Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2022 8:29 PM
Sep 2022
If you don't like the ending, it's not the anime's problem, you just completely missed the whole point of the show.

From the very first episode, a conclusion has already been made, that's why ushio was able to give shinpei the eyes. It is an infinite loop which leads and ends to the last episode. If hiruko wasn't erased, that's the only time when the death of several characters would lose its weight as their primary purpose was to end hiruko.

Ushio had to go back and give shinpei the eyes as it is the end, and the beginning of the loop. If the eyes weren't given, the timeline would change differently and the events happened throughout the anime won't exist. Thus, there is no better way to end everything but to change the very existence of the cause.

That's why, things have changed in the final timeline thanks to the loop they have gone through. No deaths have been wasted if that's what you are confused about.
Sep 29, 2022 8:32 PM
Sep 2022
godavid10 said:
First of all, I absolutely hate the chapter counter, which now seems to rate it as it increases, and I inadvertently gave it a 3 when I was going to give it a 5.

Second, one of the best animes out there has ended.

I have only found 2 errors (or at least create controversy):

If Haine and Shide didn't kill Shinpei's parents, why did he end up in Ushio's family? If Shinpei didn't know Hizuru, how did he meet his brother Ryunosuke to make it look like he knew him at the bar?

The first doubt can be resolved in the sense that if it wasn't Haine or Shide, they died at that moment of something else (drowning in the sea?), but they don't make it clear and it leads to a terrible plot hole. In any case, as I said, there may be a way out, it is not something that you look at how you look at it, there is no way out.

The second question may be because Ryunosuke stayed on the island and met Shinpei before going to Tokyo.

In short, every living being should see this work of art. I'm going to try to figure out how to repair this sentimental void.

Shinpei's parents are alive, he texted them and he's not with the kofune family anymore but are still in close contact with them.
Sep 29, 2022 8:34 PM
Sep 2022
Boobsftw said:
k0rvus said:
The show's quality definitely declined, but I'm never going to understand people like you who think that a show that's 10/10 in part can finish as a 1/10. If you think it was a 10/10 for even a quarter, you should at least be giving it a 2 or a 3 lmao. You need to factor in all parts of a series, not just its ending (although the ending does hold a bit more relative weight ofc).

Say I give the first ep a 10 and all other eps a 1, the overall score would be 1, do the math

Giving 1/10 for every episode is just funny. Well you have a bad tase.
Sep 29, 2022 8:41 PM

Jan 2020
Shinpei and Ushio on the beach, the first time, was a pretty nice scene.

All-in-all, it was a happy ending. My main gripe is that, basically, all the events of the entire series are forgotten and so all that character development is essentially wasted. Nothing that happened really mattered. So, it just felt like a little bit of an unsatisfying conclusion. Either way, I'll probably check out the manga at some point.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 29, 2022 8:53 PM
May 2017
its been a ride the last eps is not as good as the past episodes but its decent and i love it its sums up everything about this anime

9/10

Sep 29, 2022 8:54 PM
Sep 2022
commonxreaction said:
Shinpei and Ushio on the beach, the first time, was a pretty nice scene.

All-in-all, it was a happy ending. My main gripe is that, basically, all the events of the entire series are forgotten and so all that character development is essentially wasted. Nothing that happened really mattered. So, it just felt like a little bit of an unsatisfying conclusion. Either way, I'll probably check out the manga at some point.

Ushio and shinpei were able to remember what happened because they were the only ones who transcended into different timelines with hiruko's eye. But it make sense that the other ones cannot recollect anything because they don't have the ability, just like how they needed ushio to give them the information back then.
Sep 29, 2022 8:56 PM

Feb 2014
Sumtiren said:

Shinpei's parents are alive, he texted them and he's not with the kofune family anymore but are still in close contact with them.

Oh, can you tell me the exact time? I'm going through the chapter and I can't find that part.

EDIT: Nothing, I've already found it, my fault.
godavid10Sep 29, 2022 9:01 PM
Sep 29, 2022 8:56 PM
Jun 2015
I have never replied to someone on here before, so I'm replying to Sumtiren.
No I don't like the ending, but I did love the anime. I don't think I missed anything in the show.

Had the story only changed the events after shinpei landed at hitogashima, their would not be any inconsistencies in the plot. Unfortunately, the anime chose to place Shinpei within a new timeline. This not only changes every event for Shinpei, but every single character living or dead for the past few centuries. This is incredibly poor writing as it is less believable that Shinpei would be put back to the beginning of the loop as if nothing has changed with the only difference being the non-existence of the shadows and hiruko.

By the way, you are assuming the story has to do with a loop, when its shown that it has was not your typical loop or time-travel. Every time Shinpei died he did not go back to the same exact point in time as his last loop. Obviously, not infinite and would continue had the shadows let him or if he ran (but we will not know, I guess =) )

Inconsistency 1: Shinpei's parents are clearly alive in this timeline, this would invariably change Shinpeij's relationships (more or less) on the island, but definitely not be the same.
Inconsistency 2: Nagumo's never meets haine (shadow). If all the events in history are different, why would Nagumo even be on the boat? Why did it have to be that year that she go back to the island?
Inconsistency 3: Nagumo's brother never dies, Since Ryunosuke never dies, then what is the reason for choosing her brother's name as her author name (i'm not sure what the name is called).

Sep 29, 2022 8:58 PM

Apr 2008
I don't think this episode was particularly necessary and the conclusion of the action was messy in several places, but overall I had a great time with this series. Felt like a breath of fresh air, and the ending could have been much worse with how big a concept it was attempting.
Sep 29, 2022 8:58 PM
Sep 2015
It's hard to criticize the anime that is smarter than me, so I'll go with a more trivial thing like, I don't find Ryuunosuke's adult voice convincing that he's really a man, they should go with male voice actor from the start. If I remember correctly he was already 14 when he was killed so he's eligible for using male voice actor.
Sep 29, 2022 9:00 PM

Jan 2016
Boobsftw said:
k0rvus said:
The show's quality definitely declined, but I'm never going to understand people like you who think that a show that's 10/10 in part can finish as a 1/10. If you think it was a 10/10 for even a quarter, you should at least be giving it a 2 or a 3 lmao. You need to factor in all parts of a series, not just its ending (although the ending does hold a bit more relative weight ofc).

Say I give the first ep a 10 and all other eps a 1, the overall score would be 1, do the math
In that case, sure. I don't think Summertime Rendering is an example of that, though. And why are you watching a 25 ep series if every episode continues to be a 1 anyways?
Sep 29, 2022 9:06 PM

Jan 2018
k0rvus said:
Boobsftw said:

In that case, sure. I don't think Summertime Rendering is an example of that, though. And why are you watching a 25 ep series if every episode continues to be a 1 anyways?

I'm curious to see if it can get worse than 1/10
Sep 29, 2022 9:07 PM
Jun 2022
It's a extended version from manga
I really love the story
Sep 29, 2022 9:20 PM

Feb 2014
icefreezer7 said:

Inconsistency 1: Shinpei's parents are clearly alive in this timeline, this would invariably change Shinpeij's relationships (more or less) on the island, but definitely not be the same.
Inconsistency 2: Nagumo's never meets haine (shadow). If all the events in history are different, why would Nagumo even be on the boat? Why did it have to be that year that she go back to the island?

You didn't quote him. Anyway I'll give you my opinion.

1. This is a plot hole. Little things make big changes, and something as big as living or not living with Ushio and her sister makes a big difference. Anyway, with a pinch of salt, but I could accept that in the end, even though there have been past events that differ and it's not the same kind of feeling, in the end they love each other.

2. I understand that when she was writing at the festival, she was in a crisis of inspiration and went there to recover it.

3. I don't remember right now if the author's name was complete, with surnames, but it could be explained that she has used her brother's name for another reason, either because he is a man and could be more popular, or because she loves her brother or because due to temporary changes, she has a deja vu at the time of choosing the name. I don't know if that name is common in Japan.
Sep 29, 2022 9:33 PM
Aug 2021
The fact that this was a rollercoaster journey with all the tragic, emotional and fighting scenes for my time spent watching "Summertime Render", its has been fun. Got to see an amazing anime unfold into something I've never experienced, tho it is somehow still underrated, it had moments I thought character wouldn't come back like the badass Sensei "Nagumo Ryuunosuke". My first time watching an exciting anime like this. Thanks for lifting some of the boringness of all the new isekai animes I've watched so far.
Sep 29, 2022 9:43 PM
Aug 2018
Sooo good anime to watch
Sep 29, 2022 9:58 PM
Sep 2019
Some finale that, perfection
Sep 29, 2022 10:04 PM

Apr 2021
Everything's back to normal!!! This is just how things should be!! I'm glad that both Hizuru and Ushio are alive!!! The finale was awesome!!! I really liked the fireworks scene!!! The anime overall was great!!! I loved it!!! All the fight scenes, the logic behind everything, and all the other stuff too were pretty good!!!

9/10 for this anime!!!!!
Sep 29, 2022 10:05 PM

Sep 2013
Fine ending to a good anime. It's been a while since I watched a full adaptation of a manga, and this is the quintessential full adaptation.

8/10
Sep 29, 2022 10:12 PM

Jul 2012
Only thing that could have made it better is if ED1 played during the fireworks scene.
Sep 29, 2022 10:13 PM

May 2015
I'm very glad that I watched this series. It was amazing from start to finish and I love that happy ending that our characters deserved was reached.
Sep 29, 2022 10:22 PM
Dec 2020
A great conclusion to this series. I really liked them revisiting places that they went to in the first few loops.
Sep 29, 2022 10:24 PM
Feb 2021
love, its only love
Sep 29, 2022 10:27 PM
Sep 2022
icefreezer7 said:
I have never replied to someone on here before, so I'm replying to Sumtiren.
No I don't like the ending, but I did love the anime. I don't think I missed anything in the show.

Had the story only changed the events after shinpei landed at hitogashima, their would not be any inconsistencies in the plot. Unfortunately, the anime chose to place Shinpei within a new timeline. This not only changes every event for Shinpei, but every single character living or dead for the past few centuries. This is incredibly poor writing as it is less believable that Shinpei would be put back to the beginning of the loop as if nothing has changed with the only difference being the non-existence of the shadows and hiruko.

By the way, you are assuming the story has to do with a loop, when its shown that it has was not your typical loop or time-travel. Every time Shinpei died he did not go back to the same exact point in time as his last loop. Obviously, not infinite and would continue had the shadows let him or if he ran (but we will not know, I guess =) )

Inconsistency 3: Nagumo's brother never dies, Since Ryunosuke never dies, then what is the reason for choosing her brother's name as her author name (i'm not sure what the name is called).

It is believable that shinpei would be put back to the beginning of the loop since it was the time that ushio gave him the eye. Thus, that loop will be the starting point of the last timeline as it was where the eye began to disappear. And with that, the timeline is already completely different from 300 years ago. A parallel world where no shadows is created and that's where shinpei woke up.

#1: Shinpei's relationship with others is already different. His parents are alive and the reason why he's in the island is different too. He is not a fostered child of the kofunes anymore but a close family friend, just like how they were when his parents was still alive in the past timeline. They're not step brother and sisters anymore.

#2: Hizuru wanted an inspiration and was in a writer's slump. And given that ryuunosuke is alive, she still has a family to go back to in the island and celebrate the festival with.

#3: Hizuru doesn't want to reveal her real identity, thus she used her brother's name just like how some authors use pen names to hide their identity.
Sep 29, 2022 10:34 PM
Feb 2020
I'm completely satisfied, even if you think that this was a too good ending, after all this shit they've been through together they really deserve it. 9/10, great anime
Sep 29, 2022 10:38 PM
Apr 2022
i never thought a mystery anime would have such a good ending totally worth watching, I always kept impatiently waiting for the new episode to arrive and now its ended with me feeling happy
Sep 29, 2022 10:47 PM

Jan 2021
Sumtiren said:
Spicelit said:
I mean, the ending wasn’t bad but it kinda felt out of place. Everybody is alive, but why? Hizuru’s death completely lost its weight. It felt cheap, like the ending of Higurashi Sotsu, although not as bad. Welp, 6 or 7/10

Here you are again, and now I understand why you don't like it that much. You really didn't understand what happened. The purpose of Hizuru's death is to move forward and end hiruko. And they were able to fulfill her death's purpose so it didn't lose its weight. Everybody is alive as they were able to erase the existence of hiruko from the very beginning, thus, a butterfly effect happened and changes were seen in the present. No one died as shadows didn't exist anymore. It's completely logical.
“Here you are again” I could say the same. Still doesn’t subtract the fact that it felt cheap. I don’t care how much “logic” you throw at me, it’s not going to change my opinion.

Also, that’s not the only problem I have with this anime. The characters are bland, they’re not that entertaining to watch. Almost everybody except for Ushio, Shinpei and arguably Hizuru don’t have a personality.

It’s a decent anime don’t get me wrong, but you should just accept that you and I have a different view of this show.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Sep 29, 2022 11:07 PM
Sep 2022
Spicelit said:
Sumtiren said:

Here you are again, and now I understand why you don't like it that much. You really didn't understand what happened. The purpose of Hizuru's death is to move forward and end hiruko. And they were able to fulfill her death's purpose so it didn't lose its weight. Everybody is alive as they were able to erase the existence of hiruko from the very beginning, thus, a butterfly effect happened and changes were seen in the present. No one died as shadows didn't exist anymore. It's completely logical.
“Here you are again” I could say the same. Still doesn’t subtract the fact that it felt cheap. I don’t care how much “logic” you throw at me, it’s not going to change my opinion.

Also, that’s not the only problem I have with this anime. The characters are bland, they’re not that entertaining to watch. Almost everybody except for Ushio, Shinpei and arguably Hizuru don’t have a personality.

It’s a decent anime don’t get me wrong, but you should just accept that you and I have a different view of this show.

How would it be cheap if it was logical. But well, can't really change a person's ability to understand. And of course those three would have the focus since they're the main characters. They're personality would stand out more.

But what we are talking here is the final episode and how you think hizuru's death lose its weight which is not the case at all. I only tried to explain to you how the ending make sense. You don't really need to like the anime, but a constructive criticism would've been much better than saying that it was cheap which doesn't make sense at all.
Sep 29, 2022 11:09 PM
Oct 2018
it's just perfect from start to finsh ngl... W show
Sep 29, 2022 11:13 PM
May 2021
This is the sol life they deserve ❤❤, Best anime of 2022 for me, 10/10 🔥🔥🔥
Sep 29, 2022 11:23 PM
Dec 2021
It gave a proper ending. It was one hell of a ride
Sep 29, 2022 11:25 PM

Dec 2020
Last ep was pretty chill not a big fan of those type of eps but it was nice to see all characters happy. I enjoyed this anime so much, overall a 9/10. Gonna re-watch it soon.
Sep 29, 2022 11:29 PM

Jan 2021
Sumtiren said:
Spicelit said:

How would it be cheap if it was logical. But well, can't really change a person's ability to understand. And of course those three would have the focus since they're the main characters. They're personality would stand out more.

But what we are talking here is the final episode and how you think hizuru's death lose its weight which is not the case at all. I only tried to explain to you how the ending make sense. You don't really need to like the anime, but a constructive criticism would've been much better than saying that it was cheap which doesn't make sense at all.
Well I’m sorry I didn’t criticize enough for you. Hizuru’s death did lose its weight, I understand what you’re saying, it’s just not what I think. Calling it cheap totally makes sense, I shouldn’t have to explain why. Don’t expect “constructive” criticism everywhere you go, especially in a MAL forum. I’m done with this nonsense
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Sep 29, 2022 11:46 PM

Jan 2011
surprised we got a happy ending, i enjoyed this series more during its first half, goota say all this time i was expecting that the first scene from episode 1 to play some role but i dont think it was mentioned again

7/10
Sep 29, 2022 11:50 PM
Jun 2020
They didn't just defeat the shadow but completely erased the shadow from the past to reset the past 300 years. A fitting ending for the amazing anime that Summertime Render is.
They finally got past 24th of July and Shinpei's longest 3 days of suffering are over.

The Best Spring 22 Anime
9/10
Sep 29, 2022 11:51 PM

Feb 2021
Such a beautiful last episode. Finally got to see the peaceful ending, after the other 24 drama packed episodes. Really enjoyed the characters and story of Summertime Rendering!
Sep 29, 2022 11:53 PM
Mar 2022
The ending couldn't not have been any better it was perfect the anime, the ending ,the reunion i am its hard to digest thats this show is over one of the best anime i have watched this year.
Sep 29, 2022 11:53 PM
Mar 2022
The ending couldn't not have been any better it was perfect the anime, the ending ,the reunion. its hard to digest thats this show is over. one of the best anime i have watched this year.
Sep 30, 2022 12:24 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Shinpei is back and everything feels...familiar.
Seems he can't remember anything from the previous loops but fragments of things such as Mio falling into the water.
It was great to see Ushio alive and not in a dangerous situation xD. But she was angry with how Shinpei left her lol. They made up in the end.
Ryuunosuke is Haine's father?!
And Nagumo is writing a book inspired by Shinpei's memories-Summer Time Rendering.
Sou confesses to Mio though we don't know the answer xD.
'Im home.'

What a great show and a great experience. I'm so happy I decided to watch it. Though I kind of wish everyone had their memories.
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 30, 2022 12:31 AM

Nov 2019
Great first half 1-12 went downhill in the second half 13-24 and what a pointless fanservice of a last episode, cheap ending cheap drama, Deus Ex Machina, these makes all the deaths cheap and pointless

3/10
Haunt88Sep 30, 2022 12:38 AM
Sep 30, 2022 12:31 AM
Mar 2018
Admittedly, I wasn't a huge fan of episode 24, so I said to myself last week, "if the final episode doesn't stick, then my rating might drop from 9 to 8". I'm glad that I don't have to change said rating. Really.

Thanks to the many, many brutal deaths in the parallel rendered worlds, whether previously permanent or not, we've arrived at the good ending.

Masahito doesn't exist (but the priests' surname is still Karikiri - I wonder why).

Shinpei's parents are alive!

G-cup sensei is writing new novels, and she became an aunt because Ryuunosuke is alive, has a family and named his daughter Haine! I was initially under the impression that he married Asako since they walked into Kofune's together (that, and I feel they had that kind of energy when I saw them in the episode with Hizuru's flashbacks), but the fact that Koba Mart is still named Koba Mart (presumably after Kobayakawa) and their interaction in the manga chapter suggest otherwise, unfortunately.

BUT! Most importantly, the real, human Ushio is alive, and she and Shinpei finally got to see each other again. Nothing short of a beautiful fairytale ending, I'd say, and one that I'm more than happy to accept.

Oh, minus Sou and Toki-chan's mum most likely being dead. RIP.

I still can't believe it's been 25 weeks since this anime started airing. I'd ask myself "is it Friday yet?" at least half a dozen times each week, and I'd always be disappointed to tell myself "no". I've looked forward to every single episode. Easily one of my favourites this year and of all time. Chainsaw Man's going to need to pull off some real magic to live up to its hype if it wants to beat Summertime Render for AOTY from me. Almost everything was perfect. The animation when it mattered. Both OPs (though I liked the second one more) and both EDs (again, unpopular opinion, while both are amazing songs, I prefer the second one) were bangers. Thank you for the experience, Tanaka Yasuki and OLM!
Sep 30, 2022 12:39 AM
Dec 2020
amagirinomikoto said:
good episode & satisfying close to the show, but i was expecting there to be more (more of what exactly, i don't know). felt like a typical fairy tale ending where everyone lives happily ever after. not that i have a problem with the ending, i like a happy ending. it just fellllt like something was missing?

kinda crazy to see karikiri as an old man. especially nice to see ryuu grown up and with his own family :)

this series would make a good visual novel, i'd love to see multiple endings as well
A visual novel is in development for the Switch (can't remember if I got the console right...).
Sep 30, 2022 12:41 AM
Dec 2020
NTgamer007 said:
Since shadows never existed, wouldn’t Shinpei’s parents still be alive now, or am I missing something?
He can be seen communicating with them on his phone for a moment.
Sep 30, 2022 12:56 AM
Apr 2021
Holy crap what a beautiful journey this was🥹🥹🥹 OLM did a stunning job with the animation in this episode. Since the existence of the whale was erased there are no more shadows who occupy the island anymore which leads to Karikiri not duplicating his lives when he starts to get old. and I’m happy that everyone is alive and well instead of being practically all dead but it’s sad knowing that Shinpei can’t be in the timeline with shadow Ushio ;(((( it sucks so much ig but that’s what’s gotta happen for every to live a normal life now. Loved the journey and cherished every episode from these past 25 weeks like damn I’ll miss this show so much🥹🥹🙌🏽🔥
Treyv0nSep 30, 2022 1:02 AM
Sep 30, 2022 12:58 AM
May 2021
God that both beach scenes with Shinpei and Ushio had me in tears.

Kind of sad they don’t remember the other timelines events but they fought for this timeline so it doesn’t matter in the end.

BY FAR this has been one of the greatest 25 weeks of anime I’ve experienced. Truly gonna miss watching new episodes every Thursday night.

Great story. Great characters. Underrated soundtrack. And incredible suspense. Solid 9/10 anime.

So long Summertime Rendering 🫡🥲

LeoDragoSep 30, 2022 8:44 AM
Sep 30, 2022 12:59 AM

Apr 2015
Really beautiful ending, loved the series
Sep 30, 2022 1:08 AM
Oct 2018
6/10 not bad, not good
Sep 30, 2022 1:15 AM
Feb 2021
What a master piece
Sep 30, 2022 1:34 AM
Jan 2020
Legitely cried...

But man Shinpei sounds like an NPC here lmao
Sep 30, 2022 1:41 AM

Dec 2016
Confusing at times but worth it I guess
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
May 31, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

200 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

152 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 5:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.