Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2023 10:44 AM

Nov 2014
This makes me wonder if Rudeus' reincarnation is just his soul getting caught up in summoning of Nanahoshi, which happened at the same time he died.
And this backflash of his - does he actually remember her or it was just for us?
Sep 3, 2023 10:55 AM
Jul 2023
Peak in its definition.
Sep 3, 2023 10:55 AM
Dec 2020
We finally got a good adaptation in this episode
Sep 3, 2023 11:17 AM

Apr 2015
Huzzah, some actual progression for once and I didn't hate it. Wonders never cease...or maybe the highschool bullshittery episodes have just lowered my standards enough that even breadcrumbs get me excited.
Sep 3, 2023 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to JustAnotherShiro
This makes me wonder if Rudeus' reincarnation is just his soul getting caught up in summoning of Nanahoshi, which happened at the same time he died.
And this backflash of his - does he actually remember her or it was just for us?
@JustAnotherShiro He does remember her, he instantly recalled her face the moment it's been revealed.
In fact
DrimsonSep 5, 2023 6:35 PM
Sep 3, 2023 11:18 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to Apratim
If nanahoshi doesn't have mana then how she used the barriers??? some Magic item?? LN or manga readers answer plz
@Apratim I don't think they've ever explained it in the anime, but magical items are actually quite common, and if you come from some of the more wealthy noble families you will usually have the funds to obtain some magical items. If I remember correctly, Orsted gifted her the rings. Sylphy also has several magic items that were given to her from Ariel, her glasses and a pair of boots. Most cloaks that mages have also have some magical properties to shield them from some schools of magic.

There are actually two different types of magical items, one type are infused with mana and can be used by anyone, and the other type you have to infuse with mana to use.
Sep 3, 2023 11:25 AM

Jun 2021
I could understand why Nanahoshi wants to go back to the previous world as much as Rudeus who won't. They have their important reasons and would prioritize the place where people they care about resides. Such a crazy episode with Rudeus' panic attack and Fitz flipping switch. The emotions and all were well-delivered.
Sep 3, 2023 11:33 AM

May 2015
Season 1, Episode 1: "Two high school students thought to have also been hit are currently missing."
I don't understand how I didn't manage to catch this until now, it was staring us in the face the whole time. Rewatching the beginning of that episode also makes it clear that one of the people Shizuka is looking for definitely hasn't been isekai'd. There was also a flashback where he sees the three of them at the beginning of the second episode.
Sep 3, 2023 11:34 AM
Jul 2016
Absolutely loved the shots of Ranoa's interior towards the end. As of now, this is the premiere anime fantasy magic academy, at least until Magus of the Library receives an adaptation.
:)
Sep 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Apr 2021
This was the shortest ep up untill now
Sep 3, 2023 11:48 AM
May 2021
I’m dyslexic and don’t know Japanese.
I just want the dub. 🥲
Sep 3, 2023 11:58 AM
Dec 2021
I didn't see this unexpected twist coming!!! I love it!!
Sep 3, 2023 12:02 PM
May 2021
I really loved how at the beginning of the dialogue between Rudeus and Nanahoshi, they were speaking in the language of this foreign world and switched to Japanese to keep Fitz out of the loop.
Most isekais wouldn't even bother
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Sep 3, 2023 12:14 PM
Jul 2015
Lovely episode. Hopefully people that said that this season is slow and boring will shut up now. At least for a little while.
Sep 3, 2023 12:15 PM
Aug 2020
Can an LN novel reader please give me an estimated episode that Sylphy will reveal her identity to Rudeus??? I can't take the tension anymore :|

Loved the episode btw
Sep 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to nehcrow
Can an LN novel reader please give me an estimated episode that Sylphy will reveal her identity to Rudeus??? I can't take the tension anymore :|

Loved the episode btw
@nehcrow

Sep 3, 2023 12:26 PM

Jun 2021
FUCKING MASTERPIECE.

got so much to say but im eating rn

so lazy lol
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Sep 3, 2023 12:29 PM
Jul 2023
i liked it👍 the part where he sees the girl and screams and runs away gave me shivers + flashbacks
Sep 3, 2023 12:36 PM
Oct 2021
holy lore dump, great emotions from fitz. great episode!
Sep 3, 2023 12:40 PM
Apr 2022
Best ep so far <Character limit>
Sep 3, 2023 12:42 PM
Oct 2022
Best mushoku episode ever since launch in my opinion holy moly...
Sep 3, 2023 12:43 PM

Feb 2014
This is definitely the best episode of this season of Mushoku Tensei so far. The way that the episode went from calm to intense in a time that'll embarrass a drag car was brilliantly done.

Honestly, I can't blame Rudeus for reacting the way he did when he saw Nanahoshi and her mask, which immediately gave him PTSD flashbacks of when Orsted killed him in the previous season. When he came back from being unconscious, he was in Nanahoshi's study room with Sylphie, where Nanahoshi then did another big reveal as she was the very same girl that Rudeus saved from the out of control truck-kun back in his previous life. She was spot on to say that Rudeus came from Japan like she did.

The main difference was how the pair got reincarnated into this world. Rudeus came here as a newborn baby, but for Nanahoshi, she came to this world "five" years prior to the present day, but not only does she have zero mana, but according to her, she hasn't aged one bit at all. Another thing that I liked about this scene was how they spoke in both Japanese and this world's language, which added to Sylphie's confusion about what they were talking about.

Nanahoshi then dropped yet another reveal that she might be responsible for the mass teleportation incident. After hearing this, Sylphie completely went into pure rage and lunged at Nanahoshi, but thankfully Rudeus was able to restrain her and calm her down. I won't deny that seeing Sylphie flip out like that shocked me a bit, considering how used I am to seeing her act so calm and shy around Rudeus.

In the end, Rudeus has agreed to help out Nanahoshi with her objectives, which in turn will help him with his own questions that he seeks the answers for. The huge info dump that this episode gave out was fascinating and it has me excited for the next episode just to see where it'll lead the story next. I still hope that Sylphie reveals her identity to Rudeus soon, as I do worry that the longer she hesitates, the higher chance she'll miss her opportunity.
Sep 3, 2023 12:44 PM

Apr 2012
SteelCobraSRB said:
Lovely episode. Hopefully people that said that this season is slow and boring will shut up now. At least for a little while.

We shouldn't waste our energy on casuals who don't really give F* about the anime.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 3, 2023 1:01 PM

May 2016
I was fully immersed the whole episode, everything felt so important that you couldn't miss a second of it.
Sep 3, 2023 1:05 PM
Jun 2021
Love it! Need more ASAP!! The lore is soo good, 24 minutes flew by in 1 sec
Sep 3, 2023 1:08 PM
Dec 2019
Well now we got an idea of what cause the catastrophe but still don't know who did it.
Sep 3, 2023 1:11 PM

Jan 2021
WOOW
Just think about it
She could be perfect as the MC but she doesn´t
that´s the magic of mushoku, literally in this anime i find a lot of MCs from other series but in their original type

BECAUSE MUSHOKU IS THE FATHER OF ALL THE ISEKAIS

Sep 3, 2023 1:14 PM

Sep 2014
Somehow this story just became even more interesting than it already was. S2 part 2 is nearly a year away as well, this will be rough.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 3, 2023 1:23 PM

Dec 2020
FINALLY some payoff uuugh
Sep 3, 2023 1:25 PM

Sep 2011
I must be dreaming cause this episode actually progressed the main plot a little.

Gotta say though the bit about the world erasing you if you change history makes zero sense in this context. They aren't time travelers so there's no history to change. Also its gotta be some arbitray unknown limit because just existing in the world is "changing history"
Sep 3, 2023 1:27 PM
Jun 2020
This is Mushoku Tensei
Sep 3, 2023 1:38 PM

May 2018
Sylphie burst mode! :O
Sep 3, 2023 1:38 PM

Jul 2017
I might be in minority but i think this season has been great since ep 1,and this episode is no exception.Sure things might be slow but i appreciate the way the author lets things breathe and does not rush to another action heavy arc after the ending of season 1.This episode the Fitz snap and the Rudy panic attack were highlights in particular for me.

Sep 3, 2023 1:40 PM
Dec 2013
wow i think he might understand her problem very well

imagine if he actually got teleported into this barbaric world with his fat old body that doesn't grow or devloped , with next to no magical powers or guidence, with no loved ones to look after. the horrors she would have seen as a defenseless women in a land where rape and slavery of outsiders is the norm. Having a existential crisis about mortality/ immortality/ wiped from existence from a unknown reality wrapping force

rudeus got lucky. he was psudo born into nobility in a rich enough loving family, trained by some of the most skilled people in his land, bestowed enough mana to rival gods , guided by the man god himself .

really puts things into perspective how much he lucked out
Sep 3, 2023 1:43 PM
Dec 2013
Apratim said:
If nanahoshi doesn't have mana then how she used the barriers??? some Magic item?? LN or manga readers answer plz

magic items, her 2 rings .
Sep 3, 2023 1:45 PM
Dec 2013
El-Melloi said:
Season 1, Episode 1: "Two high school students thought to have also been hit are currently missing."
I don't understand how I didn't manage to catch this until now, it was staring us in the face the whole time. Rewatching the beginning of that episode also makes it clear that one of the people Shizuka is looking for definitely hasn't been isekai'd. There was also a flashback where he sees the three of them at the beginning of the second episode.

wow i sometimes forget how well written this lightnovel is
Sep 3, 2023 1:59 PM
Mar 2016
Great episode, we got to know Nanahoshi, which is really important in this series, can't wait for more!
Sep 3, 2023 2:09 PM

Jan 2013
@animegamer245 I had hope....
Sep 3, 2023 2:12 PM

Aug 2018
Didn't expect that info dump.
Sep 3, 2023 2:19 PM
Nov 2021
Great episode imo, here is some things i liked and things I did not like so much this episode:

(I'd be happy if you other people gave their takes on the same things as well)

Things I especially liked:

-seeing that rudeus is actually conducting studies still

-the rudeus trauma scene when he saw mask girl. It was so nicely made and really believable.

-the mask girl character itself. She is straight to the point and intense but still kinda laid back, also awesome voice acting.long but still enaging conversation.

-the language Swap was a cute detail haha,

-no fanservice. Especially the extra creepy kind is hard to watch for me.

Things I did not like so much this episode:

- basically silphy kinda, the scene with her and the princess felt mega pointless. The whole I can't reveal myself thing is getting a bit old, as well as the constant jealousy. I rolled my eyes at her 0%rage -> 100%rage -> 0%rage scene. I dont know... I really liked her up until now, lets hope she gets something meaningfull to say or do again soon.

-world erasing people felt pretty dumb, why even introduce that?

Lastly I hope, that they dont turn every single female character into a love interest for rudeus (please spare mask girl f.e.) and maybe introduce some cool male characters every once in a while.

All in all, still probably my favorite episodes of the season. What do you think?
Also please behave srsly, MAL people tend to be so needlessly toxic sometimes. Like a mixture of redditor, twitterbrain and 4 Chan edgelord. Hehe
mattik01Sep 3, 2023 2:26 PM
Sep 3, 2023 2:19 PM
Feb 2023
God and awesome 10/10
Sep 3, 2023 2:28 PM
Feb 2020
PEAK! PEAKTENSEI is PEAK!
Sep 3, 2023 2:40 PM
Jan 2021
Nanahoshi nah I like mamahoshi
Sep 3, 2023 2:42 PM

May 2022
That is definitely a good episode.

It didn't bring actions scenes but it is certain that it brought a lot of information to the lore of Mushoku Tensei and expanded its universe.

Very anxious for next week.
Sep 3, 2023 2:49 PM
Mar 2015
Orsted's follower was summoned to this world from the accident as our boi
Sep 3, 2023 2:50 PM
Nov 2019
so much for an episode...
Sep 3, 2023 2:58 PM

Feb 2022
Between this weeks and last this show is finally somewhat on track in my mind. Took what felt like a lot of pointless filler/wasted time to get here that lacked worthwhile development but at least it's getting a bit more serious with dropping some new mysteries to solve and dropping clues. It's a shame it seems it going to take all season to get Sylphy to say who she is though if she ever does.
Sep 3, 2023 3:00 PM
Jul 2014
Seems a little odd that Rudeus didn't reveal that he recognized her from Japan as well. I guess they're saving that for another moment, although it also does make a certain amount of sense since he's trying to forget who he was back then. Though speaking in Japanese again should have brought it all back up.

Speaking of bringing things back up, they're clearly setting up Sylphy to be the "cure" for his ED, being the "one girl he can truly trust to never betray him" (or something like that, I forget the precise phrasing) that they said he needed. And yet she's been spending the whole time lying about who she is, which ought to contradict that, surely? Granted there are some parallels to how he thought she was a boy when they first met, though that wasn't an intentional deception then.

Still, unless they're teasing us again, the next episode title hints that she might finally tell him.
Sep 3, 2023 3:15 PM
Aug 2020
This was a great episode, we learned dome few things…

I want to listen to more stories
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 3, 2023 3:17 PM
Mar 2023
This episode was such a banger.I can easily say that it was one of the best episodes of mushoku tensei.Looking forward to the next week.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

277 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 1, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

283 by shams267 »»
May 31, 8:22 PM

» This is lowkey the best SoL anime.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 24

24 by al_vl »»
May 25, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2023

355 by lasodamos »»
May 22, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

454 by eddy_spaghetti »»
May 21, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.