Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Summertime Rendering
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 6, 2022 12:37 AM

Sep 2011
I think Mio is really jealous of Ushio and she killed Ushio.
May 6, 2022 12:54 AM
May 2021
PermanentThesis said:
I'm still on episode 1 but what's going on? 4 votes for 1 out of 5, is it getting bad or is it just mal users being mal users?

Lots of MAL users are piece of shit with shit tastes who rate 1 😂. Just Ignore them
May 6, 2022 12:55 AM
May 2021
Dam! What a plot twist man 🔥🔥🔥 Cliffhanger at every episode
May 6, 2022 1:35 AM
May 2020
Man they ain’t playing fair. The aliens can teleport and have super strength😭. But nah my guy shinpei was cool asf this ep, still thinking about saving mio while getting his arm broken in half. And leg
May 6, 2022 2:22 AM
Aug 2014
Where is everybody watching this? :)
May 6, 2022 2:28 AM
Nov 2010
Elfendidntlie said:

Disney plus for sure
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2022 2:33 AM
Aug 2014
michlayer said:
Elfendidntlie said:

Disney plus for sure

Ah I have Disney Plus but it isn’t on there anywhere :( I’m in the UK though so could that be why?
May 6, 2022 3:33 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah! That was a great episode. The concept of shadows are now pretty much clear to me. Initially I was not sure of it but seems like you dont have to get killed to become a shadow. They can just copy you. But....

*HERE IS A QUESTION. PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU KNOW*

The question is when did Shipei get copied by the shadow? Was it in the funeral when we saw the flash? Or was it when he was in Shiori's house?
Remember in ep 1 after the funeral when Shinpei was working in his family shop, there a customer said to Shinpei that Shinpei was asking him about a girl(the spy or whatever). But Shinpei said he doesn’t remember. So is it telling us it was his shadow? So does that mean he was copied during the funeral?

I'd appreciate if you answer. Thanks!
May 6, 2022 3:37 AM

Sep 2021
My guess is that Ushio that appeared here is some type of "good shadow" or maybe a shadow that's fully immersed into the character of Ushio and it actually believes itself to be her, This is fun it's been a while since i've watched a seasonal Anime with a mystery that gives you the freedom of coming with all sorts of wild theories to play around.

May 6, 2022 4:29 AM
Apr 2022
my theory of shinpei being half shadow was debunked in this ep, but the revelation by shadow shinpei that they know shinpei has been looping is so scary it's gonna be subaru k wording himself all over again. also there is NO WAY that she is real ushio but i have a theory that ushio's will power?? was strong enough to take over shadow's body n consciousness. lastly thanks to big oppai lady for saving the day
May 6, 2022 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
Another amazing direction episode, it's so good
May 6, 2022 4:41 AM

Jun 2015
I think it's safe to say that there could only be one shadow per person. That means this whole cluster of shadows cannot make another shadow of an already dead person. Why? Because Ushio is here. Apparently, very much alive. (Let's put the memory holes down for the time being)

Shadow Mio said something about a traitor. That could be the Ushio that we're seeing in this episode. So, is she the shadow of the dead Ushio? The possibility of a body swap where real Ushio was actually the one who killed her shadow is unlikely because Ushio doesn't make any contact with her family ever since her death.

Badass Onee-san is back again. How can no one hear the gunshot, though?
May 6, 2022 5:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yea booba lady make a comeback with the headshot all of a sudden....

So, Jamais Vu regarding to Ushio situation, which honestly i am thinking her as an Ushio shadow now, because if she's the real one, how come she can't remember anything? But why she act and how she get to be like that? Why she's being called a traitor? Let's hope for more episode to explain itself.

Shadow Mio also said about the plan that she's supposed to waking up Mother. I am guessing that's to be the time limit for Shinpei to act, before something worse happen to the whole island, or even to the whole world. How the process happen? Might be reveal on the next episode....

Shadow was just so strong. Kinda need more range weapon to eradicate, or even disable it, like what those woman did. The next question is, can they heal, when its not a one shot kill? I also feel like, they need to interrogate them, since i am feeling that Shinpei, or lets say that booba lady, need more information about their plan. Shadow Ushio might be able to help, whatever the way she do if what i said about interrogation is true....

Alright, i think that's all for now. Next episode might be to reveal about those Mother and their plan ahead, when Shinpei be forced to loop again since he fail doing his job to protect everyone. Though there's still a lot of questions hanging. But as i said above, that's it all for now.

Next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 6, 2022 5:30 AM

Mar 2019
I did not expect so many twists in one episode. Things couldnt be worse now that the shadows are aware of his time loop.
May 6, 2022 5:46 AM
Mar 2015
L-Lawliet7 said:
Yeah! That was a great episode. The concept of shadows are now pretty much clear to me. Initially I was not sure of it but seems like you dont have to get killed to become a shadow. They can just copy you. But....

The question is when did Shipei get copied by the shadow? Was it in the funeral when we saw the flash? Or was it when he was in Shiori's house?
Remember in ep 1 after the funeral when Shinpei was working in his family shop, there a customer said to Shinpei that Shinpei was asking him about a girl(the spy or whatever). But Shinpei said he doesn’t remember. So is it telling us it was his shadow? So does that mean he was copied during the funeral?

In the first Loop, he did get copied in the funeral, but then he died (by Mio Shadow on the shrine)
In the second Loop the same, but he died to Mio Shadow again in front of the house

In the third Loop (current loop), this got glossed over by the Anime but he started by asking Shiori in the funeral "Did you noticed anything weird?", he did not know Shiori was a Shadow then and she raised suspicion of him, hence she didn't copied him during the funeral. After that Shinpei went to Shiori house and got copied by Shiori on the Hallway, this is the first time he got copied in that loop
May 6, 2022 6:23 AM

Apr 2018
The best anime of this season.
It keeps my heart pounding from beginning to the very end.
And the music is just amazing, OP and ED are perfect.
May 6, 2022 6:27 AM
Jan 2021
Jesus, what an intense episode
May 6, 2022 6:47 AM

Jan 2021
Yuu_77 said:
L-Lawliet7 said:

In the first Loop, he did get copied in the funeral, but then he died (by Mio Shadow on the shrine)
In the second Loop the same, but he died to Mio Shadow again in front of the house

In the third Loop (current loop), this got glossed over by the Anime but he started by asking Shiori in the funeral "Did you noticed anything weird?", he did not know Shiori was a Shadow then and she raised suspicion of him, hence she didn't copied him during the funeral. After that Shinpei went to Shiori house and got copied by Shiori on the Hallway, this is the first time he got copied in that loop

Yeah! I see. I totally get it. Now it makes sense. Thanks a lot👍
May 6, 2022 6:51 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fucking Jesus, that went from 100 - 1000 real quick.

I've only met (Shadow) Ushio for a few minutes, but I love her already. I see, so from my understanding, this is indeed Shadow Ushio, but for some reason, she's not like the other shadows, there might be a bigger reason for that or it's just that Ushio's personality is really just that strong. Either way, I can't wait to find out though.

Here I was laughing and shit, and then fucking silly me got lulled into a false sense of security, cause Jesus Christ, I did not expect Shadow Shinpei to appear.

Also noticed after seeing Shinpei and Ushio closer together that Shinpei's right eye is the same color as Ushio's eye.

I did think last episode that their codewords would be useless, but it slipped my mind that they can only get the memories only up to the point where they copied them. Welp either way, it's still not very effective as we saw here lmao.

Aye let's fucking go, been looking forward to seeing more of that hot glasses lady. Can't wait for the next episode, gonna be interesting since the shadows know Shinpei can loop. He can loop back to the 22nd, to before they find out, but I think it's impossible for him to avoid getting copied, so welp.
May 6, 2022 7:48 AM

Jul 2016
I think that Ushio could be real Ushio, because when Shadow Shin twists her arm to bleed, she didn't glitch. Maybe the traitor, Shadow Mio, is referring to is Shadow Ushio, which is the one who drowned and died. I guess I'm coping too much, because that Ushio of this episode feels real as she's sincere to her friends and Shin. ┐(ಥ_ಥ)┌

Good grief, Oppai lady saved him, kinda worried how he'll escape if Shin gets locked away, as now the Shadows know his looping ability. So shadows are possible to be eliminated and they bleed as well, I guess they have chance to kill some. Damn, that felt really short episode. I'm tempting to read the manga.  (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ 
May 6, 2022 8:16 AM

May 2011
That glitch.. I thought my screen was acting weird again, but that was on the scene, lmao...

Things going so smoothly before the truth revealed, that Shinpei in the "Sou's confession scene" is the fake one..
Now i must aware when the scene is changing, cuz i doubt if Shinpei is the real one..

..and, that glasses onee-san.. she's hot.. ngl...
May 6, 2022 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
I'm super impressed with the pacing on this. The mystery element is surprisingly good here, so much is going on, left to watcher to interpret. With the Shadows learning what the user already knows, that's a sign of a good plotline, balancing out the both sides of the show.

I'm really liking that OP, I get a throwback Silent hill 2 OST feeling about.
May 6, 2022 8:57 AM

Jan 2022
Haha so much happened, the best episode for me so far I didn't even notice that the shinpei in the last few minutes is already a kage lol I've literally got goosebumps
May 6, 2022 8:59 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Wow. Everything seemed to be going well until it was revealed that wasn't the real Shinpei! I wonder who exactly that Ushio is...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 6, 2022 9:05 AM

Dec 2017
What, A seasonal that still managed to keep me interested after 4 episodes? This is very promising, I really enjoy it.
May 6, 2022 9:33 AM
Aug 2021
This anime is just being too interesting. There are Only a few anime that made me crave for more episodes, the way-the story is going is just perfect with mystery and sci-fi
May 6, 2022 9:48 AM

Dec 2020
uwah that whole part before the op was so uncomfortable. i didn't know wether be suspicious or happy, to believe not not believe. damn that was good

but damn this whole ep was trippy. that twist at the too great job author. im having so many feelings about fake ushio. what if its the actual, real ushio? this is probably judt copiun but man😭 a girl can dream right.

i wonder if big booba lady will just kill shinpei to reset the loop lol
May 6, 2022 10:28 AM
May 2017
What a great episode
May 6, 2022 10:30 AM
Nov 2020
Mapachecool999 said:
That last scene was really good and i actually like how the glitch effect is use to censor the anime i mean i would love that it wasnt censored but its in disney+ so atleast they use the glitch effect and not something like the tokyo revengers or shuumatsu no harem effect

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraMay 9, 2022 12:37 PM
May 6, 2022 10:46 AM
May 2021
So Ushio is alive, but how it's that posible? And then Shinpei was a shadow, so we can say that Ushio didn't die, I guess? And then, bang, the girl from the ferry appeared, how much does she know? A lot of mystery here, and I'm hyped maaaaan.

May 6, 2022 11:31 AM

Dec 2016
So many stuff happened in just 1 episode. Kinda felt rushed.

After watching this the existence of these shadows got really confusing. I'm guessing the shadows are born with a specific purpose and Ushio's shadow is probably defective since it appears to have no idea about the shadow thing.

For now it seems like the shadows are from the parallel world and they are trying to destroy the original world, it's like a world wants to take over another world.
May 6, 2022 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
Ushio's sudden appearance was obviously way too good to be true, but after a while of Shinpei so strongly insisting she was a Shadow I almost started to doubt that assumption.

That aside, I know this is a mystery and all, but not knowing why the Shadows are so eager to kill everyone is really becoming distracting now. It just feels like they're killing everyone for the fun of it and that doesn't make for an overly interesting group of antagonists. Ultimately, I feel like the show needs to establish their motive soon to get me to actually be invested in the stakes of the whole conflict, rather than slipping into apathy and feeling like things are happening just for the sake of things happening.

Perhaps the best way I can explain it is that, while other mysteries where the killer(s) are known from the start also play coy with the motive (e.g. Umineko), it still feels like there's a reason behind their actions from the start. With this show, however, I've felt nothing like that with all the killing the Shadows have been doing in each loop and that whole interaction between the two Shinpeis did nothing to change that (even though it was a really good opportunity to start fleshing that side of things out without giving anything away).

That said, I do find the overall concept of how the Shadows work to be really interesting, especially with the potential Ushio-Shadow generating all sorts of questions about what they can be besides generic psychopathic killers. Speaking of, how did Shadow Mio find out that Shinpei recorded her? As far as I can tell, he's only told the real Mio about that and Shadow Mio shouldn't have those memories according to the rules we've had established so far.
AtavisticMay 6, 2022 12:47 PM
May 6, 2022 1:09 PM

Feb 2022
Hmm Sagiri mask...

Look how they trick me into believe Shin was a real Shin with that love confession part and how Mio freaked out about Ushio to thinking she must be suspicious, until i am so death forget that the creepy killer Mio was outside somewhere. So yeah, its happened.

Then, i have a feeliny this will turns out to become a battle between good shadow and evil shadow where Ushio represent the god from this episode story into a good shadow leader from this episode tale, and what Shadow Mio said as 'Mother' as the evil one. Hope its not true

Then also i hope they explore more about the time loop theme because its looks shallow as of now...
This is bot. Risk for not getting a reply.
May 6, 2022 1:16 PM

May 2021
So Ushio was copied as well. I think around that time, Mio was probably copied as well.

These guys know about Shin's loops now; that's certainly dangerous. Or would be but badass Onee-san is here now to save the day.

With the mention of this mysterious 'mother', the mystery deepens.

I love how each episode ends with a cliffhanger.

May 6, 2022 1:47 PM
Jul 2020
So much happened in this episode, like WOW.

I dont even know where to start from, but I guess I'll talk about Ushio first. Imo, the Ushio we see here is indeed a Shadow, but she is on our side. And it's not because of the way she acts, Shinper was acting the usual way as well, he even had those comedic relief moments with the goofy faces and everything, but he turned out to be a Shadowl.

I've always thought that Shinpei could be a shadow without us knowing, but I disregarded that thought since 'Oh well, if he is a Shadow, that means the original shinper is dead and he went back in time, so the timeline is over, therefore there is no chance of shinper becoming a Shadow without us knowin!' Yeah, that wasn't true at all.

Back to Ushio though, my theory is that she is a Shadow, that somehow doesn't remember it's goal and also the way she died. Not only that but she doesn't know she is a Shadow at all. There is no other option, since we know for a fact that Ushio is dead, we saw her at her funeral (maybe there could be 2 Shadow copies of 1 person, but I doubt it). This would nicely line up with the 'traitor' that the Mio Shadow was talking about.

Basically, Ushio is a Shadow but she is not aware of it, something happened with her and the other Shadows and now she is an enemy to them. At least that's what it seems like.

but WOW, the Shadows now know of Shinpei's Return by death? Never thought that would happen, I'm guessing next episode Shinpei will try to suicide somehow?
May 6, 2022 2:21 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Now you don't know who's who, lots of killing and the lady appears at the end. This is the kinda stuff I'm looking for in a mystery show.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 6, 2022 2:45 PM
May 2020
ushio is such an enigmatic character. shinpei in a mad conundrum near the end there
May 6, 2022 8:08 PM
Aug 2021
Flaws are getting more and more in this show.
May 6, 2022 8:34 PM

Feb 2021
Each episode just keeps getting better and better. Ushio seems like a super likeable character and her accent is so cute. From what I understand that Ushio is a Shadow Ushio but she neglects her 'duty' and now just tries to live as Ushio. Or she might just be the real Ushio and the one that died was her Shadow. I don't even know anymore and that's what makes this so good.

5/5 episode; a solid candidate for the best anime of the season so far.

Sucks to be Sou, the girl he likes likes his friend and her sister likes the person her little sister likes.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 6, 2022 9:26 PM
Jan 2017
Damnnn!!!
its become more interesting and interesting,,
i dont even can guess what happen,, and thats good one,,
want to know what happen next,, but look like shinpei is cant using his skill more,,
May 6, 2022 10:32 PM

Jul 2019
Wow What an episode, so much intrigue, even love confessions!

So I think real and shadow Ushio were ment to die in the sea, but Shadow Ushio managed to survive somehow, and she isn't evil apparently. Wonder who is the Mother the Shadows were talking about, and what is their plan. And there is a traitor in the group?

Cool that Lady Glasses saved the day, it's time to know more of her! Nice chance for Shin to trigger the Reset.

Can't wait for next episode.
xMoninMay 6, 2022 10:47 PM
May 6, 2022 10:58 PM

Jan 2017
Goddamn we can't even be sure if Shinpei is truly the real Shinpei now, what a twist

Mother? I'm gonna assume the Shadows are aliens for the time being
May 7, 2022 1:08 AM
Dec 2020
Mapachecool999 said:
That last scene was really good and i actually like how the glitch effect is use to censor the anime i mean i would love that it wasnt censored but its in disney+ so atleast they use the glitch effect and not something like the tokyo revengers or shuumatsu no harem effect
The censoring is in the manga as well. In fact, the anime version is actually less censored compared to the manga.
May 7, 2022 2:10 AM

Jan 2020
It gets interesting by episode, damn.

A few things we get out of this episode:
1. These "shadows" plan on reviving their mother.
2. The shadow of Ushio was supposed to switch I think with Ushio, but now that she's dead, it can't happen. I still don't quite understand that especially because it seems that, unlike other shadows, she's not evil and has no ulterior motives, or so I think.
3. The same shadow created can be updated. Each time it "copies" the original, it takes its most recent memories.
4. Shadows can die? Not really sure.
5. Shinpei can loop through this while still having his memories from before he dies. He apparently always gets reincarnated on the 22nd. Condition? He has to die.

I like how information is slowly revealed to the viewer and just at the right time. Looking forward to more.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 7, 2022 3:08 AM

Jan 2021
Jakkun said:
I did not expect so many twists in one episode. Things couldnt be worse now that the shadows are aware of his time loop.

And we are just on episode 4/25...this is going fast and amazing!

May 7, 2022 9:46 AM

Mar 2018
Wow, I love how the characters in this show, both the "heroes" and "villains" so to speak, use their brains. It's so refreshing to see intelligence in a show about a murder mystery.

Seeing how Shadow Shin actually thought of keeping Shin alive to prevent the timeloop was just so smart.
May 7, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
HOLY SHIT THAT SHIT WAS CRAZY!???????????
I can't believe how far from the mark I was from my prediction on who the shadow was last episode.
This episode was so fucking great it surmised my expectations so many times!!
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

May 7, 2022 2:06 PM

Jan 2020
We did see Ushio last episode wearing something other than a swimsuit. I wonder what's going on here.
Enjoyed this more than last episode. I wonder what the shadows want.
May 7, 2022 4:28 PM

Aug 2019
So much happened and I loved all of it. The characters are so smart unlike most anime.
I’m gonna have to rewatch some scenes in this episode, 5/5
May 7, 2022 7:17 PM

Jan 2022
Was finding the episode kinda boring until the reveal, absolutely did not see it coming!!

The ED is sooo good!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

490 by mjjones0 »»
Oct 14, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

139 by Xeehad »»
Sep 12, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

89 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

107 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

154 by mrdarksider »»
Aug 19, 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.