Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 24, 2023 9:17 AM

Jan 2020
Oh fuck seeing it animated made me sooo happy. I won't lie, i literally didn't like Akane at first, at all, even after i read the manga and caught up, still wasn't the best in the anime. But holy shit this episode made me know why everyone likes her! I somewhat like her now.
May 24, 2023 9:19 AM
Feb 2023
This episode was good. Not as great as the last one but still good (not great caliber). Akane as usual showing why she’s the best character in the series easily for me. This was easily the 3rd best episode of the series.

Now for the break, will it hurt the series? I don’t think so. As we will once again enter a kind of build off episode before entering the climax of the season. So I think they did it at the right time.
May 24, 2023 9:20 AM
May 2022
the battle between who is the best for aqua starts now❤️‍🔥
May 24, 2023 9:20 AM
Feb 2023
Rimusimp said:
Zakaker said:
The ending was amazing but I'm praying to god this doesn't turn into a harem
it doesn’t lol, don’t worry

It does though… Why are you giving misinformation? There’s literally a love triangle which will be very important lol
May 24, 2023 9:22 AM

Jan 2015
The ending so good, I can't put into words
May 24, 2023 9:24 AM
May 2019
Lol this was so cool.

The prologue left the bar quite high but still the show is delivering.
May 24, 2023 9:24 AM
Jun 2020
I got chills at that ending scene🥶
May 24, 2023 9:27 AM
Nov 2022
talk about obsessive the end really cought me off gaurd
May 24, 2023 9:28 AM
Jan 2021
The ending was deeply unsettling but otherwise a good episode, showing the bounce back, but once again that ending 100% put me on edge
May 24, 2023 9:28 AM
Feb 2023
bitz1209 said:
Lol this was so cool.

Not really but everyone has their tastes. Episodes 2-5 weren’t even close to “delivering”.

Btw I remember I saw your account before and you never posted before until this anime…
May 24, 2023 9:29 AM
Sep 2021
Akane is now back and she and aqua will now act as couples in the show her entry back to the set was lit.
May 24, 2023 9:30 AM
Apr 2022
Confused_100 said:
Rimusimp said:

It does though… Why are you giving misinformation? There’s literally a love triangle which will be very important lol
It’s not the main focus. The fandom is the problem, they focus to hard on it. Also by definition harem is atleast 3 girls. But either way the love triangle was never a main plot point. It’s just another way of developing a plot for the second season
May 24, 2023 9:32 AM

Mar 2017
For those that can understand JP, was Kana actually using complex words in the dub or is it just the subs trying to be pretentious?  Pretty random but its something I noticed happening with recent anime-related media. The most obvious example I guess would be from Genshin, specifically Paimon's dialogues. I personally think its a consequence of subbing becoming more professional(?) compared to the days of fansubbing, but what do you guys think?

Going back to the episode itself, I guess it was alright. Its one of those times when a weekly delay makes it lose the impact, so those who'd watch this after it airs would definitely have a different impression. Things only became interesting when Akane was doing a Perfect Copy of Ai. Guess I'll start reading the manga due to that cliffhanger and next week's episode reportedly being delayed.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
May 24, 2023 9:34 AM
Apr 2023
Amazing episode once again!
May 24, 2023 9:34 AM

Nov 2016
Holy, Akane did a 180. Her awakening is such an interesting twist. The skill to pull off AI had even Aqua shook.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 24, 2023 9:36 AM
Feb 2021
Gosh, it was so goooooooooood

Apr 2021
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Umm... is he still looking for Ai's murderer or the show completely turned into school/teen drama BS?
it's very natural to have some side plots
Feb 2023
Rimusimp said:
Confused_100 said:

It’s not the main focus. The fandom is the problem, they focus to hard on it. Also by definition harem is atleast 3 girls. But either way the love triangle was never a main plot point. It’s just another way of developing a plot for the second season

Like you said, it moves the “plot” of second season forward. So it is essential plus it is important as it actually plays a part in recent chapters as well if I am recalling correctly without spoiling anything. It’s kind of a harem because there’s literally zero other males…
May 24, 2023 9:37 AM
Jan 2018
Episodes 2-5 were centered around worldbuilding and new characters. If they skipped straight to Ep 5-6 content with 2-5 compressed into the 5th, we'd be having a discussion over not knowing the characters well enough to care.
May 2019
Confused_100 said:
bitz1209 said:
Lol this was so cool.

Not really but everyone has their tastes. Episodes 2-5 weren’t even close to “delivering”.

Btw I remember I saw your account before and you never posted before until this anime…

This is the show I am looking forward the most this season, and that is considering that there are a couple good shows I am also enjoying a lot (Tengoku, Jigokuraku, KNY). Compared to the prologue and the last two episodes 2-5 were weaker indeed, but still not bad. It has a banger op, good ending, good art, and every minute of footage is at least enjoyable. Lacking a better OST maybe but anyway this will be a 9 if not a 10 from me (I hope they don't ruin things). I actually dropped this manga back in the day so imagine the surprise when I got that first episode.

PS: Not sure about the posting you mention, just looked and my first post is 2020, although I changed the username like one year ago and don't post a lot anyway.
Feb 2023
mshfqtny said:
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Umm... is he still looking for Ai's murderer or the show completely turned into school/teen drama BS?

Nope. That’s just a problem with Akasaka’s writing. He doesn’t know how to move main plots forward.
May 24, 2023 9:39 AM
Sep 2018
Akane damn 😱😱🥵🥵 ending was so good i can’t
May 24, 2023 9:40 AM

May 2016
what a slam dunk to the rim ending holy shit.
May 24, 2023 9:42 AM
Jul 2017
I love how the music always fits the scenes and draws one into it.. Loved Akane's Ai transformation! Can't wait for next week ;; The end of the epsiodes always leaves one wanting to watch more
May 24, 2023 9:42 AM
May 2023
too good, getting better and better each episode
May 24, 2023 9:44 AM

Oct 2022
Damn, Akane really got the vibes of Ai those started eyes at that moment. Really a pro.
Even Aqua was shocked!
May 24, 2023 9:44 AM

Jan 2021
Aqua rescues Akane from a fatal death but gets in trouble with the police. Yuki slaps Akane because she was worried about her, which is understandable. Looks like Akane is getting a lot of heat but Aqua has a plan for that.

Aqua asks for people's help to put together a video that maybe reduces the storm for Akane. Looks like the video went viral instantly on Twitter and that the hate has cooled down a little bit. Aqua was literally on the edge of death after editing that video lol. Aqua describes which type of girl he likes and ofcourse its the type like Ai. Akane noting that down and doing full on research, almost creepy. Akane returns the next day to the shoot of the show but holy shit, I did not expect that transformation, that came as a surprise lmao. It was like she was a different person in an instant and those eyes as well.

May 24, 2023 9:45 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, Akane's acting at the end is bloody good!!

Dec 2015
YOOOOO Akane's acting is scary good!! I wouldn't be surprised if she was actually Ai who got reborn xD

But damn even her research on Ai was spot on, she figured out the part about Ai having sex at 15 and who knows, she maybe even found out about Aqua and Ruby being Ai's children?! :O I would love it if she ends up assisting Aqua with her insane detective skills in his quest for revenge!

Either way, the stars appearing in her eyes at the end completely sold me on her being a talented actor (and best girl imo)! Funny how this episode not only repaired Akane's reputation within the anime but also probably increased her reputation with us the irl viewers of the anime xD (or maybe it's just me)
Jul 2020
I got chills from watching Akane research and imitate Ai so perfectly. She described her as if she was writing a character for a book. Can't wait to see more.
Jul 2017
I rewatched that ending like 5 times
May 24, 2023 9:47 AM
Feb 2022
at the end of the episode even my goosebumps had goosebumps...wow wow wow 🔥
May 24, 2023 9:48 AM
Feb 2022
Soromon_ said:
I got chills at that ending scene🥶

you are not the only one 🔥
May 24, 2023 9:50 AM
Feb 2022
DemonWizard22 said:
The final 2 minutes of this episode gave me goosbumps

even your goosebumps got goosebumps
Jul 2021
MegamiRem said:
That final scene, Akane showing why she's the best.

It literally gave me chills when she started!
Aug 2022
The last scene though damn. Now, I understand why this anime is supernatural.
May 24, 2023 9:52 AM
Jul 2021
Epic Akane character development
May 24, 2023 9:53 AM

Apr 2021
Confused_100 said:
mshfqtny said:

Nope. That’s just a problem with Akasaka’s writing. He doesn’t know how to move main plots forward.
l agree with that. I know how he messed up kaguya-sama and kinda messing up oshi no ko too.

But I'm saying that it's not what happening in this case. This is an arc which is for introducing a new character. And for creating a character you have to give him/her a background. This is the background.

And also, looking for Ai's murderer is not the only aspect of this story. Another aspect (in my opinion the main aspect) is revealing the dark side of the entertainment industry. Which is portrayed in this arc. So there shouldn't be any problem at all here.
May 24, 2023 9:53 AM
Apr 2023
Ep 7 was really good. I love the way they helped Akane deal with her social media backlash but what stood out to me was the end that Akane started acting as Ai. Legit had goosebumps
May 24, 2023 9:54 AM

May 2020
its good to see that akane has recovered

May 24, 2023 9:54 AM

May 2015
Confused_100 said:
Rimusimp said:

That’s not a harem…

May 24, 2023 9:56 AM

Apr 2023
I get emotional easily so I cried a bit when Akane and her mom cried also when the others started making the video of Love Now from their POV. The voice actress of Akane did really well to portray Akane when she was analyzing Ai, she delivered the tenseness of that scene. She also did great making Akane sound kind of like Ai. Man, Akane's acting is really genius, that eye sparkles is not just because she's portraying Ai but that's genuinely because she's a genius in acting.

May 24, 2023 9:58 AM
Sep 2020
wtf was that! literal goosebumps
May 24, 2023 9:59 AM
Dec 2018
Yep. This episode is just as good as the manga. Nice.
May 24, 2023 10:01 AM

Mar 2021
Just an incredible episode. I realize that I suffer from pretty substantial recency bias, but this is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows; it just hits differently.

And that ending was just perfect. It seems both natural based on what we know of the characters so far, but also extremely surprising to the degree Akane pulled it off (as evident from Aqua's stunned expression). Goosebumps.
May 24, 2023 10:02 AM
May 2021
Im so happy Akane is back in business, the last seen gave me goose bumps and hype cant wait for the next episode.
May 24, 2023 10:04 AM

Mar 2016
Aqua playing to his utter strengths as a teen who's been able to live one life and then grow up as a chilld with the mind of an adult. He has the experience, skills and mindset to know where to place his bets, and it paid off big time in this episode.

Was wonderful to see the cast all working together for their personal bts video to counteract/stem the current torrent of sickminded viewers and keyboard warriors who knew nothing of the person they were actually telling to die. While it will always be an event that will be used when scraping the bottom of the barrel, Akane at least knows she has people she can actually lean on now.

Those final scenes though. While it was impressive as to the level of detailed research Akane was going through...it came off as orderline obsessive :S Although she could potentially be another lead tool for Aqua now. The amount of conclusions and theories she was drawing from her research could point to something Aqua may have missed previously.

No idea whether Aqua will be infatuated by Akane from here on or completely creeped out. They thought he was talking about the kind of girl he fancied and he had his guard down. It may have started like that, but since being reborn those feelings have always been the love of pure admiration for both the performance she put on and the work she did behind the scenes to put on said performance. Especially since Ai was his mother for this life, may make it even weirder to him.
But the instant transformation Akane put on. Not just the obvious star eyes...the shape of the smile, and the hand pose/postion were all perfect replications of Ai.
May 24, 2023 10:05 AM

Jul 2021
Akane was like some creepy stalker otaku figuring out Ai's every possible personality through images. But how did she get eyes like Ai? Wasn't that something only Ai and her kids have??
May 24, 2023 10:05 AM
Apr 2022
Confused_100 said:
mshfqtny said:

May I ask why you are so obsessed with ruining everyone’s fun with this show? You post on everything with some sort of comment dissing the show. Even on good episodes you would say, “well to bad this is the only time it’s good”. Like I get not liking a show, but bro you’re obsessed
May 24, 2023 10:06 AM
Jul 2012
A new star has been born!
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.