Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 3, 2021 6:32 PM

Oct 2021
xZabuzax said:
FMAB is just another overhyped garbage, we have plenty of it in MAL but FMAB takes the cake.

The biggest offender for me was that shitty forced comedy, FMAB just had a shitty timing with the comedy, when something serious happens it gets ruined with some shitty repetitive comedy and it happened a lot, I hate it and the comedy wasn't even good, it was cringie and bad, if an anime can't take itself seriously then I can't take it seriously either. FMAB was too childish for me, I liked FMA 2003 a lot more since it was dark, mature and did take itself seriously unlike FMAB.

I also disliked the OST in FMAB, it wasn't that good, it was repetitive and the OST was pretty bad in the sad moments as well. I need a good OST specially in the sad moments to connect/bond with an anime and FMAB failed miserably at it, the OST choices in the sad moments was awful. The main villain was also a joke, just another "cliche" of a main villain, boring.

I can go more in depth on why I disliked FMAB but it will be a long wall of text.

Did your family choke to death while watching FMA:B that you hate it very much?

Lmao imagine thinking that FMAB isn't dark. The OST was pretty good imo To be king, xing Symphony and Trisha's Lullaby is just fuckin awesome. You don't understand a thing about this anime dude .The main villain was supposed to be boring after losing his emotions and they did a great job in making him. The comedy can be pretty annoying at first but once you get into it, you will enjoy it. Yeah you will just be spitting nonsense in your wall of text nothing more.

You are so wrong that you had to hide your list and disable the comments.Yes,it is not for everyone but calling it an overhyped garbage just shows how pathetic your taste in anime is.
Don't hate me for spitting some facts :)
Oct 3, 2021 6:36 PM
Nov 2016
biteeasily said:
xZabuzax said:
FMAB is just another overhyped garbage, we have plenty of it in MAL but FMAB takes the cake.

The biggest offender for me was that shitty forced comedy, FMAB just had a shitty timing with the comedy, when something serious happens it gets ruined with some shitty repetitive comedy and it happened a lot, I hate it and the comedy wasn't even good, it was cringie and bad, if an anime can't take itself seriously then I can't take it seriously either. FMAB was too childish for me, I liked FMA 2003 a lot more since it was dark, mature and did take itself seriously unlike FMAB.

I also disliked the OST in FMAB, it wasn't that good, it was repetitive and the OST was pretty bad in the sad moments as well. I need a good OST specially in the sad moments to connect/bond with an anime and FMAB failed miserably at it, the OST choices in the sad moments was awful. The main villain was also a joke, just another "cliche" of a main villain, boring.

I can go more in depth on why I disliked FMAB but it will be a long wall of text.

Lmao imagine thinking that FMAB isn't dark. The OST was pretty good imo To be king, xing Symphony and Trisha's Lullaby is just fuckin awesome. You don't understand a thing about this anime dude .The main villain was supposed to be boring after losing his emotions and they did a great job in making him. The comedy can be pretty annoying at first but once you get into it, you will enjoy it. Yeah you will just be spitting nonsense in your wall of text nothing more.

You are so wrong that you had to hide your list and disable the comments.Yes,it is not for everyone but calling it an overhyped garbage just shows how pathetic your taste in anime is.

If you want me to take your dumb comment seriously then come at me with your main account, otherwise you ain't worth my time.
Oct 3, 2021 6:48 PM

Oct 2021
xZabuzax said:
biteeasily said:

If you want me to take your dumb comment seriously then come at me with your main account, otherwise you ain't worth my time.

The point here is you just hate FMA:B without any real reason not wether my account is old or new.You might be one of those kids moaning that their favourite anime got downvoted to oblivion.I don't really care if you take my comment seriously but someone had to point out your mistake.
Oct 3, 2021 7:02 PM
Nov 2016
biteeasily said:
The point here is you just hate FMA:B without any real reason not wether my account is old or new.You might be one of those kids moaning that their favourite anime got downvoted to oblivion.I don't really care if you take my comment seriously but someone had to point out your mistake.

If you ain't going to bring your main account then stop wasting my time with your dumb responses, this is going to be my last response to you because you ain't worth it.

You sound really butthurt about my comment, so butthurt that you even insulted my taste, this only happens when little kids (like you btw) are butthurt because someone else insulted their favorite anime so you being the butthurt little kid like you are created a new account to face me because you are afraid of getting embarrased with your main account and this is quite frankly, fucking pathetic.

Now knock yourself out with your last response and afterwards stop pestering me you imbecile.
Oct 3, 2021 7:59 PM

Oct 2021
xZabuzax said:
biteeasily said:

If you ain't going to bring your main account then stop wasting my time with your dumb responses, this is going to be my last response to you because you ain't worth it.

You sound really butthurt about my comment, so butthurt that you even insulted my taste, this only happens when little kids (like you btw) are butthurt because someone else insulted their favorite anime so you being the butthurt little kid like you are created a new account to face me because you are afraid of getting embarrased with your main account and this is quite frankly, fucking pathetic.

Now knock yourself out with your last response and afterwards stop pestering me you imbecile.

Imagine judging people on the basis of how old their account is. So if a new account tells the world is round and a 2010 account says it's flat , are you going to believe the latter?
I respect someone who's given FMA:B even an 8 but you literally starts your comment by saying 'FMAB is just another overhyped garbage, we have plenty of it in MAL but FMAB takes the cake' like it deserves below 6 ,which indicates that the rest of your comment should not be taken seriously.You don't have points to argue that FMA:B is trash so you're hooked on to the birthday of my account.
For the record, there is a high chance that my main account will be banned for the first comment, so i made a new one ,not that it really matters. A person like you who has been on this website for 5 years,who has hidden the list and disabled comments is just far worse.
Like i said earlier,I don't really care if you take my comment seriously. I was and am ready to point out your mistake if you legitimately hate it for some reason but it doesn't look like that's the case. This is also for the people reading this comment, who have not watched FMA:B yet to not get the wrong idea about the show from the false comments above.
Oct 3, 2021 8:48 PM
Jul 2021
The comedy is cringe-worhy. Overused jokes.
Oct 3, 2021 9:54 PM
Feb 2021
There are a lot of things that I disliked about FMBA. I didn't like the ending I thought it was too neatly wrapped up for the story. I thought more characters should've met their demise. Also I wasn't so fond of the Elric Brothers and their plight. That's all I'm going to say, I'm trying to keep it spoiler free.
Oct 3, 2021 9:56 PM
May 2021
midanisenpai said:
The fandom ofc no else
why not? I'm not trying to belittle your opinion but just why do you think it isn't.
Oct 3, 2021 9:58 PM
May 2021
Render_1 said:
it just feels pretty generic to me, and the plot isn't that good, I find it hard to say there's any issues with it, but it just didn't do anything for me, worth the watch but it's my baseline for an average show.
why do you think that?
Oct 3, 2021 10:04 PM

Feb 2021
I didn't dislike anything but I do wish they had adapted the early chapters which were skipped. I know they were adapted in the OG anime, but those episodes are a part of the OG anime not FMAB.
Oct 3, 2021 10:29 PM
Mar 2021
BigA666 said:
midanisenpai said:
The fandom ofc no else
why not? I'm not trying to belittle your opinion but just why do you think it isn't.
yeah they keep spamming 1 for score for other anime that should be rank 1 at now
Oct 4, 2021 1:32 AM

Aug 2020
BigA666 said:
Render_1 said:
it just feels pretty generic to me, and the plot isn't that good, I find it hard to say there's any issues with it, but it just didn't do anything for me, worth the watch but it's my baseline for an average show.
why do you think that?

like I said, it just doesn't do anything for me, I cannot point out a single thing that leads me to say its not good, it just doesn't feel good to me, I didn't think the story was that interesting, it wasn't bad, just nothing special, the characters where pretty average for the most part, the pacing was fine and it ends in a satisfying way, but I just never felt excited by it.
Call me Ren
Oct 4, 2021 5:15 AM
Feb 2021
The first 10 episodes or so
Oct 4, 2021 6:47 AM

Sep 2021
Render_1 said:
BigA666 said:
why do you think that?

like I said, it just doesn't do anything for me, I cannot point out a single thing that leads me to say its not good, it just doesn't feel good to me, I didn't think the story was that interesting, it wasn't bad, just nothing special, the characters where pretty average for the most part, the pacing was fine and it ends in a satisfying way, but I just never felt excited by it.

Maybe it's just not for you.
Oct 4, 2021 6:48 AM

Aug 2020
Althaf_ said:
Render_1 said:

Maybe it's just not for you.

pretty much, I do see why it's popular even if I do think it doesnt deserve number 1, Idk what else would be tho, so I have no real issues with it.
Call me Ren
Oct 4, 2021 7:09 AM
Jun 2021
Its good but not masterpiece.
Oct 4, 2021 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
I really enjoyed the show. But I think it's highly overrated. I don't know what particular aspects that non-shounen fans think stand out about it compared to other series.
removed-userOct 4, 2021 7:21 AM
Oct 4, 2021 9:35 AM

Nov 2020
DAFSOMT said:
I’m just curious as I loved every aspect of this anime but I’ve seen that some people don’t feel the same. I just want to know why people don’t like this anime cause to me it’s fricking great.

I do not like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood............... In fact, it's one of the most disappointing anime series I've ever seen...........The most overrated............

I just wanted to say FMAB is the most overrated anime on MAL....if dont agreee then I guess u dont know what overrated is.........
CandyRagiOct 4, 2021 9:38 AM

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Oct 4, 2021 9:39 AM

Jul 2015
The comedy is not exactly good, with the short jokes getting tiring fast in special, it's surprising because Silver Spoon from the same author is really funny.

Also, at least for me, the series took a good time (for standard anime length) to finally start getting interesting, I think like ep 12-14, it's been too long to remember. I actually had dropped the series in the past before getting to that point.

With that said, after it got good, it got REALLY good, loved it to bits despite my issues.
Oct 4, 2021 10:25 AM

Sep 2021
ArArAgl said:
DAFSOMT said:
I’m just curious as I loved every aspect of this anime but I’ve seen that some people don’t feel the same. I just want to know why people don’t like this anime cause to me it’s fricking great.

I do not like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood............... In fact, it's one of the most disappointing anime series I've ever seen...........The most overrated............

I just wanted to say FMAB is the most overrated anime on MAL....if dont agreee then I guess u dont know what overrated is.........

I know right? You're list is so good. FMAB deserves a 1 and SOA a 10.Wish I could reach a higher level of consciousness like you. You are overflowing with wisdom.
AlrivenOct 4, 2021 10:29 AM
Oct 4, 2021 10:36 AM

Mar 2020
As others said, it was pretty average. Nothing stood out. I was bored for most of the show. I found the characters bland, no one really likeable. I couldn't point out obvious flaws, besides the fact that the comedy was bad, but nothing exceptionally great either. It was just...fine. And the fandom is the worst.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Oct 4, 2021 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
its pretty good overall but the father is a weak villain barely remember him

Oct 4, 2021 11:43 AM

Dec 2020
The fandom. Legit, if you guys didn't exist, FMAB wouldn't be hated.

(same can go for the AOT fandom)

Oct 4, 2021 6:38 PM
Sep 2021
I don't like how underrated OP3, I think that song is a tune.
Oct 4, 2021 7:20 PM

Sep 2021
ArArAgl said:
Althaf_ said:

I know right? You're list is so good. FMAB deserves a 1 and SOA a 10.Wish I could reach a higher level of consciousness like you. You are overflowing with wisdom.

Bruh are u Blind or something or dont know how to read english? (no offense just curious) :(

every FMAB fan Kid that I have meet is like u........

"For non anime fans, this might be a "meh, whatever" kind of situation, and if you're one of them
and just dont want to admit that FMAB isnt a 10/10 not even a 7/10 and want to start useless debates by comparing it to other animes Pls dont read ahead"

will recommend using google translate if u dont know how to read it properly.....I often use it too :)

heres the link too my boy...

link- https://translate.google.co.in/

I said if u want to act like a kid and want to compare different animes with each other like a 10 yr old kid then pls dont read...........

Somebody asked that why some people dont like FMAB I was just replying to that....IDK how SAO came in this discussion but anyway............and now pls quote me If u want to counter my mini review by a valid point I dont have time for useless convo Like this......Dont act like a 10 yr old kid and start goin off topic and comparing other anime........If u have any problem with my ratings then something like comment section exists...........

Dude don't try to defend yourself by asking to not deviate from the topic.
To those reading this ,this dude gave Sword art online a 10 and Fullmetal Alchemist a 1.
That just made your entire review pointless to read. You are not even worth my time.
AlrivenOct 4, 2021 8:27 PM
Oct 4, 2021 9:28 PM

Jan 2018
Its score of course how dare it surpasses Steins Gate
Oct 4, 2021 9:33 PM

Feb 2021
DAFSOMT said:

just ignore the haters man..
some haters hate this series because their favorite Anime isn't No.1 in MAL
(And I totally agree with your standpoint that this Anime is "fricking great", no a "Masterpiece")
Oct 4, 2021 9:42 PM

Sep 2021
The comedy was pretty cringe and Father was a very forgettable villian. But a great series although.
Oct 4, 2021 10:27 PM

Aug 2020

why is this website nothing but FMAB posts
Oct 4, 2021 10:30 PM

Aug 2020
DAFSOMT said:

the tone of the show was always forcing these goofy gags and jokes into every scene to the point when someone asks me about FMAB the first thing that pops up is those scenes and not the serious dark moments

really the show felt like it never balanced being happy and goofy while also trying to bring the darker bits of the show in as well it felt just consistently goofy I'm sure they're were serious scenes with no comedy in the later episodes but god most of this show was saturated with forced comedy

-every Ed is short joke
-every time the flute song comes up

KuroGFXOct 4, 2021 10:36 PM
Oct 4, 2021 10:33 PM

Sep 2013
Lacks the character development of the original anime and loses a bit of the more serious tone. Comedy scenes are usually unnecessary and not very good, almost to the point they feel out of place with the weird chibi animations.
There's no need for all this tension.
Oct 5, 2021 12:18 AM

Jan 2020
the final fight was very cliche to me
rest it is good but nothing unique
definitely far from best anime ever like people says
[font="\"lucida grande\", tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"]                                                     [/font]
Oct 5, 2021 1:21 AM
Jun 2020
I didnt like the split between two versions.

Really messed me up watching OG then brotherhood. I still get the events mixed up. Ending was alittle convoluted. Still one of my favorite and arguably the best anime if you remove personal view and go by facts.
Oct 5, 2021 1:46 AM
Jul 2020
It's a pretty good show but if we're specifically talking about its flaws, here goes. There are way too many plot conveniences. The villains catch the heroes but let them go 'under supervision' for no good reason. The whole thing with the Chinese girl taking Envy and then Envy randomly convincing her to go back just felt like a really lazy way to take both the characters out of the story when it wasn't convenient for them to be there. Roy not killing Envy because 'boo hoo killing bad' while hundreds of soldiers are dying outside because of their actions (not to forget that killing Lust was cool af). Father's kind of a meh villain. The last 10 or 15 episodes were really stretched. The beginning, on the other hand, was rushed. Ed brings his brother back by sacrificing his alchemy powers. Like, lol, that's not even a choice. If you were the best carpenter in history and someone told you that you could save the world and reembody your disembodied brother but you'd be allergic to wood, you'd be a monster to not take up that offer.

The first animated series, imo, did better on all these counts. The plot has arguably more flaws but it excels in exploring the theme of repenting for one's past sins. People compare Dante and Father and say Dante is inferior and that's true, but the true antagonists are the Homunculi in FMA03, and they are the direct consequences of people trying to bring back their dead loved ones, which ties in to theme of 'unforgivable sin'. Equivalent Exchange is false, which is a much bolder conclusion for the series to come to. Ironically, it has a better exchange at the end. Ed gets AOT isekai'd (before it was cool) in exchange for bringing his brother back. It's a frustrating ending, but life is frustrating too.
Oct 5, 2021 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
The comedy is awful and the fandom is just the worst
Oct 5, 2021 4:21 AM

May 2021
I guess I'll finally share my detailed experience with it as well, considering how often such topics seem to appear.

I went into FMA:B expecting for it to improve upon the FMA 2003 version, which was recommended to me many years ago by a close acquaintance and I finally got to watching it several years before registering here on MAL. I failed to enjoy it, so I thought "hey, maybe I should give FMA:B a try, considering it adapts source material more faithfully" and instead of getting an improved experience, I got one of the worst anime experiences I've ever had.

In general, the first ~30 episodes were almost as boring as 2003 version for me (a bit less boring, but far more annoying as well). I already didn't really enjoy it, but not to a point of any true negative feelings for it. Then the mid part came and significantly improved my pure enjoyment, albeit increasing an annoyance I already felt as well, by introducing certain characters and doing everything in a way that seems as if it was precisely tailored to get on my nerves. So, instead of improving my experience by becoming a lot more interesting, I actually started liking it even less. By the end part I was already disliking it to ridiculous details: even how some characters moved their body parts or mouths started getting on my nerves. That, combined with an endless stream of annoying jokes and obnoxious conversations during battles, made something finally snap inside of me. That's when my hate for FMA:B was truly born and it gained its title as one of my "unfavorites". It honestly felt like everything in that anime was made to annoy me and make me want to smash my monitor. While I didn't really enjoy the 2003 version, since the first half was excruciatingly boring and I wasn't affected by it in general, I found the anime original part to be interesting at least in terms of ideas and overall atmosphere, if not for personal enjoyment. As for FMA:B, there is absolutely nothing I liked in it, maybe aside from some characters like Kimbley, and pretty much disliked or hated most of everything else, both as far as the general impression goes and in details. If the 2003 version had #1 spot on MAL, I wouldn't really care and definitely wouldn't feel the need to describe my experience with it in such detail, but since I consider FMA:B being #1 virtually a crime against humanity lol I don't mind wasting my time to try and give at least a good detailed description of why I hate it so much.

What I disliked/hated in particular: what negatively stood out to me the most was, of course, horrible "humor". Anime so-called humor in general seems to be pretty retarded, as far as my experiences go, rarely having any solid build-up for its jokes and just relying on ugly faces and shouting, but somehow FMA:B managed to do it so awkwardly and "cringey", that it definitely was an unforgettable experience for me, albeit a negative one.
There are some characters that I definitely hated, namely: Roy Mustang, which is weird since I never hated him in 2003 version, but I guess the way he carried himself and behaved really got on my nerves; Izumi, your run-of-the-mill annoying abusive tsundere, who needed a solid punch in the face; Ms. Blowjob Lips, whose name I can't seem to remember at the moment and won't even bother recalling, an extremely obnoxious and annoying character; and last, but not least, the little Chinese rip-off girl, her entire pretense was annoying and she would be better off in a kindergarten instead. I don't hate them because of their choices in the story or anything like that, i.e. from a character perspective, I just hate the way those characters were conceived and presented. Their entire existence was getting on my nerves and nothing would make me more happy than to see them removed from the story completely. Thankfully, FMA:B is not an anime where I dislike the protagonist(s), so I guess that's good at least, although that doesn't really save an overall experience.
Among other things I disliked was the art style (how the characters were drawn wasn't to my taste). I also couldn't help but feel how forgettable everything was: not a single OP or ED I liked or even remembered, not a single music track caught my attention and the way ending wrapped everything up in the most unsatisfying and generic way possible was a final nail in the coffin, I'd say. Technically a perfect ending, but what exactly does that even mean? Like eating a perfectly shaped cake without any taste to it, that's how I'd describe it.

So yeah, while some people say "personal view aside, it's one of the best", I definitely don't agree with that. My personal hate for it aside, it's mediocre and uninspiring, just another typical shounen, like many others. It's just that I, personally, came to hate it with all my heart, while I surely may love some other stuff that falls under the same category, simple as that. But trying to justify it by saying it's "one the best" - no, not going to happen. One of the most popular, maybe, but at least to be qualified being called one the best, I think it would need to have some sort of a creative spark to it, to distinguish it from other "popcorn entertainment", which FMA:B simply doesn't have. The analogy I like to use is food: fast food like pizza or burgers is not "the best food" just because we like how it tastes, it's enjoyable, but ultimately brings no good or sometimes even harm. So, to me calling FMA:B "the best" is like saying "burgers are the most nutritious food you could have, they do wonders for your health!". That is simply not the case :) and while I don't really mind some kind of a "fast food" anime being #1 on a website like MAL, I definitely don't think it means that anime is "one of the best", which is pretty much what most people often say in these type of threads: FMA:B has the popularity and mass appeal, but it's not even close to being one of the best. And considering that mass appeal often doesn't correlate with quality in any way, just with general accessibility - no arguments there.

@ArArAgl the amount of times I've seen people being attacked or jabbed at on MAL for liking SAO is simply astounding, so I'm not really surprised to see it being brought into any kind of argument as the means for a personal attack. Seems like it's the most popular punching bag around here, so it's probably quite hard being a fan of it. Stay strong and don't let them get to you :)
Oct 5, 2021 5:19 AM

Sep 2021
ArArAgl said:
Althaf_ said:

Dude don't try to defend yourself by asking to not deviate from the topic.
To those reading this ,this dude gave Sword art online a 10 and Fullmetal Alchemist a 1.
That just made your entire review pointless to read. You are not even worth my time.
bruh so u actually don't understand English.......but I linked u a translator too :(
I guess u dont know how to use it to...... :(
I said that Don't quote me if u want to act like 10 yr old kid who starts cryin when some one say facts about his fav anime.........

Again I am sayin that Pls quote me if u want to say something that makes sense and isn't off topic........

Sadly ....I have work to do unlike u....can't waste my time in useless debate like this.......

First of all u haven't even watched SAO....and u r comparing two diff animes ...... definitely not something that a smart guy would do.........and u say I am not even worth ur time .......if u don't know u were the one who quoted me first not me
:(

I see you've copy pasted someone else's review as a means to defend yourself for rating SAO a 10 and FMA:B a 1. Just as one would expect from a salty fanboy who doesn't know what he's talking about.

https://www.theamateurmediablog.com/blog/the-case-against-fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood

But since you've brought it up,I will try to point out the mistakes though most of that review are just mere speculations and not actual facts.

Ed and Al are not your typical 16 year olds. Their father left them when they were 5-6 yrs,soon their mother died and they performed human transmutation losing a whole body and two limbs in the process, spent two months on a remote island without using alchemy. Basically they've seen worse and that is the reason they were able to move on after Nina's death(it wasn't that hard to figure out).Also only a fool would join the military and not expect death.

Agreed Hughes was managed better in FMA,but i don't agree that he was finished off too early.I think he had a satisfying amount of screentime. They were rushing the first eps to get to the Briggs arc asap.A person who's watched brotherhood first wouldn't feel the pacing as a person who's seen FMA first.

I'm not certain of what the op meant in the paragraph regarding Olivier Armstrong so i won't be addressing it but I'm assuming it's something really simple like the rest.

Regarding the fight between Mustang and Envy, if you listen carefully to the words of advice offered by those who stop him, they do explain the difference. They talk about how killing Envy would essentially be like Mustang giving in to hatred and revenge, thereby doing permanent damage to his moral character. Riza isn't even against killing Envy; she offers to do it herself. However, she doesn't want Roy to lose his moral fiber. They didn't expect Envy to die listening to their words. He would've been killed by Ed or Riza eventually even if he didn't suicide.(This was so obvious that even a small kid could explain it to you)

Mei Chang is a very self-sufficient girl and not "just" a little kid. They wanted to reward her for her part in helping save Amestris. They might have twisted the plot for their convience but one should not expect a story to follow a single straight line ,as if once solved nothing will go wrong. That is just dumb af.

I don't know why you think they wanted to give FMA:B a bittersweet ending. There is no written rule that a show should not have a happy ending. In my opinion, their struggles throughout the journey is more than enough for a bittersweet element in the series.

About the Alchemy, are you a stupid that you're surprised to see shounen elements in a show directed towards the shounen audience? That's just utter nonsense. There are plenty of interesting facets and rules on how it works, and at times it's been used cleverly.

Not once in the show did i got that feeling of the third reason, so I'll just say i completely disagree and move on.I think Ed and Al got their fair share of time together.

I don't believe that FMA:B is a perfect show, it doesn't have to be but your review doesn't even contain the actual problems with it like the comedy, the main villain or the Deus ex machina towards the end. Like i said earlier, the review was pointless to read.

I dropped SAO around the eighth episode.I don't add any anime I've dropped in my list because i may watch it again depending on my mood (has happened a lot). It is not true that you can't compare between the two, you can based on your enjoyment. I may not be a smart person but someone like you who thinks SAO is better than FMA:B and uses other's works to justify your hatred is just far worse.

I know the reality must be so frustrating that you have to rely on cheap tricks like calling someone a kid or sending translate links to defend yourself but you must accept the truth that FMA:B is a masterpiece and move on.
(why did i even bother to reply to this comment).
AlrivenOct 5, 2021 6:16 AM
Oct 5, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2020
-YaoiBoy- said:
I guess I'll finally share my detailed experience with it as well, considering how often such topics seem to appear.

I went into FMA:B expecting for it to improve upon the FMA 2003 version, which was recommended to me many years ago by a close acquaintance and I finally got to watching it several years before registering here on MAL. I failed to enjoy it, so I thought "hey, maybe I should give FMA:B a try, considering it adapts source material more faithfully" and instead of getting an improved experience, I got one of the worst anime experiences I've ever had.

In general, the first ~30 episodes were almost as boring as 2003 version for me (a bit less boring, but far more annoying as well). I already didn't really enjoy it, but not to a point of any true negative feelings for it. Then the mid part came and significantly improved my pure enjoyment, albeit increasing an annoyance I already felt as well, by introducing certain characters and doing everything in a way that seems as if it was precisely tailored to get on my nerves. So, instead of improving my experience by becoming a lot more interesting, I actually started liking it even less. By the end part I was already disliking it to ridiculous details: even how some characters moved their body parts or mouths started getting on my nerves. That, combined with an endless stream of annoying jokes and obnoxious conversations during battles, made something finally snap inside of me. That's when my hate for FMA:B was truly born and it gained its title as one of my "unfavorites". It honestly felt like everything in that anime was made to annoy me and make me want to smash my monitor. While I didn't really enjoy the 2003 version, since the first half was excruciatingly boring and I wasn't affected by it in general, I found the anime original part to be interesting at least in terms of ideas and overall atmosphere, if not for personal enjoyment. As for FMA:B, there is absolutely nothing I liked in it, maybe aside from some characters like Kimbley, and pretty much disliked or hated most of everything else, both as far as the general impression goes and in details. If the 2003 version had #1 spot on MAL, I wouldn't really care and definitely wouldn't feel the need to describe my experience with it in such detail, but since I consider FMA:B being #1 virtually a crime against humanity lol I don't mind wasting my time to try and give at least a good detailed description of why I hate it so much.

What I disliked/hated in particular: what negatively stood out to me the most was, of course, horrible "humor". Anime so-called humor in general seems to be pretty retarded, as far as my experiences go, rarely having any solid build-up for its jokes and just relying on ugly faces and shouting, but somehow FMA:B managed to do it so awkwardly and "cringey", that it definitely was an unforgettable experience for me, albeit a negative one.
There are some characters that I definitely hated, namely: Roy Mustang, which is weird since I never hated him in 2003 version, but I guess the way he carried himself and behaved really got on my nerves; Izumi, your run-of-the-mill annoying abusive tsundere, who needed a solid punch in the face; Ms. Blowjob Lips, whose name I can't seem to remember at the moment and won't even bother recalling, an extremely obnoxious and annoying character; and last, but not least, the little Chinese rip-off girl, her entire pretense was annoying and she would be better off in a kindergarten instead. I don't hate them because of their choices in the story or anything like that, i.e. from a character perspective, I just hate the way those characters were conceived and presented. Their entire existence was getting on my nerves and nothing would make me more happy than to see them removed from the story completely. Thankfully, FMA:B is not an anime where I dislike the protagonist(s), so I guess that's good at least, although that doesn't really save an overall experience.
Among other things I disliked was the art style (how the characters were drawn wasn't to my taste). I also couldn't help but feel how forgettable everything was: not a single OP or ED I liked or even remembered, not a single music track caught my attention and the way ending wrapped everything up in the most unsatisfying and generic way possible was a final nail in the coffin, I'd say. Technically a perfect ending, but what exactly does that even mean? Like eating a perfectly shaped cake without any taste to it, that's how I'd describe it.

So yeah, while some people say "personal view aside, it's one of the best", I definitely don't agree with that. My personal hate for it aside, it's mediocre and uninspiring, just another typical shounen, like many others. It's just that I, personally, came to hate it with all my heart, while I surely may love some other stuff that falls under the same category, simple as that. But trying to justify it by saying it's "one the best" - no, not going to happen. One of the most popular, maybe, but at least to be qualified being called one the best, I think it would need to have some sort of a creative spark to it, to distinguish it from other "popcorn entertainment", which FMA:B simply doesn't have. The analogy I like to use is food: fast food like pizza or burgers is not "the best food" just because we like how it tastes, it's enjoyable, but ultimately brings no good or sometimes even harm. So, to me calling FMA:B "the best" is like saying "burgers are the most nutritious food you could have, they do wonders for your health!". That is simply not the case :) and while I don't really mind some kind of a "fast food" anime being #1 on a website like MAL, I definitely don't think it means that anime is "one of the best", which is pretty much what most people often say in these type of threads: FMA:B has the popularity and mass appeal, but it's not even close to being one of the best. And considering that mass appeal often doesn't correlate with quality in any way, just with general accessibility - no arguments there.

@ArArAgl the amount of times I've seen people being attacked or jabbed at on MAL for liking SAO is simply astounding, so I'm not really surprised to see it being brought into any kind of argument as the means for a personal attack. Seems like it's the most popular punching bag around here, so it's probably quite hard being a fan of it. Stay strong and don't let them get to you :)

finally someone that atleast knows that different people have different taste is here :)

"the amount of times I've seen people being attacked or jabbed at on MAL for liking SAO" happens with me alot ....when someone dont have anything else to say and knows that they r wrong just takes convo off topic by sayin u like SAO so U have trash taste......I mean man wtf......

I will definately never stop liking SAO

BTW very very ty for making my mood better :)

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Oct 5, 2021 7:39 AM

Nov 2020
I hate how a lot of people care so much about FMAB's score (haters and fans included). I mean the thread asked what you dislike about the anime not the fandom.
If you ever feel bored and are questioning the meaning of your existence, read deez blogs. Maybe you will find your answers.
Oct 5, 2021 8:30 AM

Aug 2017
  • misplaced, inappropriate humor interrupting emotional scenes
  • first dozen episodes were too quickly paced as I guess they assumed most people had already watched FMA 03's coverage of the corresponding manga chapters
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Oct 5, 2021 9:42 AM
Feb 2021
Rushed part 1. But the rest of show over compensates.
Oct 5, 2021 10:09 AM

May 2021
ArArAgl said:
BTW very very ty for making my mood better :)

You're welcome :) glad that I helped to make it better ^_^
Oct 5, 2021 11:54 AM
Sep 2021
Even though the anime is on the verge of perfection, the only thing I really don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't have really big fights. I'm not talking about bad scenes and bad action sequences, but about the lack of fights that stay in the memory. For being a feature that became "essential" in anime of this demographic, this displeased me a little.
Oct 5, 2021 7:03 PM

Sep 2021
ArArAgl said:
Althaf_ said:

I see you've copy pasted someone else's review as a means to defend yourself for rating SAO a 10 and FMA:B a 1. Just as one would expect from a salty fanboy who doesn't know what he's talking about.

https://www.theamateurmediablog.com/blog/the-case-against-fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood

But since you've brought it up,I will try to point out the mistakes though most of that review are just mere speculations and not actual facts.

Ed and Al are not your typical 16 year olds. Their father left them when they were 5-6 yrs,soon their mother died and they performed human transmutation losing a whole body and two limbs in the process, spent two months on a remote island without using alchemy. Basically they've seen worse and that is the reason they were able to move on after Nina's death(it wasn't that hard to figure out).Also only a fool would join the military and not expect death.

Agreed Hughes was managed better in FMA,but i don't agree that he was finished off too early.I think he had a satisfying amount of screentime. They were rushing the first eps to get to the Briggs arc asap.A person who's watched brotherhood first wouldn't feel the pacing as a person who's seen FMA first.

I'm not certain of what the op meant in the paragraph regarding Olivier Armstrong so i won't be addressing it but I'm assuming it's something really simple like the rest.

Regarding the fight between Mustang and Envy, if you listen carefully to the words of advice offered by those who stop him, they do explain the difference. They talk about how killing Envy would essentially be like Mustang giving in to hatred and revenge, thereby doing permanent damage to his moral character. Riza isn't even against killing Envy; she offers to do it herself. However, she doesn't want Roy to lose his moral fiber. They didn't expect Envy to die listening to their words. He would've been killed by Ed or Riza eventually even if he didn't suicide.(This was so obvious that even a small kid could explain it to you)

Mei Chang is a very self-sufficient girl and not "just" a little kid. They wanted to reward her for her part in helping save Amestris. They might have twisted the plot for their convience but one should not expect a story to follow a single straight line ,as if once solved nothing will go wrong. That is just dumb af.

I don't know why you think they wanted to give FMA:B a bittersweet ending. There is no written rule that a show should not have a happy ending. In my opinion, their struggles throughout the journey is more than enough for a bittersweet element in the series.

About the Alchemy, are you a stupid that you're surprised to see shounen elements in a show directed towards the shounen audience? That's just utter nonsense. There are plenty of interesting facets and rules on how it works, and at times it's been used cleverly.

Not once in the show did i got that feeling of the third reason, so I'll just say i completely disagree and move on.I think Ed and Al got their fair share of time together.

I don't believe that FMA:B is a perfect show, it doesn't have to be but your review doesn't even contain the actual problems with it like the comedy, the main villain or the Deus ex machina towards the end. Like i said earlier, the review was pointless to read.

I dropped SAO around the eighth episode.I don't add any anime I've dropped in my list because i may watch it again depending on my mood (has happened a lot). It is not true that you can't compare been the two, you can based on your enjoyment. I may not be a smart person but someone like you who thinks SAO is better than FMA:B and uses other's works to justify your hatred is just far worse.

I know the reality must be so frustrating that you have to rely on cheap tricks like calling someone a kid or sending translate links to defend yourself but you must accept the truth that FMA:B is a masterpiece and move on.

bruh really KID U just said that I am not even worth ur time 😂😂..........and u search a whole para on internet......man u flip on next level.......

now since u r so OBSESSED with me I may answer ur counter too....

first of all I guess u r new on mal kid.........this isnt the review section IDK why ur Ass is on fire just cause I posted some one else review :(

yeah I found it on reddit and I didnt posted it in FMAB review section...i didnt said that it is my review or I wrote this .......... I am sure now u actually dont know how to read english

I SAID THIS IS MY OPINION.........MANY PEOPLE CAN HAVE SAME OPINION ABOUT An ASS anime like FMAB.........well the link u send matches the para I copied....I copied it but not from that website I copied it from reddit......A guy I follow posts awesome reviews Like that on Reddit......
I copied it from there....

And ur just a new kid On Mal IG many people do this on serveral threads they copy someone else post on other thread.......and there is nothing wrong with it....why would some write that big review if he knows where a similar review is.........but u r an ultra smart guy so I guess....

as I said kid I dont have time to explain little kids why FMAB is bad that just gets triggered and start going off topic.........

U r a little kid with a lot of time in hand but unlike u as I already said I have work to do.........

and if u dont know what opinion means tell me what language u can read......I will translate it myself ....

and see

Althaf_ said:

I dropped SAO around the eighth episode.I don't add any anime I've dropped in my list because i may watch it again depending on my mood (has happened a lot). It is not true that you can't compare between the two, you can based on your enjoyment. I may not be a smart person but someone like you who thinks SAO is better than FMA:B and uses other's works to justify your hatred is just far worse.

bruh Kid U flip a lot now Kid U said I am not even worth ur time but u searched my review on internet😂😂 Kid u r actually obsessed with me :)

now kid I can clearly tell that u r new on myanimelist........like when some body ask for why someone hate a certain anime and wants them to explain it ofc if another review similar to their opinion exists and they know about it ofc they copy paste is ( unless u r a 10 yr old kid)

first of all I didnt even claimed That I wrote this review.....I said that this my opinion.......opinions can be same if u dont know why will I write something same if I know someone have already written it....many people have done that in forums ( they r smart not a 10 yr old kid)

if someone posts this in the review section which I doubt u know exist and claim it to be here review then that is wrong.......

but this isnt the case here IDK why u r triggered kid

dont start cryin kid when some one states facts about ur fav.......

if u r having any difficulty(I am sure u r) in using translator I can help :)

and I guess u dont know what on hold section is for kid If u think that u r bored after watching an anime and want to take a break and u might watch it again after sometimes then u put that on hold my kid.........

and ur reply to my opinion...

"FMAB deserves a 1 and SOA a 10" u say I use cheap tricks by calling a kid a kid u dont have ur bday in ur profile so Cant tell if ur a kid r not but after reading ur replies I am quite sure u r a kid

u said SAO SOA cant even spell properly man 🤣

these links may help u kid....I am not awesome while writing or reading english so I use them too.....belive me try once they r not that difficult to use :)

"I know the reality must be so frustrating" Bruh everyone can clearly see who is triggered by my first post XD

then u say "(why did i even bother to reply to this comment)" KID just admit u r obsessed with me.......first u got triggered and quoted me to start ur useless convo.........

U tried to go off topic by mentioning SAO in FMAB thread first.....Definatily not triggered :(

Kid i wont even bother reading ur reply to my review (similar review by another person)....quite sure that triggered kids makes no sense...........not goin to waste my time now XD

If u will continue this both might end up getting banned so I will reccomend u to just stfu ........

To be honest I'm disappointed,I was expecting something criticising my views. Not some goofy comment complaining about my spelling mistake or sending useless links. I don't really care if you call me a kid , often times even a kid can make more sense than a grown ass man.

If someone has an opinion the most logical option would be criticising the anime with your own thoughts. Similar opinions exist but how often do you see a review with exactly your thoughts? you haven't even added anything of your own onto the review. Why waste time for something you're not sure right? or it might be rare one in your case that you found a review 100% accurate with your thoughts. Also I would be really grateful if you show me some comments where someone copy pastes someone else's review.

To clear myself, If i were to re-watch a show like SAO, i would prefer to watch it from the beginning ,so it wouldn't make sense to add it in the on-hold section.

It is not because you don't have time, you just can't prove anything that doesn't exist.I don't see any reason for getting banned so i would be grateful to know why you think so. You have not even countered any of my points above. There is no point in dragging this conversation any longer. Come back when you have actual points to oppose my statement.
Oct 5, 2021 8:46 PM

Jan 2020
The fanbase is the only thing and I hate that I have to say that

the actual series itself is fantastic

Oct 5, 2021 9:11 PM

Jun 2020
I like the anime, The ending is a dramatic while the animation is good for an action genre. But the fans cannot give up about it for being top 1 on Top anime, Yeah, we know it is good but Gintama is tenfold better than Fullmetal Alchemist, let us learn that some anime like Gintama need attention because while it is not popular in the anime community (if I'm right about it) it is good if we are talking about plot and animation (episodes 202 - 367 and the Movies).
Oct 5, 2021 10:37 PM

Sep 2021
ArArAgl said:
Althaf_ said:

To be honest I'm disappointed,I was expecting something criticising my views. Not some goofy comment complaining about my spelling mistake or sending useless links. I don't really care if you call me a kid , often times even a kid can make more sense than a grown ass man.

If someone has an opinion the most logical option would be criticising the anime with your own thoughts. Similar opinions exist but how often do you see a review with exactly your thoughts? you haven't even added anything of your own onto the review. Why waste time for something you're not sure right? or it might be rare one in your case that you found a review 100% accurate with your thoughts. Also I would be really grateful if you show me some comments where someone copy pastes someone else's review.

To clear myself, If i were to re-watch a show like SAO, i would prefer to watch it from the beginning ,so it wouldn't make sense to add it in the on-hold section.

It is not because you don't have time, you just can't prove anything that doesn't exist.I don't see any reason for getting banned so i would be grateful to know why you think so. You have not even countered any of my points above. There is no point in dragging this conversation any longer. Come back when you have actual points to oppose my statement.

first the kid himeself tries to go off topic.........I am sure even a 10 yr old kid can tell that........talkin about different anime in different thread that is about why we dislike that pariticular anime and says nothin to counter my post.........yeah ofc a kid will do it.......

Now the kid says that I gave SaO a 10 and hs FAV anime a 1so it makes my post pointless to read......ofc this to a kid would say....and then he says I am not even worth his time but he quotes
me first and tries to go off topic....definatily noone can see how obsessed u r with me :)
again says nothing to counter my post.......

now the kid did some research on what I posted and automatically assumes I have claimed that this is my review....... the kid just said that I am not even worth his time but did a fkin research on my post ......... this is called being obsessed.....

now see what the kid is saying......he was expecting e to counter his points now......Kid u r the one who was going of topic and sayin I am not worth ur time and now u say that u expected me to reply ur invalid points same thing fo u kid first I was also expecting u too counter my post not by going off topic or sayin i am not worth ur time..........

Kid i am sayin this again just stfu u r just makin urself look fool......

Just hang on to your 'off-topic' . I am more than willing to continue this conversation elsewhere if that is your complaint. I replied only because I found the op was someone else.
Like i said earlier there is no point in dragging this conversation so why don't you try and break the ice.
AlrivenOct 5, 2021 10:40 PM
Oct 6, 2021 12:37 AM

Feb 2021
RedZ21 said:
OP just asked what people dislike about this people. Some people dragged fandom and other anime into it. Why most of the discussion on this sub-board are so toxic.

I know, right? People need to understand that the anime and its fandom are two different entities.
Oct 7, 2021 7:48 PM

Jan 2020
Tbh, nothing really. It’s one of the only series I’ve ever read/seen with a great ending. Every other series I enjoy tend to end poorly
Mar 24, 2022 3:36 PM
Jan 2016
I think it was the fact that the comedy for the most part was just "oh you're kinda short" and then Ed going "HEY DON'T CALL ME SHORT!!!". It got overused really fast.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

977 by FirehawkZero »»
Jun 9, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 56 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 9, 2010

208 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 2, 2010

232 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 21, 2010

178 by DryAmeer »»
Jun 2, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Feb 28, 2010

216 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 3:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.