Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 24, 2022 7:54 AM
Nov 2021
adeeb91 said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Stop saying I'm doing the same thing I'm not lol I'm not trolling or purposely going at any particular fan base to start arguments. I made a thread as a gag towards people who make threads simply to argue with others. If you have a problem with this thread idk what to tell you you shouldn't have a problem with it since I'm just making fun of something negative not being negative myself.
well didn’t you just start an argument lmao? well i don’t really have any problem with these threads, i just wonder how people can have so much time in their hands

"Have so much time on their hands" I have a job I don't have alot of time on my hands lol you don't have to have much time to casually scroll through mal every now and then and see the same troll post they're very frequent.
Jun 24, 2022 8:30 AM
Feb 2022
watching this thread is like a trainwreck but honestly it’s entertaining while it’s not locked (which it probably will be). m8 were you really so pissed by people questioning the show’s popularity on a discussion forum? it’s the perfect opportunity to talk about what makes you like the show so much!

the only reason those threads devolve into arguments is because the show’s fans act defensive for no reason instead of giving an actual answer. you’re like a teacher who embarrasses a kid in front of the whole class for asking a question. if you assume they’re attacking you or the show straight away that just makes you out to be very immature.
Jun 24, 2022 8:34 AM

Jan 2019
Another thread about the most overhyped fiction in the human history.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Jun 24, 2022 8:58 AM
Jan 2021
Do you see the irony in making this thread?
Jun 24, 2022 9:45 AM
Apr 2021
ringkichie said:
Bruh_epic said:
Some people are genuinely asking though. Like I personally don’t see the hype, but I want to hear peoples thoughts on why it’s so good. Like I’m not trying to hate or anything I’m just wondering.

i mean what type of answer do u guys expect tho? people hype it because they like it lol either way this thread is dumb
like I want to know what they like so much about it.
Jun 24, 2022 9:52 AM
Oct 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
Hate those threads with a burning passion lmao if you don't like this show or any show asking people "what's the hype about" is useless because it's your opinion and there's nothing anyone can do to change your mind. So you clearly made a thread like that to be toxic and argue with people. Those kinds of threads should be register as like an automatic ban.

but some people have genuine questions about this stuff. when I ask "what's the hype about?" I'm genuinely trying to see if I've missed something. also just because someone doesn't like a show you like it doesn't mean they're attacking you lmaoo
Jun 24, 2022 9:57 AM
Nov 2021
Zech55555 said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:
Hate those threads with a burning passion lmao if you don't like this show or any show asking people "what's the hype about" is useless because it's your opinion and there's nothing anyone can do to change your mind. So you clearly made a thread like that to be toxic and argue with people. Those kinds of threads should be register as like an automatic ban.

but some people have genuine questions about this stuff. when I ask "what's the hype about?" I'm genuinely trying to see if I've missed something. also just because someone doesn't like a show you like it doesn't mean they're attacking you lmaoo

You're missing the point. I've never seen a post like that where it's straight up trolling and someone trying to be toxic. It's always that question in the title followed up by a toxic post shitting on the show and when people respond they still argue with them back. There's no instance in you making a thread about that that's not toxic. Because if you genuinely wanted to know you'd look at positive reviews. You'll look at scores you look at episode discussions. There's literally zero reason to make a thread like that other than to troll the fan base. Also it's not "they don't like a show you like" people do it to shows I don't like and even then it's still annoying bc it's senseless trolling. I have no clue why people like re zero when I watched it. I didn't make a toxic thread about it I looked at reviews and saw why people liked it and was like cool. You literally don't have to make a whole thread about it.
Jun 24, 2022 9:58 AM
Nov 2021
Bruh_epic said:
ringkichie said:

i mean what type of answer do u guys expect tho? people hype it because they like it lol either way this thread is dumb
like I want to know what they like so much about it.

Then read a review about it making a thread about it does nothing but make toxic responses.
Jun 24, 2022 10:10 AM
Dec 2021
Feel you. It's definitely overrated af
Jun 24, 2022 1:35 PM
Feb 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
AnimeSrk said:
I agree, but it will help us know what others think about that show. Please don't be offended by my comment, and it's also my opinion.

like I don't understand why people like re zero and think it's a masterpiece. I'm not gunna make a thread about it though because there's nothing anyone can do to personally change my mind about that show.

Thats a very self-centered way of looking at things. The main goal of a discussion is not to change what u think about something, but to learn more about said something.

If u ask whats the hype around a certain show, most likely someone will give a good answer on why they like the show, that answer may resonate with other people into trying the show out or smth like that.

Of course if u dont like said show but u wanna know why so many people like it u can ask, just not in a scumbag way.
Jun 24, 2022 1:38 PM
Nov 2021
YonedaLemma said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

like I don't understand why people like re zero and think it's a masterpiece. I'm not gunna make a thread about it though because there's nothing anyone can do to personally change my mind about that show.

Thats a very self-centered way of looking at things. The main goal of a discussion is not to change what u think about something, but to learn more about said something.

If u ask whats the hype around a certain show, most likely someone will give a good answer on why they like the show, that answer may resonate with other people into trying the show out or smth like that.

Of course if u dont like said show but u wanna know why so many people like it u can ask, just not in a scumbag way.

You really think people don't do that so 99.9 percent of the time they can start arguments? It would be one thing if it was a genuine question but it never is lmao
Jun 24, 2022 1:52 PM

Jan 2021
Ok, but what's the hype about?
Jun 24, 2022 2:31 PM

Mar 2021
anyone thinking forcing people to like this show and treat it as a 10/10 masterpiece, peak fiction, high art needs to get off the internet. People are going to hate it just to spite you. The entire media is shilling this show so hard, as if your show isn't getting enough love as is. Obviously people who watched it are going to be questioning the hype.
Jun 24, 2022 2:57 PM
Jun 2022
Ionliosite2 said:
Ok, but what's the hype about?

it's about that it's a very good anime , very good to watch :-P
Jun 24, 2022 3:45 PM
Jan 2019
ScuzzyBear said:
its almost like you made this thread to cause an argument.

Yee same here dude. No beef really but what?😂
Jun 24, 2022 3:52 PM
Jan 2019
Reviews aren't enough. Honestly they put me off of certain Animes and manga. And then when I spontaneously decide to start those certain animes..... I'm like bruh why ?! This is so good. Brilliant even. So reviews are also just as misleading.

I genuinely appreciate threads on MAL I feel like Its more interactive and I like this community. Whatever dumb question or thought I have. I can bring it here and someone will respond in good time.

Opinions aside. It's so nice to be encouraged by other people online who also feel so strongly and are passionate. I love it. Okay going off toptic a bit.

This is straightforward and immediate. Reviews for example cannot always satisfy that one idea or thought or question that burns inside ya
Know what I mean?
Jun 24, 2022 3:53 PM
Jan 2019
TheUnkovvn said:
Yeah like when a lot of people like a show, they should not be allowed to talk about it because it's causing "tHe HyPE" which the show should absolutely not deserve it because it doesn't met the standard of other people

Yeah that sorta makes sense. I feel you. Hype ruins things.
Jun 24, 2022 7:05 PM
Nov 2021
icefirestone23 said:
anyone thinking forcing people to like this show and treat it as a 10/10 masterpiece, peak fiction, high art needs to get off the internet. People are going to hate it just to spite you. The entire media is shilling this show so hard, as if your show isn't getting enough love as is. Obviously people who watched it are going to be questioning the hype.

The show to me is a 8/10 never once have I said it's a masterpiece or that people need to like it and this post isn't about just this show it's about people who make threads like this in general about any show
Jun 24, 2022 7:31 PM
Feb 2017
Kaguya-sama demolishes this show
It's Aiko!!!!
Jun 24, 2022 9:36 PM

Aug 2020
Tried making a thread like this in love is war season 3 around the 4th episode but ended up getting canceled by MAL for some reason lmfao.
Jun 24, 2022 10:37 PM

May 2017
Guys i genuinely wanna know what's the hype all about? i mean, it''s good i just don't see the '''really good' about it. Is it maybe just that the show is rather hard to dislike in a way that now other show archives? idk just trying to make sense of it because i really don't get it
Jun 24, 2022 11:31 PM
Aug 2020
Well, yes and no.

If someone only says something like "Why is this show so popular? It's trash, it doesn't deserve the hype", then yes, I agree, these threads shouldn't be allowed.

But there are a lot of people who genuinely want to know what others like about given show. And if they actually explain why they didn't like it and then ask others about their thoughts, then that's completely fine in my opinion.
Jun 24, 2022 11:31 PM
Aug 2021
voltwaffle said:
Yor solos the DC Universe

Thank goodness😅
I thought I was the only one who thought this.
Why is no one else acknowledging this fact? 🤔
Life is like a tube of toothpaste
Jun 25, 2022 12:08 AM

Jan 2021
What’s the hype about?
Jun 25, 2022 2:35 AM
Nov 2021
lvlarcel said:
Well, yes and no.

If someone only says something like "Why is this show so popular? It's trash, it doesn't deserve the hype", then yes, I agree, these threads shouldn't be allowed.

But there are a lot of people who genuinely want to know what others like about given show. And if they actually explain why they didn't like it and then ask others about their thoughts, then that's completely fine in my opinion.

ya keep talking about these make believe genuine people who want to know when that's not reality 🤣 like where are these people? Everytime I see these threads it's by a troll.
Jun 25, 2022 3:20 AM
Jun 2021
i don’t know 🤷
Jun 25, 2022 5:47 AM
Jul 2021
So in the end. What was the hype about?
Jun 25, 2022 7:57 AM
Mar 2022
voltwaffle said:
Yor solos the DC Universe

😂 😂 this guy..
Jun 25, 2022 7:58 AM
Mar 2022
Kasutoro-Kun said:
AnimeSrk said:
I agree, but it will help us know what others think about that show. Please don't be offended by my comment, and it's also my opinion.

I feel like if someone genuinely wanted to know what people thought of a show they'd look up reviews on it. There's a discussion thread for every episode. You could look at the scores not only here but everywhere else. But asking everyone what's the hype and then degrade the show isn't the kind of thing someone does when they want to know what people think. it's something someone does when they want to troll online.

yeah I'd agree with this.. most times when someone posts what's the hype about they about to degrade the show
Jun 25, 2022 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
@MrMeanMusician is this sort of what we were talking about?
Jun 25, 2022 9:11 AM

Aug 2021
KP_SENSEI said:
This thread is objectively more useless than the toxic counterparts.
Your message is objectively more useless than this thread.
Jun 25, 2022 9:21 AM
Mar 2022
why is it that a group of people can appreciate a show and talk about it while the other half literally has no right to criticise the show??
Jun 25, 2022 9:43 AM

Apr 2014
Based. It's quite a legitimate unironic concern. "What's the hype about?" is very much in line using terms like overrated because someone doesn't understand why the show was popular among the majority in the first place. How is that hard to not find out? People can find the answer to "What's the hype about?" than typing it and waiting for someone else to answer for them. Watch the first episode and find out yourself the understanding on why the show is so well received.
Jun 25, 2022 11:18 AM

Nov 2020
aren't you doing the exact same thing? well u r LoL.

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jun 25, 2022 1:27 PM
Aug 2020
Kasutoro-Kun said:
lvlarcel said:
Well, yes and no.

ya keep talking about these make believe genuine people who want to know when that's not reality 🤣 like where are these people? Everytime I see these threads it's by a troll.
I know these people exist, because I'm one of them.
Jun 25, 2022 1:59 PM
Nov 2021
CandyRagi said:
aren't you doing the exact same thing? well u r LoL.

No (character limit)
Jun 25, 2022 2:00 PM
Nov 2021
Shikhxrghh said:
why is it that a group of people can appreciate a show and talk about it while the other half literally has no right to criticise the show??

Difference between criticism and trolling
Jun 25, 2022 2:15 PM
Mar 2022
Jesus loves you all
Jun 25, 2022 4:42 PM

Apr 2014
Hate threads that point out how much they hate those threads
Like, it's just an eternal circle
Your opinion isn't any more fact than theirs
Jun 25, 2022 5:47 PM
Dec 2021
There is a difference between: people who criticize the show respectfully to the author's intention and people who criticize for no reason, for being ignorant. So your topic generalizes and prevents honest people from criticizing the show.So people have the right to ask, "What's the hype?".
Jun 25, 2022 6:35 PM
Jan 2022
Agreed, this is why I don't read forums on MAL about my favorite anime. MAL'S forums are always so negative for no reason, it's like forums were made for critics or something lol
My main candies:

Jun 25, 2022 6:36 PM

Mar 2021
people these get down on their knees for anything shonen jump. Might as well start praising Boruto now. This sol and DuD being higher than bleach on scores just tell how bad modern tastes have become.
Jun 25, 2022 6:39 PM

Apr 2016
ShamisenIsCool said:
Guys i genuinely wanna know what's the hype all about? i mean, it''s good i just don't see the '''really good' about it. Is it maybe just that the show is rather hard to dislike in a way that now other show archives? idk just trying to make sense of it because i really don't get it

It's family friendly and it's easy to watch.
The bar is very low when it comes to anime fans, most apparently give a 9/10 to a show just for not being trash.
No wonder why most studios don't even try to push the quality since viewers expectations are so low.

Not an unpleasant show to watch. Average at best.
5/10
Radical_OrionJun 25, 2022 6:43 PM
Jun 25, 2022 8:00 PM

Sep 2018
If a show is widely loved and I don't feel the same way, I will most certainly create threads discussing this. Generally speaking, this is pretty rare though. Ousama Ranking S2 better get it's shit together or watch out.
Jun 25, 2022 11:47 PM

Feb 2021
Don't listen to them. I always say "Just like/watch the show you're into and don't necessarily hate/trash on others' tastes"

Jun 26, 2022 1:09 AM
Mar 2017
This whole thread is certified deranged MAL users in a nutshell
Jun 26, 2022 2:02 AM
Jul 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:

If they dislike the show and want to know what makes it good or “what the hype is about” it’s because they’re curious about why people like it and want to see other's viewpoints and possibly have a conversation about it they aren’t asking to have their opinion changed. Idk what you mean by toxic, they aren’t being negative in any way, and just because you can’t ignore a thread about “What’s the hype about?” doesn’t mean they should get an automatic ban; if that were the case then this thread should also get a ban because it can be seen as toxic towards people that make those thread.
Jun 26, 2022 5:05 AM
Nov 2021
GakutoDeathGlare said:
If a show is widely loved and I don't feel the same way, I will most certainly create threads discussing this. Generally speaking, this is pretty rare though. Ousama Ranking S2 better get it's shit together or watch out.

The second half of Ousama ranking was really bad. I truly didn't understand the scores but I never made threads about it bc those threads to me are just toxic. But I remember there used to be this one dude who always made a thread about Ousama ranking trashing it. And even though I agreed with almost everything he said I thought the constant hate post to create arguments was unnecessary. And that's what I don't like about what's the hype about threads. They just create senseless arguments instead of engaging conversations.
Jun 26, 2022 6:53 AM

Dec 2012
My man literally creating said threads that should be registered by automatic bans
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 26, 2022 7:24 AM
Apr 2022
show is all hype no bite. Terrible pacing. No action. Predictable plot. Overused gags. Reason it crashed so hard in polls
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

491 by colino09 »»
May 18, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.