Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3

New
Pages (22) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2022 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
Arameriera said:
Hi to all!
I wonder if someone here will be able to help me ... A few years ago I read a manga whose title I can't remember. I just remember the general concept of the story:
The manga belonged to the shoujo genre and was about a girl who entered a car repair class (if I remember correctly she probably wanted to take over the family business and was the only girl in this class).
A romantic comedy, it wasn't very long, something like 5-6 chapters. I think she had something with the wolf in the title, but I'm not 100% sure about it...
Anyway, if anyone knows anything, I'd be very grateful for your help!

i think you're looking for Ookamidomo no Shitsukekata
Apr 12, 2022 2:16 PM
Apr 2022
aemiliuz said:
Arameriera said:
Hi to all!
I wonder if someone here will be able to help me ... A few years ago I read a manga whose title I can't remember. I just remember the general concept of the story:
The manga belonged to the shoujo genre and was about a girl who entered a car repair class (if I remember correctly she probably wanted to take over the family business and was the only girl in this class).
A romantic comedy, it wasn't very long, something like 5-6 chapters. I think she had something with the wolf in the title, but I'm not 100% sure about it...
Anyway, if anyone knows anything, I'd be very grateful for your help!

i think you're looking for Ookamidomo no Shitsukekata

Yes, that was this! Thank you very very very much!!!
Apr 14, 2022 3:19 PM
Sep 2020
Hi. I've been looking for this manga that I read about maybe 10+ years ago.

So the manga is about kendo. I believe the manga mention some of great names like Miyamoto Musashi, Musashibo Benkei, Ushiwakamaru, but they are in the shape of ghost. The main character is a kid of a kendo master. One day, he got some kind of a device that looks like a kendo sword handle, he doesn't know what that device is, but one day when he got home from school, that device suddenly turns on and he sees Musashi's ghost and that device turns into a spirit sword. Long story short, he finds out that he isn't the only one who owns that spirit sword. He trains with it, and find out that he can fly if the spirit sword is turns on. Also he can throw spirit shuriken too.

Sadly that's all I remembered about it. I asked about this manga 2 years ago in this forum but there's only 1 response and he said maybe it was Kurogane but after I look for it, it's not. I hope this manga do exist, and there are someone who can identify it from my description. Thank you so much. Cheers.
Apr 14, 2022 5:10 PM

Mar 2021
adhityain said:

So the manga is about kendo. I believe the manga mention some of great names like Miyamoto Musashi, Musashibo Benkei, Ushiwakamaru, but they are in the shape of ghost. The main character is a kid of a kendo master. One day, he got some kind of a device that looks like a kendo sword handle, he doesn't know what that device is, but one day when he got home from school, that device suddenly turns on and he sees Musashi's ghost and that device turns into a spirit sword. Long story short, he finds out that he isn't the only one who owns that spirit sword. He trains with it, and find out that he can fly if the spirit sword is turns on. Also he can throw spirit shuriken too.

Sadly that's all I remembered about it. I asked about this manga 2 years ago in this forum but there's only 1 response and he said maybe it was Kurogane but after I look for it, it's not. I hope this manga do exist, and there are someone who can identify it from my description. Thank you so much. Cheers.

Maybe...
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1631/Yaiba

Apr 15, 2022 5:33 AM
Sep 2020
kihel said:
adhityain said:

Maybe...
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1631/Yaiba

Thank you for responding!

But I'm sorry, I don't think that's the right manga.
Apr 16, 2022 6:02 PM

Jun 2020
what is thjs from

https://imgur.com/a/dfTARqT
Apr 16, 2022 10:14 PM
Jan 2021
Hello, i'm looking for a manga that i started reading once but can't remember the title. I think it's about a boy un highschool, mc, that confess to a teacher he likes but turns out the teacher starts to bully mc, and i think there were other highschool girls that joined with the teacher to bully together mc. They treat mc very bad, not sure if they torture/humiliates him. That's all i can remember.
Thanks in advance.
Apr 17, 2022 8:47 AM

Aug 2018
Saori_Shun said:
What’s the name of this character?

Quoting myself because I desperately need to know the source of this character!

EDIT: Also, who are these girls cosplaying? All I know is that they were photographed at the the Hong Kong Comics Festival in Hong Kong, Tuesday, July 19, 2005.

Saori_ShunApr 19, 2022 11:35 AM
Apr 17, 2022 7:25 PM

Mar 2015

this is a called "My Brain is Different: Stories of ADHD and other Developmental Disorders" byt MONNZUSU
Apr 18, 2022 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
Hello, I'm looking for a specific manga. Here's what I remember
-main character is a young male bound to a wheel chair
-has an older sister working for the gov/military
-takes place in a sci-fi world
-the gov/military works to defend against very large aliens
- there is a two man system to fight against said aliens
- two man system works with one person being controlled by another person to fight aliens, person being controlled gives up all senses and transforms into a mecha, while the person controlling has full control of person being controlled
- if the person being controlled dies, then he dies and not much to do about it, while the person controlling snaps back into their own body
-in the first couple chapters of the manga, we witness this happening because the controlling person hesitated while observing a foreign object, both people in this two man system were male
- the older sister of the main character has gotten clearance from the military/gov to become a mecha for her brother to control.
- idk if this helps, but it was in black/white
Apr 19, 2022 6:31 AM

Jan 2020
Anybody knows where this is from? Pretty sure it's a hentai, but don't know what the name is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mudae/comments/t87hq9/got_to_get_those_waifu/
Apr 19, 2022 6:52 AM

Feb 2014
IrrelevantGuy said:
Anybody knows where this is from? Pretty sure it's a hentai, but don't know what the name is.

looks like: SE (System Engineer)

Machy

<--- Animelist
Mangalist --->
Apr 19, 2022 10:44 AM

Jan 2020
machy871 said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

looks like: SE (System Engineer)

So it is not a hentai? Kinda disappointed tbh. Thanks anyways!
Apr 19, 2022 1:36 PM

Jan 2021
TMTR_Mathias said:
(Sorry for my poor English, I'm French)
I'm trying to remember the name of a realistic romance/explicit ecchi manga, where the two protagonists date each other and share the same dream: becoming toy designers. They have both finally achieved their goal but are hired in two competitive companies, and I remember that a lot of drama happens because there are stories about industrial espionage, and other things like that, that endanger their couple.
It's not a big deal if I can't remember because the manga wasn't so good, but thanks for your help anyway.

pretty sure its this one
https://myanimelist.net/manga/13883/Koi_wo_Suru_no_ga_Shigoto_desu?q=Koi%20wo%20Suru%20no%20ga%20Shigoto%20desu.&cat=manga
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Apr 20, 2022 9:35 AM
Apr 21, 2022 3:49 PM
Oct 2015
Trying to refind a manga I was reading. I think it involved the main character having traveled back in time retaining his memories. At some point, there is a competition and the MC's party is progressing through some kind of labyrinth to complete it first they take a dangerous shortcut. Once they eventually connect with other parties competing more monsters attack due to outside influence and the others request the MC to lead due to his knowledge. Any help in finding this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Apr 22, 2022 12:13 AM
Apr 22, 2022 12:22 AM

Feb 2014

would be probably called ''goblin child'' or something like that
but it's original made by Giba-chan and that's all that's to it

Machy

<--- Animelist
Mangalist --->
Apr 22, 2022 12:27 AM

Dec 2014
machy871 said:

It is not actually a manga? but something like dojin one shot?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 22, 2022 12:42 AM

Feb 2014
aLotQuestion_ said:
machy871 said:

It is not actually a manga? but something like dojin one shot?

It looks like it's just sth that the author wanted to try to draw for now.
You can see people hoping for a new series from the author in the comments.

So yeah: one-shot. (for now)

Machy

<--- Animelist
Mangalist --->
Apr 23, 2022 12:14 AM

Jan 2017

Grand Blue
Char limit.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 23, 2022 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
When I first learned what anime and manga were, I raided my local public library. The search wasn't too fruitful and I was literally 8, so I took home the first thing that I could find, but I cannot remember what it was called.

The premise was a little insane and this was clearly not the first volume. The main cast was definitely mostly if not all-female and there was some fan-service. The story was hard to follow and majority of the manga was spent battling in what I think was a grave-yard. There were either zombies as a plot-point or somebody was actively raising the dead. There was blood and gore and most of the pages had an astonishing amount of black in them (I think every scene had a very dark/shadowy sky with the dark silhouette of a city in the background), in comparison to any regular manga I've read as of late. I think there were motifs of black feathers and everyone was constantly splattered with blood from butchering each other. I remember that one of the girls looked a bit like Erza from Fairy Tail, in hindsight -- long dark hair, side-sweep bangs, though I don't remember if she was an antagonist or not. The art-style may have been fairly similar, too, though not quite as One-Piece-esque as the earlier chapters of FT. I think there was also a character with a two ponytail hairstyle who, predictably, acted childish and crazy and I think she had a chainsaw. The cover definitely had lots of black and red, and aside from it being confusing as hell, given that it wasn't the first volume, it was definitely not something that an 8/9 year-old should've been reading.
If it's of any help, the year must've been around 2011 and I don't think this series is anywhere near mainstream because I have absolutely never encountered it since in any anime or manga discussion.
Apr 23, 2022 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
mrbakanstar said:
Yo, does anyone know about a manga where the MC is a dragon or a cat or a dog, dont really remember much, and he tries to help the FMC who saved him, who studies in an academy and I think she was a princess or something, but another woman begins brainwashing everyone and they bully the FMC to almost death.

It's probably not it but it sounds a bit like Zero no Tsukaima. Although the MC isn't an animal, there's a whole concept of familiars, so a lot of the other characters have dragons/cats/dogs, the FMC definitely kind of "saved" him, there is a brainwashing plot at one point, and the FMC is some kind of nobility, as well as all the bullying of the MC.
Apr 24, 2022 11:01 AM
Apr 2016
There's a manga in which MC goes to isekai then turns back to his world and then goes back to isekai and manga starts at his second time going to isekai (or at least most of the manga is about his second time on isekai). Does anyone know name of this manga ?
Apr 24, 2022 11:14 AM

Jan 2017
meko963 said:
There's a manga in which MC goes to isekai then turns back to his world and then goes back to isekai and manga starts at his second time going to isekai (or at least most of the manga is about his second time on isekai). Does anyone know name of this manga ?

Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome Desu ?
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 24, 2022 2:33 PM
Apr 2022
Hi, everyone! We're students and we need to make some research on ONLINE reading MANGA, MANHWA (WEBTOONS) OR MANHUA as a home assignment. And we're writing here to ask for your help.

Please, answer these short and simple questions in the form! Everything is completely anonymous. It's just 5 minutes of your time. But every answer will help us incredibly!

Link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeE-7tFM1GnnGbJJq1ms5meEJDpU65xuNNJtPnmorX5gTrH4Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

P.S. here is no earning money and no self-promotion, just a google-form
Apr 24, 2022 3:11 PM

Nov 2020
Hello, I'm looking for a specific manga. this manga has 5 mc
1. a girl who sells a cigarrete
2. a mute kid who can make a lyrics
3. a highschooler girl who got cancer
4. a broke man who has too many debt
5. and a singer

DrkSeid69Apr 24, 2022 3:50 PM
Apr 25, 2022 2:17 AM
Apr 2016
Alexioos95 said:
meko963 said:

Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome Desu ?
Yes that's the one and it was literally the title itself... Thanks
Apr 25, 2022 7:40 AM

May 2021
DrkSeid69 said:
5. and a singer

This one maybe? Not quite sure though.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/23525/Song_of_the_Cloud

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Apr 25, 2022 3:35 PM
Apr 2022
Anyone could help me knowing where this is from?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1887376
Apr 25, 2022 6:48 PM

Feb 2014
killanish0 said:
Anyone could help me knowing where this is from?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1887376

looks like:

Machy

<--- Animelist
Mangalist --->
Apr 26, 2022 12:42 AM

Aug 2018
Saori_Shun said:
Also, who are these girls cosplaying? All I know is that they were photographed at the the Hong Kong Comics Festival in Hong Kong, Tuesday, July 19, 2005.

Why won’t anyone tell me the names of the characters cosplayed? I desperately need to know the names of these characters and no-one has ever helped me…
Apr 26, 2022 7:41 PM

Nov 2012
I need help finding a manga where Bakugo has a cat and Kirishima, I think, has a dog?
Apr 27, 2022 8:16 PM
Jul 2020
I was looking for a manga about an angel girl(or cupid) who accidently threw down arrows made from her hair and caused a boy to have bad luck with women. She is kicked out of heaven and has to retrieve the black arrow and insert a golden arrow to fix his life.
Apr 27, 2022 10:26 PM
Apr 2022
Ok big ask cause no pictures but will and can give semi detailed explanation.
MC is a kid who eats a Ball that has a little statue inside that turns people into man eating ogres. The ball has its own little mind so MC conversations with it trying to suppress the urge to eat and stay human.
Antagonist is a hunter he uses crystal earrings that “BRIIIING”( very specific) when near these ogres. Hunter has younger sister with same earrings in MC’s class. They both use similar crystals weapons to cut out the ball/statue of the ogre.
MC’s first run in with Antagonist he figures out the earring trick and decides to try and steal the sisters earring so he can save himself.
I can’t find any photo that this manga even exists. Found it in n Borders in 2010/2011 during the bankruptcy when I was a kid. Got lost with time.

Transformation/Hunter type manga
Apr 28, 2022 10:50 PM
Jul 2020
Daburger88 said:
MC is a kid who eats a Ball that has a little statue inside that turns people into man eating ogres. The ball has its own little mind so MC conversations with it trying to suppress the urge to eat and stay human.
Antagonist is a hunter he uses crystal earrings that “BRIIIING”( very specific) when near these ogres. Hunter has younger sister with same earrings in MC’s class. They both use similar crystals weapons to cut out the ball/statue of the ogre.
MC’s first run in with Antagonist he figures out the earring trick and decides to try and steal the sisters earring so he can save himself.
I can’t find any photo that this manga even exists. Found it in n Borders in 2010/2011 during the bankruptcy when I was a kid. Got lost with time.

It is a series called Kurozakuro.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/1063/Kurozakuro
Apr 29, 2022 9:08 AM
Apr 2022
CosmicVoidling said:
Daburger88 said:

CosmicVoidling said:
Daburger88 said:

You are my hero sir I appreciate it a lot!!!!
Apr 29, 2022 10:22 PM
Jun 2017
looking for a manga

it launched in like 2016/2017 not sure if it got finished or got cancelled

it like had a crime theme and the mc was i think a police officer

he had vision/hallucinations of him getting shot or shooting others and in those scenes "bang" was said by him and there was also a ecchi theme going on (sex scenes,showing breasts, sucking on nipples)
damiJESUSApr 29, 2022 10:48 PM
Apr 30, 2022 3:29 AM

Jul 2017
damiJESUS said:
looking for a manga

it launched in like 2016/2017 not sure if it got finished or got cancelled

it like had a crime theme and the mc was i think a police officer

he had vision/hallucinations of him getting shot or shooting others and in those scenes "bang" was said by him and there was also a ecchi theme going on (sex scenes,showing breasts, sucking on nipples)

Pretty sure it's Jagaaaaaan. The manga is finished, but there are still 6 chapters left to translate, but the translation is active, so it shouldn't take too long.

Apr 30, 2022 1:55 PM

Oct 2019
looking for a manga

the main character is a noble girl that got betrayed by her best friend (and her fiancée i believe) because of misinformation because of that her grandfather disowned her and kicked her out of the house. she led a second-life as an Inn owner, so she just went to live and work full-time at her inn. she removed her noble-family's name from her full name and i believe change hair color so that no one will notice her
May 3, 2022 11:10 AM

Nov 2020
RaviDavi said:
DrkSeid69 said:
5. and a singer

This one maybe? Not quite sure though.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/23525/Song_of_the_Cloud
not this unfortunately, im pretty sure the title has a "life" or "live" word on it
May 4, 2022 9:27 AM
Jun 2021
Hi, need some help to identify this manga... have been scratching head to search for it.....
1) Its a Japanese Manga, similar to Marielle Clarac's Engagement
2) The Female Lead is being blamed to be bad luck as her ex husband was killed during wedding
3) A tyrant took interest in her and married her
4) Somehow between the manga there is an assassin that becomes close to them
5) The main part I can remember is that the FL was threaten to stab her husband but instead she stabbed herself when a poison knife and before doing that, she told the male lead to help to get back her house. In the end she didn't die due to getting used to the poison as she did actually eat the poison flower when she was younger due to being poor.

The manga is quite old btw. If you do find it thanks in advance!
yukarishizuMay 4, 2022 9:44 AM
May 8, 2022 5:37 PM
Sep 2017
Who dis? Pls help ty

May 8, 2022 9:33 PM

Feb 2014
Creativent said:
Who dis? Pls help ty

looks like: Lady Maria (Bloodborne)

Machy

<--- Animelist
Mangalist --->
May 10, 2022 9:37 AM
Dec 2012
Hi am looking for a manga I read long ago about a character who can't t use magic like everyone else except basic shields magic and his friend is a rare type that can use all 4 element of magic and he from another world. So the character train in a forest defeats a wild bear and a famous witch witness and want to learn more about him. Later in the story he joins a high end school for magic user an d beat the hell of the all competitor one of them was a girl disguise as a boy.
May 10, 2022 11:01 AM

May 2021
linkfa65 said:
Hi am looking for a manga I read long ago about a character who can't t use magic like everyone else except basic shields magic and his friend is a rare type that can use all 4 element of magic and he from another world. So the character train in a forest defeats a wild bear and a famous witch witness and want to learn more about him. Later in the story he joins a high end school for magic user an d beat the hell of the all competitor one of them was a girl disguise as a boy.

Is it Quanzhi Fashi/Versatile Mage?

https://myanimelist.net/manga/134230/Quanzhi_Fashi

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

May 10, 2022 5:08 PM

Jan 2008
Trying this again. I've been looking for this manga for years now and have never come across it again, I can't even remember the art style but I want to say it's generic.

Now, I believe the whole manga was a cooking themed one but I could be wrong, it could be the first chapter just heavily involved "cooking".

What I do remember is the following:
- The mainchracter (dude) moves into an apartment complex as he is not allowed to live at home anymore (not sure about why this is, I believe his parents live aboard or something, but there was no mention of them being dead or anything like that, I just knew he didn't live with them and couldn't live at home.
- I believe he was also a teenager but it could be he is a little older (uni student)
- This part I remember from the synopsis not from reading it, but the complex had a number of "weird characters" living there. I can't remember who, what or why.
- The MC did meet all of them, think a dude showed him around?
- One main point is that there is a shared kitchen and they share any workload ANNNND they tend to eat and cook together all the time (This is why I am sure it is a cooking themed one). I also think that they all cook different sorts of things, like each person has a theme?
- The MC has no idea how to cook, at all and is worried he won't fit in and stuff.
- The first chapter ended with the MC being showed how to cook on a barbecue and everyone eats together.

It's very much a wholesome comedic slice of life thing. I do remember the characters were quirky but it was more so personality and not in their looks. I believe there was an American living in the complex as well.

The last thing I do remember is that I 100% read it on MangaFox back in the day, this was back when they had their old layout This

Other than that I think it came out 2016 or earlier than that, not sure tho.
May 11, 2022 11:23 AM
Dec 2012
RaviDavi said:
linkfa65 said:

Is it Quanzhi Fashi/Versatile Mage?

https://myanimelist.net/manga/134230/Quanzhi_Fashi
no it's not a webtoon but thxs
Pages (22) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Worst manga you've ever read ( 1 2 )

Kumoiro_Shizuki - May 21

75 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
50 minutes ago

» Your top 10 unknown/not-well known manga

Kumoiro_Shizuki - May 16

33 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
2 hours ago

» Why so much ntr in manhwa?

TheRacist11 - May 12

6 by FruitPunchBaka »»
3 hours ago

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

165 by AnikaGSD »»
6 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

15 by DesuMaiden »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.