2023
thebrentinator24 said:
First thing that I want to point out is how well-animated this episode was. I was prepared for this episode to look terrible because of the people shouting doom and gloom, saying they should delay the rest of the season, and claiming that the staff hadn't even started working on the remaining episodes beyond episode 18. But the opposite was true, this looked better than last weeks episode. Also, the claim about them not having started production came from random shit I saw on Twitter, so in hindsight, it's probably safe to assume those had zero merit or credibility to begin with lol.

But damn, the fighting that took place in the episodes first half looked incredible, especially when Yuji was going all in on whooping Mahito's ass. Regardless of what the truth is about this episodes production, the staff is pulling some crazy magic out of their asses so props to them.

Last week was Nanami, now it's Nobara's turn on the chopping block. Hopefully that shot of her in the OP surrounded by chairs while she covers her left eye makes a lot more sense now. Spoilers in plain sight 💀 Gotta also have the emotional backstory before sending her off. Yuji is 15 years old experiencing insane levels of trauma in just a matter of a few hours. Poor kid lol.

RIP Nobara, for all we know. I only say "for all we know" because her status is currently listed as "unknown," and even to this day in the manga we still aren't 100% certain of her fate. Still, if you're a Nobara fan I wouldn't hold out hope lol, it's safe to assume she's more than likely gone for real.

So you are saying they aren’t getting overworked to death… What’s literally wrong with you?
Nov 30, 2023 12:30 PM

Mar 2020
i dont know how to feel about this
it just feels wrong and out of place, maybe too soon
Nov 30, 2023 12:30 PM
Feb 2023
Phosphophyllita said:
It's always sad when a lesbian dies, but why are all the flashbacks so misplaced in this anime? Jesus Christ.

Where did that come from? LOL
Nov 30, 2023 12:31 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Confused_100
thebrentinator24 said:
First thing that I want to point out is how well-animated this episode was. I was prepared for this episode to look terrible because of the people shouting doom and gloom, saying they should delay the rest of the season, and claiming that the staff hadn't even started working on the remaining episodes beyond episode 18. But the opposite was true, this looked better than last weeks episode. Also, the claim about them not having started production came from random shit I saw on Twitter, so in hindsight, it's probably safe to assume those had zero merit or credibility to begin with lol.

But damn, the fighting that took place in the episodes first half looked incredible, especially when Yuji was going all in on whooping Mahito's ass. Regardless of what the truth is about this episodes production, the staff is pulling some crazy magic out of their asses so props to them.

Last week was Nanami, now it's Nobara's turn on the chopping block. Hopefully that shot of her in the OP surrounded by chairs while she covers her left eye makes a lot more sense now. Spoilers in plain sight 💀 Gotta also have the emotional backstory before sending her off. Yuji is 15 years old experiencing insane levels of trauma in just a matter of a few hours. Poor kid lol.

RIP Nobara, for all we know. I only say "for all we know" because her status is currently listed as "unknown," and even to this day in the manga we still aren't 100% certain of her fate. Still, if you're a Nobara fan I wouldn't hold out hope lol, it's safe to assume she's more than likely gone for real.

So you are saying they aren’t getting overworked to death… What’s literally wrong with you?
@Confused_100 Tf are you talking about, literally where did I say that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 30, 2023 12:34 PM
Feb 2023
thebrentinator24 said:

Your first paragraph literally is that…
Except if I misunderstood it
Nov 30, 2023 12:44 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Confused_100
thebrentinator24 said:

Your first paragraph literally is that…
Except if I misunderstood it
@Confused_100 If you mean the last sentence, I'm saying there was probably zero merit or credibility to the claims I saw that said the staff hadn't even started production on the final few episodes yet, mainly because I was seeing those claims being made by random people on Twitter who could have just been making stuff up. Those people could be right for all we know, but they might also be totally wrong. But when it comes to the issue of the animators being overworked, there's no doubt about that, and I'm not saying that's untrue at all.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 30, 2023 12:46 PM
Oct 2019
JJK 2S qualifies as the most overrated anime of the decade.
It's all animation. the plot is confusing and lackluster. I will still finish it, but really disappointed.
Nov 30, 2023 12:47 PM
Aug 2020
I hate that character... First Nanami and now Nobara
Lany_kunNov 30, 2023 12:59 PM
Nov 30, 2023 12:52 PM

Apr 2013
I think they managed to make the death of an important character feel less impactful and less emotional than a show like Mahoiku managed to do for each of its death scenes in its 1+ character death / episode ratio, which is telling a lot about how terrible the writing and choreography has been for both death. I had to go and check if she was really dead in the source material because Icouldn't believe any story could spend time to give flashback and several additional scene to a death of a character that has been here for dozens of episodes yet still so absurdly miss the mark that most anime out there can play the death of characters we've known for one episode in a better manner.

RIP Nobara and Nanami, your death wasn't sad but the fact they weren't felt as such is truly sad. Also it's even worse for Nobara since a death happening so close of Nanami's means that it will have almost zero impact in character growth and story telling on the long run. What a freaking waste. JJK was never about having anything more than cool fights so expecting good writing is kind of having the wrong expectations, but wow we really hit the bottom of the barrel this episode. I seriously hope that this IS the bottom and that we aren't going to sink lower.
Nov 30, 2023 12:55 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to Okeanix
Females are bad written and not needed because they are NPCs in the Jujutsu Kaisen.

People got illusion over "Nobara or Maki" is good female characters, No. Good female characters does not exist in shounen, stop chasing a dream. This episode already shows it.
@Okeanix Not gonna spoil but trust me brother, your opinion about Maki not being a good character might change really soon
Nov 30, 2023 12:56 PM
Sep 2023
I can't with this show, the animation, story, holy shit its so good
Nov 30, 2023 1:03 PM
Oct 2023
first time it was acceptable but being mahito who's killing nobara is discussing and unfair , I just wanted to see more meaningful and propriate death not just for nobara but also for nanami
Nov 30, 2023 1:06 PM

May 2015
...I can't believe what I've just seen.
Feb 2023
thebrentinator24 said:
@Confused_100 If you mean the last sentence, I'm saying there was probably zero merit or credibility to the claims I saw that said the staff hadn't even started production on the final few episodes yet, mainly because I was seeing those claims being made by random people on Twitter who could have just been making stuff up. Those people could be right for all we know, but they might also be totally wrong. But when it comes to the issue of the animators being overworked, there's no doubt about that, and I'm not saying that's untrue at all.

Okay cool, then I misunderstood your claim. My bad

Apr 2020
*deep breath* Im enjoying this emotional damage, yes, as anime only watcher i like how in point of story tell direction it goes, fights are spectacular too,
good season so far, im fine im clearly not (well, at least i like how mappa animators n special effects staff made it in total)
Im usually ok with bad guys, but Mahito- When i catch Mahito! this little piece of- uhhh, i hate it so much, i just want it dead already.
Thats enough, Yuji please beat that thing twice hard. Nanami and now Nobara, rest well my dear, you wont be forgotten. They were so interesting characters... I miss you already.

Nov 30, 2023 1:09 PM
Nov 2021
PEAAAAAAK EPISODE, THE FIGHT, THE EMOTIONS, AND SADNESS, ALL IN ONE EPISODE, PEAK
Nov 30, 2023 1:14 PM

May 2021
Masters of cliff-hangers strike again. God forbid we got some more Itadori action. Naaah, balls must be ripe blue all the time. Ten minute quota fulfilled for this week, join us next week when you still won't be able to see what happens.
Nov 30, 2023 1:32 PM
Jun 2022
Nobara main is Meta Knight?
Nov 30, 2023 1:33 PM
Nov 2015
Oh my GOD the way itadori says "Kugisaki" at the end so softly - like the calm before the storm!!! Brilliant. I loved seeing more of Kugisaki's backstory. JJK is just too good man.
Nov 30, 2023 1:35 PM
Jun 2015
Terrible shit.
Not fan randomly guy touches you ,you die what a dogshit writing.
Nov 30, 2023 1:37 PM
Aug 2022
genuinely had me in tears
Nov 30, 2023 1:39 PM

Dec 2018
Good episode but that ending just crushed my spirit. Thank god I have a week to cope before the next episode.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

550 by shekhar0050m »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

552 by decalcomanic »»
May 27, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Aug 3, 2023

488 by satomae »»
May 26, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

368 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
May 25, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 21, 2023

243 by Northgical »»
May 25, 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.