Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 3, 2021 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
I’m just curious as I loved every aspect of this anime but I’ve seen that some people don’t feel the same. I just want to know why people don’t like this anime cause to me it’s fricking great.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2021 4:56 AM
Aug 2018
DAFSOMT said:
I’m just curious as I loved every aspect of this anime but I’ve seen that some people don’t feel the same. I just want to know why people don’t like this anime cause to me it’s fricking great.
Its good just not masterpiece level.
Oct 3, 2021 5:00 AM
Mar 2021
The fandom ofc no else
Oct 3, 2021 5:01 AM

Jan 2021
absolutely nothing imo. the foundations, the build up, and the payoff are all amazingly well structured.
10/10 for me, anyday.
Oct 3, 2021 5:07 AM
May 2020
Yeah for me its an Amazing anime , love almost everything about it , i can't think of any "MAJOR" flaws about this series , but imo its not a "perfect" anime nor a masterpiece

For me its a 9.5/10 anime , almost a masterpiece , but i gave it a 9/10 on MAL instead lmao , dont ask me why
One Piece is bad, really
Oct 3, 2021 5:08 AM

Feb 2021
it was pretty forgettable, i remember almost nothiing about it except tht i thought father was a bad villain and the comedy was als prtty awful
Oct 3, 2021 5:09 AM

Oct 2018
pretty sure the father is forgettable and the cringe comedies. The fandom ofc

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Oct 3, 2021 5:09 AM

Sep 2021
Literally there's nothing I hate about it. The main villain was pretty boring but I can't complain because he was supposed to be like that.
Oct 3, 2021 5:10 AM
May 2020
e5812 said:
it was pretty forgettable, i remember almost nothiing about it except tht i thought father was a bad villain and the comedy was als prtty awful
Oh yeah i forgot to mention this

True , the comedy isnt really that good , didnt laugh , not at all
One Piece is bad, really
Oct 3, 2021 5:12 AM
Mar 2020
Not anything major I really like FMA:Brotherhood. The only major think that bugged me was the humour got very repetitive and boring pretty quickly. Edward having short man syndrome was funny the first few times but the show really over uses the gag.

Apart from that nothing really I gave it a 9/10 for reason because the characters are great, story is great, music is great and the animation is great not much to complain about really some may find it overrated but I still consider it a very good anime I would recommend to anyone.
Oct 3, 2021 5:28 AM
Jan 2021
That the beginning is rushed
Oct 3, 2021 5:35 AM
Feb 2021
Some of comedy parts aren’t funny. And it got reused quite a lot. And also very forgettable. Everything else is perfect(include the first 10 episodes despite being rushed).
Oct 3, 2021 5:36 AM
Apr 2021
It’s been a while so the only thing I really remember disliking is how rushed some of the earlier stories were
Oct 3, 2021 6:05 AM
Apr 2020
It's uninteresting, and insencirely inoffensive. Has a rushed, but slow feeling start. Production wise nothing exceptional. Characters are cliche, comedy is repetitive, frankly unfunny and badly timed. Has nothing special message- or storytelling-wise. A nice, but unoriginal soundtrack. Uses plot conveniences etc. And finally, the fandom. Vocal & toxic af, and obsessively defensive.
ddchOct 3, 2021 1:31 PM
Oct 3, 2021 6:06 AM
Aug 2021
I think it's a really good anime. It's just not a masterpiece. Also the comedy was repetitive
Oct 3, 2021 6:17 AM
Feb 2021
XTente said:
DAFSOMT said:
Its good just not masterpiece level.
Well what is a masterpiece? I consider this anime the only one closest to being a masterpiece so idk my definition of a masterpiece is something that has no flaws
Oct 3, 2021 6:19 AM
Apr 2021
Nothing (15 characters)
Oct 3, 2021 6:22 AM
Aug 2020
Watch more seems like you have only seen 3 animes
Oct 3, 2021 6:41 AM

Aug 2021
Worst fanbase , fake ratings in MAL , dumbest characters decisions even though story was well written , main bad guy lacks good writing, finale wasn't as explosive as the build up
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Oct 3, 2021 6:47 AM
Aug 2020
e5812 said:
true thought I was the only one lmao
Oct 3, 2021 6:52 AM

Feb 2021
I felt like the start was pretty bland, the ending felt insulting and unsatisfying as it felt like he could have solved his problems since the very beginning. Ed was quite overshadowed by a lot of the side characters like Roy and greed. But all around I enjoyed the anime to be completely honest, it just felt like it played really safe and didn’t take any risks and as a result the highs felt kinda short for me. A 7/10 for me. One thing I don’t understand is why this is so praised and is considered by many as the greatest. Can somebody explain?
Oct 3, 2021 7:13 AM
Dec 2020
Theres noting really to dislike about Fmab but if there is something I would say it’s the fandom
Oct 3, 2021 7:17 AM

Aug 2020
Nothing except some of the comedy parts

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Oct 3, 2021 7:19 AM

Aug 2020
it just feels pretty generic to me, and the plot isn't that good, I find it hard to say there's any issues with it, but it just didn't do anything for me, worth the watch but it's my baseline for an average show.
Call me Ren
Oct 3, 2021 7:30 AM
Jan 2021
There isn't a whole lot I dislike about it but it just also isn't nearly as good in most categories as so many other series I've watched or read. Some things I did dislike were the lack of direction, it felt like stuff just kinda happened it felt a little messy at times, also the main villian sucked. But yeah if fmab wasn't regarded as one of the best anime ever I'm sure it wouldn't get nearly as much hate 🤷
Oct 3, 2021 7:30 AM
Dec 2020
No hate but i didn't liked the comedy in this anime at times there were comedies during very serious moments/fights and i didn't liked that
Oct 3, 2021 8:03 AM
Feb 2021
I hate the fanbase, anything else is incredible
Oct 3, 2021 8:25 AM
Oct 2020
This is cliche but the beginning. Too fast, so it didn’t pull me in. But I stuck with it and it became one of my favorites.
Oct 3, 2021 8:44 AM
Feb 2021
DAFSOMT said:

Hating FMAB has become something cool lately, the fanbase doesn't help much. Overall, I liked everything. Of course it's not perfect, but nothing is. People don't understand that it's #1 because it's cohesive and has a satisfying ending. It's better to have an anime that stays above average (or good) throughout all the episodes than an anime that has some amazing moments but the ending is absolutely horrible.
Oct 3, 2021 9:03 AM
May 2021
It has a really good plot with some good characters and a satisfying ending. It doesn't have that many flaws and plotholes and it isn't bad as people make it out to be. Ofc there is a lot of complaints about the fandom but I don't care. Its one of the best anime I have watched and its one of my favourites .

And I'm pretty sure there are going to be a lot of hate comments about fmab. Just don't listen to them. They just can't stand it to be the no.1 anime. BTW I don't think it's the best anime of all time too. But it's great too. There's nothing to complain about the anime (except for the fandom)
Oct 3, 2021 9:07 AM
Mar 2021
I dislike some of the comedy and I think there are too many characters that aren’t interesting mixed in with the good ones. Overall it isn’t that I dislike much it’s just I find a lot of it just ok.
Oct 3, 2021 9:13 AM
Apr 2020
Not in anime in particular but the fandom Oooof
Oct 3, 2021 9:44 AM
Apr 2021
This anime is perfect in literally any way, I feel like that’s the reason why people don’t like it. In my opinion, the fact that FMAB is “good” is a given in the anime community. Maybe that’s why the fandom is so dry 🤔
Oct 3, 2021 9:47 AM

Dec 2020
Characters are underdeveloped. Edward does nothing until last fight. comedy is shit. Main villain got beaten so easily.
CilekMafyaOct 3, 2021 9:52 AM
I am Mad Scientist. Its soo cool. Sunovabitch
Oct 3, 2021 9:53 AM
Jan 2021
DAFSOMT said:

They ruined the character of lust (which was better written in the 2003 version) and scar is like an edgy killing machine with no emotions , he was better in the 03 version . Also the earlier manga chapters with past of Barry the chopper and Train arc was skipped in brotherhood and was adapted in the 03 anime .
Oct 3, 2021 10:42 AM
Oct 2020
Geel said:
I love this anime, if I had to say one thing, probably the Ishval war, that left a bad taste in my mouth, knowing some of our heros were involved in that shit.

Also I didn't like it when they stopped Roy from getting his revenge against Envy.

That's it I think.
Yeah you're totally right. Ishval war was sucks. It was unnecessarily long. There was no need. If there is one thing affects the anime badly, this is it.
Oct 3, 2021 11:20 AM
Jun 2021
Nothing. It’s perfect.
Oct 3, 2021 11:21 AM
Jun 2021
CilekMafya said:
Characters are underdeveloped. Edward does nothing until last fight. comedy is shit. Main villain got beaten so easily.
underdeveloped? Did we watch the same anime? Ur deluded if u think characters are underdeveloped.
Oct 3, 2021 11:33 AM
Jan 2020
Just an overall feeling that it’s a bit too long. I remember thinking the middle portion was kind of a slog to get through. I watched it for the first time about 3 years ago, and none of it really left an impression on my memory.
Oct 3, 2021 11:49 AM

Dec 2020
ilyas26 said:
CilekMafya said:
underdeveloped? Did we watch the same anime? Ur deluded if u think characters are underdeveloped.
Yes, first half of the show is rushed, along with a lot of character development.
I am Mad Scientist. Its soo cool. Sunovabitch
Oct 3, 2021 12:13 PM
Nov 2020
Gets pretty boring multiple times
Oct 3, 2021 12:17 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
@Twinkleshoe and
Geel said:
I love this anime, if I had to say one thing, probably the Ishval war, that left a bad taste in my mouth, knowing some of our heros were involved in that shit.

Also I didn't like it when they stopped Roy from getting his revenge against Envy.

That's it I think.

Just out of intrest don't you think it would ruin them as characters if they weren't war criminals? Isn't a large part of people like Roy, Hues, Hawkeye and Armstrong that despite the truly terrible things they've done, they can still be good people, they can still try and atone? I dunno for me what makes me love those characters is the deep nuance that comes from the terrible things they've done but maybe I'm wierd lol😂😂
Oct 3, 2021 12:39 PM
Mar 2021
I don't know just bored me like hell. I don't really know the reason either. I agree it was executed perfectly as if it followed some recipe but it doesn't have a taste at all. Bland. Without any salt, spices etc. Everything was lacking. Idk what that means but it was pretty boring. Although the last arc wasn't that boring
Oct 3, 2021 12:41 PM
Sep 2021
We don’t see Roy rule as the furer
Oct 3, 2021 12:41 PM
Sep 2021
We don’t see Roy rule as the furer
Oct 3, 2021 12:42 PM
Apr 2021
The fandom is just pretty toxic
Oct 3, 2021 12:46 PM

Jul 2021
The only things I disliked in Brotherhood was Ling, that was annoiyng as hell and Mei's healing alchemy that felt too magical, even for regular FMA standards.

My main issue is that when Brotherhood and FMA03 are comparable I think 03 did better: Dante > Father, the Homunculi in general and their origins, Riza x Roy relationship. And what was only in brotherhood didn't impress me: Olivia Armstrong the the whole Brigs Fort arc, the Mannequin army or the final battle.
Oct 3, 2021 1:07 PM
Jan 2021
I feel like it did nothing wrong but nothing outstanding either, which is why I can't say its a masterpiece.
Oct 3, 2021 3:15 PM

Jun 2021
-ending was trash, was basically just everyone lived happily ever after
-the homunculus were stupid how they were basically indestructible for anyone except roy
-bringing god into the story was unnecessary and made it too ridiculous

it was good otherwise, 8/10 for me
Oct 3, 2021 3:16 PM
Nov 2016
FMAB is just another overhyped garbage, we have plenty of it in MAL but FMAB takes the cake.

The biggest offender for me was that shitty forced comedy, FMAB just had a shitty timing with the comedy, when something serious happens it gets ruined with some shitty repetitive comedy and it happened a lot, I hate it and the comedy wasn't even good, it was cringie and bad, if an anime can't take itself seriously then I can't take it seriously either. FMAB was too childish for me, I liked FMA 2003 a lot more since it was dark, mature and did take itself seriously unlike FMAB.

I also disliked the OST in FMAB, it wasn't that good, it was repetitive and the OST was pretty bad in the sad moments as well. I need a good OST specially in the sad moments to connect/bond with an anime and FMAB failed miserably at it, the OST choices in the sad moments was awful. The main villain was also a joke, just another "cliche" of a main villain, boring.

I can go more in depth on why I disliked FMAB but it will be a long wall of text.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.