Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 9, 2023 3:19 AM
May 2022
hate is a strong word, you can have your issues but I don't think there's nothing to HATE for the show.
Feb 9, 2023 3:22 AM

Dec 2022
I hated it because of the toxic fans or fake fans spreading negativity about this anime/manga in general, that's all abt the most hated thing i think about this adaptation.

Feb 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Dec 2022
But then again it all goes down to how popular certain animes are, the more popular that anime gets the more it can attract toxicity like any other popular series like AOT, JJK, KNY, etc. which is sad ofc.

Feb 9, 2023 3:27 AM
Jul 2021
thunderkitten13 said:
Ari_Beary said:
Why has it become a trend to hate on the animation? Animators are already overworked and underpaid as it is, they don’t need you to add to their stress by putting down their hard work.

Nobody is criticizing the animators. It’s all against Mappa for being greedy and biting off more than they can chew, and dumping it on the animators.

Ah, I see. Greed is almost always the cause of so many issues in this world. Maybe-just maybe-MAPPA will see this backlash and try stepping away from the greed. Although, I don’t really think that that’s gonna happen.
Feb 9, 2023 3:49 AM
Jan 2021
Line work and It being a bit too colourful..Those are the things that I hated personally more than CGI...
Feb 9, 2023 3:53 AM

Apr 2022
AnIFoRLiFe said:
Line work and It being a bit too colourful..Those are the things that I hated personally more than CGI...
everyone else saying it was gloomy and dull, meanwhile this dudes going in the opposite direction and saying it was too colorful.
Feb 9, 2023 4:16 AM
Nov 2020
definitely the most thing ive seen in a while
Feb 9, 2023 4:16 AM

Apr 2019
I have more things happening in my life to hate on a Japanese cartoon. I might troll on the forums sometimes but I genuinely don't hate any anime. I understand that their are things in various media that I don't like and their is nothing wrong with that.

I hate nothing about this adaptation. It might have reduced the comedy of the manga but overall it's still a very faithful and well made adaptation and that's all that matters.
Feb 9, 2023 4:31 AM
Apr 2022
I hated the bots that’s spammed threads like this. Easily the worst part
Feb 9, 2023 4:47 AM
Jul 2020
It was all good. Nothing to complain about.
Feb 9, 2023 4:48 AM

Dec 2019
I don't actually know why people create these posts. Chainsawman was not my favorite anime of Fall 2022, but it was certainly good overall. This first arc was not the most exciting one and the way they made the fight against katana last one episode did not make me very satisfied, but I wouldn't say I hated it. The show had excellent production in almost every episode, a big attention to details and some moments of tension too, which made Chainsawman a very good anime for me.
Feb 9, 2023 4:48 AM
Jul 2021
kyo_1 said:
attidzh said:
I wouldn't say I necessarily hate the anime but I definitely prefer the manga and have 2 main complaints with the anime. 1 some of the humour was lost in favour or a more serious, gloomy & grimey direction and mood for the manga. Secondly the worst part for me is that it's only 12 episodes. If it was 24 it would've fit the whole first part of the manga perfectly rather than ending it awkwardly half way. I think a lot more people would've liked csm if the anime covered the whole first part since all the best bits from it are in the second half.

You mean 24 eps is enough to cover the 100+ chapters in the first part? No it won’t. It needs closer to 36 eps. It adapted the intro arc which is completely fine. Next season is where csm actually gets good

Nah the first part was like 90 or so chapters which I think it probably would've (but still it would've been close) and yeah I fully agree that the best part of the manga is yet to come
Feb 9, 2023 5:09 AM
Aug 2021
"What is the most thing..."?

FFS put some effort into this.
Feb 9, 2023 5:18 AM
Jun 2022
There wasn’t a Maximum the Hormone OP. But that can always be corrected in season 2 so it ain’t that big a deal.
Feb 9, 2023 5:55 AM
Dec 2021
BLACKANGER said:
Other than the CGI of course because that's a very obvious choice

the only thing I didn't like is the serious tone and how they made everything seem realistic, I really like the absurdity and the humor of the manga. felt like a lot of jokes didn't land as well as they did in the manga. pretty small complaint though
Feb 9, 2023 5:56 AM
Dec 2021
also wish it was longer than 12 episodes
Feb 9, 2023 5:59 AM
Dec 2021
DarkLeafNinja said:
Not just the adaptation but CSM as a series is boring and does nothing for me, I skimmed through the manga and no i don't see the appeal of this series.

>skimmed the manga
checks out
Feb 9, 2023 6:01 AM
Dec 2021
as much as i didn't like the animation.I can't imagine what other style of chainsaw man will work.
Feb 9, 2023 6:42 AM

Aug 2020
BLACKANGER said:
Other than the CGI of course because that's a very obvious choice

I mean as a manga reader I would say there’s a decent amount of things to complain about tbh. The only ones who are saying that it’s good are anime only viewers and people who watched the anime first then skipped to the part where the anime left off. Anyway I felt like the fights dragged it took up most of time in an episode all I saw was a Cgi fest i became uninterested in the fights. Another thing is the directing, it was actually disappointing because there are many moments in the manga that we’re funnier in the anime. I kinda felt triggered bc in the manga katana man’s entrance was kinda bad ass and in the anime it wasn’t really hype. There’s also a shot that was in the manga and in the trailer and not in the ANIME. Wtf MAPPA, and yes moments after the entrance there was a shot that was in the manga and in the TRAILER BUT NOT IN THE ANIME???? WTF MAPPA anyway there’s a reason why no one wants to buy the blu rays and it’s bc it’s not worth it. But anyway imma keep my expectations low for hells Paradise and jjk 2nd season idc about aot tbh.
Feb 9, 2023 6:42 AM
Dec 2020
Potatobanana said:
The thing I hated most about this adaptation are the people nitpicking the smallest things and using that as a reason to hate on the adaptation.

Literally this. The whole anime had just one nanosecond of bad animation in episode 8 - the qay the ghost devil's arms move - yet people complain as if Chainsaw Man got the treatment of Lucifer & The Biscuit Hammer.
Feb 9, 2023 6:43 AM

Aug 2020
maninred213 said:
BabyJezuz said:

idk, that exact points made me love the adaptation. manga was like 7-8. That serious "western" style was smth i have never seen before in anime, long expositions, coffee routine made action parts more enjoyable. Speaking about color scheme idk, manga is black and white man.

Im pretty sure most people that have read the manga would think that the anime should look colorful especially looking at the volume covers like ,Chainsaw man isn't serious all the time so to have the anime be depressing at all times makes the vibe just weird, the manga can go from funny, exciting,horrifying to serious and sad, but the anime just feels sad all the time like i said the director is trying a little bit to hard to make this serious and depresing when it's isn't all the time. I understand you might like the drawn out scenes but that for me it just doesn't fit Chainsaw man especially a whole 3min long routine of Aki doing random thing or some character staring at a window, the fights aren't very good the only good one is the bat devil fight which the least important fight story wise.

Finally someone who’s not in denial finally understands
Feb 9, 2023 6:45 AM
Dec 2020
Tarikul said:
i didn't like the CGI I wanted JJK type animation but i didn't hate it tho

JJK literally has CGI in tons of scenes.
Feb 9, 2023 7:18 AM
Apr 2020
generally i loved it a lot, only point i think is worse really from manga to anime is a lot of the humour and comedic moments didnt hit the same
Feb 9, 2023 7:19 AM
Aug 2019
The fandom who complains about it for sure
Feb 9, 2023 7:43 AM
May 2021
Infernalization said:
Tarikul said:
i didn't like the CGI I wanted JJK type animation but i didn't hate it tho

JJK literally has CGI in tons of scenes.

exactly but it was literally unnoticeable unlike CSM
Feb 9, 2023 8:04 AM
Jul 2022
Number of episodes and how they spent money unnecessary on 12 Eds.
Feb 9, 2023 8:05 AM
Jul 2022
s0me0ne0nMAL said:
it was one of the best adaptations ever. if you wanna see a bad adaptation watch Lucifer and the biscuit hammer.

It wasn't the best adaptation. Look into my previous reply.
Feb 9, 2023 8:07 AM
Jul 2021
attidzh said:
kyo_1 said:

You mean 24 eps is enough to cover the 100+ chapters in the first part? No it won’t. It needs closer to 36 eps. It adapted the intro arc which is completely fine. Next season is where csm actually gets good

Nah the first part was like 90 or so chapters which I think it probably would've (but still it would've been close) and yeah I fully agree that the best part of the manga is yet to come

i think their best bet is to adapt the reze arc into a movie and then have a 2nd season. This season adapted to 36 so if it’s around 90 chapters then 2 seasons and a movie would be perfect and wouldn’t ruin pacing
Feb 9, 2023 8:08 AM
Apr 2022
DexterDrubo said:
s0me0ne0nMAL said:
it was one of the best adaptations ever. if you wanna see a bad adaptation watch Lucifer and the biscuit hammer.

It wasn't the best adaptation. Look into my previous reply.

art is subjective. i like the 12 eds and it was some of the most fun i have ever had watching anime so i will still say it was one of the best adaptations i have ever seen.
Feb 9, 2023 8:09 AM
Jul 2021
kyo_1 said:
attidzh said:

i think their best bet is to adapt the reze arc into a movie and then have a 2nd season. This season adapted to 36 so if it’s around 90 chapters then 2 seasons and a movie would be perfect and wouldn’t ruin pacing

Tbf that is actually a good shout the Reze arc is like perfect film length
Feb 9, 2023 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
Only being 12 episodes (not getting into more interesting part of anime) and a more realistic looking art style (I just feel like it doesn't fit csm very well). Also I feel like they could use better opening.
Apr 2020
Does “the fans’ reaction to it count?”
Jun 2021
I loved the adaptation. I think it was just hyped up too much so when I saw CGI I lost the hype
Feb 9, 2023 8:14 AM
Mar 2022
Knurby said:
No idea what everyone is complaining about, the adaption in general was more than fine. Couldn't have imagined a better adaption

hmm if the fight scenes were animated like aot i think it couldve been better. also they left denjis second devil kill out from the manga
Feb 9, 2023 8:15 AM
Mar 2022
s0me0ne0nMAL said:

was the source material good?
Feb 9, 2023 8:17 AM
Apr 2022
PeeBeeBoi said:
s0me0ne0nMAL said:

the source material is amazing. but i will warn you. you have to be a certain level of down bad to appreciate chainsaw man.
Feb 9, 2023 8:18 AM
Mar 2022
s0me0ne0nMAL said:
PeeBeeBoi said:

the source material is amazing. but i will warn you. you have to be a certain level of down bad to appreciate chainsaw man.

sorry i meant lucifer and the buiscit hammer, im caught up on csm manga xd
Feb 9, 2023 8:36 AM
Jan 2021
only 12 episodes. got hyped to high heaven and nothing happened
Feb 9, 2023 8:44 AM
Feb 2021
The earlier eps where show was becoming more of harem ecchi anime
Feb 9, 2023 8:47 AM
Apr 2022
PeeBeeBoi said:
s0me0ne0nMAL said:

sorry i meant lucifer and the buiscit hammer, im caught up on csm manga xd

i haven't caught up to biscuit hammer but uptill i have read it's good
Feb 9, 2023 8:52 AM
Apr 2022
kyo_1 said:
attidzh said:

There’s zero chance it will get a movie. If people are refusing to buy the BDs that come with tickets to the Chainsaw Man special event that is maxed at 14,000, what makes you believe investors will fund even more more money than the first season that just flopped horribly? Keep in mind, movies are not only more expensive than traditional live action, but Mappa probably spent a ridiculous amount on Chainsaw Man from the CG to the exclusive EDs for each episode. There’s zero way any heads at Mappa will green light one, it’s almost like asking them to be the laughingstock of the industry at this point (which in Japan they probably are at the moment). The best chance for a continuation is either a season two or set of OVAs like Roberta’s Blood Trail from Black Lagoon.
Feb 9, 2023 8:55 AM
Jul 2021
thunderkitten13 said:
kyo_1 said:

There’s zero chance it will get a movie. If people are refusing to buy the BDs that come with tickets to the Chainsaw Man special event that is maxed at 14,000, what makes you believe investors will fund even more more money than the first season that just flopped horribly? Keep in mind, movies are not only more expensive than traditional live action, but Mappa probably spent a ridiculous amount on Chainsaw Man from the CG to the exclusive EDs for each episode. There’s zero way any heads at Mappa will green light one, it’s almost like asking them to be the laughingstock of the industry at this point (which in Japan they probably are at the moment). The best chance for a continuation is either a season two or set of OVAs like Roberta’s Blood Trail from Black Lagoon.

i’m talking about how a movie and 1 season would fit the manga’s length perfectly, i’m not saying they’re gunna do it. Either way mappa wants to finish this anime they don’t care about BDs and their sales. The budget will be less but it’ll be adapted
Feb 9, 2023 8:57 AM
Aug 2021
The CGI looked amazing 95% of the time and it was fine for the rest, the rest was just perfect

Steins;Gate and AoT good
Demon Slayer bad
Feb 9, 2023 8:59 AM
Apr 2022
Ari_Beary said:
thunderkitten13 said:

Nobody is criticizing the animators. It’s all against Mappa for being greedy and biting off more than they can chew, and dumping it on the animators.

Ah, I see. Greed is almost always the cause of so many issues in this world. Maybe-just maybe-MAPPA will see this backlash and try stepping away from the greed. Although, I don’t really think that that’s gonna happen.

That’s always been my criticism. They are working their animators like dogs because the workload is so much. They never have time off to relax, they are always pumping out anime like a sweatshop, it’s horrible.
Feb 9, 2023 9:02 AM
Jan 2021
as much as I love the ost I feel like it reuses them too much? Even ED 3 gets used to open two episodes. Less of a thing I hate and just a regular criticism though
Feb 9, 2023 9:51 AM
Oct 2013
Direction, useless many ED
Feb 9, 2023 9:55 AM
Feb 2022
literally nothing. haven't enjoyed an anime as much as this since AOT (my first anime)
Feb 9, 2023 10:09 AM

Dec 2016
That it's only 12 episodes, with no announcement of season 2 yet.
Feb 9, 2023 10:29 AM
Nov 2020
Absolutely nothing, it was very good.
Feb 9, 2023 11:00 AM
Jan 2021
nothing. only small complaint I had was that the humor didn't always land like it did in the manga
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

861 by Laszek_ditlax »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1145 by Laszek_ditlax »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2656 by Laszek_ditlax »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 7, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.