Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 14, 2023 6:21 AM
Dec 2022
Tanslay said:
BenchNaldo said:

Compare the 3d animation to other animes & you will see how good ds 3d is

I compare ds cgi with the best cgi out there cuz since ds is known as the best animation then y lower the standards when it comes to cgi

ds cg is incomparable with good cgi

Ds isn't known for its cgi but animation. Animation≠cgi
+ I'm not saying its The best but it's definetly not bad so you're overexaggerating it alot. It's still pretty good espicially the wood dragons & gyokko final form. The fish demons are a little... Rough... But other than that ds has shown some pretty good cgi.
Jun 14, 2023 6:24 AM
Dec 2022
jeffery_dahmer said:
Dragevard said:
Anyone else watching it for the plot and characters rather than animation?
of course for the animation duh. ds neither has a story nor characters. both are blandest among entire shounen genre.

Having basic plot doesn't mean it's bad. Basic doesn't mean bad in any way. So you're overexaggerating it. Yes it doesn't have a plot comparable to other new gens but yall acting all shounens have insane plot when animes like dragon ball exist. Dragon ball is in the exact same situation as demon slayer. Both have good animation (not dbs but dbz) & good fights but basic plot yet only dragon ball gets bashed for it, why? Cuz its simply just breaking alot of records by numbers.
Jun 14, 2023 6:29 AM
Jun 2023
The next season will be awesome
Jun 14, 2023 6:32 AM
Dec 2020
im watching it for entertainment
Jun 14, 2023 6:34 AM
May 2022
I watch for the whole thing. If I just cared about the animation, I would just go on YouTube and search for the fight scenes.
It's a simple, decent story being animated very well. I'm here for the ride.
Jun 14, 2023 6:46 AM
Jan 2022
Dragevard said:

yaa me watching it for both!💗
Jun 14, 2023 6:47 AM
Apr 2022
Dragevard said:

I'm watching it to enjoy(story, animation epic fights). I aint the type of a guy who trashtalk other anime, so I can enjoy anything😅
Jun 14, 2023 7:32 AM
Aug 2022
DexterDrubo said:
Tanslay said:
all of my friends r just watching for the animation and to be specific the 2d animation cuz 3d is Hella bad

You never watched any CGI animation, did you?

I did

character limit
Jun 14, 2023 10:00 AM
Mar 2021
nope it is just bland and boring without this GOATED animation
Jun 14, 2023 10:10 AM
Dec 2021
Yes I enjoy the story 👌🏻
Jun 14, 2023 10:12 AM
Jan 2021
BenchNaldo said:
jeffery_dahmer said:
of course for the animation duh. ds neither has a story nor characters. both are blandest among entire shounen genre.

Having basic plot doesn't mean it's bad. Basic doesn't mean bad in any way. So you're overexaggerating it. Yes it doesn't have a plot comparable to other new gens but yall acting all shounens have insane plot when animes like dragon ball exist. Dragon ball is in the exact same situation as demon slayer. Both have good animation (not dbs but dbz) & good fights but basic plot yet only dragon ball gets bashed for it, why? Cuz its simply just breaking alot of records by numbers.
dragon ball series is a bit different cuz it started it all. it's among the first shounen anime to come out. demon slayer is not that. also, it's plot isn't just generic and simple. it's so generic that it feels stupid. none of the characters have any personality and they all have just ONE SINGLE trait. ds has probably the most lazy writing of any story i have ever seen. hell, tom and jerry feels more creative than demon slayer's plot. u might it's fine but i think your standard is very low if u think that.
Jun 14, 2023 10:13 AM
Cool Guy

Jul 2022
There is not other reason than to watch this for the animation, the plot and characters are abysmal.
Jun 14, 2023 10:17 AM
Jan 2021
Vulture_47 said:
Dragevard said:

I'm watching it to enjoy(story, animation epic fights). I aint the type of a guy who trashtalk other anime, so I can enjoy anything😅 
criticizing something doesn't mean trash talking. trash talking refers to a rant which hates on something for no apparant reason and no explainations.
Jun 14, 2023 10:30 AM
Dec 2022
jeffery_dahmer said:
BenchNaldo said:

dragon ball series is a bit different cuz it started it all. it's among the first shounen anime to come out. demon slayer is not that. also, it's plot isn't just generic and simple. it's so generic that it feels stupid. none of the characters have any personality and they all have just ONE SINGLE trait. ds has probably the most lazy writing of any story i have ever seen. hell, tom and jerry feels more creative than demon slayer's plot. u might it's fine but i think your standard is very low if u think that.

Starting it all doesn't change the fact that it's plot is still way worse than demon slayers plot. and once again ur overexaggerating. Once again generic story doesn't equal bad story &. How u gon say the hasgiras have 1 trait when we've barely met any of them long enough. + ur acting like tom & Jerry isn't better than 90% of anime. Literally better than ur fav anime so sit down. Ur just a hater that gets mad cuz ds surpassed ur fav anime. Shi u probably hate ds more than u love ur fav anime 🤣
Jun 14, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 2021
I'm watching it for the music.
Jun 14, 2023 11:20 AM
May 2022
I mean there's not much of a plot this time tbh. The Upper Moons don't even feel as threatening as UM6 in ED Arc. That saps all the fun out of it for me. Let's be honest these 2 are like the weakest Demons especially the pot one. Rengoku or Tengen would've ended this season in 2 episodes.
Jun 14, 2023 12:16 PM
Jan 2021
BenchNaldo said:
jeffery_dahmer said:

Starting it all doesn't change the fact that it's plot is still way worse than demon slayers plot. and once again ur overexaggerating. Once again generic story doesn't equal bad story &. How u gon say the hasgiras have 1 trait when we've barely met any of them long enough. + ur acting like tom & Jerry isn't better than 90% of anime. Literally better than ur fav anime so sit down. Ur just a hater that gets mad cuz ds surpassed ur fav anime. Shi u probably hate ds more than u love ur fav anime 🤣
u don't even have a comeback lmao. i said dragon ball is a diffferent case as it started it all means that when it came out, it felt refreshing. there weren't a whole lot shows to even judge dragon ball. and dragon ball's story and characters  is miles better than demon slayer's. wtf have u smoked? demon slayer's plot is the most repetitive, bland and predictable out of all modern anime and everyone knows it. i haven't read the manga but i can bet my ass that even muzan would be finished in the same way all the demons have til now lmao. same old sad backstory or him becoming ''good'' and ''compasonate'' or ''guilty'' before dying lmao. demon slayer follows the SAME repetitive trope in literally all it's battles. 1. a new demon appears, 2. our mcs and friends get trashed dwon, 3. sad flashbacks kick in showing how our oh so righteous heroes were treated badly and how they all lost thier family and now they became heroes trying to protect everyone. 4. this somehow makes our mc team strong and with the help of a hasihra, they whop the demon's ass. 5. but right when the demon is dying, we get to his his cringe lil sad story so as to we feel bad about the demon lmao.that's it. it's the same across the board. even the demons follow the same cringe writing for ffs. al characters are made on a single trait lmao. our mc tanjiro is a dude wanting to protect everyone. this shit is so cringe it makes me wonder just what the author smoked while writing him. nezuko barely even qualifies as a character. and i meant all characters built on a single trait, not just hasiras.  we not seeing hashiras doesn't mean shit cuz we all know what's gonna happen when they do come. we r going to see the same cringe flashbacks of the hashiras either loosing family or having something sad happen to them and now they became demon slayer to protect everyone for no apparant reason. i can bet that's what's going to happen. and not just with hashiras, i bet many demons will be having the same lame cringe sad backstories to justify them like we have already seen a milion times in ds. and finally, i don't think i ever compared demon slayer to any other anime that i love. and i won't be comparing it either cuz it would be a disrspect to those anime. i mostly like seinen stories like monster, vagabond, berserk, pun pun, 20th century boys, usogui,etc but even comparing ds to some of the shounen i love i.e, hxh, death note etc would be crime lmao. u r a shounentard which is clearly visible by your vauge comment lmao. go cry kid.😂😂
Jun 14, 2023 2:30 PM
Aug 2021
Well story is enjoyable. But without this animation quality, I'd not watch it.
Jun 14, 2023 3:18 PM
Jun 2023
jeffery_dahmer said:
BenchNaldo said:

I am surprised I dont see as much flack on BC for this exact same reason with its actual single trait characters. I guarantee you if DS was 90% shit and had a twist like BC people wouldnt be hating it nearly as much. almost every shounen is either comparable in story or goes on for way too long and ends up being horrible in the end. If I wanted a good story shounen is not where I would go.
Jun 14, 2023 3:55 PM

Apr 2020
Sure, but to me the animation was always the thing about this Show that really stood out, thanks to Ufotable.

Story and plot are kinda okay, while getting a bit repetetive lately, but the animation is what's godlike about the Series, imo^^
Jun 14, 2023 7:42 PM
Apr 2022
jeffery_dahmer said:
Vulture_47 said:

criticizing something doesn't mean trash talking. trash talking refers to a rant which hates on something for no apparant reason and no explainations.

Doesnt change the fact that I'm not one of em 👀
Criticizing to troll fans does count as a trashtalking. Like I've seen in almost every demon slayer posts there was atleast one comment saying "Demon slayer is trash/mid/kid's show" bla bla bla. Definitely attention seekers. I mean if you don't like it, quit watching. Let the others enjoy it🤷‍♂
Jun 14, 2023 8:13 PM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
I couldn't care less about the characters and plot lmao. The action is fun to watch though. The music is cool too.
Jun 14, 2023 9:56 PM
May 2022
I was watching for plot and also like the animation but bruh.. after mugen train, the story is straight garbage 🤧🤧
Jun 14, 2023 11:09 PM

Oct 2013
BenchNaldo said:
Ds isn't known for its cgi but animation. Animation≠cgi
If I might interject something here: akshually, CGI is also a form of animation. Just one of techniques used in the animation process. Somehow, many anime fans seem to be on the verge of mental breakdown when they see this technique in action. It doesn't matter whether it looks good or bad.

But yes, Demon Slayer is known for its stellar animation in general, so is ufotable as a studio.
Jun 15, 2023 5:09 AM
Jun 2021
— No one continues watches something if they do not enjoy it
— No one watches something for such a long period of time (19 hours of content) because it looks pretty

All not falling under these two axioms are aberrations of nature.
///
Jun 15, 2023 5:10 AM
Jun 2021
Kockorzo said:
— No one continues watches something if they do not enjoy it
— No one watches something for such a long period of time (19 hours of content) because it looks pretty

All not falling under these two axioms are aberrations of nature.

Furthermore, since people lie— anyone who tells otherwise is a liar.
///
Jun 15, 2023 6:59 AM

Sep 2020
Eh the animation this season is not good by Ufotable standards. And I think the plot is kinda basic which isn't a bad thing. The plot in most battle shounen shows are always basic, it's the characters that make the plot worth caring for/not worth caring for and usually I would say that I care for the characters, I find it difficult this season to care for Muichiro or Mitsuri. It wasn't hard with Tengen and Rengoku or even some of the other hashira that have made appearances and are going to be key to the story in the future.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 15, 2023 10:39 AM
Jan 2020
Didn't start this season but planning on watching only the fights/flashy scenes in YT lol.
So no, I am only watching DS for animation at this point.
Jun 15, 2023 12:39 PM
Jul 2017
Plot and characters??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

They aren't terrible, but they are as basic and uninspired as they can be... 

- The animation is phenomenal.
- The sound track is pretty good.
- The fight choreography is usually okay, sometimes great and sometimes terrible.
Jun 15, 2023 9:44 PM

Nov 2018
Anyone else not watching it at all?
Jun 16, 2023 11:11 AM

Feb 2023
I clicked on this thread from the homepage so I didn't notice it was about KnY at first and I was going to say "no, I actually prefer to watch anime for the animation" but now that I know it's about KnY I have to say the opposite. Yes, I don't like KnY's animation that much. I'm watching it for the plot.
Jun 16, 2023 2:30 PM

Oct 2014
Watching Demon Slayer for the story and characters. My, what big dead giveaway you have.
Jun 16, 2023 11:20 PM

Jun 2020
I’m watching 1) for the characters.
Love seeing all the new hashiras and their personalities, also our main group is so fun and wholesome <3
2) for the animation. Simply stunning
3) the plot… really direct and simple, with a few twist, but nothing spectacular
Jun 17, 2023 5:29 AM
Aug 2016
No other reason to watch the show. Without the godlike animation it's just a very generic battle shonen without much going for it.
Jun 17, 2023 8:05 PM
Jan 2021
not me. demon slayer s2 just made me crave ufotable's animation, thats all.
Jun 17, 2023 8:25 PM

Mar 2023
im watching it cuz i genuinely just love demon slayer but yeah i also watch it purely for the characters and plot too
My Candys!

Jun 19, 2023 3:23 AM

Dec 2009
Here for the animation only (maybe for Inosuke too), I endured through this season for sakuga and got pretty much nothing, if next season is this boring I'm droping this.
Jun 19, 2023 4:42 AM
Apr 2021
There is no way anyone would watch DS mainly for the story/plot. Demon Slayers story is basic af and follows the same formula every single time. The characters have next to no depth. And whats been bothering me since the beginning is the lack of explaining important plot elements. I don't need to know everything, but I also don't want any power ups or ablilities that where never teased before and have zero explanation as to how and why they exist. The animation is marvelous and the fights are enjoyable because of that. Demon Slayer is the kind of anime where you just turn of your brain and enjoy the action.
Jun 20, 2023 6:26 PM
May 2023
I also don't care about the animation but few seasons in, I started to see the plot armor each character has, tanjiro probably would've been killed by Nezuko but of course Giyu came at the right time and everyone was saved. And this started to be boring but the story is still kind of enjoyable
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

710 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
May 26, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

454 by jasiy100 »»
May 21, 7:46 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.