Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 15, 2023 8:18 AM

Dec 2020
If I could get an attractive billionare onee-san type wife who would love me unconditionally in exchange for never watching anime again, I'd consider it. But since that's never going to happen I won't stop watching anime until I lose the ability to see or until I die.

Feb 15, 2023 12:12 PM

Sep 2007
luv4yu said:
When I get bored of it… well there seems to be enough anime for me now but I’m sure there’ll also be one or two in the future that’ll hold my interest ·ᴗ·
Same here or I completely lose interest in it.
Feb 15, 2023 12:44 PM
Jan 2020
I don't really get how I would quit anime. Anime to me is the same as books, movies, youtube videos, streams,etc.; its just a medium of media. You really wouldn't ask someone if they would drop movies or reading books for example. I think especially with the medium growing and having different cultures making their own animes I think the future of anime will be quite diverse in quality works across different genres and target audiences. I would see myself getting more bored with tropes or stagnant takes on genres from japan and might watch less average anime or something but I don't expect to fully drop it as in never watch an animated work. 
Feb 15, 2023 12:55 PM
Dec 2021
Nothing bro, always somethin' to watch every season/ now and then...
Sometimes, it feels like every show is becoming a copycat of each other so u start watching older stuff. What the other guys said be4 aha
Feb 15, 2023 12:58 PM
Apr 2017
When it gets ruined by Western Identity Politics of forcing a Diverse cast down the throat of every story
Feb 15, 2023 4:09 PM

Nov 2020
This is retarded and I can't get behind this philistinic concept of quitting entertainment. This shit is in the same vein as saying "I'm quitting TV", "I'm quitting music", "I'm quitting movies".
One167 said:
When it gets ruined by Western Identity Politics of forcing a Diverse cast down the throat of every story
So never. Gotcha
Feb 15, 2023 4:15 PM

Oct 2017
Loss of too much free time since I prioritize my gaming over anime consumption
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Feb 15, 2023 4:19 PM
Sep 2022
To put it simply...when or if the anime studios all started following the representation trend and 'woke' storytelling of western productions.
Feb 15, 2023 4:35 PM
Jun 2019
I would only stop watching new anime if it's AI generated, but I would still watch any anime before that for the rest of my life.
Feb 15, 2023 4:37 PM

Jul 2021
ZechTearz said:
This is retarded and I can't get behind this philistinic concept of quitting entertainment. This shit is in the same vein as saying "I'm quitting TV", "I'm quitting music", "I'm quitting movies".
One167 said:
So never. Gotcha

I did quit TV. I haven't watched anything in TV for I don't even know how long. Only used some old TV as secondary monitors.
And like I can count on 1 hand how many western productions I have watched since I started watching anime on account of having ran out of everything worth watching. And I mean in casual counting, not even in binary.
Feb 15, 2023 4:43 PM
Feb 2022
If anime gets too americanized (politically correct), i will stay with old anime.
Feb 15, 2023 4:57 PM

Jun 2022
Nothing, it's just a medium that's like asking what will make you stop watching movies, or what will make you stop listening to music.
Feb 15, 2023 6:25 PM

Oct 2021
If a big change in the industry occurs which I dislike.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Feb 15, 2023 6:40 PM
Deez

Jul 2021
for me, getting a life

I exist in a perpetual state of nothing, with my attention torn between consumable media
Feb 15, 2023 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
Having something far much better to do like idk
Feb 15, 2023 8:52 PM

Mar 2021
I just get bored or tired of looking at it all the time.

I don't think I would stop looking if I had other things I wanted to do or hobbies. I also get sad when a character I like dies and I can't watch the rest of the series or watch other anime.

Feb 15, 2023 8:56 PM

Aug 2016
Someone paying me continuously to not watch
Feb 16, 2023 2:20 AM

Nov 2022
ManWild said:
If it starts to become "woke" like western nonsense.

Thankfully that will never happen though so I see myself continuing with anime until I somehow get bored

We can still rewatch the old anime if that happens.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Feb 16, 2023 2:30 AM

Apr 2021
if i just forget one day i think... or i get bored ig
Feb 16, 2023 2:42 AM
Aug 2013
Scavendgarr said:
I'm basically already stopped watching anime because most of it sucks. The last anime i watched being edgerunner-that supposed to be a aoty material-is sucks so bad i generously gave it 5/10.

I noticed you didn't watch Seirei no moribito, Wolfs rain, Michiko & Hatchin or even Monster...you've skipped some of the best anime of all time. You need to watch more anime because there's still masterpieces you haven't seen
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 16, 2023 2:43 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Death... I'll quit when I'm dead.. But if I become a ghost then there's nothing stopping me..

Feb 16, 2023 5:51 AM

Oct 2013
moliv said:
Scavendgarr said:
I'm basically already stopped watching anime because most of it sucks.
only seen 200 and has fmab in favorites

Elitist and fmab hater detected. Imagine being proud for watched many anime, couldn't be me.
Feb 16, 2023 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
AnimeDownUnder said:
Scavendgarr said:
I'm basically already stopped watching anime because most of it sucks. The last anime i watched being edgerunner-that supposed to be a aoty material-is sucks so bad i generously gave it 5/10.

I noticed you didn't watch Seirei no moribito, Wolfs rain, Michiko & Hatchin or even Monster...you've skipped some of the best anime of all time. You need to watch more anime because there's still masterpieces you haven't seen

Too bad i would never watch monster since i already read the manga. I'll try watch the other titles you mentioned as long as i remember to watch it. I believe it wouldn't be as bad as one piece.
Feb 16, 2023 7:15 AM

Oct 2021
If fan service is banned in the anime medium, then I quit.
Feb 16, 2023 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
The same thing that made me quit back in the day. When I will stop finding anime fun to watch. When will that be? I don't know.
Feb 16, 2023 12:00 PM

Jul 2019
Nothing to be honest. It is something I will jump in and out of forever.
Feb 16, 2023 12:09 PM
Apr 2022
If some another complete garbage that gets to be the "GOAT", I think it's time for me to quit cuz quality and brilliantness wouldn't have any meaning to me anymore.
Feb 16, 2023 12:50 PM

Apr 2021
The longer I watch in a , sadly.... I just hope that I continue to watch anime for few more years atleast

Feb 16, 2023 1:06 PM

Jun 2019
When I quit watching anime is the day I die.

Feb 16, 2023 1:25 PM

Aug 2012
If no major force is in action, like anime being banned, criminalized or simply distributed in a way that makes it just too hard to consume, I probably won't stop.
Like any other entertainment media I enjoy, there's no plan to quit anytime in the near future.

Could I become uninsterested? Watch less anime? Spending long periods without watching anything? Yeah.
But quitting for good? I just don't see it happening. 
Feb 16, 2023 2:17 PM

Nov 2020
JaniSIr said:
ZechTearz said:
So never. Gotcha

I did quit TV. I haven't watched anything in TV for I don't even know how long. Only used some old TV as secondary monitors.
And like I can count on 1 hand how many western productions I have watched since I started watching anime on account of having ran out of everything worth watching. And I mean in casual counting, not even in binary.
TV was substituting televised western productions rather than actually watching things on a television. Saying "I quit X" has different nuance to "I stopped X". The former is likening it to an occupation and the latter likening it to a hobby.

Scavendgarr said:
Elitist and fmab hater detected. Imagine being proud for watched many anime, couldn't be me.
He's right thoughie. You're not an appropriate authority on the entire medium with 100 titles watched. That's like Sturgeon's Law on crack. 
Feb 16, 2023 2:24 PM

Jul 2022
Honestly probably soon, don't have a lot of time on my hands and I've stopped caring outside of some airing manga and vinland saga season 2
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. - Psalm 121:1-2
Feb 16, 2023 2:36 PM

Jul 2021
ZechTearz said:
JaniSIr said:

TV was substituting televised western productions rather than actually watching things on a television. Saying "I quit X" has different nuance to "I stopped X". The former is likening it to an occupation and the latter likening it to a hobby.

Scavendgarr said:
He's right thoughie. You're not an appropriate authority on the entire medium with 100 titles watched. That's like Sturgeon's Law on crack. 

I have no idea where you got the idea that I ever implied watching TV professionally.
Like you can play games professionally, but watching TV?

Although, TV programme is so bad, they'd have to pay me to watch cable TV, and even then I'd probably not do it.
Feb 16, 2023 2:45 PM

Nov 2020
JaniSIr said:
I have no idea where you got the idea that I ever implied watching TV professionally.
Like you can play games professionally, but watching TV?
Wait really? I thought you were that guy that watched TV professionally this entire time.
Feb 16, 2023 2:46 PM

Jul 2015
Nothing. I always loved Japanimation since childhood and it never changed.
Feb 16, 2023 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
While learning Japanese because it will mess you up. I'll start watching Anime next year
Feb 16, 2023 2:48 PM
Jul 2016
When I officially become an adult.

Currently, I'm just a 20-something year-old teenage girl.
Feb 16, 2023 2:58 PM

Apr 2020
So....what is going to make me drop beeing entertained by Show's...?
Nothing.

Weird question.
Feb 16, 2023 3:30 PM

Jan 2015
Nothing, even in the state modern anime is now.
その目だれの目?
Feb 16, 2023 3:32 PM

Mar 2021
Me getting bored of it or running out of things I want to watch
Feb 16, 2023 7:15 PM

May 2018
When it becomes like USA media (90% woke).
From there it's only rewatches for the rest of my life. 
But anime is THE thing that keeps me alive... if I didn't believe in God's view of suicide, I'd do it...
Feb 16, 2023 7:28 PM

Apr 2021
if god tells me to stop....... or if they make another shitty berserk anime
Feb 16, 2023 9:21 PM

Oct 2013
ZechTearz said:
JaniSIr said:

Scavendgarr said:

People really like to gatekeep huh, no wonder people despise weebs.

I never want to be an authority of anime in the first place tho. Just because i didn't put every show I've watched, doesn't mean i only watch mere hundreds of anime. In other hand, just because you watched every anime in the world, doesn't mean your judgement is more valid. People forget that age doesn't directly proportional with IQ score, same with watch time doesn't correlate with my judgment about the medium. By your logic, i must get shot thousands time to actually can come to conclusion that gun can do damage to my body.

The thread maker asked a question, and i just give my answer. Too bad people think if they watch more anime than me they think their opinion is more valid. Certified weeb moments.
Feb 16, 2023 9:47 PM

May 2019
Simple, if I fall out of love with the medium for whatever reason. Although, that'd be very hard for me to do since anime has so much to offer in terms of variety.
yo
Feb 16, 2023 9:47 PM

Feb 2021
Nothing. I will simply watch classic old series.
Feb 17, 2023 1:53 AM

Apr 2018
Probably when I'll buy a gaming PC, I will not entirely quit it just watch some popular shounen.

Feb 17, 2023 2:58 AM
Aug 2013
Scavendgarr said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

Too bad i would never watch monster since i already read the manga. I'll try watch the other titles you mentioned as long as i remember to watch it. I believe it wouldn't be as bad as one piece.
The monster manga is good so probably no need to watch the anime then if you've read the manga...and no the other anime I mentioned are nothing like one piece they focus more on good story telling so having a good story makes an anime a lot easier to enjoy. And the pacing of those is also good I think.

I'm not sure if you have seen these either but give them a watch:
To your eternity
Mo dao zu shi
91 days
Gungrave (skip the first episode)
Bungou stray dogs (season 2 only, skip season 1 because season 1 sucks)
Banana fish
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 17, 2023 3:54 AM

Nov 2020
Scavendgarr said:
I never want to be an authority of anime in the first place tho.
Yes you did. 
Scavendgarr said:
just because you watched every anime in the world, doesn't mean your judgement is more valid.
Yes it does.
>buzzword buzzword buzzword

Scavendgarr said:
By your logic, i must get shot thousands time to actually can come to conclusion that gun can do damage to my body.
By your logic, you must only watch 1 anime to come to the conclusion that all anime is bad.
Scavendgarr said:
Too bad people think if they watch more anime than me they think their opinion is more valid. Certified weeb moments.

I'm sorry, Scavendgarr,  But you have to look it in the eyes. That I'm right. It's a fact. An ugly stinking gargantuan fact. And we have to own up to it.
Feb 17, 2023 4:13 AM

Dec 2013
Money, lots and lots of money. I'd say enough, to enable me to live out my life without worrying about taxes and bills.
Feb 17, 2023 5:22 AM

Oct 2013
AnimeDownUnder said:
Scavendgarr said:

The monster manga is good so probably no need to watch the anime then if you've read the manga...and no the other anime I mentioned are nothing like one piece they focus more on good story telling so having a good story makes an anime a lot easier to enjoy. And the pacing of those is also good I think.

I'm not sure if you have seen these either but give them a watch:
To your eternity
Mo dao zu shi
91 days
Gungrave (skip the first episode)
Bungou stray dogs (season 2 only, skip season 1 because season 1 sucks)
Banana fish

Thanks for the recommendation! I always wanna watch 91 because the ed is interesting. I've watched BSD s1 but it is indeed really bad, that's why i hesitate to watch the 2nd season. About banana fish, the review that I get from my sister is not convincing enough to make me watch it. I'll keep the other title in mind!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime tropes - yay or nay

JoeChip - Yesterday

17 by Akuya »»
50 seconds ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character?

Shizuna - 4 hours ago

27 by PeripheralVision »»
9 minutes ago

» How stylish is your favouite character?

SgtBateMan - Jun 9

16 by Jyushimatsuno »»
16 minutes ago

» What anime or anime episodes give you a nostalgic autumn feeling?

heyaheya - 2 hours ago

8 by Jyushimatsuno »»
18 minutes ago

» I can't believe an anime did this....

LenRea - Yesterday

22 by Zarutaku »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.