Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 12, 2021 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was BLESSED with highlights but my favorites were seeing Eri again, All Might yelling and Mineta getting tortured by Mina. 😆

Happy 100th episode to MHA! 🥳

rubelsymuntary said:
new opening is coming?

I'm wondering the same thing. Gonna miss DISH as I really loved the current opening BUT I'm also excited for the next one!
Jun 12, 2021 10:18 AM
Aug 2020
FreshIngredient said:
I've been looking forward to the upcoming story arc all season so I'm disappointed to find out that next Episode will be a Christmas episode.

PV for the next arc is coming out this wednesday, that christmas episode is just 1 episode, the next arc begins on episode 14 or probably the end of episode 13.
Jun 12, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2020
I was so close to dropping this season but seems like something interesting is gonna come up soon. Monoma's quirk is an interesting one, hope we could see him more in action. Can't wait to see how the quirks of deku, monoma and eri-chan evolve.

FrozenRaider said:
I would love to see Monoma using One for all. Of course without breaking. :D

Ya Monoma copying rewind or one for all would be epic. I hope he could find a way to handle the 'blanks'.

Jun 12, 2021 10:25 AM
Anime crunchtime

Jun 2017
Welp, this is it folks, episode 100!^v^9
Jun 12, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2020
This was a pretty chill and relaxing episode.

Eri is back. It was really nice to see Eri back on screen for the first time in a while, and damn is she just as cute as she was before. Todoroki and Bakugo have their hero licenses now, and looked really cool taking down those villains near the end of this episode.
Jun 12, 2021 12:13 PM
May 2020
That was chill. What was Eri's quirk again? I completely forgot lol.

I hope we get more Bakugo and Todoroki scenes, they just got their licenses and already fighting villains. Those 2 are by far the most interesting of the whole hero cast lol, tbh I wouldn't mind if Midoriya never existed and it was just about them.
Jun 12, 2021 12:43 PM

Oct 2015
Bakugo is still an obnoxious brat in every scene he's in. Really sours my enjoyment.

I did enjoy seeing Mirio and Eri, who is rather eloquent for a 6-year-old still learning to write lol

I was wondering what Bones would do for the last two episodes before the MVA arc began in episode 13. They had to do some arc restructuring and added some filler to stretch the Joint Training Arc to last the full 13 episodes. Without the flashbacks, padding and filler the training exercise might have ended as early as episode 7 after all.

So the Christmas special chapter will be adapted next episode. Out of season but it makes sense since it does have a minor tie-in at the end of the season. And I always welcome more fluff.
Jun 12, 2021 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
MHA finally hitting that 100 episode milestone, thanks Bones for these 100 episodes!

I did hear a rumor that they would adapt the Endeavor Agency arc before MVA, but it looks like they might use the Christmas chapter from that arc for one last lighthearted fluff type episode to finish off the first cour. Then I guess they'll set up the 2nd cour by backtracking to MVA toward the end of next episode. Idk, we'll see.

Pre_Yum said:
Monoma copied her quirk and is going to teach her how to handle and control it.

Slight correction, that's what Aizawa was hoping Monoma would be able to do. But if you go back, Monoma explains that he can't do that because Eri's Quirk is an accumulation type. He can copy her Quirk, but he can't copy what needs to be accumulated (which is why he couldn't use OFA when he copied it from Deku, and why they mention that he wouldn't be able to copy Fatgum's Quirk).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 12, 2021 1:30 PM

Sep 2020
ok episode but excited for this arc.
Jun 12, 2021 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
This episode wasn't bad, but it somehow feels like the anime lacks something in general...

Oh well, there are 13 more episodes to go, so it's not too late to start the real action :)

I wonder how Deku managed to make that quirk work in the next episode.
Jun 12, 2021 1:53 PM

Sep 2020
OI OI OI Merry Christmas!!!

I was super hyped for the next arc after 1A vs 1B. I mean, I haven't read the manga after that arc. What's with these jingle bells?!

<<Congratulations MHA for making it's way in hundreds!>>
Jun 12, 2021 2:03 PM
Nov 2017
100 episodes! Wow!
Jun 12, 2021 2:19 PM

Jan 2020
Congrats MHA for hitting 100 episodes!

Pretty chill episode. Loved Bakugou & Todoroki teaming up together. I think they'd make a great team.
But the art style seems like it's lacking something this season. I'd say the previous seasons did a much better job at animation & good-looking art style than this season.
3099Sep 10, 2021 11:31 AM
Jun 12, 2021 3:53 PM

Oct 2020
MHA's 100th episode! Damn, Mineta probably didn't like what he saw. Aww, Eri was as cute as ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2021 4:05 PM
Mar 2015
It was quite nice episode, although I'm kind of dissapointed they didn't show Todoroki and Bakuko last tast to get hero licens, it was to win over kids hearts, and it would be soo cool to see it animated
Jun 12, 2021 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
100 episodes is a pretty big milestone, so congrats I guess.
First half of the episode was boring filler, didn't necessarily dislike it but it felt like s3 shenanigans with no meaning. Deku and bakugo's conversation was great though.
Second half was great, bakugo continues to be the best character in the show with no competition.
I expected mva at least next episode but there's more wait.
Jun 12, 2021 6:59 PM
Mar 2015
The kids are alright
Jun 12, 2021 7:15 PM

Jul 2016
I died with Tsuyu entering hibernation mode. Seeing Eri again was also quite nice.

Overall, standard transition episode between arcs. Loved the random "Clockwork Orange" reference, by the way.
Jun 12, 2021 7:20 PM

Jun 2015
Wait, is that chapter going to be adapted next week already? So they want to deliver the serious business in a batch.
Jun 12, 2021 8:38 PM

Oct 2008
a milestone! this is BnHA's 100th episode!
lolz at Mineta's torture by Ashido!
the combi of Bakugou and Todoroki was chou EXCELLENTO!!!
5/5.

Jun 12, 2021 9:24 PM

Jan 2013
Eri is finally back! But we still don't have more details about her quirk.
On the other hand, glad that Bakugo and Todoroko finally got their licenses, and what a way to start your hero journey xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 12, 2021 10:26 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty chill episode and good to see Eri again.
Jun 12, 2021 11:12 PM
Nov 2016
It was an ok episode, from all the meh episodes this season provided this was the best one so far, this one is slightly above meh.

I've only enjoyed 3 episodes so far on this season and this one was passable. I'm slightly losing the hype again in this anime, it did got me hyped a bit in the 3 episodes that I liked but I'm losing that hype again.

I just feel like something is missing in this anime, it looks pretty generic to me now and next episode seems to be a "filler" so I'm not too hyped about the next week.

Let's see if the villain arc hypes me up a bit.
Jun 13, 2021 7:56 AM

Mar 2010
I've been totally emmersed into the series and world building, tho it feels real small right now I think thats a good thing, I feel like these guys are slowly becoming my family lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 13, 2021 12:19 PM

Mar 2020
My Hero Academia 100th episode lets goooo!
Jun 13, 2021 2:41 PM

Jan 2021
Carbonation is such a lame power. Imagine he could control carbon itself. He could control the air we are breathing and make it toxic, could control the very basis of our existence, could extinguish fires etc. He would be able to do basically anything. I wish some villain/ hero gets this power in the future.
Jun 13, 2021 3:38 PM

Apr 2012
matias067 said:
a milestone! this is BnHA's 100th episode!
lolz at Mineta's torture by Ashido!

My Clockwork Orange Academia
Jun 13, 2021 4:34 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 12 and its good.. and in this episode, its still a bit following the manga, all except for the copy part.. and feels like a calm before the storm, where something might gonna happen.. also, i can relate with deku on his new quirk.. its just like when i feel like watching an anime, i would watch.. but if i dont feel like watching it, no matter how hard i try to, i will still feel like not wanting to watch it no matter what.. tho by some chance or something, maybe that anime might be good when i watch it and get hooked on it.. the difference is resolve.. just like how deku will imagine using his new powers like opening a lock, he must practice his new found powers.. anyways, i rate the episode a 9 of 10, 9 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 13, 2021 5:44 PM

Jul 2013
Well so we got a little bit more conclusion with Shinso and some conversations between All Might, Deku and Bakugo. I had a feeling it wouldn't be so easy for Deku to activate his Black Whip again even when he was sparing with Bakugo.

It's funny enough when Todoroki talked to Deku about his "second" quirk. Can't wait for Todorokis face when he finds out about the other quirks Deku has to master. I really wonder what Mineta had to watch. Didn't look like he had a fun time lol.

Not a bad idea of Aizawa to let Monoma copy Eris quirk. Too bad it doesn't work, but now we know how exactly his quirk works at what "blank" means in this case.

Finally Bakugo and Todoroki got their official licences. They handled that villain pretty well with the least amount of dmg possible. Carbanation wasn't super exciting to see as a quirk but I still liked a little bit of action.

Not sure what to think about the preview. It seems like everyone is celebrating christmas but what does he mean by "Behind the festive party lurked a great disaster"? Will be interesting to see what will happen there.

Jun 13, 2021 6:27 PM

Sep 2016
Good God, this first arc basically stole us half the season for yet another mediocre training arc and this episode, as a way to celebrate 100 episodes, filler and "cutesy" moments. I really hope that by the next week, they get their shit together and start adapting what us manga readers are looking forward to.
Jun 13, 2021 7:30 PM

Apr 2021
I’m glad we are getting to see Toshinori being awesome and still doing hero work in ways he can. He’s still insanely fast and way stronger than he might look.
Jun 13, 2021 7:37 PM
Nov 2013
Hi everyone, for manga readers (without spoilers please) Do they show in the manga Bakugou and Todoroki's exam for their licenses? Thanks
Jun 14, 2021 1:06 AM
May 2020
When are things gonna start to get interesting ugh
Jun 14, 2021 4:09 AM
Jul 2018
I thought there was something about neiton when the more tense the more it was just about Eri's power it's good that Eri appreciated it killed the longing,the end of the episode was amazing with the Bakugon and shouta dialogues.
Jun 14, 2021 10:42 AM

Jun 2020
It’s so nice seeing everyone so supportive & encouraging of Shinsou. He deserves it!!!!! Can’t wait to see if he ends up in A or B-gumi

Eri!!!!!!!♡ she’s looking real happy & so cute that she wants to write letters to thank both Mirio & Deku. So so sweet.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ All Might’s reaction when Bakugou was going at Deku trolllolollllllooolllllll Omg Bakugou actually joined them & asked if that’s where they usually chitchat at LOL I can’t believe Kacchan is just casually sippin ocha over there I’d bet he’s so fuckin excited on the inside lol

In his own way, Bakugou is helping Deku out (●’◡’●)ノ

LOL plS tUrN dowN YOuR moTiVaTiON~

Bakugou is well on his way to being the grumpy old uncle at gatherings lol @ him sneering at Shouto’s observation of Deku’s Quirk

I can’t believe I’m saying this but OMG MONOMA WAS SO CUTE WITH ERI’S HORN!!!!

Omg Shouto & Kacchan........30MINS AFTER GETTING THEIR LICENSE.......that was one hell of an entrance. I mean, did Kacchan really have to grab onto that lamp post like that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Did Bakugou seriously ask him to get a job LOL that’s probably the most helpful advice you’ll ever get outta him

All Might still risking his own life to save that lady. He really is a true hero, with or without his Quirk. So much respect!

Bakugou Katsuki: No one can eat that much cake!
Also Bakugou Katsuki: Literally starts chomping down on said cake

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 14, 2021 11:57 AM

Aug 2016
Confused why they cut the Detnerat scene (that brief flash of a news screen was an entire scene that made up most of chapter 218). Even more confused by the preview. I won't go into detail for those who want to avoid spoilers, but for those who don't know, this episode went up to chapter 219 of the manga (minus the last scene from that chapter). The preview for next episode contained stuff from chapter 241 and onwards. Those missing 22 or so chapters are an entire important and fan-favorite arc. To my knowledge, nothing close to this has ever happened with the series.

Jun 14, 2021 12:10 PM

Aug 2016
Minory14 said:
Hi everyone, for manga readers (without spoilers please) Do they show in the manga Bakugou and Todoroki's exam for their licenses? Thanks

Nope. That was it.

Jun 14, 2021 12:13 PM
Nov 2013
D-A-W said:
Minory14 said:

Nope. That was it.
oh what a shame. Thank you for yhe answer
Jun 14, 2021 12:21 PM
May 2020
wtf was mina showing mineta
Jun 14, 2021 4:50 PM
May 2019
Finally a non training arc after a half a season of it. I love this show but man can those get repetitive
Jun 14, 2021 4:52 PM
May 2019
D-A-W said:
Confused why they cut the Detnerat scene (that brief flash of a news screen was an entire scene that made up most of chapter 218). Even more confused by the preview. I won't go into detail for those who want to avoid spoilers, but for those who don't know, this episode went up to chapter 219 of the manga (minus the last scene from that chapter). The preview for next episode contained stuff from chapter 241 and onwards. Those missing 22 or so chapters are an entire important and fan-favorite arc. To my knowledge, nothing close to this has ever happened with the series.
I'm not sure buts that's odd considering they have 24 episode slots this season. They could be making it into an OVA or a movie/special but if it's that important I don't know why they would do that.
Jun 14, 2021 4:55 PM
May 2019
Finally a non training arc after a half a season of it. I love this show but man can those get repetitive
Ashhk said:
Nice it's the 100th episode, too bad almost nothing really interesting happened xD but it was nice to see Eri again and Bakugo & Todoroki fighting as heroes at the end! They even got a party obviously xD
Still better then Naruto's 100th episode where lee has multiple flashbacks culminating in him making a decision that you knew he would make as shippuuden had aired the lee Vs lee fight by the time the dub got to it.
Jun 15, 2021 1:32 AM

Nov 2017
So good to see them repair this show. The world is kind of cool now, excited for Christmas Party.

Poor Bones with this shitty mangaka. This show got popular on its concept and character design and has fallen so flat executing it. Plus the original director left for the movies...if what I've read is true. It's good to see them get it back on track.

Seriously, how do you not characterize Todoroki? Like, I get that they're still sort of kids, but he's SO 2-dimensional. And Bakugo looks like he wants to hate fuck Midoriya. Poor Midoriya, he's going to take it and like it.

And I'm not talking about back stories, like Todo is still immensely generic. Who is he? What does he like? What are the details of his power? Been waiting since S2 for that to be explained. We don't know much about Bakugo's power, and he's still just the angry guy. And Midoriya is nice and mutters. Man, in S1, Midoriya DESERVES One-for-All, but by now you're kind of like, shit, give it to somebody else, I don't think he's ready.

And all-might is still lame. And the teachers haven't changed.

Y'know, you think, what is the difference between MHA's characters stagnating like this and something like Naruto? I feel like Kakashi is a person. Even Sasuke grows. Sakura grows. These characters haven't changed since S1.

As good a job as Bones could do, IMO, but man are we behind the eight ball in moving this story forward or developing this world. I've never seen a shounen jump series with so much potential implode like this. Imagine if the characters could just clash with each other and become their own people? Still at arms length, even with Tsuyu. Tsuyu is why I even started watching this show and I don't know anything about her.

And the mangaka is confused, backstory isn't characterization. Make them into people. Somehow this person can't do that. Kakashi feels like a guy you'd meet at a bus station and he'd give you directions, and you would remember everything about his mannerisms and what kind of guy he was, even without his Rin-filled backstory later.

Who is Mina Ashido, the pink haired girl? Anyone? She's just a generic plain-Jane hotty. If you met her at a bus station, would you remember her? Nope, you wouldn't. You would remember her body, but not what kind of person she was. And this lack of characterization is what kills the stakes in this story. We float along and nothing will ever change.

And what differentiates Mina from Uraraka (floaty girl, Midoriya's side piece)? They're the same damn person, they're all the same damn person.

Give me one character in this that isn't just...a nice person. All these characters melt together into one big blob.

I guess some people can write a story that sticks in your mind with characters you remember, and others can't. It's those little details that make a character come alive and seem like a real person. Naruto was a nice guy, but he had a past, he was incorrigible, he hid his pain with hijinks, he had sexy clone-jutsu, everyone knew Naruto, that he was sad but hopeful.

Midoriya writes notes. That's what he does, lots of notes. And his new-dad All-Might tells him off. That's about it.

Kids will like the colorful character design. But this story should've been much better. You could write whole chapters on any of these characters, but we never see it.

Eri is cute though and actually feels alive and warm here, so that's cool. What was her power again? Uh-oh. For such a big deal that took away a guy's power, these characters sure have sunk into the background. XD

I don't exist to poke holes in this series, I'm just frustrated at this mangaka. A real author could step in and do so much with this, there's so much ammo here. It's like he stares at his dick and doesn't know how to use it. God, it's so frustrating! S5 and it's still misshapen clay. I mean I'll keep watching for waifus and action and hoping it turns into something but gaaaaaaaawd.
DarkInsomnia57Jun 15, 2021 1:37 AM
Jun 15, 2021 10:08 AM

Aug 2020
Congrats on 100 episodes Kohei Horikoshi!!

And congrats on the licenses Bakugou and Todoroki!!

Next episode looks fun~
Jun 18, 2021 6:24 PM

Jan 2020
I realized I never got my thoughts out even though I watched it when it came out. 100 episodes is a very major milestone so congrats to mha for joining that club. I'm surprised the series has come this far and it's cool to see.

As for the episode, it didn't stick out to me in an insane way aside from the milestone but it's interesting seeing the three of them in action. The Christmas episode tomorrow looks wild lol. I certainly wasn't expecting anything along those lines but hopefully it'll be a good one.

Jun 19, 2021 3:34 AM

Jan 2014
I know there are main talking points about this episode, but would like to commenton just how nice the comfy casual wear looked. Sometimes the relaxing moments just need appreciating more.
Jun 19, 2021 9:10 PM

Mar 2019
100th Episode and zero special...

3/5...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jun 22, 2021 9:04 PM
Nov 2018
The teases for the next cour, ooh boy can’t wait!!
Jun 26, 2021 5:29 AM

Dec 2013
It was cool learning a little more about Monoma's quirk and what "blanks" actually mean. It was lucky that Monoma couldn't copy a stockpile.

Congrats to Bakugo and Todoroki!
Jun 26, 2021 10:58 PM
Jan 2021
It's funny how Bakugo's idea to awaken Midoriya's new Black Whip quirk is to simply charge at Midoriya and attack him relentlessly. I'm glad Bakugo is getting involved in the OFA conversations and it definitely adds a new perspective to everything that's going on with Midoriya and OFA.

I can't wait to see what class Shinso ends up joining. 1-A or 1-B? We'll just have to wait and see.

Bakugo and Todoroki had the best hero introductions that I've ever seen. Literally 30 minutes after getting their licenses they encounter some villains and clap them cheeks. That carbonation guy was something until Todoroki used the heat from his fire to turn the carbonated water flat. Bakugo went off with his explosions and made sure not to cause any collateral damage. He also stashed away the stolen items to make sure Todoroki didn't accidentally burn anything.

The next episode is going to be a christmas special and some villainy goes on in the process. Will anyone from Class 1-A respond? I guess we'll have to find out next time. I am excited for what's coming in this next season and how much more involvement that Bakugo will have with Midoriya, All Might, and anything else OFA related.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

147 by Skowyt »»
May 27, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

205 by WolfWood37 »»
May 26, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

295 by WolfWood37 »»
May 24, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

120 by WolfWood37 »»
May 22, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

155 by WolfWood37 »»
May 22, 9:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.